Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) (45669 Views)

Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / Two Airliners Land Side By Side On Parallel Runways In California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by LILTJAY: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
I don't know how to put this so that I don't sound rude. First of all eko Atlantic City is everywhere online, secondly, the purpose of putting a project like this out here all the time is to market it. It's not an Orange, it's an airport and it needs to be seen as many times as possible

I get.. but what I dont like is why your tribe peple always like to compare theirselves with others... tell me wgat brought yoruba here now
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
amen estate is more beautiful than your rubbish estate you call millennium city....
Orange island, illubirin estate, periwinkle island etc are financed by lebanese too?
Lebanese are the one financing Eko Atlantic city

Can you mention one Yoruba man that own property in Eko Atlantic, but I can give you two Igbos, you can see these in any typical Yoruba states

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TumRSP3n9YI

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by barcaboi(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication
So the state government should build airports in a state that already has one? �‍♀️

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by LILTJAY: 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
Empiree:
It is high time for Ógún and OYO States to build their international airports. They have enough land for the project.
of what benefit will the airport be to them? Why will ogun state build an airport when her people can use lagos airport. Ibadan has an airport..
What those states should build is industrial parks like that of agbara and not some airport of nosignificantce

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by caracas: 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

And Anambra Airport belongs to Anambra?
This is why I called you guys Illiterate Peoples of Biafra.
Who does it belong to pray tell....
Illiterate of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Verysmart101: 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
TripleOh7:

So what's your point?

How does this stop Chinedu and Nkechi from abandoning Alaigbo and running to southwest for greener pastures?

Cos u guys can't make use if ur resources just as the whites colonized Africa cos of our resources we didn't know the value.No tribe in world can have it all.U must always rely on others one way or d other

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
of what benefit will the airport be to them? Why will ogun state build an airport when her people can use lagos airport. Ibadan has an airport..
What those states should build is industrial parks like that of agbara and not some airport of nosignificantce
While your former governor and the current are fighting over proposed airport
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by KosiGee(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106673568:

Lebanese are the one financing Eko Atlantic city

Can you mention one Yoruba man that own property in Eko Atlantic, but I can give you two Igbos, you can see these in typical Yoruba states

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TumRSP3n9YI

You fell to the temptation well. This is sad. You’ve succeeded in joining the band of retards and trolls that worked hard to derail this thread.

Not a day goes by without yorubas and Igbos engaging in meaningless and silly competition and ugly banterings.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
Verysmart101:

Cos u guys can't make use if ur resources just as the whites colonized Africa cos of our resources we didn't know the value.No tribe in world can have it all.U must always rely on others one way or d other

So, just as the whites colonized Africa, Igbos are trying to colonize Yoruba, abi?

When I said Fulanis and Igbos have a lot in common, some disagreed with me.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to properly colonize and develop your own space first before thinking of colonizing others?
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
He didn't say he's Igbo, you assumed that because he posted it on this thread and under a topic like this. Both of you are wrong and normally I would react harshly if someone said something bad about the Igbos but I've seen it as a way of causing wahala and it's not worth it. But if you say something wrong I'll correct it whether you like it or not

LILTJAY:
I get.. but what I dont like is why your tribe peple always like to compare theirselves with others... tell me wgat brought yoruba here now
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lol... y'all funny as hell on this platform.
You know what a colony is?
How can you colonize a place in the same country as you, na ment?

TripleOh7:

So, just as the whites colonized Africa, Igbos are trying to colonize Yoruba, abi?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to properly colonize and develop your own space first before thinking of colonizing others?
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
Study New York City very well and then go thru this your write up.
You should know the difference between acquiring properties and pushing ppl out of their properties
TripleOh7:

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
Study New York City very well and then go thru this your write up.
You should know the difference between acquiring properties and pushing ppl out of their properties

You guys have an over-bloated sense of self worth. It's not a pretty sight.

Go and gather data in Lagos and come and tell us how many buildings exactly Igbos own in Lagos state.

In your mind like that, Igbos own majority of the buildings in Lagos state, yeah? Lol.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by 77up(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

And Anambra Airport belongs to Anambra?
This is why I called you guys Illiterate Peoples of Biafra.
You think it's by accident that they remain the most tribalistic animals in Nigeria embarassed
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by t2luv1: 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106669502:
Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt were built by FG

The second longest runway in Nigeria was built by Anambra state government, remember Anambra Airport runway have 2 Raser 06 and 24 of 1Km at each end making 5.7km that plane can land at both end of the runway, which doesn't exist in any airport in the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHIqUsWtrY

What's the return on investment. So far as I can see Zero. What is the use of building something when business model for it was not never justified. How many passengers volume were they expecting the airport to serve, What is the airport anticipated revenue to operating cost ratio.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Solatium(m): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
greatiyk4u:

Unfortunately, no state in South west can boast of any critical infrastructure built by the state, except Lagos that is the headquarters of Nigeria people's IGR sweat,

If any just name it.....
My stay in Ijebu East LG of Ogun state opened my eyes to the media deception and description of the south west people and environment

Very backward and primitive people where the Gov Amosun was commissioning a 3 rooms primary school class rooms

Are you back at your eldorado now?
i mean your village where the tallest multistory building is the palm trees.
we no kúkú invite una,let us enjoy our 3 room school in peace.

But stay back in your land dock villages.
Thank u grin

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by adelaja70(m): 2:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication
Then you must be a chronic Dumbo....
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Anambra Amaka igbo Amaka tongue

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
Why is it only lagos as South West state there Lagos afonja London dey no fit develop another area
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Imustnottalk: 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Its FG owned airport
akure airport is not internation so how it owned by the FG
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by MI6Surveillance: 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
cheesy

Afonja is crying. When was the airport built that you are already expecting returns?

Just take note that Anambra international airport shall be the busiest airport in Nigeria aside Abuja and Lagos international airports

t2luv1:

What's the return on investment. So far as I can see Zero. What is the use of building something when business model for it was not never justified. How many passengers volume were they expecting the airport to serve, What is the airport anticipated revenue to operating cost ratio.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by kunleham(m): 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
Victorclean1:
It's only in Yoruba and hausa/Fulani you will visit their villages and find Young people that can't speak English
English is not my language. See inferiority complex, able to speak English is what?
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by t2luv1: 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
Planes can actually land from both sides of that runway; it's hard to appreciate it cus many ppl don't understand what it actually means

What ever you are smoking I want some of it. How many runway does that airport has? Answer one. Hart-field in Atlanta which is the world busiest airport has a total of 6 runways, 3 landings and 3 takeoff. You are confusing taxi ways with runways.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Victorclean1: 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
but your people are allover those backward places hawking different things in traffic there grin grin
Just for you to know, I have been to enugu, imo and anambra states

Misplacement of priority. Few Ibos hawk to make both end meet. From Hawking to business, from business to millionaire.

What about muntulas from Yoruba and hausa/fulani that block every pediatrician bridges , and bustops very dirty n begging for money.

Hawking ibo man is a hustler. Better to hustle than to beg. Laziness is inherent with Afunja
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
Imustnottalk:
akure airport is not internation so how it owned by the FG
There are FG owned domestic airports.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
t2luv1:

Anambra is forth largest economy in Nigeria After Lagos, Abuja and Rivers state, watchout you will understand soon

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Empiree: 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
I don't argue about building industrial parks. But it won't be bad if Ógún state has it's own airport. Just because it is close to Lagos is not enough excuse. New Jersey is close to New York and both have their respective airports.

I didn't know there is airport in Ibadan. Thanks for giving this info. It was just built or been there for long?
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Fesotech: 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
Jakumo:

You go see say dem go change am back to 09 and 27, namely East Facing and West Facing ends of the same runway.

After dem go flog the painter when go mistake write 09 and 24. Na mistake. Runway no dey bend corner. Na straight line kaka-raka.
The Runway is 06 and 24 not 09 and 24. Please. Thank you.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Imustnottalk: 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

There are FG owned domestic airports.
lol so others in your vicinities are owned by the state
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Fesotech: 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Jakumo:

This is a minor point, but the pictures published here show two different runways, and NOT opposite ends of the same runway. By ICAO convention, Runway 09 faces due east, while Runway 27 faces due west.

It is not possible for one end of the same runway to be designated as 09, and the other as 24. The runway heading at both ends of the same runway always face compass directions that differ from each other by exactly180 degrees.
The Runway Number is 06 and 24 please, Not 09 and 24. Thank you
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by LILTJAY: 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Empiree:
I don't argue about building industrial parks. But it won't be bad if Ógún state has it's own airport. Just because it is close to Lagos is not enough excuse. New Jersey is close to New York and both have their respective airports.

I didn't know there is airport in Ibadan. Thanks for giving this info. It was just built or been there for long?
industrial parks will create more jobs and wconomic activities than aiport.... ogun dont need one... lagos is there...
Yeah ibadan has an international airport
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by wink2015(m): 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
It is high time Edo state rise up to the occasion to build bigger airport.

It is rather unfortunate that Benin city is still relying on the old airport built in the then midwest era and Bendel state era.

No renovation in the Benin airport.

We use to know Edo people particularly the Binis and Ishan as big time traveller to europe.

But the whole picture about the Benin airport is appalling.

Edo state deserve an International Airport given the travelling nature of the Edo people.

Another eyesore to the Benin airport in Edo state is the OBA MARKET built during the time of governor John Odigie Oyegun during the transition era of General Babangida.

THAT OBA MARKET IS AN EYE SORE TO THE GOOD PEOPLE OF EDO STATE.

It architectural structure is not befitting to the central location.

It should be brought down and another Oba market built in the location with a much better design.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) / "It Cost Me 2.5 Million To Live In Nigeria For Two Months" - Uk-based Woman / List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.