Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only (35719 Views)

How I Spend My 63k Monthly Salary Yet I Am Tagged A Bad Boyfriend / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by meeketta: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Do you live in the exact same state and neighborhood the Op lives in? undecided

I hope this isn't the case of someone who lives somewhere in Ekiti comparing himself to someone else in Ibadan? undecided
I live in cross river state, and I must confess, things are very cost there
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Wanny20(m): 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
Una dy craze with Una stupid advice.. How can 25k sustain one for a month and u ppl are shouting save. Save what kwanu? Before u buy detergents, ingredients for food, foodstuffs itself, transport, normal life day to day expenses u are already broke on the 16th of that same month nobody go teach u wen u go go comot that 5k u safe

2 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
meeketta:
I live in cross river state, and I must confess, things are very cost there
How much do you use on food a day? And can you give a breakdown of daily cost of feeding so we can better compare to what the Op currently spends? undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by jackie111(m): 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
Omo, e no easy ooo 'Deep sigh" Mr
manoflove22:
I earn 25k monthly,i use almost of it to buy food, and to fill my gas

Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

This is not a life i wanted, help me guys

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by sonnie10: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, whatever perspective you claim it opened up is all in your imagination and so I can't help you in any any with that. undecided
Reality cannot be imaginary. A piece of burger with fries and a medium cup of soda is $8 plus tax. Not affordable for a minimum wage earner ( $7.5/hr) in the US compared with Op in Nigeria who can even afford 3 square meal.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
but you didn't state the cut for olosho,why did you hide that aspect? You see most of these present day young men ehn,even if they receive 10naira monthly they will still cut olosho own aside like 3naira from the 10naira and tell their parents they are receiving 7naira as salary.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that he sleeps around?? Or is this another assumption on your part??
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Fantazy(m): 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
Sorry to say, I might never be able to save from that amount u are getting.
The best thing to do is to get other things doing that can bring in more money.

I'm also in the same situation as you though, but planning to move to something better.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Hassanmaye(m): 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Truly men are really facing a lot to meet their financial needs,but you didn't state the cut for olosho,why did you hide that aspect? You see most of these present day young men ehn,even if they receive 10naira monthly they will still cut olosho own aside like 3naira from the 10naira and tell their parents they are receiving 7naira as salary.
Hahahhahahaha

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by jclassiq(m): 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
lilvicky68:
The solution to your problem is to stop borrowing..even if it means going hungry, eating once a day or fasting every first week of the month..

Try as much to save 5k every month..

Buy rice instead..
How old are you?
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by princewarri1985: 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
Nobody here is going to advice you on anything because you are a GLUTTON, thank God you are living alone and not with your parents because with only your eating alone you for don send the poor people back to village, am a bachellor too and i live alone, and trust me i dont even spend 15k monthly self on feeding, if food stuffs is super expensive in osun state, what then will you say about lagos warri portharcourt and abuja?? Bros park well joor, YOU ARE A GLUTTON
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2021
Chatinent that rubbish you posted up there maybe you think it made you a type of super human.

Keep wallowing in your pride or dullness until reality eats you up and belche your bones.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by ThothHermes: 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
It is what is on you that controls your possibilities. Start tithing consistently from that money.
What you are saying is that "God, this money is not enough," I need your help.
You will wonder at the power of the Divine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by benqo01(m): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
25k mehn that is less than 50usd,seriously that can't even sustain an adult for a month,inclusion of other expenses.The best option for you is to start a side hustle that can fetch you something before month end.

Seriously things re getting worst everyday,prices of food now isn't what one can even Write about.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by benqo01(m): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
princewarri1985:
Nobody here is going to advice you on anything because you are a GLUTTON, thank God you are living alone and not with your parents because with only your eating alone you for don send the poor people back to village, am a bachellor too and i live alone, and trust me i dont even spend 15k monthly self on feeding, if food stuffs is super expensive in osun state, what then will you say about lagos warri portharcourt and abuja?? Bros park well joor, YOU ARE A GLUTTON

U don't spend 15k on feeding,what you spend is 14,990 naira.....
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by princewarri1985: 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
Am going to help you bros see ehn in life ehn you learn to cut your coat according to your size with proper planning decipline you can be saving 5k from that your lean salary every month and you have to cut spaghetti from your budget and be eating rice instead, use this budget, beans 2 basket 5k rice 2 basket 5k, garri 2 basket 2k, gas 2500, then you buy groundnut oil, oil, maggi, salt pepper tin tomantoes etc for 3500 and hold your hand with 2k and be saving 5k every month, IF YOU KNOW THIS BUDGET WONT BE ENOUGH FOR YOU IN A MONTH, THEN YOU BETTER PACK YOUR BAG BACK TO THE VILLAGE, am a professional and a kpako warri pikin to the call

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by oluspicy: 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends

Oga you lack the habit of saving...if you're saving N100 daily on piggyvest, it's something at the end of the month.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by orumba(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
Schedule fasting for yourself, �. Cook most times, stop gambling, don't sow anyhow seed, no impress anybody by buy new shirts, boxers or perfume everytime, avoid hype men. ( you can do it gang)
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
oluspicy:

Oga you lack the habit of saving...if you're saving N100 daily on piggyvest, it's something at the end of the month.
So, out of N25,000 a month, which he complains does not last him past the 16th of the month, you expect him to save Naira 3000, how? undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Makschinchin: 11:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

It is well bro, na wah oo..

Ma'am Kobojunkie, you need to see this tongue

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Makschinchin:

Ma'am Kobojunkie, you need to see this tongue
I did. undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Makschinchin: 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I did. undecided

O yeah grin Seems you're so interested in this topic

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by osazsky(m): 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Truly men are really facing a lot to meet their financial needs,but you didn't state the cut for olosho,why did you hide that aspect? You see most of these present day young men ehn,even if they receive 10naira monthly they will still cut olosho own aside like 3naira from the 10naira and tell their parents they are receiving 7naira as salary.
even 2 odd on bet9ja own we nor see.oga is not telling us everything.but 20k is small o..nigerians we are a unique kind God too try for us o
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by eagleonearth(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
bad advise, please don't take this advise Please eat well and pray for a better job.May fortune smile on you sooner than you expect
Advice
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by mechanics(m): 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2021
You can try those side hustle you mentioned, it will assist if you will be committed to it.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by OfficialAPCNig: 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2021
manoflove22:

I make over 500k every month but I don't spend up 20k on feeding in two months and I feed very well.

I buy half cartoon of Spag, a cartoon of indomie, 2 paint of rice, 1 paint of beans, 5kg of Semolina and 2 Pando, 2.5 Liter of red oil and 1.5 Lt of Kings of Oil.

They last me for more than 2 months. Since I restock every 2 months, I give the remaining out.

However, beverages, bread, cooking soup and stew costs me a lot of money.

But 15k should be enough for you. Save 5k and flex 5k.

I live alone. No wife, no girl friend.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Blamyguy: 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
princewarri1985:
Am going to help you bros see ehn in life ehn you learn to cut your coat according to your size with proper planning decipline you can be saving 5k from that your lean salary every month and you have to cut spaghetti from your budget and be eating rice instead, use this budget, beans 2 basket 5k rice 2 basket 5k, garri 2 basket 2k, gas 2500, then you buy groundnut oil, oil, maggi, salt pepper tin tomantoes etc for 3500 and hold your hand with 2k and be saving 5k every month, IF YOU KNOW THIS BUDGET WONT BE ENOUGH FOR YOU IN A MONTH, THEN YOU BETTER PACK YOUR BAG BACK TO THE VILLAGE, am a professional and a kpako warri pikin to the call

Bros I no wan comment b4, but this ur comment really need redress: If u buy those things for house finish wetin u go take cook dem, u no go by pepper, meat or fish, u no go enta bike, u no go buy Data or call card, u no go buy soap to wash ur cloth, u no go whole small change for pocket to go church etc... nor be just to talk oo, na to face reality na be d koko..

2 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by NairaMaster1(m): 12:24am On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:

You even try. May be at your level. I spend up 150k per month.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Poleski: 12:27am On Oct 16, 2021
25k isn't much nowadays. It's not even enough for you to live on, not to talk of saving anything.

I spend more than that only on fuel and gas monthly. So my advice to you is either look for a side job to add more cash to your present salary or look for a new higher paying job
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Oct 16, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

I make over 500k every month but I don't spend up 20k on feeding in two months and I feed very well.
I buy half cartoon of Spag, a cartoon of indomie, 2 paint of rice, 1 paint of beans, 5kg of Semolina and 2 Pando, 2.5 Liter of red oil and 1.5 Lt of Kings of Oil.
They last me for more than 2 months. Since I restock every 2 months, I give the remaining out.
However, beverages, bread, cooking soup and stew costs me a lot of money.
But 15k should be enough for you. Save 5k and flex 5k.
I live alone. No wife, no girl friend.
Can you please give us a price breakdown of cost for these things you are able to purchase every 2 months so the OP can maybe learn from you

■half cartoon of Spag,
■ a cartoon of indomie,
■2 paint of rice,
■1 paint of beans,
■5kg of Semolina
■and 2 Pando, 2
■.5 Liter of red oil
■ 1.5 Lt of Kings of Oil.
■ However, beverages, bread, cooking soup and stew costs me a lot of money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Cousin9999: 1:10am On Oct 16, 2021
1. Make the effort to travel further for less expensive food.
2. Buy in bulk.
3. You can grow food in bags and pots: https://www.nairaland.com/6060136/growing-raising-small-home
4. Buy more fresh produce than packaged.
5. Buy online.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:16am On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:

Bro, i don't have gf, or friends or have any reason to visit parents, cos i know money do go through such process of having such people around
boss that money too small to get savings.what you shud do is to try your best o save like 5k per month so you can start Pos.but you go starve small o.chai people dey try o.savings from 25k.na wa o.e no easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help: Unilorin Final Year Student Missing. / About To Wed Emakpo Akpowene Dies In Delta (Photos) / 2 Out Of 3 Kids Are Not Mine - Man Married For 12 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.