Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,096 members, 7,842,148 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight (24133 Views)

Tinubu Congratulates Fayemi Over Election As FORAF President / APC Suspends Kayode Fayemi Over Anti-Party Activities / Nigerians Slam Aisha Buhari Over Call For ‘Better Hospitals’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by vikgreen01(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
LegendHero:

I don’t even like Fayemi to start with.

Okay now let’s agree for the sake of argument that everyone who joins the army later in life do so due to job or frustration.

When they want to join that army later in life, they have to lobby and seek for connection, beg people, network, and etc.

I know lot of my friends that love the army and indicated their interest about joining after getting their B.tech. Most of them are part of the Man’o War in school and some of them are currently in the army as we speak. So that argument that only job frustration lead people to join the army might not be factually correct.

If NYSC can give them some opportunities to have that link to join the military without much hassle, then I see nothing bad in it.

God bless your knowledge. Why will someone say individuals joining the military is out of frustration or no job without examining those who have passion for it thou the former is correct in a country we find ourselves. In other countries individuals join the career they deem fit without others mocking them and even with the surplus of employment over there a lot of them still choose the career path knowing fully well of the danger that’s in the job.

Fayemi is mad for that statement. He should bring his children first before spitting that nonsense he said. I expect him to say those who are willing and able should join and leave the rest alone. With the competition that is in their selections and the numbers they will take military can’t even enlist all nysc corp member. Now u will see them taking 2-5 people per state.

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by AfonjaConehead: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
LegendHero:

How will you be recruited into the army without pay?

Mi o gbadun o. Mo need agbo jedi ati alomo lati fi pa risika layo.

To ba ti pa risikat ton,o ma fi attention pelu agbara to n ku se ipob this ogbonna that tongue
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by LegendHero(m): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

To ba ti pa risikat ton,o ma fi attention pelu agbara to n ku se ipob this ogbonna that tongue

Remove the bolded n to make the word make more sense.

Beeni buroda mi. Ti mo ba ti fo risika lenu tan, mo ma wa si Nairaland lati wa ba awon elenujawaya lati ila oorun wi.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by AfonjaConehead: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
LegendHero:

Remove the bolded n to make the word make more sense.

Beeni buroda mi. Ti mo ba ti fo risika lenu tan, mo ma wa si Nairaland lati wa ba awon elenujawaya lati ila oorun wi.

Oo get ara e sha grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by LegendHero(m): 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2021
vikgreen01:

God bless your knowledge. Why will someone say individuals joining the military is out of frustration or no job without examining those who have passion for it thou the former is correct in a country we find ourselves. In other countries individuals join the career they deem fit without others mocking them and even with the surplus of employment over there a lot of them still choose the career path knowing fully well of the danger that’s in the job.

Fayemi is mad for that statement. He should bring his children first before spitting that nonsense he said. I expect him to say those who are willing and able should join and leave the rest alone. With the competition that is in their selections and the numbers they will take military can’t even enlist all nysc corp member. Now u will see them taking 2-5 people per state.

You are 100% correct and this is exactly what I stated in my assertions. But Nairaland these days is an echo chamber and anything contrary to their ideology is flagged.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by vikgreen01(m): 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
LegendHero:

You are 100% correct and this is exactly what I stated in my assertions. But Nairaland these days is an echo chamber and anything contrary to their ideology is flagged.

Lol. Don’t mind them. Those guys hate military with passion. It’s not their fault it’s the unorganized system.

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
Trojan8:

How does this relate with forcing Corp members to join the military or work for free in communities if they choose to decline the armed forces?
I don't just understand the way people reason on this forum. Instead of calling a spade a spade, you are trying to factor in a point that has no relationship with the subject of the discussion.
Meanwhile, other commentators are ignorant but you are supposed to be the informed one.

Don't always be eager to comment without reading, it makes respond inappropriately.

=>Firstly, Fayemo was not asking FG to force anyone, “willing and able” is at the centre of his recommendation
Governor Kayode Fayemi has come under attack for urging President Muhammadu Buhari to turn National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camps into security training grounds and recruit “willing and able” graduates to join the military and the police.

=> Secondly, Compulsory one year service (NYSC) is a constitutional mandate to all graduates under 30 years of age and Nigeria is not peculiar to Nigeria alone, there are those who get involved in deep Military service including deployment. France, Brazil, S-Korea, Tunisia, Isreal, Mali, etc are example nations with compulsory military service.

Just because we dey Nairaland dey drag comment section, make everybody sabi him IQ mate o
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Trojan8(m): 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

Don't always be eager to comment without reading, it makes respond inappropriately.

=>Firstly, Fayemo was not asking FG to force anyone, “willing and able” is at the centre of his recommendation

=> Secondly, Compulsory one year service (NYSC) is a constitutional mandate to all graduates under 30 years of age and Nigeria is not peculiar to Nigeria alone, there are those who get involved in deep Military service including deployment. France, Brazil, S-Korea, Tunisia, Isreal, Mali, etc are example nations with compulsory military service.

Just because we dey Nairaland dey drag comment section, make everybody sabi him IQ mate o

Bullocks. Why are you skipping where he said that those that are unwilling would work for free?

Keep typing nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory / "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says / Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.