Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Mauritius Study And Work - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mauritius Study And Work (91086 Views)

My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / Nigeria At Mauritius / Pls I Need To Know About Mauritius (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by Blackmatrix: 8:38am On Apr 10, 2022
Please do they require proof of funds or blocked account for upkeep?
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by loliapoopy2013(f): 11:32am On Apr 11, 2022
Are there social health care jobs in Mauritius? I have a level 3 diploma in health and social care and also a Post Graduate diploma in Education. Which certificate do you think will be easy to get a job with?
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by caspersacademy: 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
Travel to 120 countries visa free with Mauritius passport. You can always reach out for more info.
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by Alabsade: 4:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Yes there is need for proof of fund but not block account
.quote author=Blackmatrix post=111809745]Please do they require proof of funds or blocked account for upkeep?[/quote]
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by JayExperts: 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by mekanta7(m): 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
Alabsade:
Yes there is need for proof of fund but not block account
.quote author=Blackmatrix post=111809745]Please do they require proof of funds or blocked account for upkeep?

Nope
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by shibato1(m): 6:23am On Apr 21, 2022
Hello Mekanta7
I really want to appreciate you for all the useful information you've shared in this forum

I have applied to Polytechnic Mauritius i was asked to Certify my documents which i have done and submitted back ,
I was asked to pay the following

Application fee 100 usd non refundable ,
Administrative fee 1000usd
School Fee 4000 usd

The issue i am having now is about dependant Se what the school wrote to me " Kindly note that as a student you are not allowed to have a dependent on your student visa
If your wife has a work permit then only she can work in Mauritius
"

Seriously this is a Problem to me we just newly wedded i am 29yrs she's 24yrs in her 2nd Trimester(Pregnancy)

Mekanta7 i need your advice
Guys i need your advice

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by shibato1(m): 6:28am On Apr 21, 2022
vicath:

It isn’t. You’ll be paying about $2,200 per year(largely depends on your course too though)

Please can you list out the school for me ?
The one that was recommend is Polytechnic Mauritius and fees is about 4000$
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by chuddyforlife(m): 7:49am On Apr 21, 2022
shibato1:

Please can you list out the school for me ?
The one that was recommend is Polytechnic Mauritius and fees is about 4000$

boss am also interested in that polytechnic Mauritius

please do you know if they offers any IT relating courses

and please do you have idea on the amount fees
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by mayorola(m): 11:39am On Apr 21, 2022
Majorly21:

I was asking this big head about their girls there and he acted like if he’s the only virgin on earth.
funny you
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by shibato1(m): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2022
chuddyforlife:

boss am also interested in that polytechnic Mauritius

please do you know if they offers any IT relating courses

and please do you have idea on the amount fees

Yes i think they do
Just check their portal and also email them

The course i want to do is 4000usd
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by mekanta7(m): 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
shibato1:
Hello Mekanta7
I really want to appreciate you for all the useful information you've shared in this forum

I have applied to Polytechnic Mauritius i was asked to Certify my documents which i have done and submitted back ,

School Fee 4000 usd

The issue i am having now is about dependant Se what the school wrote to me " Kindly note that as a student you are not allowed to have a dependent on your student visa
"

Seriously this is a Problem to me we just newly wedded i am 29yrs she's 24yrs in her 2nd Trimester(Pregnancy)

Guys i need your advice

Thanks

Polytechnic Mauritius, I guess you're going for Nursing Program, that's nice. Your dependant will be on tourist visa most times which has a maximum duration of 6months. Within this months, you can file a legal case to allow her stay.
The pregnancy stuff, do you mean that she's pregnant? If yes, how many months old.
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by BunmiBie: 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
shibato1:
Hello Mekanta7

School Fee 4000 usd

"

Guys i need your advice

Thanks

Hello!
Polytechnics Mauritius is actually okay.i was in same shoe with you.
I applied for nursing, submitted my documents and they were about to start processing my visa when halted the processing.
Why?
I am married and I have a year old son.
They told me it's not allowed to come with any dependent. In fact, there is a woman in that same school that couldn't go with her child and husband, the last time I checked she was still trying to get her husband a Job in Mauritius so that he and their child can relocate.
I spoke to another Mauritian lady I met on another platform, she made enquiry for me and she said it's true that we can't go with dependent.

Flight fee is expensive and we wouldn't want to gamble with our money. Well, in our case, we got a better option. So, we forgo Mauritius.

My advice:
Pay all your fees and get the receipt before flying to Mauritius.
Visit visa will be issued to your wife on arrival. When you get to point of entry, let your wife explain that she is only accompanying you and that she will return so so day. Mind you, your wife's flight ticket must be a return ticket showing the day she will return.
You must have evidence of accomodation too and insurance. Very important!

Make proper findings and ensure your wife will be allowed to enter.
Another option which I know is that, a couple like you without kid, both of them applied to a cheap school together and went together.
So, plan well so that they won't send your wife back at point of entry.
Also, ensure you two have a valid travel/health insurance.

All this information I gave is based on my findings when I applied to poly Mauritius.
It might be different from another school.
Please, if you need any information talk to Ashwini. G the students affairs representative.
She is very helpful. Don't let anyone of this fake agents deceive you here with quick admission, cheap school fees and visa. Be ware!

Goodluck!

11 Likes

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by shibato1(m): 12:34am On Apr 22, 2022
BunmiBie:

Hello!
Polytechnics Mauritius is actually okay.i was in same shoe with you.
I applied for nursing, submitted my documents and they were about to start processing my visa when halted the processing.
Why?
I am married and I have a year old son.
They told me it's not allowed to come with any dependent. In fact, there is a woman in that same school that couldn't go with her child and husband, the last time I checked she was still trying to get her husband a Job in Mauritius so that he and their child can relocate.
I spoke to another Mauritian lady I met on another platform, she made enquiry for me and she said it's true that we can't go with dependent.

Flight fee is expensive and we wouldn't want to gamble with our money. Well, in our case, we got a better option. So, we forgo Mauritius.

My advice:
Pay all your fees and get the receipt before flying to Mauritius.
Visit visa will be issued to your wife on arrival. When you get to point of entry, let your wife explain that she is only accompanying you and that she will return so so day. Mind you, your wife's flight ticket must be a return ticket showing the day she will return.
You must have evidence of accomodation too and insurance. Very important!

Make proper findings and ensure your wife will be allowed to enter.
Another option which I know is that, a couple like you without kid, both of them applied to a cheap school together and went together.
So, plan well so that they won't send your wife back at point of entry.
Also, ensure you two have a valid travel/health insurance.

All this information I gave is based on my findings when I applied to poly Mauritius.
It might be different from another school.
Please, if you need any information talk to Ashwini. G the students affairs representative.
She is very helpful. Don't let anyone of this fake agents deceive you here with quick admission, cheap school fees and visa. Be ware!

Goodluck!

Thank you sir
I really appreciate your time
Seem's I am going back to plan B which is UK they gave me option of coming with my wife as dependant

1 Like

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by shibato1(m): 12:36am On Apr 22, 2022
mekanta7:

Polytechnic Mauritius, I guess you're going for Nursing Program, that's nice. Your dependant will be on tourist visa most times which has a maximum duration of 6months. Within this months, you can file a legal case to allow her stay.
The pregnancy stuff, do you mean that she's pregnant? If yes, how many months old.

She's Pregnant and in her 6th Month
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by mekanta7(m): 5:57am On Apr 22, 2022
shibato1:

She's Pregnant and in her 6th Month
Ohh she will be due for delivery before your visa is out.. you have to relax and have your baby first before travelling to any country. Even UK will be difficult as she will be due before your visa comes out. Shift your travelling till next year and help your wife out as its her first time... I wish you well....

4 Likes

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by shibato1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
mekanta7:

Ohh she will be due for delivery before your visa is out.. you have to relax and have your baby first before travelling to any country. Even UK will be difficult as she will be due before your visa comes out. Shift your travelling till next year and help your wife out as its her first time... I wish you well....

Thanks Bro
I have started processing uk Admission already for September intake hopefully will be travelling by August
My wife will join me by next year maybe after 6months or so
Let me go and prepare a place for them �

4 Likes

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by shibato1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
Just got offer in Middlesex University Mauritius
For BSc Degree (3years)

I only have money to pay for this first year tuition
My questions, will i be able to work out the €5200 to pay for the upcoming years ?
Or should i still wait for UK study offer for Masters

Please help me so i can make the right decision

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by shibato1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
My dependant can use Tourist visa for 2weeks

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by Sanguine1: 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Hello all!
I just started reading this trend and I found it so interesting especially what Gurus in house said so far. But i have 3 questions to ask.

1. What if i remove the available balance from the account after printed the Bank statement? Are they still going to verify if the available is still in place?

2. When are we sending official transcript direct from our schools to MAURITIUS? So that i can start the process as soon as possible.

3. Is MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION has mandatory internship abroad.
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by mekanta7(m): 6:18am On Apr 27, 2022
shibato1:
For BSc Degree (3years)

My questions, will i be able to work out the €5200 to pay for the upcoming years ?

No sir, it is impossible to work out the money.. very impossible. Kindly widen your horizon to another country
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by mekanta7(m): 6:30am On Apr 27, 2022
shibato1:
My dependant can use Tourist visa for 2weeks

Like I quoted you before now. The maximum extendable limit is 6months. My class mate came with her 7years old son. The UK embassy here allowed them to add the son on her UK visa application earlier this month. Now she plans on dropping her son off in the UK when she visits. Currently she already submitted an appeal to grant her son more months as thesame with her permit, but the application is still in process. The UK stuff is her second option. Na Indian girl sha..
You can apply to UK schools my guy, freestyle Mauritius
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by mekanta7(m): 6:32am On Apr 27, 2022
Sanguine1:
Hello all!
I just started reading this trend and I found it so interesting especially what Gurus in house said so far. But i have 3 questions to ask.

1. What if i remove the available balance from the account after printed the Bank statement? Are they still going to verify if the available is still in place?

2. When are we sending official transcript direct from our schools to MAURITIUS? So that i can start the process as soon as possible.

To your first question, you can remove the money after printing the statement of account.
To other questions, direct them to your supposed international admission office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by Sanguine1: 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
mekanta7:

Thanks boss, please help us send cheap schools here. Please

To your first question, you can remove the money after printing the statement of account.
To other questions, direct them to your supposed international admission office.
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by Sanguine1: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=Sanguine1 post=112332919][/quote]

Thanks boss, please help us send cheap schools here. Please
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by Bmuhd4smile: 1:14am On Apr 28, 2022
shibato1:
Hello Mekanta7

School Fee 4000 usd

"

Guys i need your advice

Thanks

Am not in mauritius but with the info I have about mauritius.....Mekanta have given you the best advice... Mauritius is not the right destination considering your circumstances.

If you can afford UK.... its the best option considering your wife and baby.

Moreover, you will be doing masters in UK not BSC... You will recoup back your capital investment in the UK and make more money. Your wife too will be able to work...
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by Bmuhd4smile: 1:18am On Apr 28, 2022
Sanguine1:
Hello all!

If you are interested in getting masters in business administration that have option of internship abroad....then channel your study destination to france.

1 Like

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by jurrsh(m): 10:40am On Apr 28, 2022
I can't find the application link for university of technology Mauritius anywhere.. pls can anybody help?
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by BunmiBie: 11:10am On Apr 30, 2022
[quote author=shibato1 post=112162566]

Thank you sir
I really appreciate your time
Seem's I am going back to plan B which is UK they gave me option of coming with my wife as dependant
T
[/uote]

Please, UK is better for you, your child and unborn baby.
Mauritius is just a stepping stone and In fact, may be better for singles.

1 Like

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by BunmiBie: 11:11am On Apr 30, 2022
shibato1:

Thanks Bro
I have started processing uk Admission already for September intake hopefully will be travelling by August
My wife will join me by next year maybe after 6months or so
Let me go and prepare a place for them �

Good decision.good luck

1 Like

Re: Mauritius Study And Work by Da12da: 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
After getting admission to a university in Mauritius. What steps are there to follow ? Can someone please point me to the information if the question has already been answered in the thread. Thanks
Re: Mauritius Study And Work by sonssyo: 3:13pm On May 01, 2022
shibato1:
For BSc Degree (3years)

Do they mean you should pay £8000 abi 2400 after paying 2800?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (35) (Reply)

Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain / Living In Saskatchewan, Canada / Private Jets Charter In Nigeria: How Much It Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.