Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? (34449 Views)

How Can I Track Or Block A Stolen Phone? / How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone / Tecno Unveiled New Phantom Smartphone Yesterday In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Bayoibee: 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ola17:

This is a good question. Though they might have designed it this way so you can easily turn off your phone in case your phone freezes or a rogue app hijacks your phone.
Also remember that a thief can easily remove your sim making it hard to track even if s/he can’t turn it off.

In the other hand, there's an app that does that for jailbroken phones(not encouraged) through Cydia.
You can also set up your iPhone so that you can’t turn on airplane mode from the Lock Screen.

Cheers.

Nice, your explanation makes sense and cydia has always been a life saver for some of us that’s known about jailbreaking for years now but for others who don’t care or are not really tech savvy, this is an important security feature that needs to be added, About removing the sim from the iphone ,what’s the point of iPhones from xs upwards having the e-sim feature then. Apple just like making its user beg for something for years before implementing them. You can’t turn off most of the latest Samsung phones without a passcode including the airplane mode and data. With the find my iPhone feature, the chances of someone getting his phone back If it was stolen is very slim, it only works well if you misplaced your phone or don’t have an idea where you dropped it last.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by OmoManU: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tpave:
I just bought the phone for just 2 weeks ago. She entered bus in the morning about 6am and she was dispossessed of the phone on gun point around Mayfair garden, awoyaya area in Lekki.
Pls any idea of how I can track down the phone?
My own is no dey call Awoyaya Lekki, Awoyaya is Awoyaya, Lekki ends at Chevron/Ikota axis lol

For the phone use find my phone to retrieve the IMEI, pay police or someone working for network service providers that deals with core network if you know any to help you use IMEI track am thru coordinates, you have 90% chance of catching the thief red handed
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Testimony1988(m): 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Do you know the IMEI of the phone, if yes, you can track the phone with that number.
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by ofiko123(m): 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
Use mobile tracker..
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by ChiefSweetus: 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Davash222:

Lol
Awoyaya is Lekki phase 6 na cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
Jeffrey12:
No point trying to track it. You can only track the iPhone if there’s an internet connection in it which i am sure the thief must have put off the phone. Those people stealing iPhones are not actually planning to use it, because there’s iCloud in it and it cannot be bypassed(most especially from iPhone 11 and later). What they do is sell the parts.
You're right except that you can’t turn off the iPhone without unlocking it first. In that case find my iPhone can still be able to locate the iPhone if it connects to Wi-Fi in any way, he should just mark to lost or stolen. Stealing iPhone is a bad idea because you can’t use it even if you bypass iCloud you won’t be able to make or receive calls.
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
Jeffrey12:
No point trying to track it. You can only track the iPhone if there’s an internet connection in it which i am sure the thief must have put off the phone. Those people stealing iPhones are not actually planning to use it, because there’s iCloud in it and it cannot be bypassed(most especially from iPhone 11 and later). What they do is sell the parts.
You're right except that you can’t turn off the iPhone without unlocking it first. In that case find my iPhone can still be able to locate the iPhone if it connects to Wi-Fi in any way, he should just mark to lost or stolen. Stealing iPhone is a bad idea because you can’t use it.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blamziefarmz:
iPhone 11 but she Dey enter bus at 6am go work . Misplaced priority
Life doesn’t work like that. There is no rule book that defines what you should or shouldn’t not buy. I have 11 pro max, MacBook Pro 2016, iPad Pro and I dey enter bus! People way get Lexus jeep fit no get money pass me self. One of my friends have over 30m in Bitcoin but he doesn’t own a ride. It’s a matter of choice! It’s not everyone you see in a bus that is broke, I can buy a very nice car if I want to buy today but I don’t need it.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by SmartPolician: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Awoyaya is not lekki. Iyana ipaja is better than Awoyaya.

You know that's a LIE
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by EmmaLege: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
riches4me:
But wait! What if the OP is d thief, looking for ideas on how to go about his spoil. Since he's faceless. Just thinking.

abi ooo
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by princewarri1985: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tpave:
Her car broke down and couldn't start that morning according to her and I travelled.
It was a big mistake on her side for taking such decision.
That's not the issue now, I just asked if there could be a way to recover it?
Yes it can be tracked
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
princewarri1985:
Yes it can be tracked
It has been recovered. Thanks
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Silentmoni(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blamziefarmz:
i swear bro people can misplace priority....maybe she was tired of driving and uber no dey work dat morning..lol
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
LilNetty:
Bro just forget about the phone... My iPhone x of 2 months old was stolen last month and I even tried tracking it with 45k which up till now no result..Find my phone and IMEI could not track..... Have moved on tho
It has been tracked and recovered this afternoon with just 10k
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Testimony1988:
Do you know the IMEI of the phone, if yes, you can track the phone with that number.
It has been recovered. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by GoshenNLA(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
Go to iCloud.com, you can report the phone stolen put your number there to be reached, the person might call you for a bargain, I’m talking from experience though, I was called for a bargain.
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by GoshenNLA(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tpave:
Can you tell us how?
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
raymondhillmimi:
You're right except that you can’t turn off the iPhone without unlocking it first. In that case find my iPhone can still be able to locate the iPhone if it connects to Wi-Fi in any way, he should just mark to lost or stolen. Stealing iPhone is a bad idea because you can’t use it.
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tpave:
Wow, how please? Do you mind sharing how you got it back ?
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
Testimony1988:
https://www.nairaland.com/6794566/wife-robbed-iphone-11-yesterday#106596337
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by princewarri1985: 4:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blamziefarmz:
My aunty and her husband has 6 cars in their garrage and she is a good driver but she hates driving, it's either her husband drives her sometimes or she calls her keke napep driver who normally takes her to anywhere she's going in warri here, SO YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, there was even the day she wanted to attend a wedding in benin she pleaded with me to drive her there in her jeep and i struck a deal with her and she paid me 25k and also paid for my hotel room, when we got back, till date everybody still wonders why she hate driving despite her being a good driver, so you can see that everybody is wired differently

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by sbot: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

I understand that people need to move early, but that is the same time these people use to strike. It is good to adjust some things and avoid certain outcomes.

It's unsafe for you to be out at that time and it is unfair for employers to give early working hours. Why can't they begin work later in the morning, say 9, knowing the high risk involved in causing movement at 5am?

I used to move at that time, but after hearing of murders, I switched my timing to later hours with sunrise. There are too many wicked people who don't even need provocation to strike. May God keep us all safe from them.

Awoyaya isn’t somewhere you’d want to leave for work later in the morning due to traffic.
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blamziefarmz:
sorry about that . Do u still have the phone case
It has been recovered. Thanks https://www.nairaland.com/6794566/wife-robbed-iphone-11-yesterday#106596337
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Gfskw: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Do you trust the girl are you sure she is not trying to finesse you

Dear nigerian whoress
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
raymondhillmimi:
Sorry I don’t get what you are trying to show me.
I made another post confirming the recovery of the phone today by some guys we contacted for the service. They brought it to my house this afternoon for a fee of 10k

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
Gfskw:
Do you trust the girl are you sure she is not trying to finesse you

Dear nigerian whoress
She is my wife and she paid with her money
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
awesonjr:
just go buy another phone with the tracking money wey u wan go waste
it has been recovered
Re: My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? by Tpave(m): 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
tolakush92:

Be fast about it

I can do that for you

Text me on WhatsApp 09014566031
it's been recovered. Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy / The Major Secret Behind The Cheap Smartphones We Have Today / Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.