Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven (54610 Views)

Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered / Pastor David Elijah Attacked By Assassins. Bullets Refused To Penetrate Body / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by ruggedtimi(m): 4:56am On Oct 11, 2021
Asgard73:
Why is this nonsense always coming up before every election

From panama to Pandora

Who are the journalist 600 of them .. that are looking for free funds

Who have even investigate their claims and rubbish

Nigerians will buy anything everything as long as it to throw dirt to perceive enemy.. political or not.

Modified
All those on mention..
So
Now you have this pandora information.. what do we do we it?
maybe you can't do anything with it ..but doesn't mean the information is nonsense.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by ruggedtimi(m): 4:56am On Oct 11, 2021
jcross19:
what's their crime? Because multi choice, total, shell, chevron, Mobil and many more are not Nigerian owned companies so what's the crime?
but they are paying tax to the Nigeria govt.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by ruggedtimi(m): 4:59am On Oct 11, 2021
JOemmy:
As long as the money they used in investing in those offshore companies is not stolen public funds I honestly don't see anything wrong here is not the duty of the nigerian govt to tell wealthy nigerians were to invest their money premium times should stop verifying and demonizing peter obi and these extremely rich men of God they have committed no criminal offense known to the nigerian laws.
who make those laws ? The elite.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by ruggedtimi(m): 5:01am On Oct 11, 2021
Krismas:
coolIf u’ve read the Bible closely, u wud have realized that the instructions on tithe is progressive. 1st instruction was for u to leave it outside ur fence for d less privileged. Then it become, take it to Shiloh and EAT IT by urself and later bring it to the temple and leave it for those who tend the altar. Tithe is 1/10th of income. I told u, I am not keen to talk religion. However, if u earn 200k, ur tithe for the mnth is 20k and perhaps plus offerings for the mnth, everytin u give maybe 30k. But if in the course of the month, u receive a blessing from Oyedepo’s ministration, say someone framed u at work and u almost got sacked until one word from the bishop broke the maze and the person was exposed! Ur gratitude offering to the man of God will exceed ur obligational tithe and offering for that month. Oyedepo gets personal offerings daily. He feeds from signs and wonders. Equally if u come to his church, u might use his businesses, like hotel and restaurants, u might buy bread from his bakery and drink water from his bottle water company or some Agro products from his farms. Those are his business, not church and wot u’l spend will certainly be many times over than wot u will give in church. He is richer than the church and the largest donor to the church. If a minister depends on tithe and offering, he cannot have the kind of money people envy Oyedepo for
he is richer than the church
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by jcross19: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2021
ruggedtimi:
but they are paying tax to the Nigeria govt.
and are from another countries?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Elbinawi: 6:58am On Oct 11, 2021
Pandora Papers: Investigation Reveals How Bishop Oyedepo Set Up Company For Wife, Children In Tax Haven | Sahara Reporters

Mee:

Nigerian Pastors are the richest in the world. Their voluminous private Jets is a world record. Having a single private Jet is a sign of poverty for a Nigerian Pastor.

When Karl Marx declared that "religion is an opiate of the masses" he was partly right. I find it difficult to comprehend the rationale of collecting money from poor and hungry people and to use those money to buy private Jet for the comfort of a single man.

There are dollar billionaires in the West and China that do not have private Jets. Unfortunately, Our Pastors here in Nigeria compete in the purchase of expensive Private Jets.

I am not criticizing Christianity please, I am criticizing an unjust norm that is cruel and unjust to the poor and downtrodden. If Muslim clerics does this I will criticize them.

Please share this post with your Nigerian Christian Friends and Associates! Thank you!

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by dazzlingd(m): 7:02am On Oct 11, 2021
Church is the sweetest scam
1.you can't be prosecuted
2. Your victims will defend you

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by dazzlingd(m): 7:04am On Oct 11, 2021
Charmingrascal:
"Seek Christ first and every other thing (Money, properties) will be added onto it"

Many of these Pastors started humbly from nothing, they were preaching the gospel of Christ when there was no monetary gain, after winning souls for Christ, God is adding other things which he promised to add and this is why their blessings keep on increasing and their coast is being enlarged.

So whoever is reading this "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need" Matthew 6:33

I am not even a born again and in most cases I will be the one to criticize Pastor but I now know better

How much per soul?
When is God doing promo?
Win one soul get double blessings
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by ruggedtimi(m): 7:38am On Oct 11, 2021
jcross19:
and are from another countries?
well you dont understand the meaning of tax Haven and offshore accounts
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by emmyileri(m): 8:05am On Oct 11, 2021
I still don't understand, is it wrong to set up a business or was the journalism about them setting up a business in illegal way
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by jcross19: 9:13am On Oct 11, 2021
ruggedtimi:
well you dont understand the meaning of tax Haven and offshore accounts
so is a crime to have company in another country..
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by kiwi007: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2021
jcross19:
so is a crime to have company in another country..
No there's no crime in that... The question is why is pastor having a business in a tax Haven. After Bible said give to ceaser what belong to ceaser. As a father he it's not bad going there but as a pastor it's questionable. Peace
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by kiwi007: 10:10am On Oct 11, 2021
nniero11:

Boss please be honest! look around you and tell me what you see? Do you think people go to church because they love God, NO. They go to church because they are being told they'll be fine if they serve God and pay tithe. These members at times part with their last card just to atttact God's blessings which they never see because they are following Him wrongly.

Over 99.9 of the population of Nigeria is living below poverty. Why do you think the youths are turning to SCAMMING?

A lot of people are living homeless. some go hungry for days. most can't even go to the hospitals when they fall ill.

JESUS the son of the most high God didn't even OWN a horse during his time on earth.

THE COST OF ACQUIRING AND KEEPING 1 PRIVATE JET CAN PULL OBER 1,000 nigerians from poverty.

THE AIM OF RELIGION IN NIGERIA IS DEFEATED.

The worst of it all is trying to forcefully convert some one which always ends in violence.

A true believer should be a shining light. everyone loves light. no one wants to be in the dark. until we become truly emancipated we'll continue to suffer at the hands of nigerian pastors.

How can you take your tithe to church that is already RICH but your next door neighbour is STARVING.

WHY CAN'T NIGERIAN PASTORS BUILD MEGA INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA TO MAKE JOB AVAILABLE FOR THE PEOPLE?

WHY HOARD WEALTH YOU MADE THROUGH COLLECTION FROM THE PEOPLE.

I AM THIS WAY BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT ALL. I HAVE BEEN ON THE STREET WITH NO FAMILY BUT GOD THEN I GOT THE TRUE MESSAGE OF YAHWEH.

HUMILITY AND TOLERANCE. WE ALL BELONG TO THE CREATOR FOR HE MADE US ALL FOR HIS USE. BOTH THE KILLER, THE UNBELIEVER AND WHOSOEVER YOU COULD THINK OF FOR HIS PRAISE. HE IS WISER THAN US. HE IS POWERFUL AND ALL KNOWING.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT ENOUGH TO WAIT ON HIM HE LAVISHES WITH ALL GOOD THINGS

IT SADDENS ME THAT NIGERIAN PASTORS ARE NOW PLAYING GOD!!

My point exactly Jesus didn't own a horse , a private ship, a chariot or even a donkey . These mentioned here are actually the private jet of now .... So why will a MOG want to own them and even go as far as having two .... Christlike indeed .
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Tonyblessed(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2021
Instead of these people to turn to God to bless them and ask for counseling on how God has blessed him abundantly. They are here spewing trash from the pit of hell. The gates of hell shall never prevail over the church of Christ in Nigeria. All our government officials even in APC that has wrecked the value of the naira or busy looting. Where are their names? Evil and spiteful journalism.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Don27tiky(m): 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
chiefoboh1:
is it a crime to own a company again cos he is a man of God, did he steal any money from you or from d church account?
God blesses him, wisdom is also profitable to direct .
He should not be a waster ,he is wise to also have a future investment as God is blessing him
well done MR defender of pastors. Hope when God wants to pass his judgment on him on the last day you will be there to defend him. No one one owns a church(gathering of Christians). The people are the church that should not be owned by one man and his family members.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Don27tiky(m): 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Tonyblessed:
Instead of these people to turn to God to bless them and ask for counseling on how God has blessed him abundantly. They are here spewing trash from the pit of hell. The gates of hell shall never prevail over the church of Christ in Nigeria. All our government officials even in APC that has wrecked the value of the naira or busy looting. Where are their names? Evil and spiteful journalism.
keep defending bro. God will not judge the church(Christians) but individually. Hope you guys will be there to defend your daddy GOs on judgement day? This men deviated from what they started long time ago. Poverty is high in Nigeria now because these people amassed so much from the gullible but are scared of investing it here for fear of members coming after them
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by jcross19: 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
kiwi007:

No there's no crime in that... The question is why is pastor having a business in a tax Haven. After Bible said give to ceaser what belong to ceaser. As a father he it's not bad going there but as a pastor it's questionable. Peace
Am not talking about pastor here or anyone but since is not crime then no one has broken any law here be it anyone...
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Krismas(m): 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
ruggedtimi:
he is richer than the church
grin Yeah, He sleeps only 3am everyday waking up 5am. He is a workaholic and he pays a tithe of 80% of all his income to God. He is actually 20% worth of his estimated wealth.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by pquaver(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These people don't violate any law, the businesses are legal and accepted by international law, only the source of the fund they invested called for concerns and Oyedepo is never a card carrying member of any political parties

Oga he us pdp Tru n Tru oga

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters / Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.