Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President (24337 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by 0m0nnakoda: 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

i couldnt believe it was you that posted this. I obviously mistook you for a typical Nairaland idiot. That you even bother to fact check clearly shows i got you wrong.
Today is my day off
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by richmond500: 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
Great2017:

Is Osibanjo not part of the problem?
The problem is the leaders who neglected the youths for a long time.

The youths now feel like there is no future for them, what u are experiencing is the actions of youths who feel they have nothing to loose.

Osinbajo wasn't part of this problem
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by okefranci: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
Among those mentioned my best candidate is OSINBAJO, tested,trusted, hardworking and loyal
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by okefranci: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Great2017:

Is Osibanjo not part of the problem?
Which problem are you talking about?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

You are quoting those decisions out of context
In the Ogbeide case The Appeal Court ruled on an appeal against the Tribunal decision and was not a matter of establishing Jurisprudence.
The Appeal Court's position was that insufficient proof was provided at the Tribunal to back the claim
”…The proof was based on the ipse dixir of the appellant who in fact could not give the source of his information; neither did he give the place and date of issuance of the passport, the nature of the company allegedly formed by the 1st respondent in the USA or the facts of renunciation by 1st respondent of his Nigerian citizenship …

In short the matter was decided ON THE BASIS of evidence or lack of evidence.

It is not in anyway "settled" in the way that you suggest
The latest decision is the Akintoyes' case which was decided in 2019
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
Explicit02:
I see Tinibu pick any of these female as a running mate come 2023

AMINA MOHAMMED
NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA

Someone from the south will also pick a southerner as running mate?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

https://www./right-dual-citizens-hold-political-offices-nigeria

as I thought: ogbeide for instance was never proven to be a Dual national. the accusation was that he was a dual national because of an erroneous assumption by the that he must be an American citizen to own an American company. the case of dual nationiltty wa hearsay and not proven. Hence the case was dismissed. Not because you can acquire citizenship and contest.

excerpts:

"ontrary to popular perception, the Ogbeide and PDP cases are not conclusive authorities on the issue. The Court of Appeal decisions are limited to the peculiar circumstances considered in the cases. What is clear from a forensic review of the cases is that the primary bases for the decisions were that there was no proof of the allegations of dual citizenship.

In Ogbeide's case for example, one of the grounds of the Appellant’s petition was that the 1st Respondent was not qualified to contest as member of the National Assembly because he holds a dual citizenship. The only evidence of the dual citizenship was that the 1st Respondent incorporated a company in the United States. The 1st Respondent however averred that he has never renounced his Nigerian citizenship by birth and that all a foreign national require in incorporating a company in the United States was permanent residence and not citizenship. The court found that the evidence of dual citizenship was hearsay. At page 116 of the judgment Adeniji JCA alluded to the insufficiency of the evidence adduced to prove dual citizenship as follows:"
The court has overturned the decision in Ogbeide v Osula. You should read the full facts and holding in the Akintoyes' case.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by bewla(m): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Are you kidding me, South for both President and VP in Nigeria?
Is Okonjo iwela from osun abi ondo
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by opribo(m): 3:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
We cannot afford to risk our lives in the hands of a type nor a terrorist anymore neither do we want a gentleman or woman who wont be able to stand the test of time with the dear devil criminals.

In my humble opinion someone with mixed qualities, a little of military or worked with the military, a successful entrepreneur not the type that will latch on government funds till they die, a little bit of street training and an acafemician. That is the type of man or woman we want.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Kingstanding: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
BigSarah:
Each time I see or read people postulate osinbanjo I get confused honestly..

If Nigerians truly want osinbanjo, then that means absolutely nothing is wrong with this Buhari and Osinbajo 8 years of mis-rule.

Please don't quote me to say Osinbanjo is completely powerless, because that's false..
Even assuming it's true, is it an abomination for him to share ideas with the president that'll steer Nigeria to the path of positivity..
Or is he intentionally sitting quiet and nonchalant and watching things go extremely bad?

Or he is truly clueless and ineffective as the current administration which he is the number 2.

computer0810
0m0nnakoda
ThatFairGuy ( Naso)
Angelfrost
Paleone123
TheRareGem1
maybanks
Sleekfingers
Shooyie
GorillaApp
. I'm from South west but I will never support Osinbajo. He might be a brilliant man but I'm very sure he can never be a good administrator. The northerners will caged him the way GEJ was caged.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
0m0nnakoda:
Today is my day off

Well dont go back to work.

As for Nigeria, I have written extensively about the problems of Nigeria. IMHO In a nutshell, the root of our problem is in a constitution that was not designed to deliver progress but to deliver unity, even if a forced Unity. At some point as you say, Nigeria or its constituent parts will get it's act together, what form that Nigeria will be of if it will even be a Nigeria I dont know but i can assure you it wont be in our life time and it wont be with this constitution. The reason why Nigerians thrive abroad is because we are intelligent resourceful and rugged but it is primarily all about the system they operate in abroad. If you design a good system even a dullard will do ok. McDonalds for example have designed a system where even an idiot can deliver a burger to spec. Every country is only as good as the system it operates. You cannot produce better than what your system is capable of producing, you may have flukes but flukes by definition dont last and those who are better than the system will leave the system.

Therefore it does not matter who is president or becomes president, the system we run is only capable of delivering mediocrity like one lagos-Ibadan expressway (120km) every 16 years by which time the population of road users has overwhelmed it and other countries have leaped forward exponentially. I get involved in these discussions because they are entertaining/intriguing not because I believe any of these candidates can halt a trajectory that is clearly heading south talk less of delivering any realistic hope of a brighter future.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
SageX1444:
The court has overturned the decision in Ogbeide v Osula. You should read the full facts and holding in the Akintoyes' case.

I will
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by caracas: 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Are you OK? I am sure you are the indomie generation. Your papa and mama will bow when they meet me. Are you OK at all? Or do you want me to find you and make you repeat what you are posting here? Are you ok? Marwa. Which Marwa? Do you know how the roads in Lagos were destroyed during his time? Dont let me find you, else, your parents will prostrate and kiss my shoe. I promise you.
Indomie generation
I dey my house come meet me
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Bimpe29: 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
We have a pool of competent, versatile, dynamic and energetic persons to lead us at the center but the challenge has always been insincerity.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
Explicit02:
u re right bro
I'm only passing a message that Tinubu's vice will be a joker

How Tinubu Dey the contention self, Una no fit disagree, them tie Una brain, lol �, Wahala for that country
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by 0m0nnakoda: 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
Kingstanding:
. I'm from South west but I will never support Osinbajo. He might be a brilliant man but I'm very sure he can never be a good administrator. The northerners will caged him the way GEJ was caged.
GEJ was not caged. He was just incompetent and yes......................................clueless

Politically one can only describe his actions as self destructive.
When he came to power PDP was in charge of Ogun, Ekiti, Oyo, and Osun with Mimiko in Ondo an ally

One of the first things he did was to dismantle PDP in the SW . No one did that for him. He picked an unnecessary fight with Obasanjo, Amaechi and others. No Northerner did that for him.

His first election was won with Tinubu's tacit support and he proceeded to dock Tinubu, Harrass Dimeji Bankole , Obasanjo's daughter , Olabode George and others. It was clear he had it in for the SW for reasons best known to him and it was the SW that was his undoing.

If he had kept PDP strong in the SW we would be singing a different song today and Tinubu would have been history.
He handed the SW to Tinubu through spite and incompetence.
Simple question. Under GEJ who was the most prominent PDP member from the SW in government?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
Great2017:

You just hit the nail on the head.

How on earth would people be advocating for Osibanjo presidency when he is part of the present government that has increased poverty and suffering in the country?

Osibanjo cannot be exonerated from the woes of this government as long as he is benefiting from the government.
Honestly, the man u quoted got it all right. Intelligent yes osibanjo is an intelligent and gentleman but being involve in this administration shows that he is not better than the rest in the cabinet.
If not this useless administration I would hv rooted for baba fashola ahead of osibanjo

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:
WHy do people keep mentioning NOI. do they not know the law? NOI has disqualified herself by voluntarily taking American citizenship, she cant even be a commissioner.

Marwa: He should clear the allegation that he delivered the bomb that killed Dele Giwa

Mohammed, Adesina and Osinbajo are too civil/refined to be a president of Nigeria. Gentlemen/refined/soft leaders eventually get removed from office and their administrations are always a disaster because they are not in control........Shagari, Shonekan, Jonathan

I like your analysis, but can't we add fashola in that list? What do u hv to say about fashola?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
wesley80:

Or maybe you're just too blinded by your own bias to see the man truly has all the attributes the writer highlighted.
People hv being commenting maturely u now want to turn it into an insult
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by tnerro1(m): 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
Why Amina Mohammed?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Otiwaikuku: 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
festacman:
Many people are easily carried away by packaging rather than content.

Akinwunmi Adesina will be subservient president because like Goodluck Jonathan he has this tendency to COMPROMISE easily as well as pander helplessly to those interests that will keep him in office for 8 years. That's the problem US had with him as AfDB president. He won't implement vital reforms but will offer high-sounding initiatives with marginal results like he did when he was minister of Agriculture.

VP Yemi Osinbajo ticks all vital boxes. He can be firm and courageous like he had shown with few occasions he acted as president, which is why he was stopped from acting. He is amiable and can logically push ideas through. Even Northern elites as well young Northerners respect him for his intelligence, practicality and down-to-earth disposition. The Niger Deltans feel at home with him. If there is anybody who can package and sell ecomomic restructuring, which is necessary to unleash the potentials of Nigeria, he is Osinbajo. The reason is that he won't just talk about it but will go a long way to practically articulate roadmap and key benefits for each geopolitical zones for all to see.

And those who show limited knowledge of presidential system of government by blaming the weaknesses of the EXECUTIVE President on his APPENDAGE Vice President should read up. Joe Biden wasn't judged for successes or failures of Barack Obama presidency but on his performance on specific tasks given to him and his past personal tendencies and records.

But then, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is deeply rooted politically though his desperation and health are red flags.

You spoke but sincerely you didn't speak well.You are looking for people who are not ready and are not in the race .
Bro if Nigeria truly want to get out of the wood and get it right,If we really want development and growth of the economy,and for us to be the real gaint of Africa.We should go for SIR PETER G.OBI.
He will be the tonic the country needs for greatness.
SIR PETER GREGORY OBI
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
To crown it all, he is even the head of Nigeria economic team
Are u serious?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

I like your analysis, but can't we add fashola in that list? What do u hv to say about fashola?

Osinbajo, Amaechi, Fashola even Tinubu are all ok but I dont expect miracles from any of them just more of the same.......as a friend once said when governments change in Nigeria all that changes is that you get a new set of millionaires.

My Personal preference of the current lot would be El Rufai on the basis that the problem with Nigeria is the constitution not who is president. A southerner can never change the constitution. The constitution can only be changed by a gangster Northerner who is intelligent and far sighted enough to understand that unless the constitution is changed there will be no Nigeria for the North to rule over and gangster enough to sell it to the North and whip the votes in the house/senate. A northerner who undertsands that the Oil we are sharing is only 15% of our economy, there are more resources buried underground in the North and the Oil will soon be of no use to anybody....as it stands today it is getting more and more difficult to get international financing to execute new fossil fuel projects and it will get harder as time goes on as the West push their green agenda on everybody.

Southerners should be strategic and not emotional in the affairs of their future. The only thing that can save the south is a constitutional review. Be under no illusion no Southerner can deliver that and any southerner as President enjoys the office at the pleasure of the North and so he will not change anything because power comes from the North like it or not. Fell good factor of southern president does not deliver roads or rail or electricity of good education. Obasanjo and Jonathan were president for a combined total of over 13 years. it was a Northerner Buhari that delivered Lagos ibadan rail and Hopefully and finally lagos ibadan express. What we need in the south is not a souther president but more control over our affairs. If it is a Northerner that can deliver that, then IMHO that is the president we need irrespective of where he comes from or his religion. On the basis that no Southerner can deliver constitutional amendment, I would beam my searchlight towards a progressive Northerner. ElRufai could be that man...could!!!

Southern president for the sake of southern president is like a slave who wants to be free at all costs only to get his freedom and find out he cant do anything with his freedom because his former master owns everything...he is still a slave in everything but name.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Hakeem3(m): 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
Explicit02:
I see Tinibu pick any of these female as a running mate come 2023

AMINA MOHAMMED
NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA

Oga u see nothing !
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by geesilver(m): 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
You're not seeing clearly
He may has cataract
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by geesilver(m): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
dollynnn:
I am tired of politics in Nigeria.
At the beginning,these politicians will look like angels only to turn to something else before the story ends
That is to tell you they are all the same
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by geesilver(m): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
chloride6:
Marwa the clout chaser?

Marwa was lacks vision to see the potential for Marijuana export?

Talk another thing abeg..
Ganjer man
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by geesilver(m): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Emmypure:
I want to do giveaway
let's go there
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by dollynnn(f): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
geesilver:

That is to tell you they are all the same
Exactly! No one of them is a saint
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by geesilver(m): 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
dollynnn:

Exactly! No one of them is a saint
Who do we see with lesser evil that we can choose from
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by FakeUnity: 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
Well done, Federrick Iwabudufor, now go to your umunna kindred meeting in your hometown and present this case.

Start from the grassroot. I wan check something. grin
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by festacman(m): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
Otiwaikuku:

You spoke but sincerely you didn't speak well.You are looking for people who are not ready and are not in the race .
Bro if Nigeria truly want to get out of the wood and get it right,If we really want development and growth of the economy,and for us to be the real gaint of Africa.We should go for SIR PETER G.OBI.
He will be the tonic the country needs for greatness.
SIR PETER GREGORY OBI

I wrote based on the names mentioned in the original write-up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Triggered RUGA Alarm In Abia With Suspicious Trailer Park - Sunday Owualah / Opinion: The Way Everybody Carry Obi For Mouth Ehn / UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.