Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only (35660 Views)

How I Spend My 63k Monthly Salary Yet I Am Tagged A Bad Boyfriend / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Oyerinde16(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
Don't let anyone deceive you, you do not have a savings problems, the issue is the salary is too small...#25k is $50, as it stands you are living on less than $1.80 a day, meaning you are living far below the poverty line. You need to wake up, use a large share of your money to look for better jobs, upgrade your skill, add value to yourself, market yourself. The job you earn #25k for, someone is doing that exact same job and earning #250k. You need to move to those places. Don't let someone come and use #25k to tie down your destiny... 3yrs no be beans...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by adelaja70(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
michlins:
I don't mean to insult you but you and sense are far from each.

How do you want him to save from that meager salary
He can if he's determined... He just need to back foodstuffs in bulk... Since he's alone and he doesn't pay for any other things. I believe the guy is not saying the truth... Food cheap for Osun state.. I schooled there.. OAU ILE IFE
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by frozen70(f): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:
I earn 25k monthly,i use almost of it to buy food, and to fill my gas

Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

This is not a life i wanted, help me guys

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends

Even if you are living in a free house and dinner is free, you can't make any savings with such amount

Even a new born or infants, they consume more than that salary a month

Seat your parents down with prove of your salary like alert let them know that this is what you earn per month, probably they don't know

That you are not finding it easy and you need their advice on how to start saving

They will be too weak y
to advice you because, that amount is not even enough to contribute to them as monthly allowance, assuming you are leaving with them

In your own part, you have to learn how to eat to live, not live to eat

You can combine breakfast and lunch at 11am then dinner by 5pm

Don't keep friends that will create cost for you

Manage yourself to the last drop and think of alternate ways of getting a plan be

In all, you are realy trying to live within your salary

2 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by sonnie10: 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So $1.00 a day for food and $20 for toiletries and transportation each month? undecided
You think that is a lot? undecided

We are not taking about dollars here. Even in USA people earn $10/hr. If you calculate it,, that is about $400 for 40 hour a week job. After tax is might be like 2$70 take home.

Now for those people, $7 a meal fast food time 3 is $21 day. Which is $147 a week. They still have to pay for gas to work and other bills,

Its not easy anywhere for minimum wage earners, that is the truth

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Jayrow08: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
This guy dey bet big time
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
sonnie10:
We are not taking about dollars here. Even in USA people earn $10/hr. If you calculate it,, that is about $400 for 40 hour a week job. After tax is might be like 2$70 take home.

Now for those people, $7 a meal fast food time 3 is $21 day. Which is $147 a week. They still have to pay for gas to work and other bills,

Its not easy anywhere for minimum wage earners, that is the truth
This doesn't make any sense to me nor does it compare in anyway to this OP's situation. undecided

Now back to this guy, he currently has a monthly living budget of about $50, and you are saying what Now? undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
Oyerinde16:
Don't let anyone deceive you, you do not have a savings problems, the issue is the salary is too small...#25k is $50, as it stands you are living on less than $1.80 a day, meaning you are living far below the poverty line. You need to wake up, use a large share of your money to look for better jobs, upgrade your skill, add value to yourself, market yourself. The job you earn #25k for, someone is doing that exact same job and earning #250k. You need to move to those places. Don't let someone come and use #25k to tie down your destiny... 3yrs no be beans...
Abi oo! undecided

Living on $50 a month, no be say person dey lie down all month long or something like that. How much can you pinch on just $50 a month. undecided

However, the catch is that he lives for free in his apartment because of his job. undecided

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by sonnie10: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This doesn't make any sense to me nor does it compare in anyway to this OP's situation. undecided

Now back to this guy, he currently has a monthly living budget of about $50, and you are saying what Now? undecided
The common theme in both is; Minimum wage anywhere is not a living wage.
Why are you calculating his salary in dollars, is he living in America with you?
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by meeketta: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends
Put a knife on your throat, if you like enjoyment.

I earn 20k every month, but i try my best to save 5k monthly.
How do I do this?
I have created a bank account that I don't have access to withdraw from it, no ATM, not even a Sim card (i broke the Sim card)
try this one
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
sonnie10:

Why are you calculating his salary in dollars, is he living in America with you?
Is there a law against reviewing the amount in dollars or something? undecided

Does doing so change anything of what has so far been stated by the Op about his situation? undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2021
meeketta:
Put a knife on your throat, if you like enjoyment.
I earn 20k every month, but i try my best to save 5k monthly.
How do I do this?
I have created a bank account that I don't have access to withdraw from it, no ATM, not even a Sim card (i broke the Sim card)
try this one
Do you live in the exact same state and neighborhood the Op lives in? undecided

I hope this isn't the case of someone who lives somewhere in Ekiti comparing himself to someone else in Ibadan? undecided

3 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Mypeople2(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save My guy that your money nor reach anything.. So don't kill yourself over that .Aim at increasing your pay

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by vickydevoka(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2021
lilvicky68:

Try and stop it .
Till I leave Nigeria. Bcus I'm always indebted. Currently 50k
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by vickydevoka(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
YoungRay007:
With the level of poverty in Nigeria, I would just borrow 100k from one of this loan app and run to Ghana or Cameroon
De won't give u. Na b4 way Dem start new. 9ja nack Dem. Now Dem do get sense. De look at your bank statement. Unless u been work for big company b4 way Dem de use ur account transact business.

My guy collect 100k during COVID-19 till today. Dem give ma base on say de account don carry huge money b4.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
sonnie10:

The common theme in both is; Minimum wage anywhere is not a living wage.
Wrong ! There is no common theme. You cannot compare minimum wage by American standards to minimum wage Nigerian standard. undecided
You can't even compare affordability of food in one country to the other. undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by ijames: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
Some people here commenting noises don't go to market, pay rent.. And they receive monies from uncle, aunty and even their parents...my guy even 100k no go anywhere unless ure not living in PH, abj or Lagos.
The main thing is to look for other ways to make more money.

3 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by vickydevoka(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
YoungRay007:
With the level of poverty in Nigeria, I would just borrow 100k from one of this loan app and run to Ghana or Cameroon
De won't give u. Na b4 way Dem start new. 9ja nack Dem. Now Dem do get sense. De look at your bank statement. Unless u been work for big company b4 way Dem de use ur account transact business.

My guy collect 100k during COVID-19 till today. Dem give ma base on say de account don carry huge money b4.

Make sure say ur papa n mama na waatsaup people o. Dem go disturb Dem tire. My mama go just block u
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by sonnie10: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Is there a law against reviewing the amount in dollars or something? undecided

Does doing so change anything of what has so far been stated by the Op about his situation? undecided

Yes. Converting it to dollar brings another perspective of unfair comparison into the matter.
If you make that comparison, then I am at liberty to compare his situation with that of burger flipper in the US.

2 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Microwhy: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:
If you don't change now, you're playing with typical poverty.
Why would a young man be only concern about eating. If you're a graduate, change your work.
If you're not, get a lucrative skill and go get a better job.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
sonnie10:
Yes. Converting it to dollar brings another perspective of unfair comparison into the matter.
If you make that comparison, then I am at liberty to compare his situation with that of burger flipper in the US.
That's is all in your imagination! undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by komols856: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

Join our real estate company to make more money.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by sonnie10: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That's is all in your imagination! undecided
Which imagination. How much is a meal at Burger King or McDonald’s? It about $8 plus tax.
How much is rent for a room? Even if you have a room mate, it cannot be less than $300 for each person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by RichAbujaGuy: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
Op, pray and work hard to get out of the poverty mindset and conditions. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHJjyd9NuTs

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Munzy14(m): 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Won't you help me fight if they want to beat me?
Until that time..grin

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
komols856:

Join our real estate company to make more money.

please how can i join, hope it doesn't involve me paying any registration form
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Yhummer619(m): 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
remove 15k frm ur salary go to market not dis street sellers, but ur foodstuff there nd when u cook in d morning ensure it remains at least u will eat d remaining one when u r bk frm wrk
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Funkybabee(f): 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2021
Food is expensive, shey like that in Osun no

Olounje ya you better quickly wake up.

Try to cook and budget your food expenses

10k is okay for you to eat alone no matter what,

You can't take more that 4 spaghetti in a month. 1300
Rice 2 Congo's. 1800
Beans 2 Congo's. 2000
Garri 3 Congo's. 750
Semo 2kg. 1100
Yam 700
Gas. 2000
Provision. Milo & cowbel 1000
Stew & transport. 4000

I don't know what else you do eat but aleast save 10k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Princeadebayo11(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2021
Oga go learn Yahoo yahoo. Dem plenty for Osun State

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Commentor: 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
Omoluabi16:
You can't live on 25k, much more make some savings out of it. Best you hope for and actually see better days.. a better job.

I'm surprised someone's telling him to save.

Guy should upgrade not save at this point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Princeadebayo11(m): 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
Funkybabee:
Food is expensive, shey like that in Osun no

Olounje ya you better quickly wake up.

Try to cook and budget your food expenses

10k is okay for you to eat alone no matter what,

You can't take more that 4 spaghetti in a month. 1300
Rice 2 Congo's. 1800
Beans 2 Congo's. 2000
Garri 3 Congo's. 750
Semo 2kg. 1100
Yam 700
Gas. 2000
Provision. Milo & cowbel 1000
Stew & transport. 4000

I don't know what else you do eat but aleast save 10k
I love this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
sonnie10:

Which imagination. How much is a meal at Burger King or McDonald’s? It about $8 plus tax.
How much is rent for a room? Even if you have a room mate, it cannot be less than $300 for each person.
Again, whatever perspective you claim it opened up is all in your imagination and so I can't help you in any any with that. undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Gunboysavage(m): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Boss grin calm down na.. The guy fit go do money
ritual because of your words oo
chatinent:

It is because there is sb you believe who is always willing to lend you.

Na food you come this life come chop? Ị kpebiri igbu onwe gị, chukwu nnam ehhh!

At a point in my life, I was paying my rents, bills, had a brother staying with me and I was paid ₦12k monthly. I had no one to lend me money.

Hello my brother,
I will not lie to you, neither will I mince words nor patronise you...thank God on Sunday I sha don't know you in person. cry

If the company provides accommodation for you...which translates that you don't pay rents, ekwesiri iji ntu kukasiagi isi!

I am not saying ₦25k is too big...but damn it, I read a post of a noble man here who is married and probably with kids now surviving on ₦35k monthly...ginwa họọrọ ịbụ onye na -eri oké nri. I don't think it's even because you wallow in gluttony...onu uto akugbola gi!

What nonsense! What akpiridacity!

If you aren't Igbo to understand what I am typing, na your problem.

I am catering for four of my siblings staying with me with nobody to borrow from, or an extra hand. The key is buying things in bulk. Avoid onu uto! Learn to drink water while you eat...eat small, drink water small! Six wraps of fufu does not mean you have made it in life...people eating two haven't died finish! Hapu umu agbogho!! cry

Better diverse your income and stop living a scavenger life or start making a scale of preference before ma pata gi aka.

Lalasticlala, come and carry your brother before I lose my temper.

Well, I'll add more things since you decided to update the thread with the below:

You need to stop depending on one source of income then!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Post Your Complaints In Here : Please Get It Off Your Chest / Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) / Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.