Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered (34835 Views)

Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven / Mama @ 60: 20 Facts About Bishop David And Faith Oyedepo That You Didn't Know / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by prizeless(m): 9:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
studentofTruth:
Can someone help me understand this thing I have observed about Christians and the Christian God:

Why is it that it's the healthy who apparently have no need for miracles that give testimonies of miracles, while those who are actually sick and in real need of the miracles don't get them?

Those amputees in Igbobi are desperately yearning and praying for miracles but don't get them.
Are you so sure or you're making assumptions and postulating theories

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
driand:
cool

I'm a Christian but this pastor issa yahoo bishop

YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by greatiyk4u(m): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lolz
As usual the op only appealed to religious sympathy and emotions rather than giving a sound logical defence

The man na PDP pastor, nothing more
Separate the country and see him go back to street hustling

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by studentofTruth: 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
prizeless:

Are you so sure or you're making assumptions and postulating theories

Go to Igbobi and tell me.

Then go to the praying centers and tell me what you see.

A friend carried his mother who has stroke to all those centers and either got turned back or nothing happened after the abracadabra.

5 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Apdecfoods(f): 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Scammers everywhere,its only the foolish ones will die for their pastors.Oledepo tipetipe.

4 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by miketayo(m): 10:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
projectorz:
Well said. Some will still have problem with this explanation. Just anything to pull the kingdom down... mtcheeeeew.

What kingdom, definitely not d kingdom of God. As a man and a father he has done nothing wrong, I would do the same in his shoes. But as a pastor, it looks like he has placed money over salvation. We are we to judge anyways

3 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Aganju849: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:
I'm back from Church, and I find myself laughing as people on nairaland are claiming that I am a PR person for Bishop Oyedepo and expect I would soon be back with a rebuttal. I wasn't intending any rebuttal before, as I am not a PR person for the living faith church. But I would do this in defense of the gospel because a non credible attack against one of Nigeria's most credible churches is unacceptable.

I think many of us generally get carried away with headlines and forget the substance of an article before rushing to comment.

I have gone through the entire article and I haven't seen anything indicting of the Oyedepo family. But I would address four observations from the article itself and from the surrounding comments.

Why Should Oyedepo Or Living Faith Avoid Taxes By Setting Up Offshore Accounts Giving The Bible Verse "Give Unto Ceasar What Is Unto Ceasar"?

1) For all the businesses the living faith church operates in Nigeria pays taxes to the Nigerian government. This includes the publishing business, and the other taxable constituent businesses around the universities which includes the microfinance banks, water and beverage factories, farms etc.

2) There are over 200 nations on earth eligible to receive taxes. So British Islands is also 'ceasar'. Every nation has the responsibility to make themselves tax attractive to welcome foreign investment and Oyedepo and his family are just as eligible as anyone else to search for better priced tax opportunities for their personal or ministry benefit.

Is Living Faith Investment Carriage A Secret?

Inside the Mantle book and under the finance section of the living faith church details to great extent the administrative procedure for the church, it is well cited that the living faith church can maintain asset management to protect the church's income. Or did you expect the church to warehouse millions of dollars with banks who would live large on the proceeds and expose the hard earned income of worshippers to inflation even before the church uses it?

Are Oyedepo's Universities The Most Expensive In Nigeria As Claimed By The Article?

We all know this to be untrue. The Living Faith university system runs one of the most pocket friendly private universities in Nigeria when comapred to secular varsities of equal standing. There's nothing unusual about the price of Living faith schools.

I suspect that the addition of this claim was just to make Oyedepo look further bad and horrible.

Does Living Faith Maintain Four Jets?

This is another claim that has been debunked several times by Leke Beecroft of Church gist and many others who cared to explain.
The living faith church has used four to five planes in the past to convey its church leadership. It regularly sells her older planes to buy new ones. Currently, the church uses more of its helicopter to shuffle the church leadership and that of the RCCG around the country. While deemphasizing on the use of the private jet.

However, the article presented it as though the living faith church maintains an active fleet of four jets on standby in a futile attempt to further make the church appear greedy and evil.

Every Pastorpreneur needs a gopher like you to wipe his anus whenever he shìts in public, like your Big Daddy D.O. has just done.

Keep up the good work, there will always be Pastor's shìt for you to clean.

6 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by foreshore(m): 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:
I'm back from Church, and I find myself laughing as people on nairaland are claiming that I am a PR person for Bishop Oyedepo and expect I would soon be back with a rebuttal. I wasn't intending any rebuttal before, as I am not a PR person for the living faith church. But I would do this in defense of the gospel because a non credible attack against one of Nigeria's most credible churches is unacceptable.

I think many of us generally get carried away with headlines and forget the substance of an article before rushing to comment.

I have gone through the entire article and I haven't seen anything indicting of the Oyedepo family. But I would address four observations from the article itself and from the surrounding comments.

Why Should Oyedepo Or Living Faith Avoid Taxes By Setting Up Offshore Accounts Giving The Bible Verse "Give Unto Ceasar What Is Unto Ceasar"?

1) For all the businesses the living faith church operates in Nigeria pays taxes to the Nigerian government. This includes the publishing business, and the other taxable constituent businesses around the universities which includes the microfinance banks, water and beverage factories, farms etc.

2) There are over 200 nations on earth eligible to receive taxes. So British Islands is also 'ceasar'. Every nation has the responsibility to make themselves tax attractive to welcome foreign investment and Oyedepo and his family are just as eligible as anyone else to search for better priced tax opportunities for their personal or ministry benefit.

Inside the Mantle book and under the finance section of the living faith church details to great extent the administrative procedure for the church, it is well cited that the living faith church can maintain asset management to protect the church's income. Or did you expect the church to warehouse millions of dollars with banks who would live large on the proceeds and expose the hard earned income of worshippers to inflation even before the church uses it?

Are Oyedepo's Universities The Most Expensive In Nigeria As Claimed By The Article?

We all know this to be untrue. The Living Faith university system runs one of the most pocket friendly private universities in Nigeria when comapred to secular varsities of equal standing. There's nothing unusual about the price of Living faith schools.

I suspect that the addition of this claim was just to make Oyedepo look further bad and horrible.

This is another claim that has been debunked several times by Leke Beecroft of Church gist and many others who cared to explain.
The living faith church has used four to five planes in the past to convey its church leadership. It regularly sells her older planes to buy new ones. Currently, the church uses more of its helicopter to shuffle the church leadership and that of the RCCG around the country. While deemphasizing on the use of the private jet.

However, the article presented it as though the living faith church maintains an active fleet of four jets on standby in a futile attempt to further make the church appear greedy and evil.

Don't waste your time and energy on them. They are Antichrist

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Sunday2021: 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:

we don't need your explanation. Keep it for God! I believe one day all the atrocities will be revealed. You can decieve church members to steal from them but one day you must pay for it in hundreds

4 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by danot1030: 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:

Oga advocate what is Oyedepo shell company in BVI into, don't you observe that it's a conduit to launder the worshippers hard earned tithes and offerings?

You are here defending Oyedepo upandan upon your regular contributions to make his family rich more and more while wallowing in poverty. Maybe if we check well now you and David junior or Isaac could be of age grade, your weekly donations has made them billionaires.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Techguy96(m): 10:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
drennie:
Pandora script, something tell me 2023 is the unheard driving force about to heard
Nigerians are not the only ones implicated in this Pandora issue, you guys were ok n happy with it untill they started exposing pastor's. This says alot about the mentality of Nigerians and why we are in this mess, you guys can not be liberated.

It's a pity.

5 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Sunday2021: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
iCauseTrouble:
These people implicated in this Pandora stuff have done nothing wrong. Spend your money the way you think it will give you the best returns and security.
no wonder we are where we are. It is madness and foolishness for a Nigerian youth to borrow #100 data from MTN in order to defend corrupt pastors and politicians who stole billions from the same youths.

5 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Techguy96(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
foreshore:

Don't waste your time and energy on them. They are Antichrist
Is oyedipo Christ?

5 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Techguy96(m): 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN
So oyedipo is the standard to Christianity?
All christians must worship oyedipo?

6 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by timefarm(m): 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:

Bloody liar.
I can't even imagine how people just lie shamelessly these days.

How many universities are more expensive than them?
I am not commenting on all your post because they will most likely filled with lies too.

If you want to defend him, atleast use the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by jeffoe(m): 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Smh

People will defend anything. He and his family are the ultimate beneficial owner of the asset and not the church. I have maintained that church should be regulated as his done in every other place. Laws applying to corporation should apply to church also. Pastors should pay income taxes like every other person, churches must publish annual financial record. member should pay Church tax which would then be channelled to the church via firs. Offerings should be criminalised

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Dpundict: 10:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
Are the accounts winners accounts or are they his family accounts? Because I believe if they were winners owned, other senior pastors would have been mentioned as directors too. I am not his advocate anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by zoedew: 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:

Thanks to you Sir for making out to address these issues.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Rebuke: 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
Xpectics:

Stop being petty. Stop white washing. Use your senses

I can see yhu that is using his sense and not being petty.

Who the heck cares about what yhu think? Get outa here please and stop mentioning me.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Joydan95: 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:

At least you have all seen that Bishop run businesses and doesn’t sit down to tackle people making money. What are you doing?
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by OgeFather(m): 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:

Bros, your write up or whatever you call this is not detailed at all, it sounds to me as if you're looking for a kind and subtle way to defend your church . First, you say he doesn't have 4jets but failed to give us details of the ones he has and how he manages them which the Pandora paper did with accuracy or are you defending what you don't know.
Secondly , if you say his uni is not the most expensive or one of the most expensive, then tell us the fees compared to other private uni in Nigeria. cool

3 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by SocialJustice: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
Highered give your life to Christ and stop doing the devil's work. You're so full of lies. Na wa.

Christianity in Nigeria is a big scam.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by monsterseed: 10:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
google is your friend.
timefarm:

Bloody liar.
I can't even imagine how people just lie shamelessly these days.

How many universities are more expensive than them?
I am not commenting on all your post because they will most likely filled with lies too.

If you want to defend him, atleast use the truth.
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by monsterseed: 10:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
oga go mk ur findings n stop asking useless question.
OgeFather:

Bros, your write up or whatever you call this is not detailed at all, it sounds to me as if you're looking for a kind and subtle way to defend your church . First, you say he doesn't have 4jets but failed to give us details of the ones he has and how he manages them which the Pandora paper did with accuracy or are you defending what you don't know.
Secondly , if you say his uni is not the most expensive or one of the most expensive, then tell us the fees compared to other private uni in Nigeria. cool
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Themandator: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
There is no substance to the story. What I believe is that somebody is catching out on the wave to get at my Bishop

The article stayed that he set up the secret system but couldn't tell the kind of business it was used or to be used for.

The whole attempt is to get his name there....

As for the aircraft nonsense ,I have had cause to ask somebody if in his wisdom it was possible for anybody in Nigeria not running an airline business to maintain four aircraft.

Cross river state government that claimed to have set up an airline business doesn't have four jets

Nothing about aircraft is sold in naira and it is not designed to stay in the ground..the more it stays the more it incurs cost so why would any sensible person maintain 4

HigherEd:

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by kennyamusan(m): 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
Primusinterpares:
What is this one saying
grin grin grin grin .... I co ask
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Thebigheart: 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
Cry me an ocean.
You mean all these NFA are saying something.
Some of you were expecting OYEDEPO will enter the street to beg.
Una go tire
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by chaloskyx: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
at least we know say na bullet go kill us fighting for what we believe as a people but you na your spiritual mumu dey impoverish una dont worry sky daddy would pray for you and one Nigeria to be better after he finishes amassing all you tithes and offerings bunch of mindless sheeps
Trumann:

Most of Oyedepo's critics are Yorubas, but you mud dwellers won't know that since you're preparing to kill yourselves tomorrow, Monday.

Happy Monday killing to all Igbos tomorrow.
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by TheMan3: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
HigherEd:

Bishop Oyedepo. Please add the title to the name. Good writeup though
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by chaloskyx: 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
PAPA RIDE ON JARE DONT MIND THESE REPORTERS MAKE SURE SKY DADDY SENDS THUNDER TO WHO SO EVER WROTE THIS REPORT UNLESS HIM POWER NO REACH? IF NOT HIM SUPPOSE DIE NAA FOR PUBLISHING SUCH A DAMING REPORT ON GODS SERVANT. LIKE THE BIBLE SAID TOUCH NOT MY ANOITED OR DO MY PROPHET NO HARM AND THIS AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED IS HIM HARMING YOU AND YOUR MINISTRY, HE MUST BE AN AGENT OF DARKNESS. BUT GUESS WHAT YOUR PRAYERS OR CURSES NO GO REACH THIS ONE CAUSE HES NOT AS STUPID AND FEARFUL AS YOUR CONGREGATION. AM WAITING FOR YOUR NEXT SUNDAY SERMON WHERE YOU WOULD AS USUAL USE THE SCRIPTURES TO RUBBISH THE REPORT. BUT LET YE THAT HAVE EARS KNOW THAT RELIGION IS A SCAM IN NIGERIA POLITICS AND RELIGION ARE THE 2 THINGS THAT HAS MADE NIGERIA THE MESS IT CURRENTLY IS

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by cardoctor(m): 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
And millions of people are starving to death in Africa while billions of dollars are stashed away in private off shore banks to be spent in hell.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by desiredhome: 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kay25:

how many politicans have u seen with oyedepo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Pastor Tolu-Bolaji Dan's Music Studio / Visions Of EARTHQUAKE Coming To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.