Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: (5617 Views)

Poll: Job, Full-time, Or Part-time?

Job: 5% (2 votes)
Full time studies: 27% (11 votes)
Part time studies: 67% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters / How Advisable Is Hopping From One Job To Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: by Faddy(m): 9:37am On Aug 29, 2007
I am also in your present situation, go for part time program and don't try to leave your job.
Re: I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: by wesan123(m): 7:19am On Aug 31, 2007
Hi,
A lot of people would give u advices but the CHOICE IS YOURS TO MAKE!
I hope u make the right choice that you will not regret in the future.
The choice u make now will go a long way into shaping ur future.
- You may want to try out LBS (Lagos Business School) - 'expensive' but with Greater/brighter chances of a 'secure' future!
- You may also want to try out professional courses like ICAN/ACCA, CISA,NIM,IT certs etc while u maintain ur job.
- You may also enrol at these Distance Learning Campuses - Lasu etc.

Wishing you all the best in ur decision making!

Regards
Re: I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: by obula(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2007
brother, u hav done so well by saving. i tell u obtaining a uni degree from any igerian university is not beans. it is capital intensive. pls look for another investment that can guarantee u annual steady income that will be enough to cater for ur studies fees. investment in securities like shares is a long term thing. why not setting up a small scale venture. As an Economist by training, u think wisely about the inflow of income. de best[/color][/b]
Re: I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: by wesan123(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2007
Hello Marjson,
You would get a lot of advices from people but the decision remains yours to make!
You have to be extremely careful in your decision making at this stage because whatever decision you make now may determine how bright or dull your future will look like!
I have the following options:
- Professional Courses - ICAN/ACCA, CISA, CIS, NIM, IT Certifications etc
- Lagos Business School (LBS) expensive but the chances of getting a very good job are the BRIGHTESS in this country!
- Part time course in these satelite campuses - LASU etc.

Wishing you all the best in your decision making

Regards
Re: I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: by Mustay(m): 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2007
so what skul did u settle for finally
Re: I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: by Oleekay: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2007
[b][i]I'm using this opportunity to advise you on the question you asked, cus am also in your shoe.The best thing to do is to be on a part time job since the salary is attractive and can be manage,try and spend it sensibly so that if there is a fuckup along the line there would no regret. Thanks

Oleekay.
Re: I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: by onikoyia(m): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2007
well my broda i tot the first two member has given a gud response to ur memo so please try and work on that i wish u all the best in life amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Interested Engrs: Learn Autocad On This Thread / Soundcraft Academy PRESENTS... (music Production/sound Engineering Training) / Nigerian Bank Employee Grades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.