Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,896 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Lamentations Of A Battered Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lamentations Of A Battered Husband (699 Views)

'I Choose Him'- Woman Battered By Her Fiancé Announces She's Going To Marry Him / What A Battered Pussy Looks Like ..pics / What A Battered Pussy Looks Like ..pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by kinglaxon: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
I have known him for two years. He's one of those distant neighbours who had tru casual interactions become a friend. In the months that we lived together in d same area and when we ocassionally ran into one another, our conversation never went beyond the usual inquiry about the weather or the offhand question: how is ur family? He was introverted, easy-going and almost self-effacing. I knw him as someone who minded his biz. That was as far as our friendship went until a year ago when I began to see him with a lady.

Once, he timidly introduced her to me as his fiancee. He re-appeared in d neighbourhood again after a month to apologise for not inviting me to his wedding. He had at d time informed me dat he would quit his self-contained apartment to a more comfortable one due to his change of status and dis was more than a year ago. Last weekend, when I again ran into my old friend at a barber's shop where I went for a haircut, he had changed a great deal

He was withdrawn and traumatised. He couldn't recognise me at first when I wave to draw his attention. He didn't radiate d freshness and robust look dat is common with newly weds. We exchanged pleasantries ind midst of the loud music frm d blarring speakers in d salon. Grabbing me by d arm like a long lost friend, he half-dragged me to a distance where he was sure that no one could eavesdrop on us. Then, in what seemed like torrents of pent-up emotions, he began:

Bros where have u been? I've been on d look out for u. You see, I hardly make friend. But I see u as someone I can confide in. My marriage has been hell and my wife is trouble personified. She has been violent since the first day we were pronounced as couples. We didn't court for a long time. But even in those few months of our courtship, I noticed she was aggressive. She once slapped a cashier over a small matter. She also slapped me once and I once narrowly escaped being bathed with hot water but I never took it seriously then. Each time she goes into a rage, I quickly forgive her. Ind last one year, she has fought me over flimpsy excuses. D last time, she slapped me ind presence of our friends at a party. The other day,out of annoyance, she sliced my arm with a razor.

He unfolded his shirt to reveal a deep but a stitched scar that ran tru his shoulder to his wrist. Almost sobbing, he went on,' I really do not knw wat to do as am very scared of her violent mood swings. Her weapons include hot water, boiling soup and kitchen knife which she throws at me like missiles. She has destroyed every gadget in d house.when she's calm, she would break down in my arms and cry profusely. What should I do now? Things have become even more complicated now that she's pregnant with our first baby.

He proceeded to show me deep scars of teeth bites, nail scratches and injury marks. It was unbelievable. Now he has taken to drinking. What advice can we give to this gentle young man in the midst of his ferocious and outrageous wife?
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Smartb0y: 2:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
Guys,the day a woman raises her voice at you talkless of slap you,SEND HER PACKING!!!
Her head will reset.
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Justbehave(m): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
I hate it when grown men in such situations say they don't know what to do.Whats so difficult in filing for a divorce in such situation? Op,let your guy stay put and maybe when she eventually kills him,he will know exactly what to do. Weak ass men everywhere.
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by AfroKnight: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
angry

I am incensed! First by her repeated wickedness and secondly by his cluelessness.

An animal like her should be alone for the rest of her life. She should not be allowed to procreate so that her madness would not perpetuate on earth.

Well, just tell him to think deeply about his priorities.

Why?

Cos married people (or people in love) never listen to good advice. If you advised him to leave, he would tell his slave master (or mistress) and she would punish him some more and maybe come for you.

He is the only one who can save himself.
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Daveambition(m): 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
In MOSDII voice.. Nigerian Girls Are Useless... All Of Them

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by lanre9ja(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is serious
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Justbehave(m): 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
This thread won't get up to 2 pages because the victim is a male.
If na woman now,we for dey for page 15.
Guys should wake up from sleep .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Sonnobax15(m): 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by anthonyuncle(m): 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
and you are still seeking for advice?
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by zexy2030(m): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Dear, this case is sensitive, I feel the lady is the provider, she is also possessed or obsessive..the only solution' which is so difficult is divorce or separation. More importantly declare himself missing. Or take her for special deliverance. Otherwise that man will die of domestic violence.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Kobicove(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
The lady that would have the temerity to slap me in my own house has not been born! undecided
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by SavageResponse(m): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
zexy2030:
Dear, this case is sensitive, I feel the lady is the provider, she is also possessed or obsessive..the only solution' which is so difficult is divorce or separation. More importantly declare himself missing. Or take her for special deliverance. Otherwise that man will die of domestic violence.

There is nothing difficult in walking away from such a terrible marriage except the man is willing to keep putting his life at risk just because he wants to remain a freeloader

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Man And A Feminist / Why Would Someone Cancel Their Friend Request Seconds After Sending One / Why Do Jamaicans Love Ghanaians So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.