Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only (35740 Views)

How I Spend My 63k Monthly Salary Yet I Am Tagged A Bad Boyfriend / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by calcal: 1:45am On Oct 16, 2021
The issue is 25K is not enough, you need to look for another job.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by jericco1(m): 3:50am On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
We are still on the same page,you can't keep a girlfriend with this salary hence the reason you patronize olosho.Don't be shy to admit it,its a faceless forum.

Your comments are always off point angry
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by 10kgod(m): 3:54am On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:
I earn 25k monthly,i use almost of it to buy food, and to fill my gas

Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

This is not a life i wanted, help me guys

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends

25k is too small. NYSC self dey manage 33k with this inflation. You just need to double up... Or triple up self.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by jericco1(m): 4:12am On Oct 16, 2021
Oga I no go lie you that 25k too small but even though na 1k dey try save
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Mikael0407(m): 4:25am On Oct 16, 2021
My advice is this, when your 25k arrive, put 7k inside ur saving box(everybody should have one at this point), then tell urself say if I perish, I perish. Pay your tithe (2,500). you sef will be surprised how God will be providing for you on a daily basis.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by princewarri1985: 4:37am On Oct 16, 2021
Blamyguy:

Bros I no wan comment b4, but this ur comment really need redress: If u buy those things for house finish wetin u go take cook dem, u no go by pepper, meat or fish, u no go enta bike, u no go buy Data or call card, u no go buy soap to wash ur cloth, u no go whole small change for pocket to go church etc... nor be just to talk oo, na to face reality na be d koko..
Go back and read what i wrote carefully before comenting, 3500 naira is for oil grounded pepper maggi salt etc, beside the OP said he lives inside the company so he non dey enter bike go anywhere, dont forget that he still gat 2k as pocket money, and bros finally no meat not fish the beans will supplement all that, someone is earning 25k and he is trying to save, and you are here talking about meat and fish? Why you non also include turkey and chickent too so that the OP go reach village quick, AM A PROFESSIONAL, WHEN TIME REACH TO POP HENESSY WE DEY POP AM, AND WHEN HE REACH MANAGE TIME WE MANAGE TOO
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by alabisulaiman31: 5:11am On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:

Before 20th of the month, all the foodstuffs would be consumed, i will have to go on to borrow money to eat before the end of the month

Now the issue here is that My parent do ask me every time if I'm suffering from spirituality complications why i don't save for almost 3 years now I've been working, i tried to explain to them that the money is use to buy food

Note i live in the company's apartment, hence why I'm not living with them, and I'm 26years and have younger ones living with them

Now the help i need from you guys is how can you enlighten me how i can live on the money and still saving out of it, cos im not getting younger anymore

And in Nigeria where there is no job security,they can fire me from work anytime, how will i leave work without no saving and will still go home eating mama's food

This is the reasons why i don't have gf,friends or visit them at home thinking it will save me more money to save

I'm not getting younger,now I'm planning to start some online business, buy a pos and do some stuff to earn me money monthly, so anytime i live this work i can rely oncry

Before u guys insult me or call me a glutton, please note this, in osun state where I'm living, foodstuffs is super expensive every day, spaghetti i always live on rises from 220 to 350naira presently

This is not a typical me, before Buhari' s administration, talking about 2015,i do save alot of money even those time i earn meager 10k monthly, even that time i have gf, friends

If anyone wants to blame this guy for not saving up or call him glutton, then the person must be living in Osun and paid under 30k. My guy, you aren't lying. Infact, you have spoken the truth about the excessive charges of food rate in Osun. I also live in Osogbo (Africa, Behind Ataoja police station) and I earn 30k per month. At same time I have other means of survivals which I can show you. If you are very interested, I can teach you something helpful. Dm me on Whatsapp 08146938964
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Rewawriters01: 5:23am On Oct 16, 2021
We spend 4 to 6 years in the university studying, only to come out to look for job and sometimes we don't get that job.

Even if we get the job, we are being underpaid.

Life in Nigeria now is very hard that even if you are being paid N100,000 you will still struggle to survive.

How many people even get paid such an amount.

For you to survive in Nigeria you need a high paying skill to solve high paying problems.

And copywriting is one of them.

Copywriting is using the power of the written words to start, enhance or extend a relationship in sales.

Everything you see around you today are product of copywriting.

Facebook ads, bill boards, Tv adverts Radio jingles, magazines, to mention a few.

With Copywriting you work with foreign clients and get paid in dollars.

Just imagine being paid a whooping $500 just to write a letter.

That is about N250,000, and you can do this in less than 24 hours.

But what if i tell you that you can become a copywriter in 3 months with the right training and dedication?

Would you like to tap from this ever growing industry?

I would be holding a 3 day free class in Copywriting and LinkedIn marketing starting on Monday 18th of Oct.2021.

Send a whatsapp message to this no. to join for free.

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Leogreat5: 6:08am On Oct 16, 2021
How much to learn web developer skill.

]Some of the people advising here don't have work and won't understand what u are going through. My advice:
Learn a skill online(Youtube) using the same smartphone you used to type this message or get someone(friend) who u think is very good in rending a Web, mobile App, design skills etc and connect them with someone in need of such service and earn a commission.

Here in Lagos, I done leave my house sometimes in 1month, i stay home and work all day/weeks and earn over 200-400k as a web developer.

Wise up bro, go learn a skill and add value to others. [/quote]
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Cashio(m): 7:01am On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:

Bro, i don't have gf, or friends or have any reason to visit parents, cos i know money do go through such process of having such people around
you don't have friends? That's silly for a 26 year old. You should have friends man. Opportunities comes from people, they don't fall from heaven. Cutting everyone off will only get you fall into depression if things get worse.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Mleeperbother: 7:07am On Oct 16, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

I make over 500k every month but I don't spend up 20k on feeding in two months and I feed very well.

I buy half cartoon of Spag, a cartoon of indomie, 2 paint of rice, 1 paint of beans, 5kg of Semolina and 2 Pando, 2.5 Liter of red oil and 1.5 Lt of Kings of Oil.

They last me for more than 2 months. Since I restock every 2 months, I give the remaining out.

However, beverages, bread, cooking soup and stew costs me a lot of money.

But 15k should be enough for you. Save 5k and flex 5k.

I live alone. No wife, no girl friend.
So how do you get balanced diet?
I think you might be malnourished with the crap I see here.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by SatyrGrover: 7:47am On Oct 16, 2021
I am a lady that earns 30k a month and I have two siblings and a mum that depends on me and I don't live at home and where I live I pay electricity bill,waste bill and I will still buy food and as I dey I no even get BF cos I am always busy.In all I still try to save 4k in a month cos So my brother buy things u need not what u want.Instead if spaghetti buy Rice

2 Likes

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by lookingfly: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:

with the present economy, it's hatd to save because of the exorbitant prizes of foodstuff. My advice to you our is to think of a better job with a better pay or perhaps learn a handiwork that pays better.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by cardoctor(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2021
U better go and friend mama put daughter.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Godmademan(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2021
Op most people insulting you are doing so from their parents house. The value of 25000 now is very negligible.

What are your skill sets. If you have no skill, I believe at 26years it's not too late to learn one. Be it driving, mechanic, electricals, tailoring, Upholstery digital based skills even if it means quitting your job. You will have to try and save something to start trading on something while you save your pride and return to your family house. A year should be enough to learn any skill properly and proceed to being self employed. Don't allow yourself to cross into your thirties or get a lady pregnant without a skill. Nuff said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by tonididdy(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2021
wunmi590:

This is serious oooo.

But even if its 5k monthly, you should be able to save, why would you use the whole of 25k to eat every month without transportation and monthly or weekly internet subscription......

Are you a glutton?

You cant ask foodist to cut their food portions b3cause of some peanut savings hoped to archieve.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by wunmi590(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2021
tonididdy:

You cant ask foodist to cut their food portions b3cause of some peanut savings hoped to archieve.

You are absolutely right
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by tonididdy(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:

What you need is a side hustle.
A skill not a business pls.
Because for a foodist like you and I, 25k is not even enough for proper finger licking.
Don't blame yourself you cannot save from inside 25k ( everyone knows it's almost impossible).
Enjoy your life bro.
If you have a skill, advertise yourself and make the proceeds from that, " your savings "
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by tonididdy(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Wanny20:
Una dy craze with Una stupid advice.. How can 25k sustain one for a month and u ppl are shouting save. Save what kwanu? Before u buy detergents, ingredients for food, foodstuffs itself, transport, normal life day to day expenses u are already broke on the 16th of that same month nobody go teach u wen u go go comot that 5k u safe
Imagine some persons urging him to save 5k a month grin
In this present administration, if you are not making more than 5k a day.... You go suffer.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by tonididdy(m): 8:32am On Oct 16, 2021
chatinent:

Oga, it's even ₦10k they paid me. I earned ₦2k via lessons.

Why will I lie?

That's my humble beginning, sir.

My spirit is telling me you have a job for me. Speak on father, I listenth.

Prolly this was during yaraudua or Obasanjo regime.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Offpoint1: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
bad advise, please don't take this advise.Please eat well and pray for a better job.May fortune smile on you sooner than you expect
Finally I see someone with sense, imagine these people advising the young man to starve just to save. What's the point of working while you starving yourself, saving for what? 5k monthly for a year is less than 100k and can't even start one any tangible business.

He's better he start sorting for a better job than starve himself.

It seems most of these commenters are being fed by their parents or have no idea of what it's like to live alone.

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Offpoint1: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2021
manoflove22:

Bro don't let anyone make you feel bad or look like a money waster, most of those commenters are being fed by their families, they have no idea what is like to live alone.

It's practically impossible to survive on 25k salary in the present Nigeria even for a single person.
Don't starve yourself in name of trying to save money, else you create sickness for yourself which you'll still end up using the savings to treat.

Start looking for a better job or learn some IT skill that can sustain you in the future.

I live alone and I know what I spend weekly, it's impossible to save from 25k salary in current Nigeria, unless you have some financial support.

Nothing is wrong with you, no spiritual problem

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by sheanzy(m): 8:49am On Oct 16, 2021
oluspicy:

Oga you lack the habit of saving...if you're saving N100 daily on piggyvest, it's something at the end of the month.
oga what is 3000 a month savings do... Are u okay?

1 Like

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by So101: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2021
Make more money
manoflove22:

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Afrikween(f): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2021
chatinent:

It is because there is sb you believe who is always willing to lend you.

Na food you come this life come chop? Ị kpebiri igbu onwe gị, chukwu nnam ehhh!

At a point in my life, I was paying my rents, bills, had a brother staying with me and I was paid ₦12k monthly. I had no one to lend me money.

Hello my brother,
I will not lie to you, neither will I mince words nor patronise you...thank God on Sunday I sha don't know you in person. cry

If the company provides accommodation for you...which translates that you don't pay rents, ekwesiri iji ntu kukasiagi isi!

I am not saying ₦25k is too big...but damn it, I read a post of a noble man here who is married and probably with kids now surviving on ₦35k monthly...ginwa họọrọ ịbụ onye na -eri oké nri. I don't think it's even because you wallow in gluttony...onu uto akugbola gi!

What nonsense! What akpiridacity!

If you aren't Igbo to understand what I am typing, na your problem.

I am catering for four of my siblings staying with me with nobody to borrow from, or an extra hand. The key is buying things in bulk. Avoid onu uto! Learn to drink water while you eat...eat small, drink water small! Six wraps of fufu does not mean you have made it in life...people eating two haven't died finish! Hapu umu agbogho!! cry

Better diverse your income and stop living a scavenger life or start making a scale of preference before ma pata gi aka.

Lalasticlala, come and carry your brother before I lose my temper.

Well, I'll add more things since you decided to update the thread with the below:

You need to stop depending on one source of income then!

Nnam oo... jisike grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by OfficialAPCNig: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2021
Mleeperbother:

So how do you get balanced diet?
I think you might be malnourished with the crap I see here.
And how is that your business?

Some of you Nigerian "yoots" should learn to mind your business.

Eating like a glutton isn't balancing meal.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by OfficialAPCNig: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Can you please give us a price breakdown of cost for these things you are able to purchase every 2 months so the OP can maybe learn from you

■half cartoon of Spag,
■ a cartoon of indomie,
■2 paint of rice,
■1 paint of beans,
■5kg of Semolina
■and 2 Pando, 2
■.5 Liter of red oil
■ 1.5 Lt of Kings of Oil.
■ However, beverages, bread, cooking soup and stew costs me a lot of money.
Excluding the last item, most of those things doesn't cost more than 20k in Lagos.

And they last me over 2 months.

You know their prices, you can confirm yourself.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Mleeperbother: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

And how is that your business?

Some of you Nigerian "yoots" should learn to mind your business.

Eating like a glutton isn't balancing meal.
I mean getting the required amount if vitamins, minerals, and macro nutrients. Abi you no send?
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Kobojunkie: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Excluding the last item, most of those things doesn't cost more than 20k in Lagos.

And they last me over 2 months.

You know their prices, you can confirm yourself.
I am afraid I don't know their prices. Please help us with the information so we can get a good idea of how much all of that adds up to 20k. undecided
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by AK481(m): 11:40am On Oct 16, 2021
A girl earning 25k will never let suffer get to this avenue.there is always an easy way out.

No equal right will be shouted here.

Men dey try.i sure say if op see young girl wey go dey fucck am pay am 5k per round, him go happy
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by descarado: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2021
ibtommy:

Not 125k o
It was a typo.

Sorry about that.
Re: How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only by Polyol(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2021
I earn 60k for an average. 30k goes to savings every month. 5k goes to either of my parents every month. one of my siblings stays with me, i take care of her wellbeing, feeding and whatnot. i end up having just 18k for food including gas refilling of 5kg every month. in average, i have 14k to feed myself and my sister for the month. i stay in one of the villages in fct. i skip two months savings to pay my house rent every year.

if 18k can feed me and my sis in abj, you can do it my brother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Was Married To Two Men At The Same Time In Lagos / 2 Out Of 3 Kids Are Not Mine - Man Married For 12 Years / My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.