Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,034 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. (12305 Views)

Did You Receive This Message From Nigerian Youth Investment Fund? / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Historicalee: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
Unemployment rate in Nigeria rose from 27.1 percent to 33.3 percent from December to March 2021 and it is projected to increase further in 2022, according to the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS.

Source: Google

You are unemployed and it seems like life is literally pressing you down.

You must have heard "Get a skill" a million times, while this truly holds water, it is not as easy as it is said.

Let's fix you to get a job in 30 days.

Here are some ways to get employed especially if you are a solo ranger like me.

If you have a skill or talent, use it. Collaborate with others and develop something.

Network aggressively, there is always someone out there who needs your service.

Know how to pitch, i.e if you are a video editor, approach YouTubers and offer your service.

Market your business or skill.

About marketing your self and your talent, You know what Steuart Henderson Britt, an American professor of marketing said, He said and i quote:
"Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark, you know what you are doing, but nobody else does"

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Crossroad1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
Some skills needs financing to thrive..
When I see what some people go through daily especially in this country, it breaks my heart..
We just need to keep helping as many people as we can cos the depression in Nigeria is real and trust me, he dey choke people life commot..
For those gojng through hard times, i pray God meet you at the point of your need

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by atheistandproud(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hmm....

I get YouTube channel.

No clickbait, copy paste or sensationalism.

Just smartphones, gaming and photography explained in a simple and straightforward manner.

Check it out biko.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by wunmi590(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021

If you have all the best skill in the whole world and you downplay the work of God, my brother you will be forever jobless...

16 Likes

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Sonnobax15(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
lipsrsealed

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by crazyABO(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lemme chill and just read
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by lonelydora: 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
The most foolish thing FG did was banning cryptocurrency and Twitter.

Many "jobless" people were making some cool legal cash from them.

Buhari (I voted for him in 2015) who promised to lift many Nigerians out of poverty ended up throwing more people into poverty.

For those that can, please learn a skill or do whatever you think that can fetch you money legally. You have all heard of the Minna female undergraduate tyre recycler?

For those that do not have job at the moment, God is your strength., your story will soon change in Yeshua Hamashiach name!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by taiwofawole: 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
No doubt , Freelancers earn more than most bankers , lecturers and even doctors .. They just sit at the comfort of their homes and earn as much as they can (freelancers have no earning limit grin smiley ) but the question is do you have a sought after skill like web development , graphics and animation , blogging and content creation and a lot more ? I have friends that makes over $$$$$ from fiverr! One of them
sometimes spill jobs over to me when he can’t handle them (lol) . I use to be on fiverr in 2015 but I stop due to my busy schedule . Now the question is , we are in the 21st century , why not take your time and learn a digital skill ? . Your certificate can fail you but a digital skill can never (at least not in this century)
You think that your certificate (HND , OND , BSc ,e.t.c) can sustain you , my dear we have over 100000+ people with the same certificate you are holding still looking for jobs . Incase you don’t know the world is digital . Thousands of people are making money from freelancing .
My name is Kennie Fawole , CEO of Kennietech , one of the most notable web developer & business strategist on nairaland , my thread speaks volume of me , check them out

✅Here is one of my popular thread on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/6786474/cost-creating-blog-nigeria-how

✅Also below is thread where people I have worked with have shared testimony about me
https://www.nairaland.com/6775085/thread-meant-client-reviews-testimonials

I will gladly like to train & mentor 15 people (for 3 months) who are willingly to go into digital sphere . I’m majorly into
1) Web development (Wordpress and other CMS)
2) Blogging and content creation (Adsense)
3) Social Media Marketting & optimization

Note that I will be showing proof of how I have earned $$$$ doing all these grin

Enroll for my mentorship & training program today for as low as #10.000 - 30,000 . Don’t say I didn’t tell you
Just 15 people !!!
(Limited offer)
Reach out to me via the contact on my signature

4 Likes

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Abalado(f): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Infact,it's not easy,,,but with the help of God,am surviving sha

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Happiboispot(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
embarassed Am seriously searching for job right now and none is working out
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by longetivity(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nice information

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by cruzydal(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
by the time bubu is done with nigeria eh , na only cows go fit survive or humans eat grass
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by hakym619(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
True . smiley

Check my signature too. Don't underestimate it.
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by topoftheworld(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
May God help ooo..
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by 2Ways(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nice
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by ogawisdom(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Sunflower14: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by bigdammyj: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Iamicekid(m): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
E easy for mouth and paper now, enter job market then u go know what’s up
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by wunmi590(m): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

King of toad meme cheesy
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by GREATESTPIANIST: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
longetivity:
Nice information
yes it really is, being a Nigerian has taught us to be tough skinned, we never give up, we keep moving

1 Like

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by SSIPON(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Historicalee:

About marketing your self and your talent, You know what Steuart Henderson Britt, an American professor of marketing said, He said and i quote:
"Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark, you know what you are doing, but nobody else does"

Where we fit see the money for marketing gbo?
[img] www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/-t_a9ae7f843f44d8f2ad66fbfc2885ff64e7141e83-/attachments/14367481_screenshot202108261505251_jpeg4cfd2e78f925bc033c8afef74356211c?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/-t_a9ae7f843f44d8f2ad66fbfc2885ff64e7141e83-/attachments/14367481_screenshot202108261505251_jpeg4cfd2e78f925bc033c8afef74356211c?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfrXmalKlInza5gZ [/img]
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Hallabee1(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aje...

is okay...
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by Sonnobax15(m): 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
wunmi590:

King of toad meme cheesy
my gee

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by wink2015(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Historicalee:

Unemployment rate in Nigeria rose from 27.1 percent to 33.3 percent from December to March 2021 and it is projected to increase further in 2022, according to the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS.

Source: Google

You are unemployed and it seems like life is literally pressing you down.

You must have heard "Get a skill" a million times, while this truly holds water, it is not as easy as it is said.

Let's fix you to get a job in 30 days.

Here are some ways to get employed especially if you are a solo ranger like me.

If you have a skill or talent, use it. Collaborate with others and develop something.

Network aggressively, there is always someone out there who needs your service.

Know how to pitch, i.e if you are a video editor, approach YouTubers and offer your service.

I THINK AGRICULTURE will help Nigerian youth.

But the challenge might be getting a land and tractors and hiring labour to plant, clear grasses.

Apart from CROP AGRICULTURE, one can also go the way of a poultry farm to raise chicken, market eggs from the poultry, rear goat, ram, pigs ( piggery ) rear rabbits etc.

Those land that fulani herdsmen are intimidating southern governors over could be better put to use by the youth in the southern part of Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by preciousMI1(f): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
I stay in rivers state, umuebule axis, oyigbo! I need a job please! I'm tired of this ₦20k teaching and at the end of the month I'll get owed! Please help me nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Moreeeee.........

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by DAVIDMOE(m): 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Getting a skill is very very important. Marketing the skill is another thing that will determine if you will make anything out of the skills you have acquired.

We all have a facebook account or twitter account. That space is always the best place to start from. Just be posting your samples, and the services you can offer everyday by 7am. Sometimes, you Can go and copy some good write-ups that are related to your skill. Post it on your facebook wall and give credit to the original owner.

Once in a while, you can use ₦500 or ₦1,000 to run facebook advert.

With time you will start seeing results.

6 Likes

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by CondemnBattery(f): 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Good afternoon
You have been shortlisted based on a Recommendation for a Business associate INTERVIEW with DD SUNLOLA COMPANY
Office Address;1st floor Xpress house Beside Ostra Hall &Hotel Jobi fele way. Alausa ikeja.
Date: Wed 13/10
Time: 9am
HR boluwatife 09017770649

This is a message one idiot sent me today.
I just replied
Is that how you send every contact you come across online to come for interviews?

But truth be told, most people just chose to be jobless. I remember a time past when I just started my business and things where really messy, I was following my pastor then who was doing POP and all those bricklaying stuffs to serve him cement and get paid at the end of the day even with my certificate under my bed

these days i go to Ibeju Lekki, even with the level of jobs there, some people are still lazy shouting baba-agba, waiting for someone to give them 500.

majority of the problem is that people want to make it over night.
If you say the pay is poor i will agree, but most people are not willing to work

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by GreaterFuture(m): 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Crack your Brain...
You will crack and crack and crack your Brain
Then you wait for some Luck and God's Favour
That's the Self-employed, business life in Lagos
Re: Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark, you know what you are doing, but nobody else does"
END OF THREAD!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainees 2013 (apply) / Npower Payment Status Failed / Ministry Of Interior Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.