Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,279 members, 7,826,082 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight (24108 Views)

Tinubu Congratulates Fayemi Over Election As FORAF President / APC Suspends Kayode Fayemi Over Anti-Party Activities / Nigerians Slam Aisha Buhari Over Call For ‘Better Hospitals’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by bewla(m): 10:52am On Oct 14, 2021
slimfit1:
He is on American weed strong one.
Don't say that

First find out if he has kids at all

He who does not have your kind will not no your worth

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by emmyileri(m): 10:52am On Oct 14, 2021
Grayoso:

Sone of you Nigerians dont even check yourselves to note you are the epitomy of "angry and frustrated" people Adesina mentioned who just lash out and insult others for the sake of it alone and not because you have a valid point or argument.

Did Fayemi not say "willing and able"? Why the vitriolic attack when he has not insisted any young Nigerian adult be drafted against their will?

Are you a child not to understand that there are 21 year old Nigerian graduates who may be happy to "wilingly" join our security forces if the centre is serious about armed forces reform ?
Where he got it all wrong is others not willing to join the army should serve the community without pay. Can you accept this for your sons and daughters? To fight bandits and boko haram they themselves are sponsoring? Terrorists they give amnesty to?

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by OKOATA(m): 10:53am On Oct 14, 2021
If corpers join the Army would they be paid 30k allowance alone or 30k allowance plus soldiers salary together cos na dia wahala go de.

2 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Pharaohny: 10:55am On Oct 14, 2021
Fayemi Ogun will kill you and your generation
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Elsueno: 10:56am On Oct 14, 2021
No need, just open recruitment for police & army, civil defense etcs..Those "willing" will apply...no need to arm twist fresh graduates into things they do not fully understand.

Police should also open graduate recruitment, at least they will get fresh ideas Instead of just brainwashed cadets with regimented thinking from their police academy grin

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Nauttyprof(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:
I thought he said willing NYSC members.

If NYSC can give a willing person the opportunity to be recruited into the armed forces, won’t that be better than them trying to beg people for connection to join the army on their own?

Nigerians are now like reactants, they just react anyhow.

You only noted the willing part but didn't consider his other statement. How will you say the willing ones should go fight Boko Haram and then, say those who don't can serve their community without pay? Is combat the only means of meaningfully contributing to National development? Is this not a subtle way of saying NYSC should be turned to a combat unit?

We only have selfish leaders and this is the point. They just don't care about the masses.

4 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by adenigga(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2021
Pharaohny:
Fayemi Ogun will kill you and your generation
But......

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Tukor32: 10:58am On Oct 14, 2021
The heart of a black man is the devils abode..spits***
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Henryjr(m): 10:59am On Oct 14, 2021
He said willing NYSC members, he never said they should be recruited against their will.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Nauttyprof(m): 11:01am On Oct 14, 2021
Grayoso:

Sone of you Nigerians dont even check yourselves to note you are the epitomy of "angry and frustrated" people Adesina mentioned who just lash out and insult others for the sake of it alone and not because you have a valid point or argument.

Did Fayemi not say "willing and able"? Why the vitriolic attack when he has not insisted any young Nigerian adult be drafted against their will?

Are you a child not to understand that there are 21 year old Nigerian graduates who may be happy to "wilingly" join our security forces if the centre is serious about armed forces reform ?

Why dwell on just 'willing and able' without looking at the entirety of his message? He said willing and able Corp members should be recruited in the fight against Boko Haram while others who want to serve their communities can do so without pay. Please, is combat the only way of contributing meaningfully to your country? Also, is this not a subtle way of saying the NYSC should be converted to a combat unit?

2 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Elsueno: 11:02am On Oct 14, 2021
DavidHarry:
The nig is not totally wrong tho. He doesn't know how to portray his feeling. Dumbass politician. He could have said that joining the armed forces should be included as optional and not force any entitlement to it. This is sought of reminiscent of interior police and survey forces in attack on titan.

Dats d worst example ever, the survey corps where l literally cannon fodder, over 50% of them end up as titan food in every deployment if not getting entirely wiped out, only Levi's squad survive, because of levi...d interior police on the other hand are like extremely corrupt division who do d dirty job not cause of loyalty but money & status cheesy
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Apst: 11:07am On Oct 14, 2021
I don't know why most people think or argue blindly. According to fayemi's statement it means all corpses should either join military or serve without pay. So refusal to join the military means no payment. For those arguing to prove a point its just political lines or tribalism otherwise this is gibberish!!!!
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by TemmyT002(m): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

If NYSC can give a willing person the opportunity to be recruited into the armed forces, won’t that be better than them trying to beg people for connection to join the army on their own?

This statement is both reasonable and unreasonable

2 Likes

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by TemmyT002(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

Ah then Fayemi is saying nonsense.

I only read the willing part which is what I based my argument upon. Saying unwilling should be deployed shows Fayemi don dey kolo. Why him no deploy his own unwilling children.

The politicians should start by deploying their own children that’s at NYSC stage before deploying unwilling omo Olomo.

Now you are talking

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Brushstrokes20: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2021
Fayemi is a sadistic, bloodthirsty, self serving Lunatic
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by odoemenacelevian(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2021
He should lead by example.. Useless man
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Omodua(m): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

I don’t even like Fayemi to start with.

Okay now let’s agree for the sake of argument that everyone who joins the army later in life do so due to job or frustration.

When they want to join that army later in life, they have to lobby and seek for connection, beg people, network, and etc.

I know lot of my friends that love the army and indicated their interest about joining after getting their B.tech. Most of them are part of the Man’o War in school and some of them are currently in the army as we speak. So that argument that only job frustration lead people to join the army might not be factually correct.

If NYSC can give them some opportunities to have that link to join the military without much hassle, then I see nothing bad in it.

LegendHero!!! How many times did I call you? Don't defend the indefensible. You're too NEAT to defend this!
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by siant: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2021
[i][/i]
orisa37:

He is a Professional Engineer and Politician. He is a Governor. He is also The Chairman of The Forum of NIGERIAN GOVERNORS. So stop insulting your seniors with Ekiti mentality and ignorance.
fayemi is an engineer?
How come PhD holder in history become a professional engineer?
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Omodua(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2021
Opeyemic01:

You didn't read all he said, he also said those who are unwilling should be deployed to other areas, but they won't be paid.
Thank you for your explanations. I Hope LegendHero now know better.

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Omodua(m): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

Ah then Fayemi is saying nonsense.

I only read the willing part which is what I based my argument upon. Saying unwilling should be deployed shows Fayemi don dey kolo. Why him no deploy his own unwilling children.

The politicians should start by deploying their own children that’s at NYSC stage before deploying unwilling omo Olomo.
Exactly. Now you're talking. Disregard my other comments on you based on this.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by AsawanaDgreat: 11:31am On Oct 14, 2021
This man has taken Nigerian helm
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by LegendHero(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2021
Omodua:

Exactly. Now you're talking. Disregard my other comments on you based on this.

Yeah, I think the issue is that I only glanced through the first 2 sentence and they used “willing and able”.

But when I understood his main line of thought, I concluded Fayemi is saying nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Trojan8(m): 11:34am On Oct 14, 2021
Henryjr:
He said willing NYSC members, he never said they should be recruited against their will.

Go and read the full statement. Tired of correcting those that can't read the full news
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by GABRIEL6036: 11:34am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

Willing without pay? Shooo gbadun sha?
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by victorazy(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2021
slimfit1:
He is on American weed strong one.

grin I tell you.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys are under spell, the kind of things they spew.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Samteck10(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2021
President my foot undecided
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by AlexB300: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

well said

1 Like

Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by LegendHero(m): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2021
GABRIEL6036:

Willing without pay? Shooo gbadun sha?

How will you be recruited into the army without pay?

Mi o gbadun o. Mo need agbo jedi ati alomo lati fi pa risika layo.
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by ogwumgbe: 11:57am On Oct 14, 2021
Onepeople:
i understand your point and have to agree with some of the point you raised, i think reason for the criticism is based on where the advice is coming from, A serving governor given such advice, expect this kind of backlash, you have your own children living and schooling abroad, then turn around to advice others to send their own to war front, especially looking at the present situation of the military.

You are right to criticize the idiot governor and his media crews, don't compromise your stand. They are all vampires. He should lead by example just as the criticisms suggest. Bastards
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Neddyogu(m): 11:57am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

I don’t even like Fayemi to start with.

Okay now let’s agree for the sake of argument that everyone who joins the army later in life do so due to job or frustration.

When they want to join that army later in life, they have to lobby and seek for connection, beg people, network, and etc.

I know lot of my friends that love the army and indicated their interest about joining after getting their B.tech. Most of them are part of the Man’o War in school and some of them are currently in the army as we speak. So that argument that only job frustration lead people to join the army might not be factually correct.

If NYSC can give them some opportunities to have that link to join the military without much hassle, then I see nothing bad in it.

Then why force the unwilling ones to work for free?
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by tonychris22: 11:58am On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

Is like your head is paining you. Didn't you read the statement that said corp members not willing to join the military should be deployed to their community to serve without pain? Is it supposed to be so?
Re: Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight by Easy5265: 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
LegendHero:

And what about the other part of his statement. Oponu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Any Other Nigerian Politician Been Slapped In Public Before? / "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says / Buhari Won’t Fight Sanusi For Criticising FG – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.