Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase (19144 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Bola146(f): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
muller101:
See trap grin

For your siblings? grin

5 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by harjay1986: 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Would you tell her if their is an increment and how much is added??

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

Maybe I acted wrongly , need your reasons.

just like first person to comment says , it depend on kind of spouse you have . like me, I dont know about other person is a must for me to let her know have gain some increment on my salary but that will not translate to increase in upkeep because she know we have alot of project we are on and beside I can only give her money to add to her business anything aside that naa OYO she dey
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by starlingbawa(m): 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bros make we get the salary increment first...
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Mydazz(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2021
I just gave my promotion letter to her last week, it shows the details of the increment lol.
What's not to show,...... Unless your wife isn't a wife

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by TheGift: 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2021
When I see some questions like this, I wonder whether people understand marriage as a case where the two have become one or they see it as a business partnership between two partners who cannot afford to fully trust each other.

Or maybe it’s just that one did not marry a wife that He truly respects and can trust with money.

There is hardly any significant income that I am expecting that my Wife is not aware of. And a significant chunk of it goes to my Wife to plan and sort out our home and joint business spending.

Maybe it helps that She is good ( definitely much better than me) at budgeting and planning and is generally prudent. Maybe it helps that I don’t have too many things I spend money on that I can’t account for, like side chicks or clubbing. But this way my wife doesn’t stress me because She knows i have given what I have at the time. Many times she even adds Her own money and buys me stuff.

I know it helps that in our relationship we relate like the two have become one. It helps in other areas too. You should try it.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by BigDawsNet: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2021
Dollywood:

Who asked you to mention your salary on a public forum, who are you trying to intimidate here?

comeoN mehn! Read very well before you comment

I said "Sample" .... It's all example
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Forthepeople21(f): 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
What kind of marriage do you have if you’re hiding ANYTHING from your spouse. Sounds like a fake ass waste of time to me.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by cameeeeel(m): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
Yes, I will tell her about my salary and my salary increment... Because she is the love of my life... She is rightly beside me... So, she trusts me that I can do it... Infact, she receives alert of my salary and take care of the bills....
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by DeRichard(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

In marriage, both the husband and wife are one. There should be no secrets.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Bamzyriches451: 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
Damn
Ain't getting married so no need to say anything, my money is for me and my family members
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by EgunMogaji2: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:

None of her biz whacks.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by franksam2009: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:
It's up to you. Then again it depends largely on the kind of person your spouse is. If she's the leechy type, you know what to do.. if shes the prudent type, you know what to do.

As for me, I'm not usually after or particular about someones income because im not ready to disclose mine. So long as you carry out your financial responsibilities as at when due, no qualms.

Yey!!!
First to comment on a financial increment post.

I dedicate this FTC to my finances. More increase to and in my finances in Jesus name.
Amen!!!!!!
so you are not ready to disclose your income to your man, but it is the man's duty to carry out the responsibility at home right?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by EgunMogaji2: 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
TheGift:
When I see some questions like this, I wonder whether people understand marriage as a case where the two have become one or they see it as a business partnership between two partners who cannot afford to fully trust each other.

Or maybe it’s just that one did not marry a wife that He truly respects and can trust with money.

There is hardly any significant income that I am expecting that my Wife is not aware of. And a significant chunk of it goes to my Wife to plan and sort out our home and joint business spending.

Maybe it helps that She is good ( definitely much better than me) at budgeting and planning and is generally prudent. Maybe it helps that I don’t have too many things I spend money on that I can’t account for, like side chicks or clubbing. But this way my wife doesn’t stress me because She knows i have given what I have at the time. Many times she even adds Her own money and buys me stuff.

I know it helps that in our relationship we relate like the two have become one. It helps in other areas too. You should try it.

A lot of us did and it ended in premium hot tears grin

I'm glad it's working for you though.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by realtheo: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
If she likes, let her be the best wife on Earth, oga woman nah woman.....no broad difference among them....it is not her fucking business about the increment....yes as for the initial salary I will tell her for her to mark her budget line.....let me come and be going...thank u
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by MufasaLion: 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
newdawn2017:
it's ur spouse's business in Jesus name.

grin grin grin grin

Says who?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Psoul(m): 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

Badt guy. grin You go to lenghts editing a letter just to hide your take-home from madam. This Your own strong o.

That's a smart one though but with too much lies. cool

Yeah... I did it not for selfish interest. I did it for my family.

You said "too much lies." I didn't lie in my comment. I don't have any reason to.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
Psoul:

Yeah... I did it not for selfish interest. I did it for my family.

You said "too much lies." I didn't lie in my comment. I don't have any reason to.

Nope. The lies I meant is where you had to change your salary in your appointment letter. I don't mean in your post.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by drphantom: 2:18am On Oct 10, 2021
ibrutex:

The foundation for a successful marriage is trust.
The degree to which you trust your spouse is the degree to which you will enjoy your marriage.

I always inform my wife of any salary increase and she does the same.
Family finance for us, is a joint affair predicated on openness and honesty, something we started practicing even before we got married.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by xamodans: 4:46am On Oct 10, 2021
You hide it, you'll carry out your responsibilities, you don't hide it, you'll do the same, so why don't you let her know? Except you are the irresponsible type.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Psoul(m): 7:04am On Oct 10, 2021
Mercychen:

Nope. The lies I meant is where you had to change your salary in your appointment letter. I don't mean in your post.

It seems impossible for you but it is a very simple thing to do if you have little knowledge of computer application.
You can edit anything wt Adobe Photoshop or even with ordinary Microsoft Paint.
Just scan the document, open it with Microsoft paint, edit and print with laser jet colour printer. The whole process will not take up to 3mins to complete. I was able to do that cos I am a computer Tech and have all the devices at home.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 10, 2021
Psoul:

It seems impossible for you but it is a very simple thing to do wt if you have little knowledge of computer application.
You can edit anything wt Adobe Photoshop or even with ordinary Microsoft Paint.
Just edit and print with laser jet colour printer. I was able to do that cos I am a computer Tech and have all the devices at home.

Ooo... You're still not getting it.
I mean the editing you did was a lie you made your wife believe. I know you did it and im highly knowledgeable about computer. In fact I have a diploma in desktop publishing. So I know it's very possible.

You did edit the letter, agreed. but what you did in the letter was falsify the figures which was a lie to deceive your woman. Isn't it?

Got my drift now?

Shalom
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by TheGift: 7:31am On Oct 10, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

A lot of us did and it ended in premium hot tears grin

I'm glad it's working for you though.

Hmmmm, I know it hasn’t worked out for some people. Hence their cautiousness.

But as long as they are in the marriage, It would be good for one to trace the real root cause of the issue and to find out if it can be resolved.

Financial and trust issues are among the most common issues that trouble marriages.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Psoul(m): 7:34am On Oct 10, 2021
Mercychen:

Ooo... You're still not getting it.
I mean the editing you did was a lie you made your wife believe. I know you did it and im highly knowledgeable about computer. In fact I have a diploma in desktop publishing. So I know it's very possible.

You did edit the letter, agreed. but what you did in the letter was falsify the figures which was a lie to deceive your woman. Isn't it?

Got my drift now?

Shalom

Yeah.....I got your point now.
Yeah the edit was to deceive her to believe the amount I presented but not for selfish reasons. I did it for all of us. I never misused the hidden amount. I always dip hands there whenever she thought that we have come to the end of the road.
She always feels so relieved when that solution comes, though she does not know the secret.
Without that strategy, it may even be a bit difficult. That secret money has built us two good running businesses, got us some parcels of landed property etc.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by TheGift: 7:35am On Oct 10, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin grin

Says who?

Says “the two have become one” and the concept of “Unity of spouses” under matrimonial Law.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by afo86: 7:38am On Oct 10, 2021
ibrutex:

I'm in your shoe brother. My salary was increased by 100% in the month of June. Brother I can't tell my wife because it helps me to meet a lots of needs. My brother keep your peace and look fresh �
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 10, 2021
Psoul:

Yeah.....I got your point now.
Yeah the edit was to deceive her to believe the amount I presented but not for selfish reasons. I did it for all of us. I never misused the hidden amount. I always dip hands there whenever she thought that we have come to the end of the road.
She always feels so relieved when that solution comes, though she does not know the secret.
Without that strategy, it may even be a bit difficult. That secret money has built us two good running businesses, got us some parcels of landed property etc.

Congratulobia then. wink
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Psoul(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2021
Mercychen:

Congratulobia then. wink

Ndewo Nwanne
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by newdawn2017(f): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin grin

Says who?
Say the Lord as u both re one flesh.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by EgunMogaji2: 8:40am On Oct 11, 2021
TheGift:

Hmmmm, I know it hasn’t worked out for some people. Hence their cautiousness.

But as long as they are in the marriage, It would be good for one to trace the real root cause of the issue and to find out if it can be resolved.

Financial and trust issues are among the most common issues that trouble marriages.

Hence why I think couples should have individual and joint accounts.

Just transfer agreed upon maintenance money from your individual account into the joint one.

One of my exes stopped at the bank to take out over $100K from “our” account on the way to file for divorce grin

That’s when I decided that no woman will ever ever have that much access to my finances again.

Some of us have stories and experiences.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by id4sho(m): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Just transfer agreed upon maintenance money from your individual account into the joint one.

One of my exes stopped at the bank to take out over $100K from “our” account on the way to file for divorce grin

That’s when I decided that no woman will ever ever have that much access to my finances again.

Blood!!!! It is well oooooo shocked

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by EgunMogaji2: 9:18am On Oct 11, 2021
id4sho:

Blood!!!! It is well oooooo shocked

My brother I thank God. I’m alive and I’ve replaced everything I lost in tenfold.

Some were not so lucky.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by TheGift: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Wow!!! With this instance you have given , I understand your position much better now. Best of luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female LAWMA Driver Spotted In Lagos (photos) / How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn / Nairalander Wins Employee Of The Month Award In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.