Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) (45670 Views)

Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / Two Airliners Land Side By Side On Parallel Runways In California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by greatiyk4u(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your rubbish..

Na so facg dey peper u?
Take heart
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
There's no point replying someone when the project is already licensed. You're disturbing yourself over nothing, Anambra is dependent largely on itself no need to fight all this ppl, they'll always be around

greatiyk4u:

Unfortunately, no state in South west can boast of any critical infrastructure built by the state, except Lagos that is the headquarters of Nigeria people's IGR sweat,

If any just name it.....
My stay in Ijebu East LG of Ogun state opened my eyes to the media deception and description of the south west people and environment

Very backward and primitive people where the Gov Amosun was commissioning a 3 rooms primary school class rooms

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Jakumo(m): 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
That's not 09 it's 06, look well. The difference must be 18, since it's 180, runway numbering requires that you roundoff to the nearest 10. 24-06 = 18

Very good catch. I need double-eyes glasses for sure.

On a serious note, I have dyslexia, which causes me to spell words backward sometimes, so na him and devil I go blame for my mistake.

OP oya carry go. No shaking. We don approve am. Make dem release dat painter. No need to flog am again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
greatiyk4u:

He is making sense as his comment is from a professional angle, just that the pic is not elaborate enough to view it well for detailed analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHIqUsWtrY

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
Jakumo:

This is a minor point, but the pictures published here show two different runways, and NOT opposite ends of the same runway. By ICAO convention, Runway 09 faces due east, while Runway 27 faces due west.

It is not possible for one end of the same runway to be designated as 09, and the other as 24. The runway heading at both ends of the same runway always face compass directions that differ from each other by exactly180 degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHIqUsWtrY

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Imustnottalk: 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:
Do you know Yoruba people haven't built a single airport all there lives?

I just found out that all the airports in SW are FG owned.

Sophistijatrd people always hiding behind FG for handouts
the airport in ondo state was built by who sir,when will you start thinking with your brain not your hands, must you always bring tribalism to everything

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by CaptainAyub: 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:
Do you know Yoruba people haven't built a single airport all there lives?

I just found out that all the airports in SW are FG owned.

Sophistijatrd people always hiding behind FG for handouts
grin grin
Be like dem get airstrip for Akure oo
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by CaptainAyub: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

And Anambra Airport belongs to Anambra?
This is why I called you guys Illiterate Peoples of Biafra.
It was built by the state govt naa,abi na you get am?

6 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by yyba: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication
and the one in your village is owned by your parents
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Bendeco02: 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

The guy is correct.

Was Anambra airport built or sponsored by FG?

So u're the illiterate here.... Don't allow your emotions control you

4 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

Anambra Airport was 100% Financed by Anambra state government.

5 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by yedepob: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
Make sensse.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Lugianostar(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good to hear
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
First of all, we have the most educated population. Secondly that guy is not Igbo, he's trying to derail this thread, learn to understand ppl

You have the most educated population.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Champele(m): 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
Na runway we go chop? Let the airport start work na. Fake airport
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication

So what's your point?

How does this stop Chinedu and Nkechi from abandoning Alaigbo and running to southwest for greener pastures?

5 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by dapolaw(m): 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mumu, the airport in Oyo state who built it? Who is also building the ongoing cargo airport in Ogun state?

Lionnation:

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by erico2k2(m): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106669109:
These are the longest Airport runways in Nigeria.
Yet the Only utilized Airport for planes coming from Europe and America are Lagos,Abuja and Port Harcourt Int
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Wahalaperson: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
Abeg all these long runways for north who dey use them undecided
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Myhusband(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
U don't mini it. I also heard their cities are full of brown roofs and that what they cannot stab at d back does not exist.
I said i overheard b4 d back biting/stabbing.

Dr sam that still reason like illiterate. PhD in your dream oponu people in majority
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Ngasky(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
Sir. Ahmadu Bello International Airport has a 3100m runway
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
Absolutely

TripleOh7:

You have the most educated population.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by KosiGee(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
Please nobody is talking about The Yorubas. Appreciate the topic, discuss it and leave others out of it

Don’t derail this thread with your stupidity.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Abujason: 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Can't you just discuss the topic of the thread without courting controversy by mentioning Yoruba people?

He is One of the Fulani tribal terrorists trying to generate an argument between Igbos and Yorubas. That’s what the moderators are paid to do.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Skillsnigeria: 1:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
Noted
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Lionnation: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
dapolaw:
Mumu, the airport in Oyo state who built it? Who is also building the ongoing cargo airport in Ogun state?
Who are you asking?

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Lionnation: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Who are you asking?
dapolaw:

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lol.. ok
KosiGee:

Don’t derail this thread with your stupidity.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by pedel: 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2021
How old are you? I can only compare your brain development to that of a 12 years old.
Not everything has to be tribal. Grow up.
Lionnation:
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
Impressive b

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman / List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.