Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment (13649 Views)

Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates / Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by CHIEFCHICKEN: 12:22am On Oct 15, 2021
seanjy4konji:
We are in a mess...Big one...let it be tonto dike or sex thread...the women would be all over the thread and the men would hop and and feminist and the bashing continues un 5 minutes...Women avoiding it like plague even...Its not BB nigeria...anything that makes sense...No..

Somehow its not as if every one is daft,,me for one,cant wait to change enviroment where after settling down,forums like this with zero impact with my surroundings will be avoided unless necessary...idleness still deh make man come here...when you meet new people and your plate if=s full..all this nigerians who adore rubbish to things of worth can have a field day in this shithole.

Check the last 5 pages on Nairaland and i bet you cant see a topic about excelence in education or innovation from our youth or how to put
astop to foreign embassies even collecting money without visas or refund..big brother news,dabido and ko all day and night...efcc arrest yahoo boys...igbo boy caught with cocaine...nothing to inspire and keep feeding the mind with the dirts of the country

So true
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by chukxie(m): 1:10am On Oct 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You think chinese people care about LinkedIn. Linkedin is dead in China.

In China there are lot of LinkedIn competitors.

You are right. Chinese folks who use LinkedIn are those who are searching for jobs overseas or in foreign owned companies on the Chinese mainland, in Hongkong or Macau; and for Chinese suppliers with foreigner customer base - something platforms like Taobao, Made-in-China.com, Tmall, JD.com, Pingduoduo, Alibaba...are already doing.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by chukxie(m): 1:14am On Oct 15, 2021
Ochys87:

Bleep ur nonsense human right, [b]Chinese citizens has more rights than ur so called human rights [/b]United States that goes round the world conducting regime change and bombing sovereign nations that doesn't want to b subordinate to the United States

@ the emboldened. Do you live in China?
You're right about the nonsense the US. does though.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by JackWolfskin: 1:38am On Oct 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

When did Chinese suppliers became jobseekers or professionals?

If chinese professionals use LinkedIn then why is LinkedIn closing down in China?

Btw, Chinese suppliers that write English are on every social media looking for business.

LinkedIn is closing because of censorship. Read to understand.

...and stop shifting goalposts!

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Karnice600: 1:41am On Oct 15, 2021
crackhaus:

This is exactly how all world powers (past and present) became world powers.

China is on the right track.

Smh.
All these nairaland teenagers eh.
Oya wear your pant, carry your toys and run to naija entertainment section. Go and play with daddy boy and junior.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Rewawriters01: 5:18am On Oct 15, 2021
We spend 4 to 6 years in the university studying, only to come out to look for job and sometimes we don't get that job.

Even if we get the job, we are being underpaid.

Life in Nigeria now is very hard that even if you are being paid N100,000 you will still struggle to survive.

How many people even get paid such an amount.

For you to survive in Nigeria you need a high paying skill to solve high paying problems.

And copywriting is one of them.

Copywriting is using the power of the written words to start, enhance or extend a relationship in sales.

Everything you see around you today are product of copywriting.

Facebook ads, bill boards, Tv adverts Radio jingles, magazines, to mention a few.

With Copywriting you work with foreign clients and get paid in dollars.

Just imagine being paid a whooping $500 just to write a letter.

That is about N250,000, and you can do this in less than 24 hours.

But what if i tell you that you can become a copywriter in 3 months with the right training and dedication?

Would you like to tap from this ever growing industry?

I would be holding a 3 day free class in Copywriting and LinkedIn marketing starting on Monday 18th of Oct.2021.

Send a whatsapp message to this no. to join for free.

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Rewawriters01: 5:22am On Oct 15, 2021
China is loosing out.

LinkedIn is an app where you can meet real people..

Top CEOs and Hr for jobs.

If you are yet to start your journey on LinkedIn I can help you get there.

I will be hosting a 3 day free LinkedIn marketing and Copywriting training on a closed WhatsApp group..

Send a message to this no. to join for free..

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Rewawriters01: 5:29am On Oct 15, 2021
Impregnable101:
I had a conversation about nairaland with my elder brother few weeks ago and he asked me how much are they paying u for creating a topic on nairaland, i told him nobody is paying anyone for creating a topic here & he was really disappointed grin

Then again he asked "okay, how much dem dey pay for 'first to comment'? I told him no payment for that too and he exclaimed "then why people come dey celebrate first to comment even dey ask weda make dem send account details" grin grin.

U need to see the disappointment in his face

But you can create a post on Nairaland that can generate leads and also get you handsome reward..

The goal is to be smart and not jubilate over insignificant things that don't pay, like first to comment.

Nairaland has given so many people great opportunities.

If you want to learn how to create content on Nairaland that can help you generate income, you can reach out to me.

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by murphyibiam15(m): 6:43am On Oct 15, 2021
Impregnable101:
I had a conversation about nairaland with my elder brother few weeks ago and he asked me how much are they paying u for creating a topic on nairaland, i told him nobody is paying anyone for creating a topic here & he was really disappointed grin

Then again he asked "okay, how much dem dey pay for 'first to comment'? I told him no payment for that too and he exclaimed "then why people come dey celebrate first to comment even dey ask weda make dem send account details" grin grin.

Cock and bull story
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Karnice600: 8:57am On Oct 15, 2021
HigherEd:
China by itself will ruin its own path to world power through her excessive demand for control.
Exactly.
I've always told people that China's rapid rise is towards her rapid fall. She only copied to rise, not learn.
The world is open to give China an opportunity to gain from her resources while China won't let the world access her potentials in return. They shut others out while others open up to them.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Karnice600: 9:06am On Oct 15, 2021
Unbiased1:
Hope the world can see how China's laws have frustrated all the social Media companies from the US. China has banned Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Wikipedia etc and now Microsoft has stopped LinkedIn from operating in China due to stringent laws and policies. When Trump was imposing heavy tariffs on Chinese imports, his haters were condemning him.
US will still revenge in it's own way, that's for sure. China should continue in this part, a new North Korea will soon be born.

Lol.
China is a rich version of North Korea. North Korea is an impoverished version of China.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Karnice600: 9:30am On Oct 15, 2021
Ochys87:

Bleep ur nonsense human right, Chinese citizens has more rights than ur so called human rights United States that goes round the world conducting regime change and bombing sovereign nations that doesn't want to b subordinate to the United States

All these nairaland naira marlic teenagers that put swag before sense sef.
Stay off world related news and matters.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by TruthUntold: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2021
nwajesus12:
China wan emulate North Korea for hostility, na them go tire sha. Dwarf dictators angry

well done Mr giant, oya enumerate your life achievements sharperly with proof or forever stay silent and accept you're a (giant and) jobless keyboard warrior, mtchewww.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by nwajesus12(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2021
TruthUntold:

well done Mr giant, oya enumerate your life achievements sharperly with proof or forever stay silent and accept you're a (giant and) jobless keyboard warrior, mtchewww.
Bleep you bro, dwarf
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by AlphikkaTech: 9:41am On Oct 15, 2021
Impregnable101:

I thought Nairaland pays for first to comment Lol. The hype is just unnecessary.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Impregnable101: 10:12am On Oct 15, 2021
AlphikkaTech:

I thought Nairaland pays for first to comment Lol. The hype is just unnecessary.
that's how you know nairaland kids. I mean, how can they be celebrating first to comment

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2021
JackWolfskin:

LinkedIn is closing because of censorship. Read to understand.

...and stop shifting goalposts!

You don't know what you are typing

What censorship?, is LinkedIn a political platform.

The business model collapsed, local competitors took over and localised their own platform, LinkedIn couldn't adapt.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by JackWolfskin: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You don't know what you are typing

What censorship?, is LinkedIn a political platform.

The business model collapsed, local competitors took over and localised their own platform, LinkedIn couldn't adapt.

You clearly lack comprehension skills or being purposely an ass wipe. GTFOH!!!

The Microsoft-owned company announced on Thursday that it was closing down the localised version of its popular networking website after “facing a significantly more challenging operating environment and greater compliance requirements in China”.

Several human-rights activists and writers who focused on China have had their profiles blocked in the country in recent months for posting “prohibited content” according to the company.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
JackWolfskin:

You clearly lack comprehension skills or being purposely an ass wipe. GTFOH!!!

So because several human right profiles were blocked, so that is enough reasons for a company to wake up and pack.

Since you can't reason beyond the fake things written in that article, let me help.

When LinkedIn entered china 6 years ago, they met lot of competitions in the market. Many of the local competitors were localised to suit chinese users, while LinkedIn didn't adapt.

Sales of LinkedIn subcriptions were falling which affected their revenue. The business wasn't sustainable again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by shotuns: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ah, what retaliation would that be? My understanding is more than a 100 foreign websites have been shut down by the Chinese Government themselves, I think they will be glad rather than getting angry. They never wanted any foreign influence on their growing population. If you weren't aware , English language teaching by foreigners is one of the just abolished in China a month ago . Here is a reference ...

Last Updated: 12th September, 2021 15:49 IST
China Stops Usage Of English In Educational Institutions To Counter 'Western Influence'
China is rejecting the use of the English language in its educational institutions as part of a battle against Western influence.

NwaNimo1:
Awaiting China's retaliation.......

[img]https://media1./images/8449c89b2a5a67af4d98b99a8e403eee/tenor.gif?itemid=21379361[/img]
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by HonNL: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 11:41am On Oct 16, 2021
SmartPolician:
Indeed, China is increasingly shutting itself from the rest of the world. It's becoming clearer why Chinese are migrating to the UK, US and Canada in their thousands.

The Chinese government claims to be lifting its people out of poverty, but what's the essence of being comfortable when you don't have fundamental human rights to enjoy your money like your counterparts in the rest of the world?

LinkedIn should come to Nigeria...Nigerian youths need real tech jobs grin

chinese job websites provide better jobs to chinese ppl. they dont need any english websites.

all those oversea chinese sent by their companies to work in foreign countries , are rectuited from websites Zhilian智联, Qianchengwuyou前程无忧.

i mean , those chinese you see by your own eyes in nigeria who you guys treat like gods , are hired through chinese job websites.

and china has no less high tech companies than the West. why bother to look for a job through an english website ? chinese are not digital slaves to the West

and , google was kicked out of china , due to its failure at competition with its china counterpart, Baidu. It was a commercial game, not a political one. same as ebay, amazon..... all killed by the chinese local competitors.

in china, 0% chinese hear of the name of Likden. It matters nothing whether It is dead or not in china.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Common Interview Mistakes That Can Cost You A Job / National Assembly Service Commission / Malaria Consortium Latest Job Recruitment (13 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.