Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria (26240 Views)

List Of Europeans University That Offers Free Master And Phd Degree / Say No to JAMB!!! Get Bsc/MSC/PHD degree from Lincoln university USA here in Nig / Where Is Yemi Osinbajo's Phd Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by Yemosexy: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2021
emdis:
At ATBU tuition is 315k for the 3 sessions.. I have a receipt with me

Thank you for this info.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by Yemosexy: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kcgeology:
Lots of factors come into play. Sch fees alone in most sch in d southeast is 110k to 120k per session, multiplyd by d num of year u will spend, the earliest being 4years. Cost of research will also depend on ur research interest, ranging 4rm 600k and above. Keep like 60k for Schorlarly publications. Advantage being that u can commence d program with wteva little cash u hv and tk d program in ur stride. Disadvantage being disruption of academics wt strike., lack of quality lab for analysis. Lack of support 4rm govt thru grants.

Thank you, this is quite informative.
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by Yemosexy: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2021
oshorstan:
Edo University Uzairue, near Auchi , Edo state is 250K a session, and there is no ASUU strike wahala. You will graduate at the right time. Everything is in a copacetic condition.

If you're interested, kindly Google the school for everything.

Thank you for this, I actually want a school withing SW region.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by hardbody: 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2021
Yemosexy:

Which school are you conducting your research?

Leadcity University, Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by Yemosexy: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
EhisChelsea1:

250k -450k for real? Not even enough to pay your school fees for a PhD program in the CHEAPEST Federal University. And school fees na the smallest and least wen u go pay for wen you Dey do your PhD program

I guess he meant 250k - 400k per semester.
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
samtol4:
It is better to do it outside Nigeria where you will be paid
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by Elsueno: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2021
Yemosexy:

I actually can't afford studying abroad and in private Unis in Nigeria.

Well, u can try University of Ibadan, apart from d usual strike, their lectures hardly waste time....
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 3:40am On Oct 20, 2021
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 4:02am On Oct 20, 2021
Misternas89:

Which school is that please if you don’t mind me asking? Course works stopped at MSc where I did mine at OAU, the same with Unilorin where I had my 1st degree. My first time seeing there’s still course works again at PhD level.
It depends on the department. There is coursework in Unilorin as at 2013 in Accounting Department.
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by Misternas89(m): 7:11am On Oct 20, 2021
DonroxyII:
It depends on the department. There is coursework in Unilorin as at 2013 in Accounting Department.
Oh now I gotcha….there was this man running his PhD when I was still an undergrad (400L) in the year 2011/2012, Mr Shittu who majors in Parasitology was busy with research works throughout his course of doing his PhD. There’s nothing like course works as I can remembered. All lies on which department as you rightly said. But bros wetin dem go use the weighted mean, the scores of the PhD course work do?
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
For refresher purposes to reboot their atrophied academic brain cells
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
Misternas89:

Oh now I gotcha….there was this man running his PhD when I was still an undergrad (400L) in the year 2011/2012, Mr Shittu who majors in Parasitology was busy with research works throughout his course of doing his PhD. There’s nothing like course works as I can remembered. All lies on which department as you rightly said. But bros wetin dem go use the weighted mean, the scores of the PhD course work do?
The Pass Mark is still 50% but the hustle for 60% is still there. You know, anyone who wants to apply for Grants and so on needs booster. The course work is on Major Courses underlying your Discipline. In Accounting for example: Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Public Sector Accounting, Oil and Gas Accounting Possibly Econometrics etc .
I think they usually do like five courses or so divided into two semesters.

It all depends on what the Board of the Department deemfit for the Academic Session.Course work is mostly Department's decision ratified by the Postgraduate school and Senate.
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by Misternas89(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2021
DonroxyII:
The Pass Mark is still 50% but the hustle for 60% is still there. You know, anyone who wants to apply for Grants and so on needs booster. The course work is on Major Courses underlying your Discipline. In Accounting for example: Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Public Sector Accounting, Oil and Gas Accounting Possibly Econometrics etc .
I think they usually do like five courses or so divided into two semesters.

It all depends on what the Board of the Department deemfit for the Academic Session.Course work is mostly Department's decision ratified by the Postgraduate school and Senate.
Now I understand ur explanation. It all depends on each Department’s decision ultimately. I can’t imagine myself doing course work again during PhD…..something wey I don forget say I do way back at MSc
Re: Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria by DocJoseph(m): 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hello nairalanders, I want to know the cost of running a PhD degree program in Nigeria Federal and State Universities as I'm considering taking up this challenge but I need this information.

Those who are currently running this program and those who've completed theirs, your contributions is very much needed, mostly for UNILAG.

MOD kindly move to frontpage please to get more contributions.
.......�

I heard that PhD medicine is 300k a session in Uniben.

Pls don't mind those losers trying to discourage you into doing ur PhD in Nigeria..,
The truth is, they hate Education. My advice is, go for ur program, wen you finished, travel abroad and work there. Don't mind those guys....because PhD is cheap in Nigeria, but very expensive abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The "O" In BODMAS Doesn't Stand For Of / Unilag Releases 2018/2019 Admission Cut-off (pics) / Robbers Molest University Of Calabar Student To Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.