Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,415 members, 7,830,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven (54619 Views)

Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered / Pastor David Elijah Attacked By Assassins. Bullets Refused To Penetrate Body / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by prigoz(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Shawnnn01:
So we can all agree it is OK for Tinubu mad his cousin to own company abroad now. Not that is when peter Obi n Oyedepo that your ruke applies but when they mention Tinubu you want him jailed.

Am sure you are a thief, if not why are you always defend Tinubu. Pls face your front
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Oduduwa707: 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These people don't violate any law, the businesses are legal and accepted by international law, only the source of the fund they invested called for concerns and Oyedepo is never a card carrying member of any political parties

They violated God's, nature's, morals and ethical laws by the way they deceive innocent and gullible congregations. angry
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Oduduwa707: 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
lasthero:
Touch not my Annoited.

You're indeed MADDD! angry
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Caseless: 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
Asgard73:
Why is this nonsense always coming up before every election

From panama to Pandora

Who are the journalist 600 of them .. that are looking for free funds

Who have even investigate their claims and rubbish

Nigerians will buy anything everything as long as it to throw dirt to perceive enemy.. political or not.

Modified
All those on mention..
So
Now you have this pandora information.. what do we do we it?
not about people being in your mention, edit your post so others will not see the stupidity in it.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by desiredhome: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
loswhite:
Since it is a pastor...lol you will type this but if it was Atiku your typing will change immediately. The problem of Nigeria is the citizens.
I dey tell you......the problem of Nigeria is hypocrisy and the slave mentality of the majority........... Especially the sheeple/brainwashed fellows
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by lekkys: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
The church is marching on gate of hell will not prevail.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by prizeless(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Yusman316(m): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
From comments, one will know that many people don't understand the legal issues surrounding these tax haven accounts/investments. No body is saying the people making these investments stole money to make them. The issue is, the secrecy of the investments shields them from paying proper taxes on such investments which is a crime in many countries. So the issue here is called "tax evasion". That's why even under reporting profits from businesses is a crime. Because the amount payable for tax is based on how much profit a business makes. Imagine u made a 1000 naira as profit from your business which now requires u pay 100 as tax. But u instead claimed u only made 500 naira as profit so that u will pay only 50 naira. That's considered a crime known as tax evasion

2 Likes

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by FiverrTutor(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
Asgard73:

From panama to Pandora

Nigerians will buy anything everything as long as it to throw dirt to perceive enemy.. political or not.

Modified
All those on mention..
So

You think you're sensible with that nonsense you wrote up there!!!!
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
SocialJustice:
Churches are not taxed in Nigeria, they opened offshore accounts to secure their future. No reasonable HNI keep their main savings in Nigeria.

WHEN THE MEMBERS ARE VERY POOR?

YOU ARE SAVING UP WEALTH IN A COUNTRY WHEN ALMOST EVERY ONE IS POOR. I NO LONGER GO TO CHURCH. CHRISTIANITY IS A WAY OF LIFE. NIGERIAN PASTORS ARE EVIL

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by desiredhome: 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
lekkys:
The church is marching on gate of hell will not prevail.
Our God is not an author of confusion

There's deference between Church and Business center, unfortunately the church of today have turned from Church to business center, this is the reason the more we see churches springs everywhere in the society, the more crime is increasing as well.....

Even a juju priest will clame he own a church today and gullible fellows will defend him......

Our God is too merciful

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Krismas(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blakpot:

Whats so funny?
He earns his money in Nigeria, a portion of that money is channelled abroad to finance a company in the British Virgin Island. Companies established there pay little to no tax.
The portion sent to the company and its dividends is potential tax revenue that could have been earned by the Nigerian govt.

He might pay taxes in Nigeria, but him seeking the services of companies that specialize in manipulating corporate finance through offshore companies, shows his intent - tax evasion.
grin Thats funny. His companies’ profits are already taxed in Nigeria. So, he can send the money anywhere he likes. Besides how can anyone send money out of Nigeria without hitting FIRS tax firewall?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Feelings79: 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
Krismas:
coolOyedepo’s central message is not tithe, Oyedepo does not live on tithe. If any minister depend on tithe and offering, he cannot be really rich. I am not interested in discussing religion
Tithe was meant for the poor, the strangers, the widows and the orphans including the Levites.So there's nothing wrong if he eats from it.The only reason they claim they are not eating from it is because they will also be asked about the poor, the widows and the strangers and the orphans since the claim that they too are not eating from it.The question then is who exactly is eating the tithe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by michlins(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
Obviously many people don't understand the implications of what is going on. They think it is just opening an account in a foreign country.

grin grin grin

/
are you just realizing that we have plenty of illiterates parading certificate
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by HigherEd: 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Survivingnaija:
Lol. Jesus said “give to Ceaser what is Ceaser’s and give to God what is God’s”.

Christ is the bedrock of Christianity, He recognises that people should pay tax and not avoid them. Not criticising our daddy GOs though, they know best.
The offshore account is also under a govt that can be referred to as ceasar.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Feelings79: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
KingLennon:

Anybody who serves God wholeheartedly can never be poor. Try it and you will see it. No be film trick oo
If this was true, then Nigeria and Afghanistan would have been the most prosperous of all nations while the poorest would be China where religion is criminalized.According to the Pew Research on Global attitudes, Nigeria and Afghanistan are the most prayerful nations on earth
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Buckeyemedia1: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These people don't violate any law, the businesses are legal and accepted by international law, only the source of the fund they invested called for concerns and Oyedepo is never a card carrying member of any political parties
He is a spiritual card carrying member of pdp
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by kjhova(m): 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Strongbest:
My love for this man of God, Bishop David Oyedepo keeps in increasing.

This is a man I have known to walk the talk, a mentor whose life is truly worthy of emulation.

Imagine this man the president of Nigeria, my God! Nigeria would have been heaven on earth.

The secret of his wealth and prosperity is in his love for God.

Unfortunately, noisemakers and haters of good things can't comprehend this simple fact yet.

If you like, keep deceiving yourself and keep typing rubbish on the internet about him, you will only keep wallowing in poverty mentality and that your hatred for him will keep frustrating you.

Sit under this man's ministration and your life can never remain the same but most Nigerians are gullible and believe everything they hear or read on the internet about him

I almost joined the bandwagon talking rubbish about him until I had an encounter that revealed how real this man is to me.

Look, if you find anything incriminating in his dealings please feel free to quote me. I pray for more blessings and wisdom upon this man of God. Amen

Setting up business in tax havens is for one thing and one thing only, to hide your income for the purpose of tax evasion. Now under Nigerian laws (and the laws of most nations of the Earth except of course, tax havens), tax evasion is a criminal offence! Emphasis on CRIMINAL!!!

Another major reason why people set up business in tax havens is (note how I already stated this above) to hide income. If you sit back on the word HIDE, you'd realize that if one had shady business or stolen wealth, a tax haven comes in really handy in hiding all of these from the public.

Now a pastor, and his family, who sit in trust over billions of dollars of public donations by church members etc decide to set up secret (say it again, SECRET) businesses in a tax haven...I mean they actually went through the whole stressful process of hiring foreign experts in such matters to put it together for them...hmmmm...what do you think? Tell me!
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by BRATISLAVA: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Charmingrascal:
"Seek Christ first and every other thing (Money, properties) will be added onto it"

Many of these Pastors started humbly from nothing, they were preaching the gospel of Christ when there was no monetary gain, after winning souls for Christ, God is adding other things which he promised to add and this is why their blessings keep on increasing and their coast is being enlarged.

So whoever is reading this "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need" Matthew 6:33

I am not even a born again and in most cases I will be the one to criticize Pastor but I now know better

If their intentions are clear and they are so blessed, why are they setting up companies in a way that is known to be the refuge of money launderers and criminals? What is their reason for trying to hide vast wealth? Shouldn't they be proud of it?

Man's worship of money.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Buckeyemedia1: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
Feelings79:
Tithe was meant for the poor, the strangers, the widows and the orphans including the Levites.So there's nothing wrong if he eats from it.The only reason they claim they are not eating from it is because they will also be asked about the poor, the widows and the strangers and the orphans since the claim that they too are not eating from it.The question then is who exactly is eating the tithe?
The irony they have the richest pastors but the poorest congregations, go figure out what is happening to the tithes for the poor?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Buckeyemedia1: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

If their intentions are clear and they are so blessed, why are they setting up companies in a way that is known to be the refuge of money launderers and criminals? What is their reason for trying to hide vast wealth? Shouldn't they be proud of it?

Man's worship of money.

So they won’t have to pay 10% tithes to JAH, & 39% tax to Government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Origin(f): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Money remains the root of all evils, just follow the money and all shall be revealed into thee......

Neverthe less, this leak is a breach of the secrecy guaranteed through the use of these Island and looks like a revelation rather than a leak.

As I am very sure several developed countries and very many rich people whites and blacks included would have been exposed if it had been a leak.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by BRATISLAVA: 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
nniero11:

YOU ARE SAVING UP WEALTH IN A COUNTRY WHEN ALMOST EVERY ONE IS POOR. I NO LONGER GO TO CHURCH. CHRISTIANITY IS A WAY OF LIFE. NIGERIAN PASTORS ARE EVIL

Members aren't very poor. Who said church members are very poor? Do all the deckings and people at the front rows of churches all over the world indicate poverty?

It's getting clear that whatever pastors decide to do with tithes and donations is between them and their god. It's just their manner of going about it that creates suspicion.

You're complaining about the Nigerian pastors. Probably because they are braggarts. Wait until you see the wealth of their mentors of the prosperity gospel in America. What will you do if those ones are exposed?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Buckeyemedia1: 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Members aren't very poor. Who said church members are very poor? Do all the deckings and people at the front rows of churches all over the world indicate poverty?

It's getting clear that whatever pastors decide to do with tithes and donations is between them and their god. It's just their manner of going about it that creates suspicion.

You're complaining about the Nigerian pastors. Probably because they are braggarts. Wait until you see the wealth of their mentors of the prosperity gospel in America. What will you do if those ones are exposed?
What business does any Nigerian so called Bishop have been amongst the richest clergy men in the world, isn’t Nigeria deemed amongst the Centre of world poverty?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by gazza07(m): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hope you questioned Peter Obi's case report in this same manner.... thank u
Asgard73:

From panama to Pandora

Modified
All those on mention..
So
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by BRATISLAVA: 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
So they won’t have to pay 10% tithes to JAH, & 39% tax to Government.

Lol.

They can't be running from paying tithes that alone form a significant part of the budget, can they?

The funny thing is that they are entitled to tenth of all their church income and should be paying a tenth of that, too. Maybe there's an old testament clause they can rely on like the tax havens.

Let us trust they are doing the right thing.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by gazza07(m): 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
.....[Hope you questioned Peter Obi's case report in this same manner.... thank u
author=Asgard73:

From panama to Pandora

Modified
All those on mention..
So
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by BRATISLAVA: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
What business does any Nigerian so called Bishop have been amongst the richest clergy men in the world, isn’t Nigeria deemed amongst the Centre of world poverty?

They write books and have merchandise that has nothing to do with their churches. People like Oyakhilome are best selling authors internationally.

They have other merchandise and they get promotions from things like "travel to the holy Land" with me. Have you seen their YouTube pages with 1bn views etc?

Not to mention some members just like giving them money and expensive gifts. The average Nigerian wants to curry favor from their pastor. I'm waiting for the day when I'll buy my pastor a private jet and sit at the front row. embarassed

Of course you will argue that for all the donations their churches receive, where is the actual thing they did?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
kjhova:

Setting up business in tax havens is for one thing and one thing only, to hide your income for the purpose of tax evasion. Now under Nigerian laws (and the laws of most nations of the Earth except of course, tax havens), tax evasion is a criminal offence! Emphasis on CRIMINAL!!!

Another major reason why people set up business in tax havens is (note how I already stated this above) to hide income. If you sit back on the word HIDE, you'd realize that if one had shady business or stolen wealth, a tax haven comes in really handy in hiding all of these from the public.

Now a pastor, and his family, who sit in trust over billions of dollars of public donations by church members etc decide to set up secret (say it again, SECRET) businesses in a tax haven...I mean they actually went through the whole stressful process of hiring foreign experts in such matters to put it together for them...hmmmm...what do you think? Tell me!

Tax evasion is not criminal in Nigeria. Stop writing nonsense.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Boss please be honest! look around you and tell me what you see? Do you think people go to church because they love God, NO. They go to church because they are being told they'll be fine if they serve God and pay tithe. These members at times part with their last card just to atttact God's blessings which they never see because they are following Him wrongly.

Over 99.9 of the population of Nigeria is living below poverty. Why do you think the youths are turning to SCAMMING?

A lot of people are living homeless. some go hungry for days. most can't even go to the hospitals when they fall ill.

JESUS the son of the most high God didn't even OWN a horse during his time on earth.

THE COST OF ACQUIRING AND KEEPING 1 PRIVATE JET CAN PULL OBER 1,000 nigerians from poverty.

THE AIM OF RELIGION IN NIGERIA IS DEFEATED.

The worst of it all is trying to forcefully convert some one which always ends in violence.

A true believer should be a shining light. everyone loves light. no one wants to be in the dark. until we become truly emancipated we'll continue to suffer at the hands of nigerian pastors.

How can you take your tithe to church that is already RICH but your next door neighbour is STARVING.

WHY CAN'T NIGERIAN PASTORS BUILD MEGA INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA TO MAKE JOB AVAILABLE FOR THE PEOPLE?

WHY HOARD WEALTH YOU MADE THROUGH COLLECTION FROM THE PEOPLE.

I AM THIS WAY BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT ALL. I HAVE BEEN ON THE STREET WITH NO FAMILY BUT GOD THEN I GOT THE TRUE MESSAGE OF YAHWEH.

HUMILITY AND TOLERANCE. WE ALL BELONG TO THE CREATOR FOR HE MADE US ALL FOR HIS USE. BOTH THE KILLER, THE UNBELIEVER AND WHOSOEVER YOU COULD THINK OF FOR HIS PRAISE. HE IS WISER THAN US. HE IS POWERFUL AND ALL KNOWING.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT ENOUGH TO WAIT ON HIM HE LAVISHES WITH ALL GOOD THINGS

IT SADDENS ME THAT NIGERIAN PASTORS ARE NOW PLAYING GOD!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by emapeteum(m): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Did you even understand the reason behind the investigation?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by SocialJustice: 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
nniero11:

Very evil, selfish and greedy. I also don't go to church, there's too much wrong with Christianity in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.