Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? (19914 Views)

Authorized Calculators For The 2019 CFA Exams / Smash CFA Exams In 4 Months, At The Comfort Of Your Home! / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by DenreleDave(m): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
ThierryJay:

Yes in a way, they are inter-related but finance is broader. Accounting is basically how to organize and manage financial information which will all end up in the financial statements while Finance is about how to manage money and monetary equivalents mostly for future purposes/investment. Finance entails understanding economics and some accounting as well to make sense of historical financial information for future planning purposes.

In simple terms, accounting knowledge comes in handy when making sound finance decisions. In most companies, accountants are designated under the finance function/department.

Wow.. Thsnks

Pls how can you help me... I can even take up internship role if there is no paying job...

Pls kindly consider sir

https://www.nairaland.com/6796511/nairalanders-please-need-attention-kindly
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by rhames(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2021
mysticgal:
Good morning or Good day,
The long and short of the story is, I want to take the CFA professional exams and I want to know if it is still relevant in the industry, Nigeria particularly and this is me considering the exchange rate currently, how profitable it would be for me in a long run professionally and if i were to leave Nigeria, is it recognized in the USA, Canada and all.

My fears and questions are:
1) I don’t want to spend money on a certificate that would not earn me more money.
2) I also don’t want a certificate that is not transferable
3) Would it be better to do an MBA than take this CFA course?

I would really appreciate if I could get answers

And please , could I get past questions and study papers and if possible link up with someone who has done the CFA exams so I ask some more questions.

Thank you.

I will rather recommend the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants certificate (CPA) which is the equivalent of our ICAN (ACA).

It is recognised worldwide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by ThierryJay: 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2021
DenreleDave:

Wow.. Thsnks

Pls how can you help me... I can even take up internship role if there is no paying job...

Pls kindly consider sir

https://www.nairaland.com/6796511/nairalanders-please-need-attention-kindly

Bro, I've checked your profile in the link you shared. I'll be on the look out for any opportunity that fits into the areas you outlined and will reach out accordingly.

Keep the faith and stay positive bro.
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by DonroxyII: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2021
ThierryJay:

You are not really comparing CFA to ACCA are you? This cannot be real.

CFA has less than 30% average pass rate globally. ACCA typically gets up to 60% pass rate. Tells you which is more difficult.

You see someone with CFA and another with ACCA. Pray tell who do you think will be more highly sought after in the field of finance. Pls research before you answer me cos it's a no brainer.
I'm an Accountant, You shouldn't have replied that boy but thanks for doing so cheesy
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by User09: 11:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
eazzzy1:

When you register with CFA, you get a study material from them, these materials are very bulky and generally considered a waste of time because of its depth. These materials could go up to 3000 pages. People prefer to buy external study packs that summarize the CFAI material. That’s where Schweser comes in.

You may have a situation where you think Schweser didn’t do a good job explaining a topic or a concept, that’s when you go to the CFA material for a better grasp of the topic. You gerrit now?

U may wanna use Mark in the future to truly grasp the material. Not very many people would recommend Schweser

1 Like

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by staffordglobal: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2021
Yeah I would suggest you to go for MBA too. In fact, you can sign up for <a href="https://www.staffordglobal.org/course/online-mba-course/">Online MBA</a> from the UK Universities.
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by CorperKola: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
ThierryJay:

You are not really comparing CFA to ACCA are you? This cannot be real.

CFA has less than 30% average pass rate globally. ACCA typically gets up to 60% pass rate. Tells you which is more difficult.

You see someone with CFA and another with ACCA. Pray tell who do you think will be more highly sought after in the field of finance. Pls research before you answer me cos it's a no brainer.
How many bank CFOs in Nigeria have cfa to start with
Correction: how many bank CFOs in the world have cfa
You must be a clown
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by omotola90(m): 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThierryJay:

I've worked several years in a big four firm. If you are knowledgeable you'd know what that entails.
he doesn't know you can convert Ivan to ACCA...how's working with the big four?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pilot Vs Soldier: Ladies, Which Of These Jobs Would You Choose? (Photos) / Ten Reasons Why You Should Be An Employee / Mention One Company/organisation Where You Would Really Love To Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.