Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo (65307 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Chief Prostrates To Beg Alaafin Of Oyo For Giving Fake Title To US Citizen.PICS / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by fregeneh(m): 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ykc2:
oni is not a king his the chief priest of all the yoruba oracles but awolowo upgraded his statue then he start acting like a king,alafin of oyo said this not from me,

God punish you, edeot.where did you slowpoke hear alaafin make this statement?
Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by Shikena(m): 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
TAO11:

Good that you now realize that according to history as cited Ife empire ended in the 1400s.
—————

Now to your request:
The Baale King of Modakeke never had any so-called supremacy. Nowhere is such found. It is found only in your head.

——————

Modakeke and Ife had conflicts during which both Ife and Modakake were deserted. Have you heard of the Yoruba wars? This particular one began in the 1800s.

——————

The fact that it happened in the 1800s means that it happened some 400 years after Ife was no longer an empire.

Despite the conflict, the King of Modakek still admit that the Ooni is his overlord till date.

——————

Do you agree with yourself that the emir of Ilorin had supremacy over Oyo because Ilorin sacked Oyo?

Do you agree with yourself that Oyo wasn’t once an empire because Ilorin sacked Oyo?

Cheers.
No, I disagree totally with all your submissions and the 'thesis' put forward by all your 'preferred' sources grin
Please stop quoting me again. You are distracting me from enjoying all these interesting historical sources that I'm reading now about the great Modakeke Empire that conquered Ife Kingdom and the chief priest.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by Ologbo147: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
fregeneh:

I think his from ife
ok it is alright to think but he is an Edo man from Edo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by TAO11(f): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
Shikena:

No, I disagree totally with all your submissions and the 'thesis' put forward by all your 'preferred' sources grin
Please stop quoting me again. You are distracting me from enjoying all these interesting historical sources that I'm reading now about the great Modakeke Empire that conquered Ife Kingdom and the chief priest.
When the argument is lost, the loser pretends he/she is dumb. Stop feigning dumb, little one. cheesy grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6807078/dele-momodu-fumes-kwam-1/6#106884494

https://www.nairaland.com/6807078/dele-momodu-fumes-kwam-1/6#106884171
Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by Shikena(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
This is instructive! cheesy

These sacked kings should just stop disturbing the citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is 2021. Most of them practically expired long before Nigeria was named grin grin

"The Modakeke, who in any case considered themselves allied to their fellow Oyo at Ibadan, were understandably upset; and in 1881 they once more attacked Ife and drove its inhabitants into the bush. There they were to remain until 1894, when the British made their incursion into the Yoruba hinterland."

In simple English that some people won't like, Baale of Modakeke ruled Ife for 13 years until the Oyinbo colonialists came to rescue the remnants from the bush - C'EST FINI!!! grin cheesy

Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by TAO11(f): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
Shikena:
This is instructive! cheesy

These sacked kings should just stop disturbing the citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is 2021. Most of them practically expired long before Nigeria was named grin grin

"The Modakeke, who in any case considered themselves allied to their fellow Oyo at Ibadan, were understandably upset; and in 1881 they once more attacked Ife and drove its inhabitants into the bush. There they were to remain until 1894, when the British made their incursion into the Yoruba hinterland."

In simple English that some people won't like, Baale of Modakeke ruled Ife for 13 years until the Oyinbo colonialists came to rescue the remnants from the bush - C'EST FINI!!! grin cheesy
When? In the 1800s during the period of Yoruba wars.

And Modakeke have a Baale King still subject to Ooni of Ife till date.

IFE empire was from the 1100 to the 1400s.
—————-
Oyo was sacked by Fulani in the 1800s.

Does that mean that Ilorin emir ruled Oyo from that point until British rule?

Does that mean that Oyo was never an empire?

Your brain is there not so that you shouldn’t use it.

Cheers!
Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by Shikena(m): 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2021
TAO11:

When? In the 1800s during the period of Yoruba wars.

And Modakeke have a Baale King subject to the Ooni till date.

IFE empire was from the 1100 to the 1400s.
—————-
Oyo was sacked by Fulani in the 1800s.

Does that mean that Ilorin emir ruled Oyo from that point until British rule?

Your brain is there not so that you shouldn’t use it.

Cheers!
grin grin grin Why you dey vex? Let me enjoy more Modakeke history abeg. Modakeke no dey play mehnnn! Real badasss!!
Now I understand where that clown that screams ahead of the current Ooni learned his thing lipsrsealed
Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by TAO11(f): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
Shikena:
grin grin grin Why you dey vex? Let me enjoy more Modakeke history abeg. Modakeke no dey play mehnnn! Real badasss!!
Now I understand where that clown that screams ahead of the current Ooni learned his thing lipsrsealed
Vex? Lol. That’s not true, child.

I was only educating you about the Ife empire starting from the 1100s and ending in the 1400s.

Instead of learning humbly, bigotry drove you to think that Oyo was ruled by an Emir and that Oyo was never an empire.

Cheers.
Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by Shikena(m): 12:37am On Oct 20, 2021
TAO11:
Vex? Lol. That’s not true, child.

I was only educating you about the Ife empire starting from the 1100s and ending in the 1400s.

Instead of learning humbly, bigotry drove you to think that Oyo was ruled by an Emir and that Oyo was never an empire.

Cheers.
grin Glad you are not vexing knowing that bigotry drove you to think that Baale of Modakeke was not in power at Ife after pursuing Ooni and his subjects to the bush. From your antecedent, that's one heck of a history that you don't want your followers to know. What exactly do you think the Modakekes were doing inside Ife in those 13 long years before the Oyinbos came to the rescue of those who ran to the bush? Watching BBN? I'm sure one of your sources will easily explain it away with another convenient thesis.
Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by TAO11(f): 12:43am On Oct 20, 2021
What version of crap is this?
Shikena:
[s]grin Glad you are not vexing knowing that bigotry drove you to think that Baale of Modakeke was not in power at Ife after pursuing Ooni and his subjects to the bush. What do you think the Modakekes were doing inside Ife in those 13 long years before the Oyinbos came to the rescue? Watching BBN? I'm sure one of your sources will easily explain it away with another convenient thesis.[/s]
https://www.nairaland.com/6807078/dele-momodu-fumes-kwam-1/7#106888665
Re: Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo by Shikena(m): 12:44am On Oct 20, 2021
TAO11:
What version of crap is this?
[s]https://www.nairaland.com/6807078/dele-momodu-fumes-kwam-1/7#106888665[/s]
grin Version 2 of your crap

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity / Ooni Of Ife, His Wife, Naomi And Their Entourage Stuck In Hotel Lift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.