Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

I'm Relocating From PH To Lagos To Study At Yaba Tech, What Should I Know? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Relocating From PH To Lagos To Study At Yaba Tech, What Should I Know? (486 Views)

Is It Safe To Travel By Road From PH To Lagos Now? / Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Relocating From PH To Lagos To Study At Yaba Tech, What Should I Know? by NwaforIgbo: 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
Good morning my fellow nairalanders.

I'm planing on relocating from Port Harcourt to Lagos State to study at Yaba Tech (Computer Engineering).

This is my first time travelling to Lagos. I'm a graphic and UI designer, I don't have any assurance of finding a job in Lagos to support my school, the only thing I'm coming with is optimism..

So I thought I should create this thread to seek advice from you all so as to ensure I'm making an informed decision.

I actually wished to relocate to Lagos because its a tech hub.. I want to stay where it'll be easier to work and collaborate with likeminds.
Re: I'm Relocating From PH To Lagos To Study At Yaba Tech, What Should I Know? by riverbird: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2021
You are highly welcome but hope you have where to stay sorted out already cos that's the one major challenge here in Lagos?
I made same decision six months ago and to the glory of God I don't go to bed hungry though am still searching for something better and at same time try to develop my skills in the tech world but I thank God for seeing me this far, though at first when I came it wasn't really easy so as a new person just expect the worse at the beginning but as time roles by things will start getting better and above all always commit everything into the hands of God. Ur welcome

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating From PH To Lagos To Study At Yaba Tech, What Should I Know? by NwaforIgbo: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2021
riverbird:
You are highly welcome but hope you have where to stay sorted out already cos that's the one major challenge here in Lagos?
I made same decision six months ago and to the glory of God I don't go to bed hungry though am still searching for something better and at same time try to develop my skills in the tech world but I thank God for seeing me this far, though at first when I came it wasn't really easy so as a new person just expect the worse at the beginning but as time roles by things will start getting better and above all always commit everything into the hands of God. Ur welcome

Thanks for this piece of advice.

I actually have someone I'm plan to pair co-tenant with.. I'm told to bring 80k as part of my rent contribution.
Re: I'm Relocating From PH To Lagos To Study At Yaba Tech, What Should I Know? by riverbird: 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
NwaforIgbo:

Thanks for this piece of advice.

I actually have someone I'm plan to pair co-tenant with.. I'm told to bring 80k as part of my rent contribution.

Wow 80k?, That's Lagos 4 u

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating From PH To Lagos To Study At Yaba Tech, What Should I Know? by NwaforIgbo: 7:02am On Oct 19, 2021
riverbird:

Wow 80k?, That's Lagos 4 u

Quite expensive
Re: I'm Relocating From PH To Lagos To Study At Yaba Tech, What Should I Know? by riverbird: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2021
NwaforIgbo:

Quite expensive

Well since you are coming from pH another city with higher rent it won't bother you much.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Almost Got Knocked Down By A Trailer / Nigerians - Move To Canada Via These Routes / Visa Appointment Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.