Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only (35767 Views)

How I Spend My 63k Monthly Salary Yet I Am Tagged A Bad Boyfriend / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by K94Q: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2021
Register and acquire a new skill today!

/DataAnalystRegister

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by OfficialAPCNig: 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I don't know their prices. Please help us with the information so we can get a good idea of how much all of that adds up to 20k. undecided
I dont have your time please.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by OfficialAPCNig: 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
Mleeperbother:

I mean getting the required amount if vitamins, minerals, and macro nutrients. Abi you no send?
What I listed was a typical food an average Nigerian eats everyday. It don't spend more than 20k on those things every month.

I have someone that supplies me ripe plantain, I can kill for salad and take beverages a lot because I hate cooking and I don't like people cooking for me.

But these are not basic food, so I don't add them to the 20k.

I have a medicine cabinet because I use a lot of supplements. This morning I Just bought Vitamin A supplement because my work requires me working on system for a long time.

I take a lot of Yogurt because of the Vitamin A and have a Yeast capsules.

Excluding all these, I don't spend more than 20k on food in two months. So a guy earning 25k should be able to save.

Claiming it all goes into monthly feeding is gluttony.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Abudu2000(m): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
We are still on the same page,you can't keep a girlfriend with this salary hence the reason you patronize olosho.Don't be shy to admit it,its a faceless forum.
gf and olosho which is more expensive? Just say you are too dumb to offer a reasonable advice.

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Abudu2000(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
michlins:
I don't mean to insult you but you and sense are far from each.

How do you want him to save from that meager salary
honestly eh this thread is either filled with little kids living with their parents. Just yesterday here i spent over 10k coz I went to a client meeting. Fuel plus other expenses coz car broke down. Gues what i still lost the contract. the clients refused to even hand even a penny for fuel.
If i ever ordered something online and it didn't turn out to what I wanted I would at least even if its 1k hand the delivery guy for his time. Some ppl are indeed cruel. Legit is a scam, do whatever you have to do to make money, take that advice from someone above 40yo.

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by michlins(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2021
Abudu2000:
honestly eh this thread is either filled with little kids living with their parents. Just yesterday here i spent over 10k coz I went to a client meeting. Fuel plus other expenses coz car broke down. Gues what i still lost the contract. the clients refused to even hand even a penny for fuel.
If i ever ordered something online and it didn't turn out to what I wanted I would at least even if its 1k hand the delivery guy for his time. Some ppl are indeed cruel. Legit is a scam, do whatever you have to do to make money, take that advice from someone above 40yo.
kids full here. I know my daily expenses. No one is supposed to earn less than 100,000 monthly in Nigeria currently

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Mleeperbother: 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
SatyrGrover:
I am a lady that earns 30k a month and I have two siblings and a mum that depends on me and I don't live at home and where I live I pay electricity bill,waste bill and I will still buy food and as I dey I no even get BF cos I am always busy.In all I still try to save 4k in a month cos So my brother buy things u need not what u want.Instead if spaghetti buy Rice

30k? So how much do you earn from your BF and gifts?
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by mediclife1987(m): 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:
I earn 25k monthly,i use almost of it to buy food, and to fill my gas

Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

This is not a life i wanted, help me guys

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends

Would you rather not have a job at all and die of a completely empty stomach?
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Blackey(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

So foodstuff is expensive in Osun? shocked The same Osun I'm thinking of relocating to soon?
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Naijaolosho2: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2021
lilvicky68:

Why are you so interested in how much he spends for olosho..

Or do you offer cheaper rates?? grin

grin grin grin
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by BamakSNR(m): 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
The truth is that, no amount of money will be enough even you earn 500k. The thirst of man doesn't have an end.
So, it takes wisdom and sacrifice to survive and save.
Draw a budget before you receive your salary every month.
And save at least , 10%. Then every other expenses follows. By the way, you most be willing to change your lifestyle so as to safe your budget and try not to have budget deficits. I.e do not borrow.
And I'll recommend Manage your money by Sam Adeyemi. Available in audio.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by caesymore(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
We are still on the same page,you can't keep a girlfriend with this salary hence the reason you patronize olosho.Don't be shy to admit it,its a faceless forum.

grin
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by armyofone(m): 11:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
Cook your own food. Make menu list - vegetables are cheap - so make vegetable soup. Spinach is easy to cook and is cheap.
All food is good -
Just don't over eat.

A pot of beans and bread.
Concoction rice with habanero pepper is delicious.
Spinach stew for yam, potatoes and rice.

Don't forget to eat 1 cup of rice 2 or 3 times.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by oluspicy: 1:25am On Oct 17, 2021
sheanzy:
oga what is 3000 a month savings do... Are u okay?

Ask your mother.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by sheanzy(m): 1:28am On Oct 17, 2021
oluspicy:

Ask your mother.
poor kid
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Frenzy01(m): 8:46am On Oct 17, 2021
Food is super expensive.. Only God can save us in this Corntree. I'd advise you to find a side Hustle to augment your income

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by cobby14(m): 9:24am On Oct 17, 2021
Figure out a way to Up your earnings because even saving half of that is not enough to hold body
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by SatyrGrover: 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
Mleeperbother:

30k? So how much do you earn from your BF and gifts?
You can Google search that one ooo
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Oct 18, 2021
Blackey:
So foodstuff is expensive in Osun? shocked The same Osun I'm thinking of relocating to soon?
You can do what someone suggested which is maintain a farm or garden not top far from where you can plant and harvest a good portion of your food needs. undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Harrisee(m): 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

I make over 500k every month but I don't spend up 20k on feeding in two months and I feed very well.

I buy half cartoon of Spag, a cartoon of indomie, 2 paint of rice, 1 paint of beans, 5kg of Semolina and 2 Pando, 2.5 Liter of red oil and 1.5 Lt of Kings of Oil.

They last me for more than 2 months. Since I restock every 2 months, I give the remaining out.

However, beverages, bread, cooking soup and stew costs me a lot of money.

But 15k should be enough for you. Save 5k and flex 5k.

I live alone. No wife, no girl friend.

Oga stop lying abeg. Calculate the value of all the items you listed there and see if it's not well over 20k

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2021
Harrisee:
Oga stop lying abeg. Calculate the value of all the items you listed there and see if it's not well over 20k
I am glad I ain't the only one who taught the same of his exorbitant list there. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Checkout This Viral Family of 6 Photoshoot / Baby Dumped At Filling Station In Katsina (Photo) / My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.