Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President (24310 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Joyce95: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2021
SSIPON:
People advocating for Osibanjo presidency, are really stupid.

We are not stupid, he will be the best president ever
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by maybanks: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2021
BigSarah:
Each time I see or read people postulate osinbanjo I get confused honestly..

If Nigerians truly want osinbanjo, then that means absolutely nothing is wrong with this Buhari and Osinbajo 8 years of mis-rule.

Newsflash: Osinbajo will be your President till 2031. Know this and know Peace
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by TheRareGem1(f): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
BigSarah:

If Nigerians truly want osinbanjo, then that means absolutely nothing is wrong with this Buhari and Osinbajo 8 years of mis-rule.

Where is the intelligence in this assertion, what the VP did during his acting days still remain fresh in many Nigerians memories. We recall how he kept the nation together, stabilize the FX untill this Baba returned. Etc.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by SSIPON(m): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
Joyce950:

We are not stupid, he will be the best president ever

Comfam joker
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Joyce95: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Osinbajo culpable to be our president 2023. Ever best
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Joyce95: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
SSIPON:

Comfam joker

grin grin grin
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Isobug: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
olaboy33:
I don't know why we keep looking far.

Osinbajo is the best man for the job.

Nigeria is in a free fall and needs someone to urgently turn things around not someone who will come in to start learning the ropes.

Osibanjo is the best pick and Nigeria is in this mess. Is he not the Vice president? Second in Command?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Moorish: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
What about a leader who comes in and enacts reforms across the public and private sectors? Reforms backed by law with a workable implementation plan?

Can you imagine a leader with balls who retires all police officers above a certain age/year of service and recruits graduates who will be trained by the British police force for a period of 2 years ?

Can you imagine a president who openly declares that he is only going to focus on power ? Then proceeds to upgrade TCN capacity to 50,000MW ?

Then after upgrading TCN, he mandates sweeping reforms across all Gencos and discos ?

Nigeria can work, just takes a leader with balls
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Damikjay(m): 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
Emmypure:
I want to do giveaway
Ok boss na
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Zeemam: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
Osinbajo 2023
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Paleone123: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
[quote author=BigSarah post=106697501]Each time I see or read people postulate osinbanjo I get confused honestly..

If Nigerians truly want osinbanjo, then that means absolutely nothing is wrong with this Buhari and Osinbajo 8 years of mis-rule. [/Not so bros. Whatever you see in Osinbanjo now is not real. This is not his real self. he is working under bondage.quote]
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Isobug: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Where is the intelligence in this assertion, what the VP did during his acting days still remain fresh in many Nigerians memories. We recall how he kept the nation together, stabilize the FX untill this Baba returned. Etc.
Oga he is part and parcel of the mess Today. Is he not the Second in command?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
Emmypure:
I want to do giveaway

Pls am waiting.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
abobote:

Are you kidding me? So once you have a duel citizenship, you are automatically disqualified from holding a position in your first country. Pls don't teach us nonsense

FYI: Chapter VI, part 1, section 137 subsection 1a of the Nigerian constitution

"137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; "

it is the same for all elective officies even commisioners and ministers

you can thank your Daddy (me) for stopping you making a fool of yourself in future by educating you.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Isobug: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
[quote author=Paleone123 post=106702117][/quote]
Then he's not a leader
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Datedoboy: 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
orohbiro:
Nigerian men are useless
On behalf of all Nigerian men I say thank you. God bless you and give you your heart desires in life.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Joyce95: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
oxygeng:
Are you MAD!

No
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Deputy1111(m): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2021
Nigeria need someone who has the capacity to control the affairs of the country, someone who can take strong steps against any misconduct, someone who is highly knowledgeable. With all this qualifications, I strongly give my vote for Osinbajo.

He has been in the system, and quite understand our needs .

Nigeria will be grateful to God if Osinbajo get to the post in 2023.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Angelfrost(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
BigSarah:

He is a vice president, basically less influential than a state governor in the national scheme of things...

If we are being honest, no VP in this nation's history has made more leadership inputs, however limited their capacities, than Osibanjo... not even the VP that became a clueless president of a fantastically corrupt nation.

He is not my first choice anyway (I will pick sound economists and technocrats over him any time, any given day), but he remains an essentially good candidate.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by airsaylongcome: 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
BigSarah:

As innn! It's shocking to separate Pastor Prof from this regime
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by BadNews: 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
No Be Small Thing
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Deputy1111(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
BigSarah:

You people failed to recognized every contributions of Osinbajo that has brought great success to this country despite the fact that he is just the vice president.

If he can have full hands to operate as the president, Nigeria will turn for better.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by airsaylongcome: 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

FYI: Chapter VI, part 1, section 137 subsection 1a of the Nigerian constitution

"137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; "

it is the same for all elective officies even commisioners and ministers

you can thank your Daddy (me) for stopping you making a fool of yourself in future by educating you.

Schooled!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Deputy1111:

He has been in the system,

so also was Jonathan, and quite frankly everyone on that list. I really dont understand Nigerians and their thought process, how they expect a product of a system to be anything other than the system that produced him and yet expect any different from the same corrupt inefficient system that produced him. it's like expecting a Buhari who rode to power on the backs of corrupt politicians to fight corruption.

I am not saying Osinbajo is a bad man, what i am saying is no one in the current political space can deliver Nigeria, they are all products of the system, the system is all they know.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
Great2017:

You just hit the nail on the head.

How on earth would people be advocating for Osibanjo presidency when he is part of the present government that has increased poverty and suffering in the country?

Osibanjo cannot be exonerated from the woes of this government as long as he is benefiting from the government.
To crown it all, he is even the head of Nigeria economic team
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by 0m0nnakoda: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
festacman:
Many people are easily carried away by packaging rather than content.

Akinwunmi Adesina will be subservient president because like Goodluck Jonathan he has this tendency to COMPROMISE easily as well as pander helplessly to those interests that will keep him in office for 8 years. That's the problem US had with him as AfDB president.
I do not know enough about him to have a strong opinion.

Where is the evidence for
1. Your claims about him
2. That the US had a problem with his "tendency" to compromise

Please GIVE ONE example of this tendency and how or why it was a problem?
Was it the US that had a problem with him or Trump? I believe that administration also had issues with Iweala

I do not see any objective or rational basis for your claims
That an idea looks attractive to you does not make it reality in the external world

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by RiceProducers: 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
Why do you want an economist (international Civil servant) for the job of President?
Do you understand the job at all?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by ThatFairGuy: 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
But you should have known there's limit to the power of vice president.

Meanwhile we all want Tinubu, you and I. He's the best man for the job
BigSarah:

Re: Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President by 0m0nnakoda: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
perambulator:

so also was Jonathan, and quite frankly everyone on that list. I really dont understand Nigerians and their thought process, how they expect a product of a system to be anything other than the system that produced him and yet expect any different from the same corrupt inefficient system that produced him. it's like expecting a Buhari who rode to power on the backs of corrupt politicians to fight corruption.

I am not saying Osinbajo is a bad man, what i am saying is no one in the current political space can deliver Nigeria, they are all products of the system, the system is all they know.
ALL NIGERIANS ARE PRODUCTS OF THE NIGERIAN SYSTEM not just those in the "Political space"
I do not understand YOUR thought process.
Nigerians who are produced by the system do well in other "systems"
Your reasoning is not very logical
The logical conclusion is we will need to be governed by Non-Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Politician Is A Politician PMB Inclusive (photo) / Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman / INEC Gives Update On 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.