Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President (24327 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by mkoabiola: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
The desperation from tinubu will sink this country further to a colossal mess
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Deputy1111(m): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
[quote author=Paleone123 post=106702117][/quote]To be honest with ourselves, can you give or mention any vice president that has performed wonderfully well like this Osinbajo?
knowing fully well that he is just the vice president who has limited space to operate .
Osinbajo is the man for the post.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
bewla:
Osinbajo and vice okonjo iwela
Are you kidding me, South for both President and VP in Nigeria?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by ransomed: 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
You must be high on kwale weed.
We are yet to escape Buhari inferno and you want us in another hell. May unknown Gunmen visit your ungwan.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by 0m0nnakoda: 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
BigSarah:
Each time I see or read people postulate osinbanjo I get confused honestly..

If Nigerians truly want osinbanjo, then that means absolutely nothing is wrong with this Buhari and Osinbajo 8 years of mis-rule.
Without supporting Osinbajo
This is not logical or even practical.
The logic of that is that anytime there is a "good" president his deputy should succeed him.
Neither that premise or its corollary which you project are rational conclusions
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by caracas: 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Lol.

A man who failed in everything he laid hands on. He failed woefully as the Gov o Lagos. Was he not the one before Jagaban? Marwa destroyed Lagos ma.dly. Then, he set up Arbarkar Airline with his loots. Where is the airline today? They wanted to make him ambassador to Russia so he could run business with Russians, but people who love Nigeria told the president to move him elsewhere. That was how they sent him to South Aftica. When he was in S.A, what did he do? Nothing. Now, Buhari gave him the top job as Drug Law Emforcement boss. Marwa said Nigeria should not legalised medicinal marijuana. grin Marwa didnt even know the difference btw the one which cause hallucination and the one used for medicine. Honestly, Marwa is a dullard. He knows nothing. Marwa
This one na indomie generation....
No former governor of Lagos state comes close to Marwa including jakande....
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

ALL NIGERIANS ARE PRODUCTS OF THE NIGERIAN SYSTEM not just those in the "Political space"
I do not understand YOUR thought process.
Nigerians who are produced by the system do well in other "systems"
Your reasoning is not very logical
The logical conclusion is we will need to be governed by Non-Nigerians

My conclusion is the future of Nigeria is predictably bad. We will continue going backwards because a bad system cannot produce good as a whole even if it can produce individual good.

The truth about Nigeria is that we have been gradually drifting backwards since the white man left....painful but true. We have not shown oiin 60 years of independence that we are capable of managing our affairs for the good of all. It doesnt matter who becomes president, it doesnt matter how good the person is or what miracle he can perform, nothing good will ultimately come of it because even if he manages progress you can be sure it wont be sustained.

You tell me what have we built in Nigeria that hasnt crumpled within a generation In nigeria?

The reason why Nigerians do well in other systems is because their systems were designed to work, ours was designed to keep the country together at all costs at the expense of progress. Nigeria before 1966 was designed for progress and indeed we made a lot of progress. many of the things we enjoy today are legacies of pre-1966. However post 1966 wasnt designed for progress or to "work"!!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by RiceProducers: 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
Why do you want an economist (international Civil servant) for the job of President?
Do you understand the job at all?

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by GUNITGuy: 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
What of Pat Utomi, Ngozi Iweala,
Let's give the ibos a chance too
Am not into but I believe atleast they have been part of this entity called Nigeria
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by RiceProducers: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

My conclusion is the future of Nigeria is predictably bad. We will continue going backwards because a bad system cannot produce good as a whole even if it can produce individual good.

The truth about Nigeria is that we have been gradually drifting backwards since the white man left....painful but true. We have not shown oiin 60 years of independence that we are capable of managing our affairs for the good of all. It doesnt matter who becomes president, it doesnt matter how good the person is or what miracle he can perform, nothing good will ultimately come of it because even if he manages progress you can be sure it wont be sustained.

You tell me what have we built in Nigeria that hasnt crumpled within a generation In nigeria?

Whole sale capitalism is Nigeria's bane. It commoditized everything and ruined excellence for excellence sake.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
RiceProducers:

Whole sale capitalism is Nigeria's bane. It commoditized everything and ruined excellence for excellence sake.

Our problem is the constitution. The constitution was designed to keep Nigeria one at all costs not to make Nigeria productive. Nigeria will never be productive no matter how good a president we have because it wasnt designed to be good.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by olatuns2017: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

FYI: Chapter VI, part 1, section 137 subsection 1a of the Nigerian constitution

"137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; "

it is the same for all elective officies even commisioners and ministers

you can thank your Daddy (me) for stopping you making a fool of yourself in future by educating you.
There are courts decisions that are contrary to the position of S.137 of the CFRN.

Gboluga v Akintoye(2019).
Ogbeide v Osula (2004) 12 NWLR (886) 86.*****

Unless there's a "contradicting" decision of the court post 2019, the position of the law is that a citizen with dual citizenship who didn't renounce his foreign citizenship isn't barred from running for an elective position in Nigeria.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by 0m0nnakoda: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

The reason why Nigerians do well in other systems is because their systems were designed to work, ours was designed to keep the country together at all costs at the expense of progress. Nigeria post 1966 wasnt designed to "work"!!
Clearly you have plenty of opinions but do no overload me.
You need to study history.
The USA did not exist 500 years ago.
Nigeria has plenty of time and something good will emerge in that space whether it takes 50 years or 500 years it does not have to be Nigeria as we know it today.
You have not demonstrated any insight into the real nature of the problem just very strong personal opinions
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by RiceProducers: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
GUNITGuy:
What of Pat Utomi, Ngozi Iweala,
Let's give the ibos a chance too
Am not into but I believe atleast they have been part of this entity called Nigeria
Ngozi Iwealla yes but just because she has fought and taken risks for Nigeria before. Pat Utomi maybe.

You see paper credentials are nothing. The guy who ruined Afghanistan had a PhD in how not to ruin a country. He still did the opposite of what he had written award winning academic papers about
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by olatuns2017: 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/akinwumi-adesina-buba-marwa-osinbajo-fredrick-nwabufos-pick-for-president/

The only strong personality on that list is Buba

Others are not different from GEL accademica presidents...they are very good on paper for analysis purpose
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Great2017: 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
richmond500:
the problem of Nigeria started years ago and not just recently
Is Osibanjo not part of the problem?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
SageX1444:
There are courts decisions that are contrary to the position of S.137 of the CFRN.

Unless there's a "contradicting" decision of the court post 2019, the position of the law is that a citizen with dual citizenship who didn't renounce his foreign citizenship isn't barred from running for an elective position in Nigeria.

This is Nigeria, Our speaker is a dual national by acquisition, anything goes in this country. That said, this is clearly a money induced judgement because the constitution is clear. I will have the read the judgement and the basis but like i said the law is clear!!!!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
caracas:

This one na indomie generation....
No former governor of Lagos state comes close to Marwa including jakande....
Are you OK? I am sure you are the indomie generation. Your papa and mama will bow when they meet me. Are you OK at all? Or do you want me to find you and make you repeat what you are posting here? Are you ok? Marwa. Which Marwa? Do you know how the roads in Lagos were destroyed during his time? Dont let me find you, else, your parents will prostrate and kiss my shoe. I promise you.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

Clearly you have plenty of opinions but do no overload me.
You need to study history.
The USA did not exist 500 years ago.
Nigeria has plenty of time and something good will emerge in that space whether it takes 50 years or 500 years it does not have to be Nigeria as we know it today.
You have not demonstrated any insight into the real nature of the problem just very strong personal opinions

next time you see an inteligent post just skip along if it is above your IQ. This is not BBnaija
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Abujason: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
North already had their turn.

1. Osinbajo
2. Okonjo Iweala
2. Akinwunmi Adesina

Preferably, we need someone with knowledge of Economics from the South - not another borrow-borrow Northerner.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

This is Nigeria, Our speaker is a dual national by acquisition, anything goes in this country. That said, this is clearly a money induced judgement because the constitution is clear. I will have the read the judgement and the basis but like i said the law is clear!!!!
Money induced judgement?
I can't say considering the fact that I do not have real or hearsay evidence to back your claims. Again the Constitution is like a wet clay, the court has the duty to mold(interpret) it to be in tune with the reality of things.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by computer0810(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
BigSarah:
Each time I see or read people postulate osinbanjo I get confused honestly..

If Nigerians truly want osinbanjo, then that means absolutely nothing is wrong with this Buhari and Osinbajo 8 years of mis-rule.
Ur opinion shows hw ignorance u r when it comes to our system of govt
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2021
SageX1444:
Money induced judgement?
I can't say considering the fact that I do not have real or hearsay evidence to back your claims. Again the Constitution is like a wet clay, the court has the duty to mold(interpret) it to be in tune with the reality of things.

I said it sounds like...just a personal opinion
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by 0m0nnakoda: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2021
SageX1444:

You are quoting those decisions out of context
In the Ogbeide case The Appeal Court ruled on an appeal against the Tribunal decision and was not a matter of establishing Jurisprudence.
The Appeal Court's position was that insufficient proof was provided at the Tribunal to back the claim
”…The proof was based on the ipse dixir of the appellant who in fact could not give the source of his information; neither did he give the place and date of issuance of the passport, the nature of the company allegedly formed by the 1st respondent in the USA or the facts of renunciation by 1st respondent of his Nigerian citizenship …

In short the matter was decided ON THE BASIS of evidence or lack of evidence.

It is not in anyway "settled" in the way that you suggest
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by DissTroy(m): 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
Dapson73:

Point of correction, Tinubu and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is from the south and northerners will never negotiate such position for female.

Argument against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's candidacy isn't even because of her gender. I don't care which gender becomes president.

She's in bed with the very organisations which helped screw the economies of African countries - the IMF and World Bank.

Almost like the U.S. foisting Mohammed Morsi on Egypt in the height of the Arab Spring.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by 0m0nnakoda: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

next time you see an inteligent post just skip along if it is above your IQ. This is not BBnaija
This post like its author is nearly intelligent
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
SageX1444:
Money induced judgement?

https://www./right-dual-citizens-hold-political-offices-nigeria

as I thought: ogbeide for instance was never proven to be a Dual national. the accusation was that he was a dual national because of an erroneous assumption by the that he must be an American citizen to own an American company. the case of dual nationiltty wa hearsay and not proven. Hence the case was dismissed. Not because you can acquire citizenship and contest.

excerpts:

"ontrary to popular perception, the Ogbeide and PDP cases are not conclusive authorities on the issue. The Court of Appeal decisions are limited to the peculiar circumstances considered in the cases. What is clear from a forensic review of the cases is that the primary bases for the decisions were that there was no proof of the allegations of dual citizenship.

In Ogbeide's case for example, one of the grounds of the Appellant’s petition was that the 1st Respondent was not qualified to contest as member of the National Assembly because he holds a dual citizenship. The only evidence of the dual citizenship was that the 1st Respondent incorporated a company in the United States. The 1st Respondent however averred that he has never renounced his Nigerian citizenship by birth and that all a foreign national require in incorporating a company in the United States was permanent residence and not citizenship. The court found that the evidence of dual citizenship was hearsay. At page 116 of the judgment Adeniji JCA alluded to the insufficiency of the evidence adduced to prove dual citizenship as follows:"
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
Like for Osinbajo, Share for Akinwunmi and quote for Okonjo
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by DissTroy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
Abujason:
North already had their turn.

1. Osinbajo
2. Okonjo Iweala
2. Akinwunmi Adesina

Preferably, we need someone with knowledge of Economics from the South - not another borrow-borrow Northerner.

Definitely not Osinbajo who has never been his own man, and has continuously knowtowed to godfathers (including Tinubu) publicly. He'd be more subservient than Akinwunmi Adeshina is even projected to be.

And Osinbajo, unlike the other two, isn't an economist nor does he have antecedence of leading an economic team or project to success.

His best project as V.P. was successfully sharing 10,000 naira to market women in the lead up to the 2019 elections in specific states which was veiled vote-buying.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Evercurious(f): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2021
Shooyie:

You again? You are filled with illogical hate.

Lol.... Yes me till you decide to reason properly and stopped typing rubbish. FAKE ASS PASTOR CALLED OSINBANJO NAA HIM YOU DEY MARKET... YOU NO SEE REASONABLE PEOPLE?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

You are quoting those decisions out of context
In the Ogbeide case The Appeal Court ruled on an appeal against the Tribunal decision and was not a matter of establishing Jurisprudence.
The Appeal Court's position was that insufficient proof was provided at the Tribunal to back the claim
”…The proof was based on the ipse dixir of the appellant who in fact could not give the source of his information; neither did he give the place and date of issuance of the passport, the nature of the company allegedly formed by the 1st respondent in the USA or the facts of renunciation by 1st respondent of his Nigerian citizenship …

In short the matter was decided ON THE BASIS of evidence or lack of evidence.

It is not in anyway "settled" in the way that you suggest

i couldnt believe it was you that posted this. I obviously mistook you for a typical Nairaland idiot. That you even bother to fact check clearly shows i got you wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It's Unjust To Say I'm Silent On Killings By Herdsmen - President Buhari Says / APC NWC Suspends Akeredolu For Anti-party Activities / A Politician Is A Politician PMB Inclusive (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.