Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. (945 Views)

I'm A 102-Year-Old — Good Sex Is My Secret To A Long Life / Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. / Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by holarmylekan(m): 11:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
My family members calls me a failure just because I fail to gain admission. I have tried to gain admission in to medical school but the I'm not connected even though my result is always good. Any where I go, they keep pitying my condition. I learnt graphics about and programming two years ago. I enrolled myself for photography but I the boss is manipulative and wicked. I have tried every possible method to please him but he always see me as a problem. I know he want like wasting my time because he hasn't shown me how to hold a camera for about eight months.i tried explaining to my family members but they they don't believe me because he has told them a lot of negative things about me. I'm typing this with tears in my eyes. They all see my as a failure. I don't think I can hold this anymore. They want to dictate how I should live. They feel they are always right. I have written my exams and I passed all without cheating. I pray God give me the strength to survive this. They compare me with my mates telling me that they are now in universities and Polytechnics. They openly tell me I'm a failure. I will be 20 next year February.Am I really a failure ?
I don't think I will survive this.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by lilvicky68(m): 12:02am On Oct 13, 2021
You're too young to be stressing yourself..

4 Likes

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by Fundamentalist: 12:08am On Oct 13, 2021
we put too much pressure on ourselves,

1 Like

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by holarmylekan(m): 12:14am On Oct 13, 2021
lilvicky68:
You're too young to be stressing yourself..

I had decided to take a break for a while but just minutes ago, another sister of my called telling me how I failed to gain admission, how my mates are better than me, telling me to do something good with my life as if I hadn't been trying all this years. Every night I always up for at least 2 hours checking the reading and checking the internet for opportunities just to do something good despite working like a maid for another sister from 7am till 11pm. I'm just fed up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by Zaxbash1: 12:15am On Oct 13, 2021
@20 common guy man U still have long way to go ..life bedin at forthy...
I got admission in 23 after I wrote jamb thrice now this is my 5th year on a four year course but I will never be a failure

4 Likes

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by mastermaestro(m): 12:27am On Oct 13, 2021
Twenty years of age a failure? That's a big joke! You have great potentials ahead of you. Chill brother. Practise more humility and tolerance.

And stop trying to do too many things at the same time. You can enrol into a part-time programme in any nearby university or polytechnic instead of this endless medical chase.

Be flexible with your choice of courses. Sometimes success doesn't lie in lofty goals. Be strong! Everything is going to be just fine. Time sweetens sour beginnings.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Oct 13, 2021
holarmylekan:
I have tried every possible method to please him but he always see me as a problem. I know he want like wasting my time because he hasn't shown me how to hold a camera for about eight months.i tried explaining to my family members but they they don't believe me because he has told them a lot of negative things about me. I'm typing this with tears in my eyes. They all see my as a failure. I don't think I can hold this anymore. They want to dictate how I should live. They feel they are always right. I have written my exams and I passed all without cheating. I pray God give me the strength to survive this. They compare me with my mates telling me that they are now in universities and Polytechnics. They openly tell me I'm a failure. I will be 20 next year February.Am I really a failure ?
Your problem probably stems from having a mind that is closed off to the possibilities before it. undecided

You say you are waiting for someone to show you how to hold a camera before you can use one. Did some teach you how to hold a
■ TV remote
■ A Cellphone
■ A computer ,etc,

Before you learnt how to use them and use them? So why do you think there is a special way of holding a camera that you must learn before you can use one? undecided

And so what if your parents want to dictate life to you. Part of growing up is learning that it is your life and the decisions ought to be yours to make and the other way to do is that is to show them through your choices and actions. So long as you live off of them, expect them to remain as they are. It is up to you to make them see you differently. undecided

You are only 20 and you think you have failed. Life hasn't even begun proper and you are already throwing in the towel. What will you do when the real tornadoes of life start to hit you back and front some years from now? undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by KusherAbel: 1:20am On Oct 13, 2021
You're only a failure when you give up. Youre depressed rn and it's normal. You need to prove everyone who has looked down on you and dismissed you WRONG. Let that be your driving fuel. You fall 7 times, get up 8. You're good with graphics and programming already, invest your time in getting more digital skills. And most importantly don't compare yourself with anyone else. Everyman has his own time so keep working, if there's no job and no admission yet then screw it, your success isn't hanging on any darn University. I'll personally advice you to go deeper into the programming field, you can hustle to get the funds to pay online for some python and co languages since you're already versed. But the first thing to do is stop feeling sorry for yourself and make things happen. I've seen things switch up from 0-100 in a second you'll be amazed how swift your life could turn around. But you need to stop with the self pity and keep trying.
Shallom

1 Like

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 13, 2021
No
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by BigYash: 2:00am On Oct 13, 2021
holarmylekan:
My family members calls me a failure just because I fail to gain admission. I have tried to gain admission in to medical school but the I'm not connected even though my result is always good. Any where I go, they keep pitying my condition. I learnt graphics about and programming two years ago. I enrolled myself for photography but I the boss is manipulative and wicked. I have tried every possible method to please him but he always see me as a problem. I know he want like wasting my time because he hasn't shown me how to hold a camera for about eight months.i tried explaining to my family members but they they don't believe me because he has told them a lot of negative things about me. I'm typing this with tears in my eyes. They all see my as a failure. I don't think I can hold this anymore. They want to dictate how I should live. They feel they are always right. I have written my exams and I passed all without cheating. I pray God give me the strength to survive this. They compare me with my mates telling me that they are now in universities and Polytechnics. They openly tell me I'm a failure. I will be 20 next year February.Am I really a failure ?
Calm down guy. You're not a failure. You not gaining admission or your photography boss misbehaving towards you ,doesn't make you a failure. You're still very young and you have a very bright future ahead of you. I will advise you to perfect your graphics skills,so that you can be earning from it to support yourself. Then ,look for somewhere else to perfect your photography skill ,since your boss is fooling himself at where you're learning currently. Most bosses are like that ,they feel they are gods,because of the small shop they borrowed money to open.
My guy as for your family..Let all the insults become your "motivation" in anything you're doing from now on. Best revenge to such insult is to become successful. By then you'll prove them wrong,that you're were never a failure and you're not a failure. Don't ever thing of taking your life because of their mouth o.. People dey wen no go school today,but them dey employ graduates.
So,no let anybody make you feel less of what you are my guy. Stay focused and be determined. Ignore side talk and family insults.. You're blessed my guy..

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by seankafor(m): 4:48am On Oct 13, 2021
Jesus Christ, this is same thing almost every parents melted on their wards mine inclusive..

So help me God I can never train my kids with this kind of mentality..

Those people tagged failure in my high school are the ones doing much better in spheres of life now..
Your parent are still living in archaic era by limiting your knowledge to only school and also comparing you with your mates.. and I guess they ain't the richest dad and mom in the neighbourhood..
They all fvcked up..

Shaa don't put your mind on it for long, do what you gats do.. no competition in life...
If school no favour you, another thing will..
Just try doing your best and try not to be pulled down by what they re saying..

Remain blessed
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by Harrykn: 5:11am On Oct 13, 2021
@16 I landed in Lagos why?
My mom will say: my mates are working while I'm in the house eating and jumping round with cartel.
Roughly 7months when she saw my picture on WhatsApp she pleaded with my Aunt to send me back.
My Papa nor send you work just help him when he needs your help pere, no complain.
To me it's always the mothers that triggers this
Kind of maras with especially their boys. They don't want you to feel relaxed and comfortable so you won't be a burden to them.
You're not a failure bro, you're just starting life.
Learn to ignore any negative words anybody say to you cus for me it means I have to work harder mek person nor come dey para nonsense for my front.
I'm 20 and living a bit comfortable (can provide my needs without depending on anybody) e don tey wey my parents dash me money wey reach 10k least nah 1k to support transport but I no send.
Let's pray for better days so cheer up bro and do what you can Even that school wey Dem dey use label you as failure you go still go see their mates for same department funny enough during test and exams they won't allow you write.
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by Richy4(m): 5:54am On Oct 13, 2021
holarmylekan:

I had decided to take a break for a while but just minutes ago, another sister of my called telling me how I failed to gain admission, how my mates are better than me, telling me to do something good with my life as if I hadn't been trying all this years. Every night I always up for at least 2 hours checking the reading and checking the internet for opportunities just to do something good despite working like a maid for another sister from 7am till 11pm. I'm just fed up.

Do not let what she said be a deciding factor for you. This should be the time to be happy that they have written you off... u now have the opportunity to sit your A$$ down and decide genuinely what you want to do with your life.. whatever u have chosen, try and be the best in that..

U are young, u are going to see so many disappointment in life, u will see many who will not want your progress, U will also see people who will want you to succeed in this world though they are few in number but they are there....Always have the positive outlook in life and be enthusiastic about life if u can..

You are better off now that the family do not have high expectation of you.... This time, decide what you are good at...Life does not end only in medicine as a career, there are one million choices that you can make, though I understand that medicine might be your first choice on your scale of preferences but there are still number 2 choice or even 3, those are choices..... I just want you to remember one thing... it's not how well you started... it's how well you were able to finish...

Also, there are people whom you do not need their negative energy in your life @ this stage... those ones that says so many upsetting thing, block them for now or decide not to answer their calls( it's your phone and your choice to answer whoever)... when things gets better unblock them so they can come and celebrate with you.... Just letting you know that you are not a failure...Good-luck buddy..
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by Sonnobax15(m): 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by olabrinks(f): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
Looool this one thinks he’s a failure at 20. Young people are so naive and foolish. God help them.
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by talithakum: 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
OP try and relax your mind and try to develop a thick skin, if not you might be too focused on what your family members do and say to you instead of channeling the energy to get better in life

First thing is this, right now, what do you want to do?

Still pursuing the admission in medical college or you now want to do other things?

I have read through your post and it seems like the pressure from your family is making you sound like you don't know what exactly you want to do with your life.

Two is this, if you're still pursuing admission, must it be medicine and surgery?

You can try out; Pharmacy and Radiography if you're good at maths, Nursing for japa reasons...lol, Medlab, Physiotherapy, Dentistry.
In these courses, you would also get to provide care and work with other health care professionals to restore health to your patients.

It's okay to feel down once in a while, that's why we are humans with feelings but don't dwell on it so much so that you lose focus.

Stay jiggy and take care of yourself..... 20 years is to early to brand yourself a failure.

Sending you love and light.....
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by Truvelisback(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
holarmylekan:
U aren't a failure. Let their mockery and criticism Multivate u to be successful. According to Victor A.D said multivate urself. My advice for u is that u should not put all ur eggs in one basket. Now, try applying for Army, Navy or Airforce. U can try applying for police, Frsc etc.
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by VlamesIffect(f): 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2021
Omo you are too young to call yourself a failure. You not even clocked 20 until next year....
Na by going to school? Say you finish th3 school then spend 3 to 5 years looking for job when you are going to 30 what will you call yourself then?

Don't let anybody put pressure on you. I always tell young people define whay you want in this life... and take baby steps....them no build rome in 1 day. This & lot more you'll go through in life is what's going to make you a MAN!.
Re: I'm A Failure. Am I Really A Failure. by holarmylekan(m): 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
VlamesIffect:
Omo you are too young to call yourself a failure. You not even clocked 20 until next year....
Na by going to school? Say you finish th3 school then spend 3 to 5 years looking for job when you are going to 30 what will you call yourself then?

Don't let anybody put pressure on you. I always tell young people define whay you want in this life... and take baby steps....them no build rome in 1 day. This & lot more you'll go through in life is what's going to make you a MAN!.

Thanks for the encouragement ma

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please What Advice Can You Give To A Friend Going Through This From His Wife / Help! Pregnant Woman With Gonorrhea / I Am More Worried About The Economy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.