Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC (37600 Views)

Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo Receives Ambassador Of Israel To Nigeria / See The Nigerians Mr Macaroni Is Fighting For / Ahmed Maje: 300 People Trained In Israel To Cause Mayhem In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
AlexBells:
I'm not surprised at whatever happening in Nigeria, we are all victims of religious imperialism, Alas it is already late, mostly nothing can be done to free the continent of this spiritual slavery, the North would kill and destroy in the name of Islam, The East has it's own fanaticism in Christianity and now Jewish maniac, the west is confused in their parallel of Christianity, Islam and dangerous diabolicals,

I don't know what's happening yet a return to our traditional religion is always marred with inhuman practices, nothing can be done, let the jewish be loaned to Isreal, let the Islamic fundamentalist be loaned to Saudi Arabia, let the Yoruba Muslms be loaned to Saudi and their Christian to Italy, let the remaining Igbo Christians be loaned to Vatican let's know how many of us that is leaving for North Korea or China.

Hahhahahahahaah
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by musicwriter(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
The people in Israel today (except Ethiopians and few other blacks) are not the same as the Jews discussed in the Tanaka and the bible. White people in Israel today are Jewish converts, fortunately, history is clear on when they converted to Judaism. They officially converted to Judaism in around 740 AD when the Khazar king chose Judaism as the religion of his empire. Read it in the book: the thirteenth tribe- by Arthur Koestler. Another book is: the invention of the Jews- by Shlomo Sands.

Several research had already been done in the USA (by white scholars) to determine who the Jews of the bible were and they all concluded that white people cannot be the Jews of the bible. Read it in the book: the international Jews. Another book is: the iron curtain over America.

A people are known by the name of their language.

A person from Japan speaks Japanese.
A person from China speaks Chinese.
Korea= Korean.
Russia= Russian.
Zulu= Zulu
Yoruba= Yoruba
Hausa= Hausa
Jew= Jewian??
Israel= Isrealian?

Now, the so called Jews in Israel speak HEBREW. The citizenship or ethnicity doesn't match the language!!. That's a big RED flag!! If a Jew speaks HEBREW, then it means anybody in Israel claiming to be Jew adopted a religion and language called HEBREW in ancient time from people called Hebrews, Ebrews. This sounds to me like Ebos, Ibos.

Both the bible and Tanaka says that the Jews were BLACKS in several places. The author of Song of Solomon said that he/she was black. Song of Solomon Chapter 1:5:6 "I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

Look not upon me, because I am black"

Note that I am not interested in religion but just stating what I've been able to glean from both history and the bible itself. When I left Christianity I thought that Judaism would be a better option but I researched it and discovered that those people in Israel are also a fraud. The biggest fraud on earth is Jesus followed by white people in Israel claiming to be Jews.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by 1Sharon(f): 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
Racoon:
Why the so much resentment tone by the writer of this piece? Is there anything wrong if an Igbo is Jewish by ancestry?

Igbos are not Jewish by ancestry!
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by tatatar: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Being Jewish is a religion AND an ethnicty.
These people are not just practising Judaism which anyone can do, but are claiming to have Jewish ancestry. That's the problem.

You cannot convert to an ethnicity.
Most Jews are irreligious. You don't even need to practice Judaism... The ethnicity is the foremost aspect which they're completely not.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Sufisunni: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
zuchyblink:
Immediately I saw BBC NB i took to my heels
fools!
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by 1Sharon(f): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
RichAbujaGuy:
Interesting. Most of the Jews living in Israel today from Europe are converts to Judaism from Khazaria (The 13th Tribe) near Turkey centuries ago and not the Middle East.
Igbo Jews should just practice their religion as best they can and be good with self and God. Forget this acceptance stuff from an 1948 created aparthied country.

Turkey IS in the middle East and you're talking about the Ashkenazi jews, but what about the other Jewish tribes?

You don't even know what other talking about.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by 1Sharon(f): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2021
einsteine:
The Nigerian civil war caused a lot of inferiority complex for Igbos. From a proud, successful tribes, the Igbos started doing attaché by force to the extent of claiming to be Jews, something that even a dullard should know is total nonsense.

I understand their confusion because some cultural practises are similar, but jews came from igbos
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by 1Sharon(f): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
ubanett:

IDOL WORSHIPING?

When you Nigerians bow to the statue of a white Christ in a catholic church, when you believe the picture of oledepo can protect you, when you believe extra virgin olive oil has divine powers you don't see that see that as idol worshipping?

Why do you Christian and Muslim hypocrites only reserve idol wirshipping for indigenous religions? Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by 1Sharon(f): 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
tatatar:

Most Jews are irreligious. You don't even need to practice Judaism... The ethnicity is the foremost aspect which they're completely not.

You're right... Nigerians really know nothing about jews at all. An actual jew with Jewish ancestry that's an atheist is accepted over a non-jew that follow the religion to a T.

Israel is an ethnostate.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
Mftivi:
The DNA was tested against what ? Who made BBC or the reporter the keeper of DNA were Hebrews from UK or from any Country in the West ? Have you tried to trace the history of Hebrews okay were they even white people ? It is on record that Hebrews were brown people why are the people in Israel now looking like Europeans ? My problem with Africans is that you people are just too fookin Duuumb!

Lol. We are not as "fookin duuumb" as you are though. Loser.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by BJanta: 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2021
Maxymilliano:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-58917825?at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom4=6BB24E24-3001-11EC-A396-8814BECD475E&at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=BBC+News+Africa

The Igbos are truly a lost tribe : they neither can trace their ancestry nor locate it. They whip up spurious stories and fables to account for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by BJanta: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Case Closed cool

And dismissed .
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Probz(m): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
There’s a possibility that people from certain parts of Anambra and Delta Igbo did, indeed, descend from Jews (or the other way around). The fact that there’s no unassailable evidence to prove it yet doesn’t mean it mightn’t be the case (Igbo history’s been mostly wiped out and until things are retrieved and ancient practices fully unlocked and revealed, anecdotes are the one thing we do have to go off and there’s no harm in indulging them).

But yeah. This conversation has literally nothing to do with southern Igbos (Imo and Abia state people) so those Igbos should automatically remove themselves from these conversations. This is one that only the Eri/Nri-descended Igbos should find out between themselves.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Probz(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
Nothing concerns Aba and Mbaise people with this type of Igbo discourse. Nothing at all.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Mftivi: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Grayoso:

Lol. We are not as "fookin duuumb" as you are though. Loser.
good that you know you are duumb
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
Mftivi:
good that you know you are duumb

Good that you admit you're dumber. Olodo.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Probz(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
wink2015:
Majority of Igbos are CATHOLICAN by religion.

Someone out there would question the viability of such a consideration.

It would be challenging for the Israeli to consider them jews.

Ethiopians and Eritreans have been fighting for similar recognization but without success.

I do not see the Israeli considering them as that would be adding more troubles to their already problematic encounter with the palestinian and other angry arabs in the middle east.

That bit about most Igbos being Catholic by origin isn’t quite true. There might be a much greater proportion of Catholic Igbos than with other ethnic groups (that much is for sure) but states like Abia have always, always been more Pentecostal (or at least Methodist)-than-Catholic-leaning. Enugu State’s kind of similar (I feel like the Protestant:Catholic ratio there is similar to what it is in Ondo or Lagos State). Anambra’s half-Anglican, half-Catholic by roots. It’s really only Imo State that ‘boasts’ of the majority of its indigenes being christened Catholic and even Imolites are dropping their Catholic nonsense for Pentecostal.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Probz(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
Salvofthesouth:

In the eyes of Britain being British-Nigerian is just ordinary paper. When it comes to real deal your British-Nigerianness is inconsequential.
I am not surprised when it comes to BBC and UK. They are the most evil people of the white race. Racist and terrorists

Nah. The U.K. is pretty okay.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by stinechykee: 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
FakeUnity:
Just like Christianity, if anyone Igbo, yoruba, fulani, Ibibio decides to practice Judaism, why is that a problem for anyone?

DNA or no DNA, religious freedom is recognised nationally countrywide and internationally. Did yoruba muslims share the same DNA with mohammadu pbuh before they became muslims? Why all the fuse by BBC?
Please help me ask this children of hate oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by stinechykee: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
Arda1000:
dumbo it's from British broadcasting commission not from any Isreal report infact most Isreali accept Igbo Jews Rabbis and they teach without abuse in different synagogues in Tel Aviv and other Isreal cities
Don't mind those envious and jealous people.I don't know why they akway feel threatened in anything that concerns Igbos and I have been asking myself this questions with no answers
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by stinechykee: 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
Arda1000:
dumbo it's from British broadcasting commission not from any Isreal report infact most Isreali accept Igbo Jews Rabbis and they teach without abuse in different synagogues in Tel Aviv and other Isreal cities
Don't mind those envious and jealous people.I don't know why they akway feel threatened in anything that concerns Igbos and I have been asking myself this questions with no answers but they will keep failing
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by stinechykee: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
SlayerForever:
What we need is a separate entity outside this shithole. Recognition from Israel or any Jewish nation is secondary. Our talents are wasting away in this shithole.
This is what I have been saying.When we have our own country trust me Israelis will come knocking and begging to accept Igbos as their lost tribe
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by stinechykee: 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
Philipponzaghi:

How can there be two Ibos?

One of Jewish ancestry another of Igbo only ancestory?

Can you please educate me on this phenomenon?
See who is calling someone dumb whereas you are the one who is as dumb as what I don't know.Hope you know that there is Fulani Arab while there is Nigeria Fulani,same way there is Fulanis in other African countries.So there is ancient Igbos that is already on ground before Gad and his brothers left Egypt to settle in Anambra state,one of the president State in South East and when they got married to ancient Igbo women that was how they established their own Jewish lineage called Igbo Jews.I know that after giving you this explaination which actually indirectly the explanation wasn't for you but bright mind that cares to understand because I know that enviness will not let you accept it but I don't f..king care
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by stinechykee: 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
compton11:
Dumb ass stupid Igbo niggas.

Y'all need to be proud of your flateheadnness! gringrin
If Igbos that knows that identity come out to talk you people that different individuals that said you Yorubas and Fulanis are brothers will come out to talk ehhhh Is only jealousy and enviness that is killing you Yorubas because Igbos Jews.Today Tinubu will say that you Yorubas and Fulanis related, tomorrow FFK will say that his great grand Mother is a Fulani women, another day one man I forgot his name went to memory lane to explain how Yorubas and Fulanis related and you people were foaming and cursing the man.Unreliable and shady people
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by stinechykee: 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
paramakina202:
Those of our people who claim to come from Israel are shameless more especially the ÜmüEri clan and their traditional leadership who claim their forefather was son of Gad grin they forgot that ERI is not a Hebrew word but rather an English tranlation of a Jewish name grin.
If you see how stupid and useless you sound you should have learn just to mind your business.I have asked this question uptith times what is this jealousy from other tribes of this country called Nigeria against Igbos,can't you people learn how to mind your business and let Igbos you people said that you hate with passion be ehh They said that they are Jews and other tribes keep on getting unnecessary angry on what that does not concern them.God what is this
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by paramakina202: 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
ajl:

You will be amazed that Judaism is closer to many African traditional religions than Christianity in practice and norms. But most Nigerians are clueless. The lost tribes of Israel are spread all over Africa, in fact one group of people called the Lemba tribe in Southern Africa were discovered by a British genetist. No one believed them though they practiced Judaism for generation. It was found that they belong to the Levites, the priestly house of Aaron. They carry a unique DNA linked to the Levites, and they have that DNA more than most males in present day Israel. Most of the white Israelite are not the original jews but are descendants of converts. They are called Ashkenazi jews. Lots of original lost tribes of Israel are spread across West Africa. Imagine if they could travel as far as Southern Africa. Most of them fled during the days of Babylonian invasion of Usrael.

You are still deceiving yourself about being a lost tribe of Israel even when evidence has proves otherwise.Today Jews looks exactly like their neighbours,Syrians,Gordanians,Lebanese and Arabs who are closely related to them.....Why are those people not blacks?
There are Jews who remained in their homeland throughout history they are not blacks too.If anybody should question identity of todays Israelis it should their Arab neighbours who have known them and lived with them and still does till today not you a west African Negro.
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by stinechykee: 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
Factshunter:
grin

OMG!

This Oyinbo people can be brutal. See how they openly rubbished, ridiculed, and tribe-shamed the self-acclaimed, self-jews of the lost Jews of Nigeria. My gosh!!! grin

This is shameful and ego-damaging. Lmao cheesy

See the high level of Bully!!!!! cheesy
The headline is brutal to start with. lipsrsealed
Hahaha don't let jealousy consume you.Keep on making mockery of yourself thinking you are doing Igbo Jews cos it will do you and your like like film when time come
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by paramakina202: 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2021
stinechykee:
If you see how stupid and useless you sound you should have learn just to mind your business.I have asked this question uptith times what is this jealousy from other tribes of this country called Nigeria against Igbos,can't you people learn how to mind your business and let Igbos you people said that you hate with passion be ehh They said that they are Jews and other tribes keep on getting unnecessary angry on what that does not concern them.God what is this

Small portion of Igbos said they are Jews not every Igboman that makes such silly claim.Secondly since you have no shame by claiming a white man as your brother and the whiteman have told you several times that you are not in anyway related to him why not rest if have any self respect.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Factshunter: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
stinechykee:
Hahaha don't let jealousy consume you.Keep on making mockery of yourself thinking you are doing Igbo Jews cos it will do you and your like like film when time come

Such a childish thing, ....Ibo Jews again shocked

Jealous of what, if may ask? Shame no dey catch you people ni? Is this an ordinary something at all cos I don't understand this childish, embarrassing, and annoying attache stupidity...where it's coming from really! You people from that part of the country are embarrassing the pride and dignity of black people. Gosh!!!

Jealous? Ewww cheesy
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Hassanmaye(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
SlyDev:
The igbos have 0.0000% Jew DNA - Isreal Jewish association

Fulani and Yoruba have more Jewish DNA than the tribe shouting yeshua upadan
Hahahhahahaha please
Re: The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC by Philipponzaghi: 12:44am On Oct 20, 2021
stinechykee:
See who is calling someone dumb whereas you are the one who is as dumb as what I don't know.Hope you know that there is Fulani Arab while there is Nigeria Fulani,same way there is Fulanis in other African countries.So there is ancient Igbos that is already on ground before Gad and his brothers left Egypt to settle in Anambra state,one of the president State in South East and when they got married to ancient Igbo women that was how they established their own Jewish lineage called Igbo Jews.I know that after giving you this explaination which actually indirectly the explanation wasn't for you but bright mind that cares to understand because I know that enviness will not let you accept it but I don't f..king care

Thank you sir.

So which one are you? Igbo, jew, Jewish Igbo, or Igbo Jewish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Market Women Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha (PICTURES) / Arthur Agwuncha Nwankwo Is Dead / Why Presidency Should Go To The Southeast – Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.