Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Can You Take This From A Friend. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Take This From A Friend. (1589 Views)

Lady Puts Hair Remover In A Friend's Hair Relaxer After She Slept With Her Bf / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Take This From A Friend. by cdm4live: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
It is never my intention coming to this place to write this but it's a sign of improving my writing. Although I may still make mistakes but I must write things to improve.

It's a long read o.

Ok

So my friend is cohabiting with me. Though he promised spending 60 days before getting his own apartment.

Now, I'm kind of greedy grin and stingy embarassed but I don't think these traits are hereditary or should I say, it's because of lack of association or maybe because of money. Currently, my salary I no dey reason am at all.
I feel shy too taking things from people or asking for help except maybe for biz grin

What I have not been used to is failing to keep to agreements. Before I will do anything, I will always tell you what and when it intend to last that is, coming clean.

My friend is the exact opposite. He's cunning. He told me he would stay for two months but have stayed for 4.

Our gas got finished and I had no money to refill. It's my house and I won't tell him gas has finished. I refilled the last time before now. So he offered to refill but he will be refilling with his own bottle instead of mine. His bottle was not in the house which means he is bringing it from his woman's place. Well, I accepted and he has refilled the gas and we are using it.

I travelled to Cross Rivers and stayed for a week. On my return I discovered two wraps of igbo on my table. Lol. Omo I never knew he smokes but I just wrapped it in a waterproof and kept it at a corner. I allowed two days to pass before asking about the cigarette. He said it belongs to a customer who left it on his shop. I smiled and changed the topic. After a week, I saw the remains of the cigarette in my bathroom and at my house entrance. I didn't confront and I behaved like I didn't see anything.

He will take his bath, use the toilet but won't flush. Water dey inside bathroom o. I dey flush I never reason am anything. I wanted talking to him of a place to find water if there's no water in the bathroom. I later found out he knows the place and he has been getting water from there.

He will prepare cooking stuff and won't throw the dirt away. I will have to do it.

He does clean the house and wash my clothes when washing not all the time though.

He doesnt cook regularly in the house and sometimes eats at his girlfriends place. I do sleep on empty stomach but it's not my food or money so I don't use to complain.

Am a shy person and do not know how to communicate so most times, we are always keeping quiet. I hate this.

He brought a girl to the house though he has been bringing them but that day, money I kept in my shorts got missing. I haven't confronted him about it because I don't know if he was the one that took it or the girl.

I am a part time student so my money goes to my education. I have to borrow from apps too every month and also repay when I receive salary. He maybe thinking I have money but nada. Like this month I have to settle three loan apps and I am damn broke. This my guy is owing some money which I have asked him to repay but he is dancing around.
It was tough asking him to repay because I felt he may feel am driving him away from the house but I get to ask anyways.

If he refuses to pay, na hungry be that o because I can't force him before person put something for my water.

All in all, I know he won't be parking out till January.

And sometimes, that feeling of friendship is just there for you.

Hope you enjoyed my writing.
Thank you.
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Sonnobax15(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
lipsrsealed
I don't know how you people get into such parasitic friendship....But honestly op,if na me be you,I for don sit that guy down,talk sense into him head.......Na your house,so why you dey tolerate such nonsense abi he dey follow you dey pay the house rent...

Mtcheewww undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by virginprincess(f): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Oga, pls summarize this thing, you don't expect me to read such long epistle undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Smartb0y: 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
virginprincess:
Oga, pls summarize this thing, you don't expect me to read such long epistle undecided undecided undecided
nobody forced you
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by helinues: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
Why not tell the guy he is inconveniency you?

I stopped taking shit long time ago
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by vibbb: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
He promised of spending 60 days (2 months) before getting his own apartment but now he has stayed 4 months.; That alone is a deal breaker. Lemme ask you: Is he making any effort to get his own plc ?
What will happen if eventually Police ransack your apartment and find illegal substance? Note you alrdy find igbo - How on earth will you explain that ?

Note: It's a good thing to be our brothers keeper and to help a friend in need but you must also preserve yourself too, you already have a financial budget per month via your academic and wellbeing, compromising that plan/budget will make you struggle unnecessarily. It's time for you guys to talk man 2 man. #Goodluck.
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Nazgul: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2021
virginprincess:
He has a parasitic friend who doesn't give two shits about him, the friend tends to boss him around his own house even up to the extent of owing him and making life miserable for him. And he's so shy to confront his so called friend so he's dying in silence. Baba 70 (fela) will simply say suffering and smiling.

How have you been by the way...it's been ages.

@topic.
You just have to reach out to him, let him know what you like and what you dislike. It's your house... you should be the boss, start acting like one.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Magnoliaa(f): 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
Menn?

They are their own worstest airnemies. Tueh!
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by AfroKnight: 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Let him move to his girlfriend’s house.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by AfroKnight: 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Menn?

They are their own worstest airnemies. Tueh!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You’ve been waiting to use that line for a long time.
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Magnoliaa(f): 9:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
AfroKnight:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You’ve been waiting to use that line for a long time.

Lmaoo. grin grin
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by pansophist(m): 9:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
An expression of self-love is not to tolerate parasitic friendship, because that guy is not a friend, but a parasite. As you grow, you will meet a lot of these folks, you will also learn to be tough and greedy, not as an expression of being bad, because people like your parasite (friend) will push you to that place. I guess you are an empath, and it is natural for you to help. But don't help at your own detriment, if anyone stresses you out, cut them off. You should normalize cutting off people that don't serve you out of your life.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by pansophist(m): 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I don't know how you people get into such parasitic friendship....But honestly op,if na be you,I for don sit that guy down,talk sense into him head.......Na your house,so why you dey tolerate such nonsense abi he dey follow you dey pay the house rent...

Mtcheewww undecided

Talk which sense? abi make op give am red card and tell him to fork out? I don jam eediots like the op friends, them nornally no de change. Them go be like that forever. Na those kind people you no need use juju for make them fail, because their character na juju in itself wey go make them fail.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by virginprincess(f): 6:17am On Oct 13, 2021
Nazgul:

He has a parasitic friend who doesn't give two shits about him, the friend tends to boss him around his own house even up to the extent of owing him and making life miserable for him. And he's so shy to confront his so called friend so he's dying in silence. Baba 70 (fela) will simply say suffering and smiling.

@topic.
You just have to reach out to him, let him know what you like and what you dislike. It's your house... you should be the boss, start acting like one.
Hey wink wink , I'm fine, just decided to stay away from nairaland for sometime.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by 6ixT8: 10:19am On Oct 13, 2021
virginprincess:

SMH! undecided

I Wonder whatbyoire doing in this forum?
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by 6ixT8: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2021
Op. It's people like you that usually burden your heart with with things you might to purge out once and for all.
Just like someone said suffering and smiling.
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Drsnives(m): 10:49am On Oct 13, 2021
I and the op are one
But my own na with my nextdoor female neighbor.
I dea chock
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by cdm4live: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
Nazgul:

@topic.

Thank you for the summary.

vibbb:
He promised of spending 60 days (2 months) before getting his own apartment but now he has stayed 4 months.; That alone is a deal breaker. Lemme ask you: His he making any effort to get his own plc ?
No, he seems very comfortable now.
It's time for you guys to talk man 2 man. #Goodluck.
Will do just that

Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I don't know how you people get into such parasitic friendship....But honestly op,if na be you,I for don sit that guy down,talk sense into him head.......Na your house,so why you dey tolerate such nonsense abi he dey follow you dey pay the house rent...

Mtcheewww undecided
No, he doesn't pay rent with me.

pansophist:
An expression of self-love is not to tolerate parasitic friendship, because that guy is not a friend, but a parasite. As you grow, you will meet a lot of these folks, you will also learn to be tough and greedy, not as an expression of being bad, because people like your parasite (friend) will push you to that place. I guess you are an empath, and it is natural for you to help. But don't help at your own detriment, if anyone stresses you out, cut them off. You should normalize cutting off people that don't serve you out of your life.

You are right. I need to collect my money first before kicking him out. He was to give me the money on Tuesday but never came back to the house. Went to the house yesterday to meet him fast asleep because I came back late. This morning, he told me his babe would be coming and I said no pro but that he should get my money ready before Saturday then he sighed.

Drsnives:
I and the op are one
But my own na with my nextdoor female neighbor.
I dea chock

Woman neighbor? Well, the only experience I had with female neighbor was coming my room at 10pm or 12pm. I parked out without letting her know my new place.
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Homeboiy: 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2021
I use girl take drive one guy comot

My secondary school friend called me that his university friend will be spending a night in my house because he has something to do in my state.

This guy come carry big luggage come my house. He spend the first 3 days and told me that he will be spending 6 months here before he rent a house.

I just inform my female friend . She come dey spend the night for my house every night.

The guy sleep for hotel tire come run Comot.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Nazgul: 4:07am On Oct 16, 2021
virginprincess:
Hey wink wink , I'm fine, just decided to stay away from nairaland for sometime.
Eyah... welcome back
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by SharedServices: 12:01am On Oct 29, 2021
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by SavageResponse(m): 12:03am On Oct 29, 2021
Kick him out joor!
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 29, 2021
Stop being a mumu. Find a way to get him out.
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Elporo(m): 12:47am On Oct 29, 2021
Homeboiy:
I use girl take drive one guy comot
The guy sleep for hotel tire come run Comot.

E get one of my cousin brother. Has been trying to know my place here.

Nothing e never do. Blackmail, begging, preaching grin

Never shall I wink

Dearest cousin,

I rather loan you a large amount of money instead of showing you where I live. tongue
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by cdm4live: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Stop being a mumu. Find a way to get him out.

Could you imagine. He came to me that the key I gave him is locked in the house.

I gave him my spare key which has the gate and main door key and for days now, he said he forgot my keys in his shop.

Some people are just so wicked. I will be kicking him out this month end.

Elporo:

E get one of my cousin brother. Has been trying to know my place here.

Nothing e never do. Blackmail, begging, preaching grin

Never shall I wink

Dearest cousin,

I rather loan you a large amount of money instead of showing you where I live. tongue

My dear, e no too good to harbour person o.
Re: Can You Take This From A Friend. by Youngpo413: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
This thing dey cause problem

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Simp Of The Year / Video: Father Caught Staking Bet During His Daughter’s Wedding / How Did You Solve Severe Headache During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.