Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,041 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) (59168 Views)

Frank Dogood Bekebo Electrocuted In Bayelsa State (Photos) / Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) / Did Pres. Buhari Goof At The Un Climate Action Summit While Answering This Quest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by abbey621(m): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Make dem check the place well well, they used patch patch wiring and probably got exposed to some serious current.

Lesson 1: Never ever plug your charger directly into an outlet, it offers the least protection.
Lesson 2: Always use voltage regulators/power strip protection/stabilizers
Lesson 3: Pay a qualified electrician to properly wire your home, don't risk your life for savings of less than 10k.

1 Like

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
Dis death na follow come original. Dey don reason him matter finish come use negligence nail d man

May his soul rest in peace
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by nwakibie3(m): 10:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Watenopus:

As an electrical engineering, current inside a phone charging cable is not sufficient to be fatal

What Buhari bad luck can not affect does not exist

1 Share

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Watenopus: 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
nwakibie3:

Electrical Engineer*
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Valuc: 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lala abeg wen Nokia charger start to dey shock person to death ... I just sey make I ask
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by samuelson06(m): 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
seborrhic:
Bloody liars and illiterate bloggers.
There IS NO WAY answering a call while charging a phone can kill someone,unless the person touched a live wire.
NO WAY and anyone who believes such news in this day and age needs to be taken to one remote village and dumped there.

For what I know, the charger supplies a 12V DC to the phone while it may take up to 220V AC from mains. So, how can a 12V DC kill someone?

It doubt it's the phone that killed the man.

1 Like

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by otokx(m): 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
It is unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by sammirano3: 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
It's possible. Doubting Thomas should pray not to be unfortunate.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Benrosaria(m): 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Media aide electrocuted while answering call with his charging phone one month after his wedding and one day after he was active on Facebook

Osaki Diri, a Media Aide to the member representing Degema state Constituency, Rivers State House of Assembly, has died.

Osaki Diri was electrocuted on Thursday, October 14, in Port Harcourt, a friend of his told LIB.

According to the LIB source, Diri's phone was charging when a call came in.

"He picked the call while it was charging and got electrocuted," the source said.

"His wife saw him and tried helping but the electric threw her away," our source added.

Hours before his sudden death, Osaki was active on Facebook, releasing a press statement for his local government council and engaging with friends on their posts.

His death leaves his wife of less than two months a widow. He got married in August 2021.

Friends have gone on Facebook to express their shock following the news of Diri's death.

A friend hailed him as a dedicated choirmaster who served God with his "strong baritone voice."

See some tributes below.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/10/media-aide-electrocuted-while-answering-call-with-his-charging-phone-one-month-after-his-wedding-and-one-day-after-he-was-active-on-facebook-2.html

Why did you marry her ?? And be careless about you
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by gift2xl: 11:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
So sad, condolence.
Pls the woman should not marry again oh.

Some ppl no go like this one.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Sambab(m): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
seborrhic:
There IS NO WAY answering a call while charging a phone can kill someone,unless the person touched a live wire.
NO WAY and anyone who believes such news in this day and age needs to be taken to one remote village and dumped there.

Search for his page on Facebook, you will see that it's real. His name is ''osaki diri''
Village people will never caught us o. Amen
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Pyhonist: 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2021
Northernblood:
village people in action. How can tiny Phone charger kill a full grown man? Something else killed that man jhor if u investigate properly.

Scientists in the house, help and explain biko. If it can happen during call, it can also happen during Browsing which most of us do.

Way before the call came in, the charger must have been faulty and showing some signs like the touch screen not responding properly while the phone is being charged, but because it was still charging his phone, he ignored the fault.

The transformer could have developed a partial fault due to high volatge.

Also diodes that changes AC voltage to DC was also malfunctioning.

With this two components malfunctioning, its either the charger kills your phone and if you're unlucky, it kills you.

Don't use your phone while its charging especially with direct electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by georgemarcus(m): 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2021
OMG this guy is a friend of mine...how can this be possible even! What is happening in this world...people you see today tomorrow the are no more. Whether it is the phone plugged to the socket that killed him or not should not make us take risk. Anything could have caused the death but for the phone plugged to light, we cant neglect the warning please. RIP dear friend.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Toks2008(m): 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
They should investigate well. I have answered phones several times while charging.

Maybe it is the charger cos people can manufacture fake stuffs.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by observer24(m): 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
The wife should tell a better story. Something else killed that man.

2 Likes

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by bejeria101(m): 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
Bola146:
How many times have they warned people not to receive calls while charging

They don't listen. They think its swag.

I see guys with Powerbank plugged to phones and when you tell them its like you are bothering them.

Young lady turned into a widow at this time. So sad.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Numerouno94(m): 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
Bola146:

Ask my sisters at home not me?

Ok, it's a family trait i guess.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Do not answer call while charging!
Do not call or receive call close to cooking gas!!

All these are safety measures being sound into our hearing day by day but we still have some who refused these.

No scientific back up to your claims

1 Like

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by micflo28(m): 12:01am On Oct 16, 2021
Village people. Why do tragedies happen shortly after or before wedding? Maybe we need to start keeping weddings low key and under wraps. Naija dey see wedding like say the person don hammer.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 16, 2021
If you quickly removed your phone charging cable from your phone as were reading this,gather here.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Deblow: 12:50am On Oct 16, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Rip

They should find out the person that placed that killer call to him first. The call may have been laced with a "poisonous" voice. Lol
But we have been warned severally to not answer calls with the charging cord intact and active.... plus handling our phones during rain especially one with lightening.
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by bola4dprec(m): 12:52am On Oct 16, 2021
Bola146:
How many times have they warned people not to receive calls while charging
how many times have they warned people not to have s*x without condom
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Originalsly: 1:00am On Oct 16, 2021
Esseite:

Was the charger plugged to high tension that it even threw the wife away?...

They should name the charger and charging cord that can conduct that amount of electricity.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by nitt: 1:01am On Oct 16, 2021
They should find out what truly happened they led to his death.

There may be an exposed wire or something

There is no way that one can get electrocuted while on the phone and the phone plugged in to charge

It's a fake popular belief that has been falsified ages ago
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Samiah33(m): 1:29am On Oct 16, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
May his soul rest in peace.
This is new
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by samwillyco1(m): 1:43am On Oct 16, 2021
This life...

RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:46am On Oct 16, 2021
This is a habit, I personally need to stop... I even sleep with it while charging , one day I forgot it under the pillow I woke up to urinate I touched my phone , it was hot like aboki tea water...
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by EYOUYO: 2:26am On Oct 16, 2021
Chai the wife happens to come from my neighborhood, rip to d dead.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by ThugCheetah(m): 2:50am On Oct 16, 2021
It is today I know nairaland houses the most foolish set of Nigerians in existence. Jesus Christ!!

1 Like

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:02am On Oct 16, 2021
seborrhic:
Many times I dey Use tongue draw current directly from charge and to test if the charger is working , even as some default charger sometimes choke my tongue, I still never die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Rocks Igbo Attire In Throwback Photo / Kwankwaso Welcomes Tinubu And His Entourage To Kaduna / BREAKING: Ekiti Broadcasting Service Shut Down By NBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.