Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight (24150 Views)

Tinubu Congratulates Fayemi Over Election As FORAF President / APC Suspends Kayode Fayemi Over Anti-Party Activities / Nigerians Slam Aisha Buhari Over Call For ‘Better Hospitals’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2021
Talking as if he has no children. If he has children he should talk this way and do what his necessary by charging his own children to lead at the battlefront
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by GorillaApp(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2021
bobowaja:

While others not willing will serve without pay. That doesn't seem like WILLING to me. It is a forced scheme.
Bless you. He didn't see that but rushed out to blame Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by fizzycozy(m): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2021
ANOTHER CLOWN
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by adsline: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2021
Very good response. They should recruit their children
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by deeva2: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2021
donbachi:
Why the insults on him. has any politician in Nigeria, ever spoken any positive words about the youths,before?
Same lazy youths,as called by buhari.

I blame the youths that will still campaign for this heartless man..

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by lexy2014: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:
I thought he said willing NYSC members.

If NYSC can give a willing person the opportunity to be recruited into the armed forces, won’t that be better than them trying to beg people for connection to join the army on their own?

Nigerians are now like reactants, they just react anyhow.

Are fayemis children not willing?
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Mossadd: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2021
Grayoso:

Bro don't mind them. This is why we now have a reality where probably only 0.000001% of Nigerians are capable of the critical thinking that can birth solutions.

The rest are just frustrated agberos only interested in barking insultingly and blindly at every development without engaging their brain.

If not that Buhari is clearly a 'distracted' President with his own agenda then we would have had a reformed armed forces and public institutions ages ago with focus on increasing numbers, education and professionalism to achieve greater efficiency.

It is what the very modern Presidents of Rwanda and Ghana have done to great effect. I.e brought in younger, better educated, more professional and more vigorous people into the nation's public institutions and armed forces.

In Nigeria everybody will just be barking like Bingo looking to appear the winner of the greatest insult contest. What Fayemi suggests is correct and the way forward yet Nigerians woukd rather rain insults on him blindly like savage animals. Annoying.
trash

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by lexy2014: 10:05am On Oct 14, 2021
Grayoso:

Bro don't mind them. This is why we now have a reality where probably only 0.000001% of Nigerians are capable of the critical thinking that can birth solutions.

The rest are just frustrated agberos only interested in barking insultingly and blindly at every development without engaging their brain.

If not that Buhari is clearly a 'distracted' President with his own agenda then we would have had a reformed armed forces and public institutions ages ago with focus on increasing numbers, education and professionalism to achieve greater efficiency.

It is what the very modern Presidents of Rwanda and Ghana have done to great effect. I.e brought in younger, better educated, more professional and more vigorous people into the nation's public institutions and armed forces.

In Nigeria everybody will just be barking like Bingo looking to appear the winner of the greatest insult contest. What Fayemi suggests is correct and the way forward yet Nigerians woukd rather rain insults on him blindly like savage animals. Annoying.

Kindly take his advise by enlisting in d army to fight Boko Haram

2 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by effort1: 10:05am On Oct 14, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:
If.

What this man said was any willing corp member ready to join Nigeria military should be given automatic ticket. Pls is there any graduate corp member wiling to start military career from recruit??

Why do Nigerian react more to fake news but good news are either under reportedor not cherished in this country?

Can you also provide video of where he said this?

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Mossadd: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2021
Grayoso:

On this ocassion, how is he a "selfish thinker"? Do some of you know what is going on elsewhere to include even nearby nations like Ghana?

Every Nigerian is now a foul-mouthed and totally unobjective critic today when it is crystal clear we need more critical thinkers to suggest, support and birth progressive change for a very troubled nation.

Truth is that Nigerian armed forces and institutions, like the NPF and Army, always suffer in the hands of myopic Northern leaders and accidental southern leaders to now leave them inadequate currently and badly in need of reform and professionalism.

It is abundantly clear we need to massively increase the overall number of personnel for our armed forces institution currently because the figure of policemen to citizen is appallingly unfeasible for optimal security of Nigerian lives and property . Ditto for the Army.

This would be the time to reform our armed forces holistically from top to bottom.

First renegotiate the terms of the welfare, training, remuneration and equipping of our armed forces personnel and then target a younger, better educated , more modern, more tech savvy and more efficient class of recruits.

It is the way forward and it seems to me you're the 'selfish thinker' you call others because you prefer hurling insults and talking for the sake of it than making sense and supporting viable solutions.
seems like na hunger wake you this morning thats why you keep vomiting gibberish thinking you are making sense

2 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by lexy2014: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2021
Grayoso:

Sone of you Nigerians dont even check yourselves to note you are the epitomy of "angry and frustrated" people Adesina mentioned who just lash out and insult others for the sake of it alone and not because you have a valid point or argument.

Did Fayemi not say "willing and able"? Why the vitriolic attack when he has not insisted any young Nigerian adult be drafted against their will?

Are you a child not to understand that there are 21 year old Nigerian graduates who may be happy to "wilingly" join our security forces if the centre is serious about armed forces reform ?

Arent u willing?

2 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by greatiyk4u(m): 10:11am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

Ah then Fayemi is saying nonsense.

I only read the willing part which is what I based my argument upon. Saying unwilling should be deployed shows Fayemi don dey kolo. Why him no deploy his own unwilling children.

The politicians should start by deploying their own children that’s at NYSC stage before deploying unwilling omo Olomo.

Unwilling will be deployed to do their NYSC normal without payment

Those qualified and willing
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by walozanga(m): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

If NYSC can give a willing person the opportunity to be recruited into the armed forces, won’t that be better than them trying to beg people for connection to join the army on their own?

(He added that corps members, who cannot join the military services, can serve in their communities without pay)

What did u understand by the above statement, since u think u get sense pass everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2021
Kayode Fayemi has PhD in War Studies with specialty in Civil-Military Relations.

I am not going to push away all he said, but people do not trust him cos he has tarnished his image. I know he said those "willing". But where he got it wrong was asking govt not to give those who dont want to do it allowance. Well, people can see his motive might be selfish.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:17am On Oct 14, 2021
orisa37:

He is a Professional Engineer and Politician. He is a Governor. He is also The Chairman of The Forum of NIGERIAN GOVERNORS. So stop insulting your seniors with Ekiti mentality and ignorance.
Fayemi is not an engineer, he is a political scientist

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 14, 2021
slimfit1:

Even the NYSC so much wrong doing because I don't see Hause guys in Igbo land as a youth corper.

I don dey wonder this thing too. Here in SW, I hardly see Corpers who are Northerners.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by DominionGreat: 10:22am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

Ah then Fayemi is saying nonsense.

I only read the willing part which is what I based my argument upon. Saying unwilling should be deployed shows Fayemi don dey kolo. Why him no deploy his own unwilling children.

The politicians should start by deploying their own children that’s at NYSC stage before deploying unwilling omo Olomo.

Reason you should read to full comprehension before starting or defending any argument

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by barinedan(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2021
This olodo should recruit his children and relatives, I wonder how men like gat to be leaders
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by tradepunter: 10:24am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

You are making half baked argument...

First he said willing then he contradicted himself by saying those not will should serve without pay. So does not willing should not be paid, making it a blackmail.

He's trying to be smart with words but only turned out to be useless

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Mandrake20(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2021
No mind d idiot make hin recruit hin household & generations
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Trojan8(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2021
Grayoso:

Sone of you Nigerians dont even check yourselves to note you are the epitomy of "angry and frustrated" people Adesina mentioned who just lash out and insult others for the sake of it alone and not because you have a valid point or argument.

Did Fayemi not say "willing and able"? Why the vitriolic attack when he has not insisted any young Nigerian adult be drafted against their will?

Are you a child not to understand that there are 21 year old Nigerian graduates who may be happy to "wilingly" join our security forces if the centre is serious about armed forces reform ?

You are blind to where he said those that are unwilling should do community services for free. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Highter1(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

I don’t even like Fayemi to start with.

Okay now let’s agree for the sake of argument that everyone who joins the army later in life do so due to job or frustration.

When they want to join that army later in life, they have to lobby and seek for connection, beg people, network, and etc.

I know lot of my friends that love the army and indicated their interest about joining after getting their B.tech. Most of them are part of the Man’o War in school and some of them are currently in the army as we speak. So that argument that only job frustration lead people to join the army might not be factually correct. You are mostly correct. sentimetal apart, or those that are genuinely interested and not through use of forcing nor denying them of their pay and perhaps a year or 2 year courses in the NDA NOT RECRUIT STATUS

If NYSC can give them some opportunities to have that link to join the military without much hassle, then I see nothing bad in it.

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by alizma: 10:35am On Oct 14, 2021
There is nothing wrong in that, during our service days, the captain in charge gave out his number on the parade ground and told us that anyone of us interested in joining the army should be free to reach him for guidance and assistance where necessary. Fayemi didn't say the youths should be forced into it, he said those willing can join the army.
Some ignorant people are saying that he should leave the youths to face their future in peace, where will the peace come from if we fold our hands and let Boko Haram over run our country? Go and ask Afghans youths to know how much peace will be available to enjoy when Taliban like people take over your country.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by sukar886: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2021
Useless Idiot
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2021
Mr Governor you are not too old to lead the war front in fighting boko haram and others will follow too.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Trojan8(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2021
alizma:
There is nothing wrong in that, during our service days, the captain in charge gave out his number on the parade ground and told us that anyone of us interested in joining the army should be free to reach him for guidance and assistance where necessary. Fayemi didn't say the youths should be forced into it, he said those willing can join the army.

Go and read what he said about those unwilling to join

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by PDinteriors(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by femicyrus(m): 10:43am On Oct 14, 2021
Every leader in government wants their children in military because that it surest way for them to become administrators over the people they govern without war but spoil.
Democracy changed all of that.
Now, the nobody should be in military to die in war while their own children should continue to spoil the treasury through political appointments
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by alizma: 10:43am On Oct 14, 2021
Trojan8:

Go and read what he said about those unwilling to join
Serve in there community without pay. If you have issue with that, we are in the same page but criticizing him for saying that NYSC members should be train and allowed to willingly join the military/police is what I am against.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by ajumma(m): 10:49am On Oct 14, 2021
Nigerian with sabi sabi, same military where una the lobby senators, house rep member etc to join now they plan to give it to you on the platter of Gold you the grumbles. hmmmn
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by donnie(m): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2021
Recruit NYSC to fight bokoharam? I don't even see why a reasonable southerner will enter a vehicle heading to the North in the name of serving Nigeria. Talkless of joining the army to be sacrificed for nothing.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Patson080(m): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2021
slimfit1:

Hmmmm. I've never really seen a northern copper in the East. ���

Please explain to me why I should be in a battle I am not trained for? When we have trained soldiers and DSS running after harmless citizens? If you can't convince me you are a big fool. You can't use Israel as an example because they are all one they think as one we don't here. Even the NYSC so much wrong doing because I don't see Hause guys in Igbo land as a youth corper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Means Slave Coast - Seun Kuti / Bukola Saraki Arrives Code Of Conduct Tribunal For Trial - Photos / Atiku Visits Owerri, Meets Iwuanyanwu And Others (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.