Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,910 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia (441 Views)

5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online / How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online / My Sore Experience With Jumia Affiliate Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by chatinent: 10:57am On Oct 12, 2021
Shopping online can be very fast and convenient. But at the same time, whatever has an advantage also has a disadvantage.

I made a personal review so here are my observations as a registered user and one who patronises Jumia. Let's take a look at few of them. Happy reading!!

1. Only 15 days money return warranty
Jumia might not be rated 90% because of this 15 days money return warranty. Immediately you make your order, your days are being counted as possible, even if your goods don't get to your doorstep.

This might make you change your mind about this online shopping mall, though, it may look easier to order but what if your warrantee elapses?

Customers are not animals. They are humans, and at least, they should listen to their customer's suggestions about their services, after all customers are always right. Do you also know if you are to return it you'd be the one to foot the transport?

2. Fraud possibilities
Apart from Jumia, online shops are very risky these days, especially when it’s a pay-before delivery, anything could happen especially if you are ordering the goods for first time.

So many persons want to scam the life out of you, and there is no way to report them. They will end up collecting your money and blocking you forever without no remorse.

There are many persons that claim to be an agent at these online shopping mall. It's best to know who your agents are before ordering your goods, some might end up blocking and stealing your goods from you.

In fact, avoid working with any agents; work directly with the company, at least, to have a proof.

3. Lack of touch and feel of your commodities
This aspect is very disturbing most times, yet the reverse will always be the case. The way you see these products online with high quality pictures might not be the same way it looks when it's been delivered to your doorstep.

Most times some products like human hairs and even clothes are not advisable to order on Jumia, because you might get a different product entirely. Most times, a very inferior quality. Yes, we don't blame Jumia because there are stores that sell on it!

By the way, apart from reading the description of the product, nobody tells you anything about the product, which means that anything you see, you take it like that. Sometimes, the reviews don't add up after you have bought yours too. Some image may be deceptive. Let me give you a shocker: most of their items (electronic, foodstuff etc) are smaller than what they appear on the site! It will shock you!

4. No payment on delivery (new).
Payment on delivery is now hardly accepted on Jumia. Imagine placing an order on Jumia and the product is in bad condition, and Jumia's response on this will be " There's nothing we can do about it, try filling for a refund after reading the refund policy".

Another annoying thing is that you'll be compelled to pay before even seeing what you purchase...if you succeed for a pay-on-delivery.

5. Unverified product
Jumia might not have most of their products online, sometimes they place orders on those shops that supply the goods to their customers. However, some brands are not verified on Jumia.

Let's say for instance, you order for a product and the next thing your see is that they've removed the product because it's not verified. For the sake of their customers, they should at least verify their brands.

Thanks for reading! I hope this article have spoken the readers mind! If you enjoy reading this article please comment yes!

Source: https://www.nopremiumtears.com.ng/2021/08/five-crazy-things-you-need-to-know.html?m=1

Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominque, FOD, naijacutee

Please drop your comments below.
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by ItsGoodToBeGood: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2021
Thank You
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by chatinent: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Thank You

Thank you for reading.
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by ItsGoodToBeGood: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2021
chatinent:

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for thanking me for reading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by lilvicky68(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Thank you for thanking me for reading
Thank you for thanking him for thanking you for reading.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by Magnoliaa(f): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

Thank you for thanking him for thanking him for thanking him for reading.

Let's be mad together.

2 Likes

Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by ItsGoodToBeGood: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

gringringringringringringrin Thank you for thanking me for thanking him for thanking me for reading
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by lilvicky68(m): 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:

gringringringringringringrin
Thank you for thanking me for thanking him for thanking me for reading
Oya thank you for thanking me for thanking you for thanking him for reading..
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by lilvicky68(m): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Let's be mad together.
Thank you for thanking me for thanking him2 for thanking him1 for thanking him2 for reading.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by Magnoliaa(f): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

Oya thank you for thanking me for thanking you for thanking him for thanking you for reading..
You have missed one. grin
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by ItsGoodToBeGood: 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

Oya thank you for thanking me for thanking you for thanking him for reading..

gringringrin
Welcome

1 Like

Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by lilvicky68(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

You have missed one. grin
Oh. Thank you
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by Magnoliaa(f): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

Oh. Thank you

You're welcome. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by Magnoliaa(f): 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

Thank you for thanking me for thanking him2 for thanking him1 for thanking him2 for reading.. grin
grin grin
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by chatinent: 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
Las las, people wey no well pass me don enter.

ItsGoodToBeGood
lilvicky68
Magnoliaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by chatinent: 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

I don laugh tire
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by chatinent: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Let's be mad together.

Lol
Re: Five Crazy Things You Need To Know About Shopping Online With Jumia by ItsGoodToBeGood: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2021
chatinent:
Las las, people wey no well pass me don enter.

ItsGoodToBeGood
lilvicky68
Magnoliaa

Lol.....

We dey catch cruise for here but we got the message though

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

8 Business Ideas You Can Start With 200k Naira! / Earn Free 20usd Everyday On Google Admob / 5 Profitable Hot Money Making Niches In Cryptocurrency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.