Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,095 members, 7,849,423 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment (13667 Views)

Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates / Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 11:45am On Oct 16, 2021
angelfallz:
China would just create their own.

chinese already have tons of job websites. otherwise, how come they recruit the employees working in chinese companies all over the world ? you think those chinese masters in nigeria are really hired from "jails" ?
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2021
crackhaus:

This is exactly how all world powers (past and present) became world powers.

China is on the right track.

china has not yet reached its Power status, how come It decline in a "post-Power" situation ?

if china is a Power , you guys will speak chinese and not make a fuss over an english job website

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
safesurfer:

Name them.

前程无忧 qisnchengwuyou
智联zhilian
中华英才zhonghuayingcai
58同城
猎聘 .....

tons of job websites and social media in china.

according to anti-Trust law, even the social media is broken into 5 and even more competitors in china.. (bilibili, tiktok, kuaishou,haokan, tudou ......) . It is the West that colonize the world and turn the ppl into brainwashed zombies by forcing the only social media,Youtube.

china is diversity, and you know how those chinese masters get their jobs in nigeria ? from zhilian and qianchen.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2021
chukxie:

You are right. Chinese folks who use LinkedIn are those who are searching for jobs overseas or in foreign owned companies on the Chinese mainland, in Hongkong or Macau; and for Chinese suppliers with foreigner customer base - something platforms like Taobao, Made-in-China.com, Tmall, JD.com, Pingduoduo, Alibaba...are already doing.

No, chinese do NOT look for a job on any foreign language website.

linkden has been in a limbo situation on china internet before this coup de grace. i am surprised that some one calls up a zombie and kills it again.

chinese look for jobs in chinese websites. foreign companies running business in china , chinese companies running business in foreign countries, all recruit from chinese websites. they DO write in english if that job is language related.

who will use linkden in china? doing business with chinese, you need speak perfect chinese and lots of local relationship. you think a 20 year old chinese kid speaking english , introducing himself to a foreign company who intends to invest in china , will pull it off ?
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2021
Rewawriters01:
China is loosing out.

LinkedIn is an app where you can meet real people..

Top CEOs and Hr for jobs.

If you are yet to start your journey on LinkedIn I can help you get there.

I will be hosting a 3 day free LinkedIn marketing and Copywriting training on a closed WhatsApp group..

Send a message to this no. to join for free..

in the Fortune Top 500, mainland china has 124 companies, besting second place Usa with 109 .

yup, the CEOs are looking for the employees, but the company owners are chinese.

nobody knows who are the "real" ppl you mean.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
Karnice600:

Exactly.
I've always told people that China's rapid rise is towards her rapid fall. She only copied to rise, not learn.
The world is open to give China an opportunity to gain from her resources while China won't let the world access her potentials in return. They shut others out while others open up to them.

why would china let the world "access" its potentials ? what potentials ? chinese sp erm ? chinese health insurance and pension and green card ? chinese technology?

if copy can make a country "rise" , why not you guys copy too ? the West colonized africa and india for a long time. all these locals speak english and share a father and son relationship with the patronizing West , based on the ideology of freedom and democracy..

why africa and india still fail at copying ? Is It harder to copy a shoe making than to copy english language ?
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You don't know what you are typing

What censorship?, is LinkedIn a political platform.

The business model collapsed, local competitors took over and localised their own platform, LinkedIn couldn't adapt.

linkden has NEVER been any model on china's online job websites.

the earliest ones are 中华英才, every college student knew it in early 21st century in china when internet was introduced to china .

later the battle between 智联and前程无忧 was epic. the former has won eventually by its scrutinizingly culling out the desperate job seekers who apply billions of jobs every day and raised itself as an creditable job website providing “elite” jobs.

MOST chinese working in chinese companies in nigeria get their imterviews from 智联.

linkden is a nuisance, just like microsoft MSN 15 years ago in china, defeated by QQ, the former version of wechat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
igbesachick:

前程无忧 qisnchengwuyou
智联zhilian
中华英才zhonghuayingcai
58同城
猎聘 .....

tons of job websites and social media in china.

according to anti-Trust law, even the social media is broken into 5 and even more competitors in china.. (bilibili, tiktok, kuaishou,haokan, tudou ......) . It is the West that colonize the world and turn the ppl into brainwashed zombies by forcing the only social media,Youtube.

china is diversity, and you know how those chinese masters get their jobs in nigeria ? from zhilian and qianchen.

Point noted. However, I don't think the west is forcing their products on other nations. A notable example is twitter in Nigeria, which has been temporarily suspended.

Some Chinese owned social media apps also compete shoulder to shoulder with other western owned ones, like Xender and TikTok.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Karnice600: 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
igbesachick:

why would china let the world "access" its potentials ? what potentials ? chinese sp erm ? chinese health insurance and pension and green card ? chinese technology?

if copy can make a country "rise" , why not you guys copy too ? the West colonized africa and india for a long time. all these locals speak english and share a father and son relationship with the patronizing West , based on the ideology of freedom and democracy..

why africa and india still fail at copying ? Is It harder to copy a shoe making than to copy english language ?

Good question. Africans only copy the pleasures of the west rather than her principles for productivity.

This is what I meant by Chinese potentials :
There are foreign companies here in Nigeria, who do businesses, enhance quality of living, create jobs for citizens and give back to the Government. They can never thrive if the FG policy on them is extremely demanding, violating their corporate terms.
China on the other hand has a government that defies democratic principles and tightens the space for fair, healthy operations from foreign companies. Recently, LinkedIn just discontinued her services in mainland China due to strict government censorship and demands that go against her policies.
You fit come my place come play ball, no wahala. But when I go your place, we go see Rambo for chain for you compound. Remove Rambo make we fit play better ball, you say Rambo Dey do e work, e no fit bite us if ball no hit am.
That’s what I mean. Leveled playing ground for all.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2021
safesurfer:

Point noted. However, I don't think the west is forcing their products on other nations. A notable example is twitter in Nigeria, which has been temporarily suspended.

Some Chinese owned social media apps also compete shoulder to shoulder with other western owned ones, like Xender and TikTok.

the West has forced the world to be the colony, and speak english (or French).

maybe the recent few generations of the West are innocent. but they are lying on the laureatte by harvesting what their grandfathers or grand grand fathers done to the world.

same to the dollar supremacy. no one forces any country to adopt dollars as the hard currency, It looks like the world voluntarily being the follower. but without the white supremacy hardened by centuries of colonialism , there will be no british hegemony, and thus no america as Uk's successor.

back to West "products", they defimitely utilize their language advantage to pressurize china. i mean, especially the internet products, whose users must adopt a language before the use. it is not like a pair of shoes , anyone speaking any language can wear it.

Tiktok is a perfect example of the dirty unfair game played to china. It should be downloaded from google, right ? google is a west product. how can you expect it be objective ? google owns youtube. tiktok is a competitor of youtube.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
Karnice600:

Good question. Africans only copy the pleasures of the west rather than her principles for productivity.

This is what I meant by Chinese potentials :
There are foreign companies here in Nigeria, who do businesses, enhance quality of living, create jobs for citizens and give back to the Government. They can never thrive if the FG policy on them is extremely demanding, violating their corporate terms.
China on the other hand has a government that defies democratic principles and tightens the space for fair, healthy operations from foreign companies. Recently, LinkedIn just discontinued her services in mainland China due to strict government censorship and demands that go against her policies.
You fit come my place come play ball, no wahala. But when I go your place, we go see Rambo for chain for you compound. Remove Rambo make we fit play better ball, you say Rambo Dey do e work, e no fit bite us if ball no hit am.
That’s what I mean. Leveled playing ground for all.

Hell No. nigerian corruptive officials are more compliant to foreign investors. the money the investors pay to bribe is a petty fraction to the whole company income. after the bribe, the investors can violate ALL human rights of the nigerian locals.

on the contrary, china at least has bottom lines.

honestly speaking , no one knows linkden in china. literally, no one !

in china,there is no political influence when business is afoot. business is business. every chinese know 智联and前程无忧,because they provide millions of ACTUAL jobs and the all the employers , domestic or foreign , all use these 2 giants to recruit ppl.

there are more minor competitors .

linkden ? It makes its name heard of for the first time by its exit. another funny clown from the West . at least chinese knew google and ebay before they were ousted out of china by their competitors.. but this time, no one even know linkden. what an embarrassment! politicizing It looks best decent way to back out for the West
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by nokspos: 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
usa is a very complex country, i will never understand why trump was a bad president for them . to me, the guy was more than perfect
Unbiased1:
Hope the world can see how China's laws have frustrated all the social Media companies from the US. China has banned Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Wikipedia etc and now Microsoft has stopped LinkedIn from operating in China due to stringent laws and policies. When Trump was imposing heavy tariffs on Chinese imports, his haters were condemning him.
US will still revenge in it's own way, that's for sure. China should continue in this part, a new North Korea will soon be born.
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by Karnice600: 2:32am On Oct 17, 2021
igbesachick:

Hell No. nigerian corruptive officials are more compliant to foreign investors. the money the investors pay to bribe is a petty fraction to the whole company income. after the bribe, the investors can violate ALL human rights of the nigerian locals.

on the contrary, china at least has bottom lines.

honestly speaking , no one knows linkden in china. literally, no one !

in china,there is no political influence when business is afoot. business is business. every chinese know 智联and前程无忧,because they provide millions of ACTUAL jobs and the all the employers , domestic or foreign , all use these 2 giants to recruit ppl.

there are more minor competitors .

linkden ? It makes its name heard of for the first time by its exit. another funny clown from the West . at least chinese knew google and ebay before they were ousted out of china by their competitors.. but this time, no one even know linkden. what an embarrassment! politicizing It looks best decent way to back out for the West

Did you just say in China there is no political influence when business is afoot?
''Another funny clown''..,Okay. Now I get it. You're emotional about this. It's hatred for the West.
It was nice sharing anyway. Cheers!
Re: Microsoft Shuts Down Linkedin In China, Citing Unsafe Environment by igbesachick: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2021
Karnice600:

Did you just say in China there is no political influence when business is afoot?
''Another funny clown''..,Okay. Now I get it. You're emotional about this. It's hatred for the West.
It was nice sharing anyway. Cheers!

compared to other parts of the world, yes, china's business is most clean from its politics.

whatever, that is my opinion,you can disagree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For Andela Learning 2017 Program – Learn Android Development For Free / Is Pro-global Integrated Service Fake? / Lagos State Teaching Jobs July 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.