Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,571 members, 7,820,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) (59201 Views)

Frank Dogood Bekebo Electrocuted In Bayelsa State (Photos) / Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) / Did Pres. Buhari Goof At The Un Climate Action Summit While Answering This Quest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2021
samuelson06:

For what I know, the charger supplies a 12V DC to the phone while it may take up to 220V AC from mains. So, how can a 12V DC kill someone?

It doubt it's the phone that killed the man.

Let me explain to you in the charger of a phone there is a step down transformer but when the charger of your phone begins to overheat violently that transformer cannot become reverse as the wires are shorting out in the charger so it'd of it be a step down transformer it becomes a step up transformer as the wires in the Transformers short out. It is the same thing with generators when did generator alternator is beginning to been out in some cases the voltage can step up to around 1,000 voltage as the wires and magnetic field begin to collapse and short circuits on the transformer of the phone. Expensive Falls like Samsung Sony and HTC have protection In their charges system. Cheap phones like tecno and infinix some of their charges do not have adequate protection
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2021
b0rn2fuck:
Many times I dey Use tongue draw current directly from charge and to test if the charger is working , even as some default charger sometimes choke my tongue, I still never die

Keep testing your village people angry

2 Likes

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
This is a habit, I personally need to stop... I even sleep with it while charging , one day I forgot it under the pillow I woke up to urinate I touched my phone , it was hot like aboki tea water...

It is very possible especially with charges. Inside the charger there is a step down transformer, this Transformer can also become a step up transformer when did charger overheat.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:47am On Oct 16, 2021
Makaveli217:

Maybe he was making use of a fake charger which was poorly built and it didn't filter out the AC voltage completely.
The phones charging panel would have burnt by then, Invalidating your assumption
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Testimony1988(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2021
That's why is not good to answer phone calls when the phone is charging.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by ikdaddy01(m): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I shock o! Nobi charger wey dey out put DC highest 9v for fast charging? Na 9v DC one throw full human being? When we dey lick that Duracell 9v battery to test whether e still get "current"?
As in erhhh. Most chargers seif na 5v 1.5A or 2.1A.
We deh even lick 12v 5ahms to check for current seif.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by usj(m): 8:48am On Oct 16, 2021
Daboomb:

That happens a lot but it is more of a tingling sensation.
A real Shock will burn your Ears and blood may come out from the point of contact.

Chai, stop lying, it cant cause paralysis or organ failure, for that brief period and amount of current. grin grin
You have forgotten that Sceintist even use such tiny current to treat some illnesses.
a shock that killed a full grown man is what you're calling small? Cardiac arrest (organ involved is the heart) it can affect the nervous system ( paralysis) so I'm right you can use Google to educate yourself more. Thanks

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by FineUsername(m): 9:01am On Oct 16, 2021
Makaveli217:

Maybe he was making use of a fake charger which was poorly built and it didn't filter out the AC voltage completely.

Well thought.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by EndBuhariNow(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

It is very possible especially with charges. Inside the charger there is a step down transformer, this Transformer can also become a step up transformer when did charger overheat.
may God epp us
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by YaksonFCA(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2021
RIP. Condolences
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by SRAROFDAVID: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2021
This is a big lie, phone chargers carries only but 5volts and the phone itself is about 3 volts and can never elactricute any budy as its called a direct current take for instance the voltage of a car battery is only 12volts which can never shock any human how then can 5 volt current electrocute a full grown human to death, even a house hood electric current which around 180-220v cannot kill you during shock
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Successlane: 10:15am On Oct 16, 2021
seborrhic:
Bloody liars and illiterate bloggers.
There IS NO WAY answering a call while charging a phone can kill someone,unless the person touched a live wire.
NO WAY and anyone who believes such news in this day and age needs to be taken to one remote village and dumped there.

If it's a real case of electrocution;
He was in contact with a naked, live wire, which was why his wife equally received severe shock when she came on contact with him.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by nedekid: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2021
2kurupt:

Maybe you should go back to old school matchbox. Indeed the Standard Organisation of Nigeria is not doing its work effectively.
Match box fumes is messed up. What I basically do now is buy high-end lighters from places like justrite and not the regular 100 naira ones from abokii.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by samuelson06(m): 11:12am On Oct 16, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Let me explain to you in the charger of a phone there is a step down transformer but when the charger of your phone begins to overheat violently that transformer cannot become reverse as the wires are shorting out in the charger so it'd of it be a step down transformer it becomes a step up transformer as the wires in the Transformers short out. It is the same thing with generators when did generator alternator is beginning to been out in some cases the voltage can step up to around 1,000 voltage as the wires and magnetic field begin to collapse and short circuits on the transformer of the phone. Expensive Falls like Samsung Sony and HTC have protection In their charges system. Cheap phones like tecno and infinix some of their charges do not have adequate protection

Wow! I understand your explanation. Thank you.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Umar1968: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
I can bet my balls it is one of those dump shit transsion phone

I can bet my balls iPhone and Samsung won't do that
Those sagging balls?
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by XYZ123: 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I shock o! Nobi charger wey dey output DC highest 9v for fast charging? Na 9v DC one throw full human being? When we dey lick that Duracell 9v battery to test whether e still get "current"?
No mind them. Illiteracy na disease
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by handyman90: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2021
Northernblood:
village people in action. How can tiny Phone charger kill a full grown man? Something else killed that man jhor if u investigate properly.

Scientists in the house, help and explain biko. If it can happen during call, it can also happen during Browsing which most of us do.

Bro you have a good point with the browsing talk o! Remember those old nokia GPRS phones must cancel the G logo before a call comes in. Nokia probably saw the possibility of such accident while browsing and added that feature to their phones over 15 years ago.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by honda001: 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2021
With his your analysis, there will be alots of electrocution from clippers
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by AlieninPH: 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Your explanation does not hold any ground.
Even if he is using a fake charger with a fake transformer. The transformer will burn and the odour will fill the room, unless he has a limited sense of smell.
What probably killed him, if really he died holding the phone, is that the house has earthing problem, and live current leaked to the phone 5v output, which also explained why the wife also received a shock.
Police should arrest the Landlord and his electrician, because he died of leaking live current into the building earthing system, which affected him when he touched the phone.

1 Like

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by AlieninPH: 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
honda001:
With his your analysis, there will be alots of electrocution from clippers

You are very correct, I have had a nasty shock in an hotel room in Abuja, while trying to shave, some years back, it was due to Earth leakage.
Also a highly placed DSS official died of electric shock in an hotel room in PH, while shaving.
Trust Nigerians, to them it was due to village people or his enemies.
We need to introduce stringent electrical building regulations in this country, to stop incidences of live current leaking into building earthing system. The problems of Earth leakages is due to low quality electric consumer panels installed in buildings and not fake chargers.

2 Likes

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by mediclife1987(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
Northernblood:
village people in action. How can tiny Phone charger kill a full grown man? Something else killed that man jhor if u investigate properly.

Scientists in the house, help and explain biko. If it can happen during call, it can also happen during Browsing which most of us do.

The day wey my earphones begin tickle me for ear one kain while inserted in my charging phone, na the day that sense hammer enter my head...
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by millionboi(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2021
Northernblood:

call is more dangerous
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by GetMeRight: 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bola146:
How many times have they warned people not to receive calls while charging
ThatFairGuy:
Do not answer call while charging!
Do not call or receive call close to cooking gas!!

All these are safety measures being sound into our hearing day by day but we still have some who refused these.

seborrhic:
There IS NO WAY answering a call while charging a phone can kill someone,unless the person touched a live wire.
NO WAY and anyone who believes such news in this day and age needs to be taken to one remote village and dumped there .
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Mohbola(f): 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

how did you come to the conclusion of that last line?
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by redsun(m): 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
It is because of unregulated and uncertified electronics and electrical products they sell in that unstructured country, besides the dysfunctional power supply. It is a dangerous country managed by animals in human skin and that explains why the life expectancy is less that 40 years.

You cannot live without knowledge. Living without practical knowledge is tantamount to a blind man walking at the edge of a jaw dropping cliff unguided.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Goalnaldo(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2021
seborrhic:
NO WAY and anyone who believes such news in this day and age needs to be taken to one remote village and dumped there.
Don't spew thrash if you don't know about something. The video vixen that was killed sometime ago kodak yellow or so was killed by it.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Makaveli217(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

The phones charging panel would have burnt by then, Invalidating your assumption
Oga these are electronics, they are unpredictable.
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Yourfav: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Most of the time it has nothing to do with the transformer or high input voltage. It is more about this cheap Android phones, go to GSM Arena I read the reviews on some phones like tecno and infinix you would be shocked
looking for a way to badmouth the brand, doesn't call for spreading lies. Which GSMArena you see this one? shocked
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
This is possible using a fast charger, i have been seriously chocked by fast charger charging my Huawei P20 lite.
We are all happy for fast charging phones never minding the voltage from those chargers, so let br careful with these chargers.

Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
Makaveli217:

Oga these are electronics, they are unpredictable.
Oga 230 volts will fry any phones panel
Re: Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) by Daboomb: 5:23am On Oct 17, 2021
usj:
a shock that killed a full grown man is what you're calling small? Cardiac arrest (organ involved is the heart) it can affect the nervous system ( paralysis) so I'm right you can use Google to educate yourself more. Thanks

All these your gibberish and meaningless links does not make one iota of sense!
Go and get a refund for your School fees, it is a waste. grin undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Kill 4 Wounded IPOB Gunmen Receiving Treatment In Rivers, Recover Charms / Abisola Kola-Daisy Shares Sexy Swimwear Photos / Real Reasons Nigerians Are Barred From Jobs In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.