Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money (27358 Views)

Boko Haram Infiltrators Working As Tailors, Mechanics, Carpenters In Abuja / Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives / Taiwo Olufemi Asaniyi About-to-wed Pilot Dies In Kaduna Crash (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by solostar1: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2021
chatinent:
It irks me to realize my weak carpenter grandfather in the village who buys trees and turns them into logs, then to chairs used for public schools will have to be paying taxes...after he pays taxes indirectly by buying the trees, transporting himself, buying machines, buying fuel, paying rents, and feeding.

In another news, after Ndubuisi gets a car for Uber on hire-purchase, after he pays taxes buying fuel, buying tickets, bribing soldiers and policemen on the road, evading accidents, and dodging more portholes than roads...he will still have to pay the extra taxes for bearing the appellation of being a taxi driver. However, those having about fifty cars for entourage alone are called senior citizens.

In saner climes, the rich understand that he pays more taxes because of more assets. In Nigeria, the rich rejoices that the poor augments their assets with their taxes.

Welcome to a country that releases budgets every year but doesn't balance accounts after the financial year.

Welcome to the Fraudral Republic of Nigeria.

co-signed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Otobong3374(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2021
Okay we should pay tax to boko haram and bandith?? You are ewahu-usa, okay What about your children that are in another man land? Call them to come and pay tax to boko haram so that they may have money to buy more weapons.........infact, you are an idiot for saying that. What about your desertrous life of corruption you created in your home land?? The money boko haram government are looting is not okay with them??
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2021
lexy2014:

How does everything u said negate this:

except u arent aware, everyone pays taxes already, either directly or indirectly

Mr/Mrs Lexy2014, (you) have the answer to your question, I’m not here to take JAMB quiz.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Even a brainless chicken knows that tax is also part of the running cost for a business owner.

what does drivers paying for tickets mean to the government? Is it Osusu contribution by drivers to government coffers? undecided.

You see the problem with you is you are a dumb literate. You should go and look up the definition of tax before you come here and disgrace yourself by trying to be clever by half.

Even on the tickets it is written as either local or state government daily tax collection, and the state revenue enforces it. undecided
We all know that when Federal government is talking about tax, it usually is income tax or profit after tax.
How they intend calculating it for artisans and taxi drivers is left for them, what you are talking about is rate , levies and licences which most people pay.

Why should bolt and uber be taxed and a street taxi not be taxed.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Ladycewhy(f): 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

We all know that when Federal government is talking about tax, it usually is income tax or profit after tax.
How they intend calculating it for artisans and taxi drivers is left for them, what you are talking about is rate , levies and licences which most people pay.

Why should bolt and uber be taxed and a street taxi not be taxed.
do Uber drivers also pay the same levies that street taxis pay to the state government as tickets?.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
do Uber drivers also pay the same levies that street taxis pay to the state government as tickets?.
Yes.
Uber as an entity pays.
What street taxis pay mostly is ticket for parks and loading fee.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Ladycewhy(f): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

Yes.
Uber as an entity pays.
What street taxis pay mostly is ticket for parks and loading fee.
Uber pays how many times in a year?
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Uber pays how many times in a year?
That's why they are a cooperate entity.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Ladycewhy(f): 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

That's why they are a cooperate entity.
my point is exactly.

Uber pays it once in a year but street taxis pay 365 days and it can be subject to increament. Despite you trying to make it seem like it's not tax , it actually is if we are to go by the definition of tax. So long as government sets the levy and it doesn't go back to the drivers in any way,then it is tax.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
my point is exactly.

Uber pays it once in a year but street taxis pay 365 days and it can be subject to increament. Despite you trying to make it s eem like it's not tax , it actually is if we are to go by the definition of tax. So long as government sets the levy and it doesn't go back to the drivers in any way,then it is tax.

Wrong what most taxis pay is motor park levy and loading fee.
Uber does not use motor parks.
Based on the route, taxis pay daily weekly or monthly to operate in a certain axis collected on behalf of the government .
Uber is registered, therefore will lower levies over a longer timeframe since its paying in bulk without middlemen.

In all this , this is not tax after profit which all business entities are required to pay.
This is running cost.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Ladycewhy(f): 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

Wrong what most taxis pay is motor park levy and loading fee.
Uber does not use motor parks.
Based on the route, taxis pay daily weekly or monthly to operate in a certain axis collected on behalf of the government .
Uber is registered, therefore will lower levies over a longer timeframe since its paying in bulk without middlemen.

In all this , this is not tax after profit which all business entities are required to pay.
This is running cost.
maybe in Lagos not in my location. I have seen the tickets

Park levy is very different from ticket collected by state government designated revenue collectors with POS .

And in my location ,it's non negotiable,it's a daily collection by state government revenue collectors. The drivers registered to parks pay a separate fee to parks as well while those not registered will those not registered with parks only to state revenue collectors, only that they risk being arrested by taskforce for parking in wrong places to pick up passengers.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Alabule: 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
APC's solution to unemployment is to conscript all young ones into the Army.
Their solution to Nigeria's economic woes is to tax everything and everyone.
If Una like make Una still vote for APC.
All of us go suffer together.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
maybe in Lagos not in my location. I have seen the tickets

Park levy is very different from ticket collected by state government designated revenue collectors with POS .

And in my location ,it's non negotiable,it's a daily collection by state government revenue collectors. The drivers registered to parks pay a separate fee to parks as well while those not registered will those not registered with parks only to state revenue collectors, only that they risk being arrested by taskforce for parking in wrong places to pick up passengers.
Location varies.
Here at oil mill eleme junction, government sells to union which then sells to drivers. This is applicable to most of rivers, Abia, delta where I've worked recently.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Ladycewhy(f): 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

Location varies.
Here at oil mill eleme junction, government sells to union which then sells to drivers. This is applicable to most of rivers, Abia, delta where I've worked recently.
The fact is government sets the rates.

A portion goes to government and the other to unions for whatever reason.

But the buttom line of it all is ,the drivers are not paying osusu they hope to get back. So it's tax so long as government collects it,wether the enforcers be unions or state government revenue workers directly employed by the government,in all there is a collection , simple.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Abdulqareem: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ila, Ifedayo, Boluwaduro make sure this is the end of this man's free mode. I swear dem for just recall this guy, make him taste how poverty bi. Yeyee person
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
The fact is government sets the rates.

A portion goes to government and the other to unions for whatever reason.

But the buttom line of it all is ,the drivers are not paying osusu they hope to get back. So it's tax so long as government collects it,wether the enforcers be unions or state government revenue workers directly employed by the government,in all there is a collection , simple.

That is not tax after profit, that is running cost.

When is tax deducted and when are levies paid.
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Ladycewhy(f): 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

That is not tax after profit, that is running cost.

When is tax deducted and when are levies paid.
Na you come know. To government it's no osusu but tax .
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by lexy2014: 6:47am On Oct 17, 2021
ElixExo:

Mr/Mrs Lexy2014, (you) have the answer to your question, I’m not here to take JAMB quiz.

if u arent here for jamb quiz, then how was all your plent grammar relevant to this simple statement:

except u arent aware, everyone pays taxes already, either directly or indirectly
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2021
lexy2014:

if u arent here for jamb quiz, then how was all your plent grammar relevant to this simple statement:

Are you mentally handicapped for real or are you just really good at pretending?
Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by lexy2014: 7:03am On Oct 17, 2021
ElixExo:

Are you mentally handicapped for real or are you just really good at pretending?

that doesnt answer d simple question:

Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2021
lexy2014:

twhy u no ansa d question?

You forgot your image, don't worry, I gotchu .

Re: Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money by lexy2014: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2021
ElixExo:

You forgot your image, don't worry, I gotchu .

"Gotchuing" me still doesnt answer d simple question:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Joins Tinubu At The Opening Of 10th Bola Tinubu's Colloquium(pics) / #EndPoliceBrutality: Falz Writes Buhari, Demands Reconstitution Of NHRC Board / Farouk Yahaya: El-Rufai Congratulates New Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.