Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven (54571 Views)

Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered / Pastor David Elijah Attacked By Assassins. Bullets Refused To Penetrate Body / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Mftivi: 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Stop being deceptive my brother. Christ was clearly against accumulation of worldly riches. We all want to be rich - that's human. But don't lie that's what Christ taught. BTW what u think of the sreenshot above
where did I now quote all those things from ? Oga if you love poverty love it alone, na your children I dey pity.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by emapeteum(m): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
subcbouy:
This is legal as long as he isn't a politician that won't declare such a company.
Always supporting evil just to make them appear as true man of God
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Calitoscassius(m): 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Oledepo is a crook! The only people who doesn't know this are his dumb worshippers.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Calitoscassius(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mftivi:
where did I now quote all those things from ? Oga if you love poverty love it alone, na your children I dey pity.
I can bet my ass you are not rich yourself. cheesy you love love poverty too
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Krismas(m): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
Feelings79:
Tithe was meant for the poor, the strangers, the widows and the orphans including the Levites.So there's nothing wrong if he eats from it.The only reason they claim they are not eating from it is because they will also be asked about the poor, the widows and the strangers and the orphans since the claim that they too are not eating from it.The question then is who exactly is eating the tithe?
coolIf u’ve read the Bible closely, u wud have realized that the instructions on tithe is progressive. 1st instruction was for u to leave it outside ur fence for d less privileged. Then it become, take it to Shiloh and EAT IT by urself and later bring it to the temple and leave it for those who tend the altar. Tithe is 1/10th of income. I told u, I am not keen to talk religion. However, if u earn 200k, ur tithe for the mnth is 20k and perhaps plus offerings for the mnth, everytin u give maybe 30k. But if in the course of the month, u receive a blessing from Oyedepo’s ministration, say someone framed u at work and u almost got sacked until one word from the bishop broke the maze and the person was exposed! Ur gratitude offering to the man of God will exceed ur obligational tithe and offering for that month. Oyedepo gets personal offerings daily. He feeds from signs and wonders. Equally if u come to his church, u might use his businesses, like hotel and restaurants, u might buy bread from his bakery and drink water from his bottle water company or some Agro products from his farms. Those are his business, not church and wot u’l spend will certainly be many times over than wot u will give in church. He is richer than the church and the largest donor to the church. If a minister depends on tithe and offering, he cannot have the kind of money people envy Oyedepo for
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Vinstel: 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
maak400:
Pastors and Politicians are the same lipsrsealed
They didn't commit any crime, they didn't break any laws so what's all these noise about?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Krismas:
coolIf u’ve read the Bible closely, u wud have realized that the instructions on tithe is progressive. 1st instruction was for u to leave it outside ur fence for d less privileged. Then it become, take it to Shiloh and EAT IT by urself and later bring it to the temple and leave it for those who tend the altar. Tithe is 1/10th of income. I told u, I am not keen to talk religion. However, if u earn 200k, ur tithe for the mnth is 20k and perhaps plus offerings for the mnth, everytin u give maybe 30k. But if in the course of the month, u receive a blessing from Oyedepo’s ministration, say someone framed u at work and u almost got sacked until one word from the bishop broke the maze and the person was exposed! Ur gratitude offering to the man of God will exceed ur obligational tithe and offering for that month. Oyedepo gets personal offerings daily. He feeds from signs and wonders. Equally if u come to his church, u might use his businesses, like hotel and restaurants, u might buy bread from his bakery and drink water from his bottle water company or some Agro products from his farms. Those are his business, not church and wot u’l spend will certainly be many times over than wot u will give in church. He is richer than the church and the largest donor to the church. If a minister depends on tithe and offering, he cannot have the kind of money people envy Oyedepo for

Bro really? You are very funny. So long as he belongs to God so is everything that he owns. You just made me wonder the kind of christian you are.

What we have in Nigeria are not pastors. Even the bible said it all. The shepherds no longer care about the sheep but are busy feasting on the sheep.

The church is not a building but a way of life which advocates love, unity, and above all TOLERANCE

imagine where you can not be given employment into church organizations because you are not a member. How pathetic

FREELY YOU HAVE RECEIVED FREELY GIVE
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Vinstel: 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
emapeteum:

Always supporting evil just to make them appear as true man of God
What crime did they commit? What laws did they break?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by FreeIgboho: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mftivi:

My brother stop compounding your deception by deceiving more. There could be consequences for that. The gospel is meant to be taken as a whole. No one is talking about "poverty". Christ was clearly against accumulation of worldly riches.
The apostles and early disciples gave more for the gospel than we can ever give. How many of them became worldly rich??

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by kjhova(m): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Tax evasion is not criminal in Nigeria. Stop writing nonsense.

Evade payable tax in Nigeria and get caught by the FIRS or any other legitimate body and come back to me with your untrained manners.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Corporate2020: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
jimter44:
Bishop David Oyedepo setting up such a company is not a crime. If the story is true, he must have used his personal money, which he got ligitimate and not the church money.

This one is a useless Pharisee, just like several of my Muslim brothers like the Hisbah Police of Kano that said they are to arrest only the poor masses and not the rich who are flouting all Shariah laws.

Please tell me what other job David Oyedepo does.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
RiceProducers:
Churches should not be patronizing tax havens. Always give to Caesar what is Caesar's. Most tax havens are mammon worshipping entities
100%
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
HappyPagan:
3 Problems of Nigeria

POLITICIANS
PASTORS
PEOPLE
cry
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
festacman:
Peter Obi can now sleep. It is not looking completely a bad company. There is now a touch of holiness to the sh*t. grin

By the way, it is looking increasingly obvious that starting with Peter Obi was a hot agenda agending on Monday morning.
LMAO
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by KingLennon(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
Feelings79:
If this was true, then Nigeria and Afghanistan would have been the most prosperous of all nations while the poorest would be China where religion is criminalized.According to the Pew Research on Global attitudes, Nigeria and Afghanistan are the most prayerful nations on earth
Nigeria is not poor! It's bad leadership. A country that has the highest paid legislators in the world? Nobody is forcing you to believe bro. Anything you believe works for you.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by danot1030: 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
RiceProducers:
Churches should not be patronizing tax havens. Always give to Caesar what is Caesar's. Most tax havens are mammon worshipping entities

Oyedepo will not see this portion of the Bible you quoted nor apply it to himself. The scripture he always looked for to assert on his followers are laws to bind them to slavery.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Yusman316(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
Vinstel:

So all the explanations been made about what tax evasion is, and under Nigerian law and many other countries it is a crime. U didn't pick any?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by FreeIgboho: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
Vinstel:

We are not lawyers. But we do know it is sordid and tawdry and what criminals often resort to. Which is why they were hiding it.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by UltimateStarman: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by justmondris: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
And who told you that setting up an offshore company is a crime? The rich are always getting richer because they know how to reduce their tax legally
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by princewarri1985: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/489110-pandora-papers-how-pastor-david-oyedepo-set-up-family-offshore-company-in-tax-haven.html
Oyedepo did nothing wrong, you people should leave him to enjoy his money because he worked hard for it, abi una dey there decades ago when he was suffering and also nobody?? He is not a politician
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Hismasterpiece(m): 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
HappyPagan:
3 Problems of Nigeria

POLITICIANS
PASTORS
PEOPLE

You are a person too so i guess you are also one of the problems of Nigeria
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by ransomed: 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
What political post has Oyedepo held since 1999? What of his wife and children? Tell APC and Fulani Herdsmen that this is an exercise in futility.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by 4four(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
Wahalaperson:
nigerians and their stupid way of reasoning, and this one will think he's intelligent now
he want to politicizes it and everything turn to mud fight
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
generalwo:
.. Bros the international community no recognize ipob as a legal entity..... Infact I heard one time it was declared a terror group..... Wetin u want make the international community talk wen government arrest person whom they perceive to be a threat to national security? Did the international community not intervene during the end Sars protest? Kanu was designated a terrorist and the international community has nothing they can do about it
Yeah right! We all saw how Buhari is fighting the real terrorists grin grin
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by KinSlayer: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
RiceProducers:
Very sensible and straightforward. Like this kind comment you go see e go reduce body heat, cool temper.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by futurism: 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These people don't violate any law, the businesses are legal and accepted by international law, only the source of the fund they invested called for concerns and Oyedepo is never a card carrying member of any political parties
They did to Peter Obi but most people didn't question the agenda. Now it is Pastor Oyedepo. What most of the people parroting this nonsense is that they have failed to tell us the crime of owning a bank account offshore.

Oyedepo or Peter Obi did not steal someone money and keep in those places. It was their own personal money, worked for, saved and kept over there and someone who calls himself a human decides to get up and wrote a piece from the angle that they stole and kept money in those places. That is the narrative they are trying to pass across.

As I am talking to you, I have docs from Offshore bank waiting for me to complete in order to keep my money with them. I personally contacted them after this Peter Obi news went viral.

What are these people on about? So, if I make money now and decide that I want keep my money offshore, these people will label me a criminal. just like that?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by KinSlayer: 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
festacman:
Peter Obi can now sleep. It is not looking completely a bad company. There is now a touch of holiness to the sh*t. grin

By the way, it is looking increasingly obvious that starting with Peter Obi was a hot agenda agending on Monday morning.
The Pandora papers include names like English PM, Carlo Ancelotti, Angel Di Maria, The King of Jordan etc. It's just who has an investment n tax free countries. It's not even journalism, its just a leak.
. And the freaking Royal family!

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by ofiko123(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
May God help and bless us all..
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Gfskw: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Krismas(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
nniero11:

Bro really? You are very funny. So long as he belongs to God so is everything that he owns. You just made me wonder the kind of christian you are.

What we have in Nigeria are not pastors. Even the bible said it all. The shepherds no longer care about the sheep but are busy feasting on the sheep.

The church is not a building but a way of life which advocates love, unity, and above all TOLERANCE

imagine where you can not be given employment into church organizations because you are not a member. How pathetic

FREELY YOU HAVE RECEIVED FREELY GIVE
grin From tithe to employment! I don’t even know wot u are taking abt? If u are a Christian, remember Jesus said ur helper is THE HOLYSPIRIT not a man or a man of God. And ur enemy is Satan. Quit looking up to men

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.