Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:30 PM

Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? (12093 Views)

New Class Room Blocks Complete In Anambra State(photos) / Always Dream Where Am In The Class Room / (hilarious) A 5 Yrs Old Boy Seen Teaching Unizik Students In The Class Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Noblewealth(m): 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
When a class population is more than 15 then they should make it a arm so it will be easy for the teachers to teach effectively and also the students to assiminate well..

I don't belive in over populated class cos it renders a good teacher ineffectual..

1 Like

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by 2braithe: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
xeratech:
As the best web developer from Nigeria I would say class ( PHP OOP class ) does matter wink

Seems you just started learning PHP so you deemed it fit to show off?

How does this concern the subject matter?
Programmers are usually intelligent but you're an excuse for one.

1 Like

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by ObalaEmma: 11:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
A class of 16 student is giving me problems talk more of 25 or 50. If they are more than 25 shift to competitive mode. Ask questions and demand for answers regularly unless they might be 50 but only 3 might be following along.
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by fujirice: 7:04am On Oct 13, 2021
chii8:
Lolzzz....scanty population is not healthy too
Please elaborate.
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by fujirice: 7:06am On Oct 13, 2021
2braithe:

Seems you just started learning PHP so you deemed it fit to show off?

How does this concern the subject matter?
Programmers are usually intelligent but you're an excuse for one.
grin grin grin
You got no chills mehn!
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by fujirice: 7:11am On Oct 13, 2021
jumper524:
Fewer students is healthy for the students and less competitive. The lesser the better
But competitiveness is quite less.
For primary, average of 25 to 30 is OK for learning.
Junior secondary. 30 to 40 while senior secondary should be 40 to 50.
That's both healthy for learning and good for competition..
Are you kidding me? 40 to 50 in a class healthy in a Secondary school? For who?
Any class that is more than 20 is not healthy for teaching and learning experience.
30 is already way too much not to talk of 40, Jeeez!
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by fujirice: 7:19am On Oct 13, 2021
Aforxzy:
In as much as i don't like a crowded classroom because the teacher will not know each child's ability and no direct relationship but a class less than 12 is also is too small cos there might not be enough competition amongst the pulpil.

For me the classroom should be big enough to accommodate the pulpils and small enough for the teacher to know each child.
What is it with huge numbers and competition you guys have been talking about?
I have once taught a class of 4 girls and the competition in that class was stiff. As a teacher you just have to have the right tools and motivation to stair up the competition. You mustn’t have a battalion of students for there to be competition.
Just give me two students sef and I will make them compete the hell out of each other.
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by fujirice: 7:24am On Oct 13, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Doesn't matter sometimes, you can have four students and they remain dull. You can also have 100 students and over half gets what you are disseminating. Private school systems are overrated
Any teacher that has 4 students and they remain dull should as a matter of urgency change career.

1 Like

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by vickydevoka(m): 7:43am On Oct 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

50 students in a classroom shocked
That's hugeeee
U never go FGC or any federal university. Omo na 60,70 we dey de

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by vickydevoka(m): 7:50am On Oct 13, 2021
chii8:
Lolzzz....scanty population is not healthy too
Exactly. No competition. If I should find out my kid is very good, I will change him to unity school to go and compete. That's how my friends dad did Dem, n it helped Dem.

1 Like

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by vickydevoka(m): 7:52am On Oct 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

Pupils nko
For kids is huge. Na university n senior secondary suppose see get that population

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by DAMN99: 10:19am On Oct 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

Pupils nko
Depend on the size of the class. If they aren't choked up, then 50 pupils in a class is okay
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by chii8(f): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2021
fujirice:

Please elaborate.

There's no healthy academic competition whatsoever.Your children especially the once in secondary school needs to go to a school where they will properly mix with people from different walks of life,it will help to toughen a child positively in academics and more.......

1 Like

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by maureensylvia(f): 6:39am On Oct 21, 2021
DAMN99:

Depend on the size of the class. If they aren't choked up, then 50 pupils in a class is okay

With at least three teachers I guess
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by DAMN99: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
maureensylvia:

With at least three teachers I guess
Lmao no, the school I finished from we're 100 in a class , and each subjects with it own teacher plus form master. You see how easy that was?

1 Like

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by The5DME(m): 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
Kenny4lyfe:

Of course it does. Low population means the teacher
won't have much problem adopting learning strategies that'll be of benefit to the pupils. It's overpopulated classrooms I find really challenging.
hello bro. I stumbled upon your thread, and I just wanted to ask you if you later achieves your goal of graduating with a first class in mathematics?
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2022
The5DME:
hello bro. I stumbled upon your thread, and I just wanted to ask you if you later achieves your goal of graduating with a first class in mathematics?

Wow! Thanks! I made a 2nd Class Upper. �
Gearing up for my Msc right now. I'll post the concluding part of my story soon.
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by The5DME(m): 7:24am On Jan 14, 2022
Kenny4lyfe:

Wow! Thanks! I made a 2nd Class Upper. �
Gearing up for my Msc right now. I'll post the concluding part of my story soon.
That's nice. I'd like to get some practical advice from you sir, since I'm also an aspiring applied mathematics student, on how to replicate such result. How was the transition from doing computational maths(sec school maths), to doing abstract mathematics (proofing) for you like?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger State Governor Donates Land For Anglican University / Is It OK For A Female Teacher To Dress Like This To Class? (see Photo) / Jamb: 80% Candidates Scored Above 250 Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.