Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl (7323 Views)

Poll: Play and stay or confront and quit?

Act the fool and get the green card: 41% (24 votes)
Rub it in his face and move on.: 58% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Can You Marry This Type Of Lady ( Photo ) / My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by sagacious(f): 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ poster,
     It's painful when you think somebody is painting your life with the brightest  colour of love , they pretend they care but they've nothing to offfer ,but are highly intrested in there selfish interest ,  but you are commited and give all it takes to love.
    There is nothing new beneath the sky , keep it all to yourself , don't allow any rat to smell and never do as if you know anything ,deny yourself of allowing the power of love waxing stronger in you to avoid heart break ,you've to  prepare your mind for it. Do things to make  him find the relationship more intresting for him , but caution your own emotion and make him do those he promised he will do.
     Then dance  to the tone of his piano  and if he needs you ,he will stay and if he doesn't let him go , your destiny is not in his hands.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by obyann(f): 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2007
You have to be very careful in dealing with this issue. Honestly most men are trickish. I can not conclude whether he really wants to marry you or the other girl. I would suggest you confront him.

Like olababe said, he might fooling the other girl and not you.

secondly, Since he has introduced you to his mother, have you been visiting his mum? Did you notice any changes from his mum?

I still suggest you hear from the guy. Be bold enough to ask him. By now you should know when he is telling you the truth and when he is not. If you are convinced he is fooling you, end the relationship and move on. It is not the end of the world ok.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by Soundmind(m): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2007
Fly,
Carefully play along with her. Get all you want to get from him. There is a level of committment he will make in you, he will not be able to go back. If you confront him now, he will accuse of infidelity and all worth not. If he demand for sex, give it to him whole heartedly. You can even be the one to ask for it, but u know what u have in mind and where u are going.
If u have gotten most of what u want, if he calls it a quit, you will not loose.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2007
Thank you all.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by babadee(m): 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2007
@poster,
use your head!
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by ebos(m): 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2007
You can get what you want from him only if he loves you. I believe what you should be doing now is to be visiting the guy's parents as often as you can. I'm telling you, once you root urself in the hearts of his parents and brothers and sisters, you are in a better position than the other girl. You will not be in the position to fight again, his own people will fight for you. I could remember years back when my brother brought a certain girl and introduced her to us as a wife to be, but as things went on, he saw another girl and was trying to marry this new girl. So, the former girl who is now his wife used to visit my mum, helping her in some domestic works, filling my packet with some cash and I declared my support for her. The day the new girl came with my brother, my mother was at home discussing with some women who came to see her, and this new girl greeted them. These women who had already knew the former girl pretended as if they didn't hear the greeting of this new girl charged against her. Can't you greet? Who are you by the way? But I greeted, said the girl. when did you greet us now? You mean we don't have ears again? Look let today be the last you will come here, our son has somebody he wants to marry etc. That's settle everything. They were looking for any opportunity to state their position, and they did just that. So, make his people your own people. With their people on your side, the guy can't go against you. That's the secret.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by Kubed2klin(m): 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2007
ebos:

You can get what you want from him only if he loves you. I believe what you should be doing now is to be visiting the guy's parents as often as you can. I'm telling you, once you root yourself in the hearts of his parents and brothers and sisters, you are in a better position than the other girl. You will not be in the position to fight again, his own people will fight for you. I could remember years back when my brother brought a certain girl and introduced her to us as a wife to be, but as things went on, he saw another girl and was trying to marry this new girl. So, the former girl who is now his wife used to visit my mum, helping her in some domestic works, filling my packet with some cash and I declared my support for her. The day the new girl came with my brother, my mother was at home discussing with some women who came to see her, and this new girl greeted them. These women who had already knew the former girl pretended as if they didn't hear the greeting of this new girl charged against her. Can't you greet? Who are you by the way? But I greeted, said the girl. when did you greet us now? You mean we don't have ears again? Look let today be the last you will come here, our son has somebody he wants to marry etc. That's settle everything. They were looking for any opportunity to state their position, and they did just that. So, make his people your own people. With their people on your side, the guy can't go against you. That's the secret.

Abeg what are you saying? This can't be applied for everyone.
FlyLyde:

We would like to make it clear at this juncture that FLY only happens to be the friend through whose email the trick message was sent and whose profile is been used by the original poster whom though is a Nairaland user would like to keep her identity private. You would do well to not crucify FLY asking questions like 'why are you talking about marriage at eighteen' of which I don't even consider an 18 yr old too young to know what they really want in life. Thank you all. We believe that we will no longer see replies questioning the age of the poster who is old enough to do what YOU do!

What I'd advice you to do, is to take your cool. I tell you, if this guy is really in love you, he'd come for you. If not, tarry and enjoy yourself, discovering yourself. While he flirts, you might even get to know that afterall, you twop weren't made for each other.

I happen to fall in to suc categories. My date left for school, but before she left, we had a beef. This continued for more than six months. Although I tarried, she didn't even care. Then a txt message came one day, that she misses me. It fell on dumb ears and she got angry.

Suddenly, fireballs started travelling either ways and at the end, we had to reslove that we weren't made for each other. I just couldn't go out with a girl with such pride and lack of attitude.

Mine is a different story, but you can still draw experience from any story.

Just take your time to think and make decisive decisions.

Know that you must know first, then you like then you love. have you gone through this process? reflect
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by tpia: 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2007
ebos:

You can get what you want from him only if he loves you. I believe what you should be doing now is to be visiting the guy's parents as often as you can. I'm telling you, once you root yourself in the hearts of his parents and brothers and sisters, you are in a better position than the other girl. You will not be in the position to fight again, his own people will fight for you. I could remember years back when my brother brought a certain girl and introduced her to us as a wife to be, but as things went on, he saw another girl and was trying to marry this new girl. So, the former girl who is now his wife used to visit my mum, helping her in some domestic works, filling my packet with some cash and I declared my support for her. The day the new girl came with my brother, my mother was at home discussing with some women who came to see her, and this new girl greeted them. These women who had already knew the former girl pretended as if they didn't hear the greeting of this new girl charged against her. Can't you greet? Who are you by the way? But I greeted, said the girl. when did you greet us now? You mean we don't have ears again? Look let today be the last you will come here, our son has somebody he wants to marry etc. That's settle everything. They were looking for any opportunity to state their position, and they did just that. So, make his people your own people. With their people on your side, the guy can't go against you. That's the secret.

this may or may not work. There have also been instances where the girlfriend was loved by the family- she cooked, cleaned, visited, stayed weekends ( even when the boyfriend wasnt home), went the whole hog. The mother pushed the girl's case, but the guy still married someone else anyway. A guy will marry who his heart desires, in most instances. It depends on the person.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by katherinae(f): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2007
i have to disagree with seun

play along, but of course if someone comes along who is better dump him quick. Play along and by God's grace if u make it to the US, and get ur green card and or work permit, let him go quick quick. at 18 u should start thinking about ur future adn if it means coming to the US, and establishing ur self then do it. what he is doing is very wrong. and no one will look down on u for what u did, once htey know hte whole story
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2007
Better let him continue the plans for you to travel then upon getting there let him know that you know about his games then leave

The fact that he would ask to meet your family gave you false hopes which is malicious.

Btw people, not everyone is telling the truth about their ages on Nairaland.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by SweetT1: 10:55pm On Jul 24, 2007
@TOH
You and your big grammar sef ! I tire o sweetheart !
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by sima(f): 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2007
MAYBE HE LOST INTREST IN YOU OR YOU DID SOMETHING HE DIDNT LIKE

sad undecided cry embarassed smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by IjebuBoi(m): 7:42am On Jul 25, 2007
move on and forget the guy. He's obviously enjoying the ride.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 25, 2007
Your dignity should be your elite priority, and i say end this "relationship" you have with this guy.

DO NOT continue with the games. If it's just the US thing you have in mind, let me tell you this: The US is extremely overated. Its not just about getting there, a lot of things come into play that determine how your stay in the US ends up looking like. You might even end up being more miserable in the US compared to the happy life you had back home. And please, don't think I'm just some ignorant person who doesn't know what he's talking about, I'v seen a lot of situations to back this statement up.

Like a previous poster in this thread said: If it's God's will that you get to the US, you will. And when that time comes, the process will be so slick that you wouldn't even know when you've reached the place. You definitely wouldn't have to go through some lowlife who makes you compromise your own self-worth.

With all that said, staying with him is not the way. End it as soon as you can.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by zenom: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2007
Leave him and don't let the idea of green card and schooling in the US fool you.

Dont bother playing games, life is too short for pranks, move on your still very young, why are you bent on marrying now?

Besides if you check well you'll find out that he has probably been with the other girl for years, like he says you are a crush. The other girl has probably been through thick and think with him, maybe thats why she say she will always be faithful.

Believe it girl your a sidekick to him.
Time to gather yourself and move on.
Try having some fun and get the idea of marriage out of your system for now.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by theeds: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2007
girl, lets be frank wit u. i know u've read so many replies but first and foremost hav u asked urself wat u really want
1. in a relatioship
2.ur spouse
3.in life.
this will help you make up u mind . these are questions that only you can sincerely answer.
well from wat i read i feel u are still too young for such commitment,then ur emphasy on travelling and schooling abroad gets me to doubt even ur own intention towards him. are u sure that if he provides u with all these and u r in the states u no go tire for am.see my girl, na two way thing. make up ur mind on wat u want now and wat ur desires are.if na the opportunity of travelin, then play the fool but if na true love then open ur mouth to talk so that if its not gonna work out between the two of u, u can get wounded now while the cut no go deep so as to heal.
but all thesame, games no dey pay because if hes also playing games wit u i wonder who go win and who go lose. i dont want u too lose oh because the truth is that it is easier for the chick too lose especially if him dey straff you. abi wetin remain again after that. DIGNITY YA TE PI KE NAN.
P:S in all things shine ur eyes. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by lake1(f): 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2007
crycrycrycry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry oh no crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by bimbliss(f): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2007
first and foremost i will also like to know at wat age u are going thru all this.
secondly make sure u dont let him get u as u are getting tru with his lies or else he will also look foe a gam plan to nail u and u will fall for him over again
thirdly if things like infidelity is arising and u guys are not in the country together then pls dump him. dont make urself cheap a better and responsible guy will always come ur and also pls try to make a life worth living without a guy building it for u.
so many women that are from poor backgrounds have made it real big so make out or work out good life for urself in this country
stop believing u cant make anytin good for urself in this country
if u cant make it in nigeria trust u cant make it over there too
have self dignity and let men respect you
leave him b4 he leaves u
be the pro of the game
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by lepacious: 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2007
If u really thinK about it, it is the American Visa u are in love with and not the Guy. That is the problem with Nigerian girls they hear a guy is from abroad and they just fall for him not knowing that there are richer, better guys in Nigeria even if not rich, they have potentials nobody knows the future u know.

Get totally rid of the guy and pretend he has EVER ever existed and pray to GOd. U have a very bright future America or no AMERICA.

CHEERS
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by adebisi1(m): 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2007
Hey girl,

Try as much as you can to make sure the guy take you to the US of A and Finger his left eye after getting to the state u hear me?
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by Godsgirl(f): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2007
My dear, I am sorry about your ordeal. My advice to you is to 'seek the Lord' on the issue. I'm sure that most people here really do care about your situation and some have even gone as far as to imagine they were in your shoes; this is why they are so eager to help by giving you the best advice they have. I hope you appreciate that. Nevertheless, you alone will have to take the big step. Seek the Lord and He alone can fill you with peace regarding the decision you ought to make. I pray only the best for you- The Lord's "intended" mate for you. Not all break ups are bad. Some are for your good. Although it may hurt now, one day, you will look back and laugh at all this. I pray that day comes soon enough.

Apape!
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by Sonye(f): 6:13pm On Jul 25, 2007
Hi Fly,
I understand your predicament. But one thing i need you to understand is that there is more to life than a green card. I understand that everyone just one to live the American dream but you never can tell what is in future for you. A better thing might just be waiting for you in future that you will look back at today and thank God. Like seun said, there are traffickers out there.Do not trust anyone.
I love America so much that wish i were a citizen. But my girl, your pride as a woman shouldn't be toyed with OK
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by kulzoid4u(m): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2007
SEUN SORRY ABOUT UR PRESENT CONDITION WITH YOUR SO-CALLED MAN,WELL I HAVE AFEW ADVICE TO LEND YOU,IF YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE PLAY ALONG LET HIM FINISH HELPING YOU ATLEAST THAT WILL GET YOU SOMEWHERE WHEN HE FINALY DUMPS, YOU SORRY ABOUT MY LANGUAGE,BUT THATS THE TRUTH BABY GURL,SINCE HE WANTS TO PLAY WITH UR HEART LET HIM KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE NIGER GIRL.
SAMUEL.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by temmyabby(f): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2007
all 4 green card? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by anabell(f): 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2007
@poster, play along until u get what u want.men cheat all the time i geuss he still loves u, maybe he wants to play around with the other lady and my dear he will tell her anytin to keep gettin into her pant that does not mean he loves u less.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by StephenP(m): 1:28am On Jul 26, 2007
I think all he's trying to say is in milder terms 'you is the fall-back-chick' or in stronger terms 'you is a sideline ho'. You should take the hint and leave him, so long to all your pain and heartache. He's may be the first but he ain't gon' be the last man in your life. You've still got a whole life to live.

cool
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by jkpretty(f): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2007
I can bet the girl is getting more confused. Nairaland is fast becoming a confusion centre although i pray not.

confront the guy, tell him what u know, save urself ur pride & dignity. who knows it might result to what u want but even if it dosn't, ur heart will always be justified and his would be questioning.

Go girl
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by luckia(m): 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2007
Guys like that would like to take something or ideas of such to entice the interested, but two things here you brought out , one: THE LOVE FOR THE GUY and two: THE TRAVEL TO US.

listen, many will take this as an opportunity and it wil work out well for them, but to some reverse might turn out to be the case, but all the same,

for me i won't play long with him on that level , reason that his promise might not really be purely genuine, because he's being practical doing it,
My advice to you is to one: pray so you don't make a costly mistake and two: think about your believe but if you've got something at hand, use it .

the old say,"what your hands can do can never decieve you"

for me that's it
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by blackninja(m): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2007
People,

I guess i was a little dissapointed at some of the responses i read up till i saw Seun's response on this topic. I wonder why people think she can fake loving him asnd just tag along with the plan all in the name of getting a GREEN CARD.

Young lady, if you love your life you will flee now that you still have the time. Like Seun adviced, it doesn't have to be loud and rowdy - you can break up with him amicably and move on with your life.

My only worry is that you sound like you have given the GREEN CARD gist a thought and now you are caught in a web of indecision. In summary, its purely your call - the decision is yours to make.

Kind regards
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by Esoterik(f): 6:58am On Jul 27, 2007
my dear, i hope you dont think i am being insensitive, but you are fortunate to have discovered this BEFORE you married him.

This is not as much of a catastrophe as you think, but a Godsend!! I have an Indian acquaintance whose husband has slept with, and fallen in love with someone else. This girl gave up her life in the UK for this guy to return to India, only for him to cheat on her.

i understand you had a lot of hopes and dreams resting on this guy and your new life in the US, but imagine life with someone who will not remain faithful to you. You should pity the poor unsuspecting girl that he ends up with!! YOu might not realise that now (because the sores are still fresh) but eventually you will realise, understand and breathe a sigh of relief.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by cyl(f): 9:40am On Jul 27, 2007
We can give all the advice we deem fit but its up to you to make a decision, If you really are 18,then chances are that you're the one being played.I suggest you wait for him to come back, show him all the evidences you have been able to gather and see his reaction.
As for playing along,i totally disagree,theres no telling what will happen if you do.Just remain positive,whats yours will come to you.
God bless you.
Re: My Boyfriend Apparently Wants To Marry This Other Girl by netlord(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2007
GUY,U PPLE ASTONISHED ME,HOW CAN U GUYS TELL HER TO PLAY ALONE WITH A GUY LIKE THAT,WHY NOT TELL HER TO DO THE RIGHT TIN THAT ENDIN IT NOW B4 ITS TO LATE ,THERE IS REALLY NO NEED 4 HER 2 DO THAT OK,SO PLZZZZZZZZZZ,THE GUY MIGHT WANT 2 GET BACK @ HER WEH SHE GETS THERE OK,SO HONEY U CAN MAKE EVEN WITHOUT THAT GUY U WILL STILL TRAVEL IF U REALLY WAN 2

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dating A Nigerian Man But Having Doubts About Him...Any advice? / Remember That Guy From “the God’s Must Be Crazy?” / My Girlfriend's Ex-Boyfriend Bought Her A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.