Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre (12940 Views)

With Dangote Refinery, Diesel Prices Will Fall Below ₦‎1,000 By May — Rewane / Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre / Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Baawaa(m): 8:09am On Oct 11, 2021
It is high time for me to check out of this country
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 11, 2021
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by archymacho(m): 8:09am On Oct 11, 2021
Obviously this government can’t run the economy northwards.

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by BigYash: 8:10am On Oct 11, 2021
YurFatHer:
President Buhari should just do and get out, abeg. By next year, it'll be 1000 per liter
Go where? Make he stay o.. Zoobies must get sense by force,most especially that Ratgrillz

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Bbqekpa: 8:10am On Oct 11, 2021
Crowwejihadist:
Las las Buhari go finish us for this country.

Imagine what BMC Zombies will be doing now grin minus 350 from your 30k salary, probably you will have nothing left.

Are the bastards not going to market? One begins to wonder

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by HornyTave: 8:11am On Oct 11, 2021
Omon
Suffer pro max loading.
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Alayaki1(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2021
Ritualist go plenty....una go hear am
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by nikz(f): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2021
It is well it is well with the soul of Nigerians with the soul of Nigerians it is well it is well with our souls. Oh Lord we need your help to see us through 2022 plssssss
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by EgunMogaji2: 8:11am On Oct 11, 2021
ijustdey:

• More hurdles for consumers as LPG, electricity prices soar

• Stakeholders fear increase in poverty, food items, FX scarcity, job losses

• Continuing petrol subsidy is postponing the evil day, experts warn

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/energy-crisis-set-to-push-petrol-diesel-prices-above-n350-litre/

No problem with me.

1) This low fuel bullsheet has enabled all sorts of non roadworthy contraptions to litter the roads.

2) Should result in less traffic as carpooling and pubic transportation will increase.

The one issue I have is that the funds be well managed, not looted and directly used for related infrastructure.

Please don’t quote me as I’m on my period grin

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by dimmyj(m): 8:12am On Oct 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by JoeEeL(m): 8:14am On Oct 11, 2021
GOD THANK U.

MAY IT SOAR MORE AND MORE.

WE "ONE NIGERIANS" DESERVE NOTHING MORE THAN SEVERE CONTINOUS PUNISHMENT FOR OUR INABILITY TO REASON LIKE HUMAN BEINGS.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

No problem with me.

1) This low fuel bullsheet has enabled all sorts of non roadworthy contraptions to litter the roads.

2) Should result in less traffic as carpooling and pubic transportation will increase.

The one issue I have is that the funds be well managed, not looted and directly used for related infrastructure.

Please don’t quote me as I’m on my period grin

You made sense.

Also it means that we get more people investing in refineries since the price control inherent in subsidies is now gone.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Basically low oil prices has made subsidising fuel difficult

Subsides on fuel also meana that refining fuel in Nigeria is not profitable

Removing subsidy would relieve pressure on the naira and bring in some savings and ebd the scams in the subsidy business.

We would also see an end to fuel smuggling

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by JoeEeL(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
chidonweb:
If that happens, the cost of products and services will skyrocket which will lead to hyper inflation.

We must get it right in 2023.

May God almighty help us in this country

Keep waiting and dreaming of 2023. What do you want to get right with people like Fulanis and Hausas having a divergent way of thinking? People that openly support Boko Haram, support suppression of non-muslims and were anti-EndSARS?

The problem with people like you is that you don't know how to use your brains to draw inference.

Keep jonesing. grin

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by codedguy1(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2021
Sharatan:
Can someone please explain to me in simple terms what is going on in this country? What is happening?

Explanation: BUBU happened!
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by HackopensClose: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by chidonweb(m): 8:25am On Oct 11, 2021
JoeEeL:

Keep waiting and dreaming of 2023. What do you want to get right with people like Fulanis and Hausas having a divergent way of thinking? People that openly support Boko Haram, support suppression of non-muslims and were anti-EndSARS?

The problem with people like you is that you don't know how to use your brains to draw inference.

Keep jonesing. grin

You are an idiot.
You should read and understand before saying trash. You must really be dullard
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2021
anorexicmuster:
We have no choice

The more we spend on subsidising fuel, the more we prevent the investment in more refinereis plus we put new refineries like Dangote refinery at risk of failing by forcing them to operate at a loss a la subsidy

If we had removed this thing in 2012 by now the worst would have been over

I thought Buhari said there’s nothing like subsidy?

Nigeria can no longer afford subsidy. It has to go.

P.S. Any objectors to this post should read about subsides and why they damage economies.
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Freebirs(f): 8:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Me dor buy horse down. Xo no worries
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2021
Watch as ignorant nigerians will think Buhari caused the global oil crisis
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Mvena(f): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2021
E be like na horse or carmel we go dey use as transportation
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by CocoaOla: 8:29am On Oct 11, 2021
It planned work Poverty is the tools of A P C Association of Political Criminals
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Kayyus09(m): 8:30am On Oct 11, 2021
Good day.

Please, I am so much in need of employment.

I was badly affected by covid and have been struggling to get back on.

Please, if you have any vacant position at your place of work or link with someone who can get me fixed, I will so much appreciate you.

I have basic knowledge in:

- Microsoft Word (50wpm typing speed)
- Spreadsheet
- PowerPoint
- Internet Access
- Photoshop
- CorelDraw
- WordPress etc.

I am based in Ibadan (Available to relocate)

I have HND in Business Administration

May God reward you beyond measure.

Thank you.
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Keemsleek005(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2021
anorexicmuster:
We have no choice

The more we spend on subsidising fuel, the more we prevent the investment in more refinereis plus we put new refineries like Dangote refinery at risk of failing by forcing them to operate at a loss a la subsidy

P.S. Any objectors to this post should read about subsides and why they damage economies.

This is a the bitter truth, the earlier we build or repair our refineries the better for nigeria. We need more refinery in nigeria that's the only solution.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by JoeEeL(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2021
chidonweb:

You are an idiot.
You should read and understand before saying trash. You must really be dullard

Haha mumu, try wait till 2027 nah. Weyrey omo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by SheriffDTrader(m): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2021
Dem MANNA, your darling daddy is doing well!

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2021
Adeoba10:
These people get mission....
They want to use poverty as a way to subjugate the people, same way as they've done in the North. That's the reason they always come up with policies to make people suffer. Only someone with a full stomach will demand for better living standards, a poor man will take the crumbs thrown at him

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Boogyman557: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool AM GONNA TELL YAH ALL, SAVE MONEY N LEAVE D FVCKED UP COUNTRY. SAME REASON I ONLY INVEST IN MY KUSH. SAME REASON I HIGH ON MY KUSH 24sc.. WTF MAN
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by fineboynl(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2021

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by zikter(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2021
anorexicmuster:
We have no choice

You are right, I support subsidy removal too. The only issue again is the massive corruption, I will be surprised if the monies gain from subsidy removal will be used properly. It is mostly going to end up in private individuals pocket. But in any case, let them remove it, after all we are already suffering without the removal

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by Sonn(m): 8:46am On Oct 11, 2021
We must get it right in 2023.

My brother, that's if our votes counts.
Re: Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre by TheAlchemist: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2021
Better late than never... we should stop postponing the evil days... Totally deregulation or nothing... we should end once and for all this oil subsidy scam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Not Aware Of Any Court Judgement On Section 84(12) - NASS / PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion / The Top 10 Funniest Nigerian Political Cartoons Of 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.