Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase (19134 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Rhozabeth(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
Tell them and they will justify an increment in monthly allowance for the home!

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
If I had an increment in salary, I'll tell her the opposite

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by mashad(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
A core Nigerian man will only tell the wife if there is a reduction in his salary

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Burgerlomo: 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:
It's up to you. Then again it depends largely on the kind of person your spouse is. If she's the leechy type, you know what to do.. if shes the prudent type, you know what to do.

As for me, I'm not usually after or particular about someones income because im not ready to disclose mine. So long as you carry out your financial responsibilities as at when due, no qualms.

Yey!!!
First to comment on a financial increment topic.

I dedicate this FTC to my finances. More increase to and in my finances in Jesus name.
Amen!!!!!!

What's going to happen to your own income as you want only your man to carry out his financial responsibilities as at when due?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Druss(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Yes. Who else will I tell?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
vibbb:
Naturally women are selfish in nature: But as a man their are lots of stuff you would practically want to do via extended family that should be done without any permission or explanation from spouse. So the additional increment can conveniently sort that out silently. Some family run on a budget that is so tight without considering extended family which is too bad, both spouses should always consider reaching out to their immediate family without compromising their budget.

Oga put " some".. thank you
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by toujurs: 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
It's a bad idea for the guy to let his lady know how much he earns. Wrongest choice to make.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by ahnie: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
Yes
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Lavisha(f): 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
Nah...
My first appointment letter was 66k..
I've gotten 3 reviews after that but my partner only knows about the first one.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by trevorhorace(m): 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Would you tell her if their is an increment and how much is added??

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

Maybe I acted wrongly , need your reasons.

It depends on who you got married to
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Mozisky: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
No no no
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Bmaster(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2021
Op.
I'll rather set up my own biz
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by vibbb: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
Noted.

Ninisun:

Oga put " some".. thank you
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by jimter44(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
You are not a honest man. Tell your wife how much you receive and if there is an increment, let her know. I will surely tell my wife.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Angrymode: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
Yes I will because I also expect her to do same
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by gabicon: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

The reason you wouldn't tell your spouse about a salary increment is because you lack a family vision, and since you lack a family vision, it's safe to say there are no family systems in place to manage the critical components of the family.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Oyiboman69: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
Noblewealth:
Very well, she told me hers and mine just got increased last month and I told her...

She earn Moore than me, so why won't I and I see no big deal in it
the reason for your own case is obvious... I'll know what to say 'if', you're shouldering the bills alone....
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Prenonjebose: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
Funny enough, we have just an idea of what each is earning, and not the real figure. I care less about what she earns, but she has told me a number of times when she gets an increase, but it just doesn't register with me. I have told her a few occasions when the demand from her is overboard, but I believe it doesn't register with her also. We are good with taking care of our responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
Burgerlomo:

What's going to happen to your own income as you want only your man to carry out his financial responsibilities as at when due?

Are you my man?
Only my man has the right to know.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by above2811(m): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2021
Capital NO. More so, my wife does not even care about my salary, so far am meeting all the family demands because she's working too and her salary is used to support the family also.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Burgerlomo: 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

Are you my man?
Only my man has the right to know.

I can surely be your man because kosi nkan to fi nse eiyan. grin
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by daddyiel(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
My wife knows everything ,my wife is more of financial manager than me , so i tell her everything ,she know all bank pin and logins
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Mayflowa(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:
It's up to you. Then again it depends largely on the kind of person your spouse is. If she's the leechy type, you know what to do.. if shes the prudent type, you know what to do.

As for me, I'm not usually after or particular about someones income because im not ready to disclose mine. So long as you carry out your financial responsibilities as at when due, no qualms.

Yey!!!

I dedicate this FTC to my finances. More increase to and in my finances in Jesus name.
Amen!!!!!!

I feel you should say "so far we carry out our financial responsibilities". Having a man take all the burden of finance in a home would send a man to his early grave just as a man shouldn't let the woman handle all the chores at home.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by rolams(m): 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
I can't say ooo because I am not employed by anyone yet.

Do I even know if I will be employed self?

Ok. I don't think I care about employment again self!

For how many years now?

Abeg! OP no talk about salary for where I dey oooo.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Psoul(m): 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

Yey!!!

Amen!!!!!!

We have to be sincere here.
I have read some people saying if it is where love and peace is, that telling her will not be a problem.
Well, this is not a matter of bn in love or not. Once a woman knows that there are still more, they will keep asking

Let me tell u my strategy. Fortunately, I have a very wonderful wife that is very hard working and very much financial disciplined even more than me.
When I got my Employment Letter. I edited it and put the amount I want her to believe to be my salary.
When salary comes, I give her what is her monthly allowance and for domestic upkeep.
I save from what is remaining plus the extra she did not know about.
That money should not be used for frivolous things. (If you are keeping this extra money don't use it for silly things).
From that time I gave her that money, she will find it difficult to ask me for big money cos she beliv that the little that remains for me will not even be enough for me after taking care of major family bills. She go even dey pity me how I am coping.

Sometime, I will ask her, Babe, lets go for outing. She will be like, Abeg, from which money do u expect us to pay for what we will take if you go for outing. Is it from the money for upkeep or that little that is remaining for you. Abeg, if you feel like taking alcohol, let me go and buy for you and we will sit down here in the house and enjoy it. I go just dey laf inside me.

Then, wen emergency comes, she will be like, Honey, how are we going to handle this issue now. There is no money here now. I will just tell her to calm down that God has never disappointed us for once. Let me rally round and see what I can do. That will be the time I will dip hand into that extra money I did not tell her about my salary and solve the problem. This always make have have strong respect for me cos she will beliv that I am not bn wasteful with my money.

If I get 2 promotions, I will tell her about one. Use the other one as back up.

So for me, don't tell your wife all the money you earn, but make sure you don't spend the money on useless things. Use it to better your family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nyamve1: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bola146:
Sure! I don't pray I should marry liability or enemy of progress,. He MUST know, we are no more two but one. After God na him grin

Pls I want know ur address. Send it to me and thank me later
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Ilovelife4sure: 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:

Can you please explain what you mean by"last last she will still be the one that takes most share" As for me hubby knows how much I earn and I disclose any increment to him. No be deal because he earned that trust and me trusting him didn't happen overnight. Sometimes couple hide things from each other because of past experience or their partners behaviour towards them.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Worksunlimited: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:

Why should I?

She follow me work for am?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by babtoundey(m): 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
It all depends on her and how she help me manage or spend the formal payment.

If at all I must tell her, it is not going to be immediately. She will know when I become more magnificent in my spending at home.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by MolarT(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
She knows..and also knows abt the recent pay rise.
ibrutex:

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Ilovelife4sure: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mine doesn't just know what I earn and when I receive salary increment, he knows my salary account ATM number. It took me time to get to that point of trusting him and being totally open and honest with him. He earned it with his actions. He is a bit extravagant and I am not, but we help each other's weakness. Marriage is a partnership Just pray you get the right partner and there will be no need for secrets.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by kingzjay(m): 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bola146:
Sure! I don't pray I should marry liability or enemy of progress,. He MUST know, we are no more two but one. After God na him grin

Oh God! Forgive my sins. Just grant me this request: Bless me with a woman with this kind of mentality. AMEN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female LAWMA Driver Spotted In Lagos (photos) / How Relevant Is CIBN Certification In Nigeria/globally / Retirement In Nigeria: How Much Does One Need To Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.