Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! (15134 Views)

I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! / Ignore The Sweet Stories, Think Well Before Starting An Online Business. / Ignore The Sweet Stories, Think Well Before Starting An Online Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Magnumproperty: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
I am typing this with empty stomach. fellow nairalanders: please think well before you take up that job.

I had two job offers in the month of August. one on the mainland and the other one on the island and both are privately owned. have been working all my life on the mainland so when both offers came i was in an hurry to change environment not knowing that it won't be that rosy.

The pecks that come with the job on the island is better than that of the mainland; HMO, pension, free internet connection( thats what i am using to access nairaland atm).

The mainland job offer is basically your salary only and nothing more. but my first encounter on the island is the issue of accommodation, after spending the month of september with a so called relative in Lakowe, Ajah she kicked i and my friend that we came for greener pasture on the island out of her house.

We approach the organization for an accommodation but they only rescued us with a house made of wood( these type of houses are common in Ajah environs close to riverine area infact they cost more than normal single room on the mainland). we accepted the place this early october; but you see the mosquitoes in that environment eeeeehn, i know by the time i go for medical check up the malaria in my body system will be something else.

For some days have not eaten good food, at times i eat once a day and at times i will just go to bed without food. my september salary has been used to settle backlogs of debt i acquired in order to sustain the month of september. now nothing is left.

I approached the organisation for a soft loan to hold body and soul together for the remainder of this month but it seems it is taking forever to be approved, though they helped during my first week of resumption and everything they borrowed me was deducted from the september salary. the transport fare from Lakowe to my place of work was very high. N400 everyday as tfare. but where the organisation got us now is on the same street.

My look as change as a result of poor feeding. if i am to take the job offer on the mainland, the hunger wouldn't have been this much since i have family and friends over there.

I cannot go back to take the offer because it would have been taken up by another person even for the fact that they were begging me with the job. no money for feeding here again on the island and nobody to turn to and i am this shy type that don't like begging from strangers. i pray i don't die of hunger here.

The staff i and my friend met on ground here are not too friendly as they are grumbling that we are being paid higher than them, how do one approach them for this kind of situation?

I do come across people soliciting for funds here on nairaland just for feeding; that hunger shit is very real; you will be so hungry that even cow poo will look like Domino's Pizza. i am seeing myself now as a beggar with a job. i dont mind to get a loan even from my my enemy till month ending just to feed. i am not happy with myself for taking this decision.

please before you take up that job, think very well and weigh the short term and long term benefits and be fully prepare for the inconveniences that might come your way.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by tosbobby(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
Sorry about your situation
This is a chain reaction of bad economy
An average man is not happy about another man's success so don't blame the staff from envying you.
You should be on a lookout for another job.
The Lord is your strength.

19 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by OluwaJohn77: 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
tosbobby:
Sorry about your situation
This is a chain reaction of bad economy
An average man is not happy about another man's success so don't blame the staff from envying you.
You should be on a lookout for another job.
The Lord is your strength.
With this your advice find something give to this man now

16 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by ATEAMS: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
But let’s be clear; going high does not mean putting on a smile and saying nice things when confronted by viciousness and cruelty. Going high means taking the harder path, it means scraping and clawing our way to that mountain top. Going high means standing fierce against hate, while remembering that we are one nation under god. And if we want to survive, we’ve got to find a way to live together, and work together across our differences. And going high means, unlocking the shackles of lies and mistrust, with the only thing that can truly set us free: the cold, hard truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by CondemnBattery(f): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
grin
Your story is both touchy and comic grin

Anyway, whether your colleagues envy you or insult you, please swallow your pride and ask them for a loan. You can as well come out of your shell and be friends with them.

If them carry face and you carry face, na you lose las las.

At least thank God you have a job, and it's almost ½ of the month already.

Another scope, you can make friends with those guys that sell rice, beans, garri and food stuffs.

Tell them you are new in your company, that you haven't been paid, but will be paid by month end, if its derica of rice, beans and garri each take on credit and be honest to pay back once you get your monthly salary.

You can also try these online loan apps. They can save you. Though I'm not a friend of borrowing, however, you have little or no choice.

Good luck

33 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by arthurwillia(m): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hmmm ok oo
There will always be pros and cons of something

But you don get experience now na, so e good

2 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by brownemmanuel43(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
Just 2 months u are already complaining.
All about island is connection, that's should be your dream.
Secondly, u didn't even state your salary and the nature of the job

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Lovenorth: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
M
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by almsofgold: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
Not all that glitters is gold
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Bbqekpa: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
The start is always difficult bro
I think you are just not being grateful

5 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Sundaypaul12345: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
Wow, thanks
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by beautyhd: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
So, how do one know which job that will favour one ?
It's all about discretion, you wanted to change environment not minding the stress.

Go back to the mainland job and tell them something to cover up. You might be lucky though.

6 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Ademola47(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
Noted.
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Sonnobax15(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
undecided
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Babara1994(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
How much is the salary
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
OluwaJohn77:

With this your advice find something give to this man now

lol, you nko??

1 Like

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Think9ja(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
kiss

1 Like

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Xbs1: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
True
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Nonexisting1: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is why I relocated from Abuja to my home state. I can't be working hard and be giving everything to landlord when I have good house in Owerri.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by Kimjongun: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
The way people hype the island ehn

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by BlackyOne: 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
Dear Op, should I say I am in your shoe or you are in my shoe, I work in Lekki (office) mostly and Apapa/ Anchorage (operations site) sometimes, but I am always in debt, take-home pay cannot even take me home, I borrow to sustain myself throughout the remaining month, and then the vicious cycle continue.... I am hardworking and strict with my budget, I am a graduate (HND) and I majored in Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunications, and I have technical experience and skill in the same field including mechanical and offshore and onshore experience...

I'll be very grateful for a better opportunity and can be reached through my email: Layemi91@gmail.com, please reach out and I'll send my phone number to you.

May God help us all.

14 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by sample042(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
Pathetic, pele bruh.
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by wunmi590(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2021

So sorry about the state of things presently, but why don't you contact some of your family members to give you some cash, and you will pay back later..

Reach out to the second organisation and tell them you are still available for the job, you might be lucky...

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by iyatrustee(f): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
You get job yet you dey complain hunger....wetin person wey no get go come do?

The accomodation the office got you no get kitchen wey you fit take cook? You clearly do not pay transport fare again considering you live on the same street as your work place.....so wetin make you dey lament?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by sheDD(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
Life no be beans oo
Harder when you are a man
Worse when u are a man and a Nigerian....

Mehnn
Reading stuff like this makes me eye at my thinking that growing up would be a lot of fun.
I should have stayed as a kid..
I'm not ready for all these

U make decisions for ur sef and most times is not d best..

But wen u are a kid mom and dad takes decision and is aptly work out

16 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by MrCuteking(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
Sorry for the pain. You can actually get a loan from your bank. In this country I don't give out loans anymore. Give an average Nigerian man loan, and he will wish and hope you die to avoid paying back. grin

9 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by FiverrTutor(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Lagos life is just too bad

2 Likes

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by HonBen(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
My story........ It's well!
Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by rahztafari(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
That's always my point. Don't start with money in mind. The money will come with experience. Don't choose because of high pay. Look at other benefits. When I took a lowly teaching job of 20k, everyone thought I was stupid. But the job gave me more time and freedom to amass different skills. And now, the 20k job is only history. Don't run after money like yahoo boiz and prostitutes.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
What's the message here, exactly?

What's wrong with the OP?

You took a job with a higher pay, HMO and free WiFi (I thought this was basic) over a job that would have given you only a salary...and a lower one at that, yet you're here complaining?

Knowing that the job's located on the island, what was your plan for accommodation before you're able to fully settle into the job?

Was the plan to be squatting from pillar to post with people who aren't all that close to you?

You're already sounding like a burden, even to the organization.

Please get your act right.

If you're sure of an accommodation on the mainland, oga go back there.

Worse case you leave the house 5am everyday.

There are many people who live on the mainland and work on the island.

Do it until you're able to get something closer. undecided

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Not Owing N-power Beneficiaries – Presidency / Please Advice Me On These Two Jobs / FG To Recruit 6,000 Prisons Officers – Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.