Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table (78816 Views)

My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom / Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by HenryThegreat1(m): 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
Only recognised type of marriage in the bible is traditional..
You made no sense...

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by ClassicMan202(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:

I guess the bolded is based on where you come from, as in your tribe right? Cos as far as logical sane minds are concerned, the children belong to the parents, as in the husband and wife, in case of divorce and whatnot, custody will/should be given to who is best suitable to take care of them efficiently.

Seems like Op is on a mission to create baseless unwarranted arguments and unnecessary war of words between both genders undecided

Why are you arguing like someone high on some substance? If you don't know about your culture and traditions go and ask an elder

15 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by colestephan86: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:
Only women who are married monogamously under the marriage act (in court or in an approved church) have the right to say “My husband is cheating on me”! If you are only married traditionally, your husband never vowed to be faithful to you!

when you are married only under native law and custom your husband has the right to marry as many wives as he wants and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Also your children belong to him custody wise under native law and custom.

Constrictive criticism is allowed
I think men should marry more wife's if they are capable.
Have you ever heard a Muslim lady, especially northern ladies praying for husband?

8 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by buragidi(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
habsydiamond:
if they wer handed down by them... Was it indicated that with only traditional marriage alone, the husband is entitled to marriage more wives... Majority of our forefather and grandparents indulge in
marrying more than one wife because they are rich then and they see marrying many wife as a way to flaunt their wealth.

Not entirely correct. Many of the men of old were farmers who required farmhands. The easiest way to do this is to marry as many wives and bear many children.

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Justiceleague12: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Where is it explicitly stated that all traditional marriages is automatic polygamy or adultery approved? Show us proof, link pls, don't just spew your own opinion as fact.
One bottle beer for you.

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Are you for real right now? You made up a marriage law of 1920 to prove your automatic adultery and polygamy assumptions? Lol and I actually took you serious. Kobo, I don't do assumptions, I do facts, and I don't like arguing baselessly, seems like you love the continuous back and forth and going around in circles, I'm done here,

Pls don't quote me so I won't have to quote you.
You are clearly not processing any of this at all. Whenever you begin to, maybe we can continue from there. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
You made no sense...
That is a lie! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by maureensylvia(f): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
ShaqFu:
You don't know me that's why you assume... anyway thank goodness I'm not you. grin cheesy

I'll pass
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Sleekfingers: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:
Only women who are married monogamously under the marriage act (in court or in an approved church) have the right to say “My husband is cheating on me”! If you are only married traditionally, your husband never vowed to be faithful to you!

when you are married only under native law and custom your husband has the right to marry as many wives as he wants and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Also your children belong to him custody wise under native law and custom.

I am from the southwest.... traditional wedding favours the men the most.....the man can marry a second wife or impregnate any woman.....and there is nothing the Ist wife can do about it.....na only begging go end am........

That's why I strongly advice women to insist on court wedding......if the man do anyhow, he go see anyhow........

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by maureensylvia(f): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
You made no sense...

Is this topic really bogus my dear?
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sterope:
Lmao. You are so wrong. Legal marriage won't make a tiny difference in your relationship. He will marry more wives, the children he recognises outside wedlock will have a right on his properties and it won't stop him from cheating. You can sue for bigamy but good luck with that grin

Who wants the headache that comes from going to court?
You are terribly mistaken. With court marriage, polygamy is automatically not allowed. And in the case of a divorce, the risk of walking away empty-handed is greatly reduced. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Dotman2210(m): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:

Unreasonable response, this is why you never made it in life

Hahaha, wicked
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by TheGreatOne90: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Enter court marriage with nigerian woman, at your own risk. Na your property and money she dey target so

5 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by maureensylvia(f): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
Dotman2210:

Hahaha, wicked

Mehnnnn I won't allow them to roast me like they did the other time cheesy
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
sanpipita:
If there's no exchange of fidelity vows how then is fidelity only meant for the woman, your point is very illogical
Because most traditional laws shackle shackle woman as property of the man. undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by maureensylvia(f): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheGreatOne90:
Enter court marriage with nigerian woman, at your own risk. Na your property and money she dey target so

Haba brother
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by paweln(m): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
this is something to ponder

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Biglittlelois(f): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
ClassicMan202:

Why are you arguing like someone high on some substance? If you don't know about your culture and traditions go and ask an elder

To answer your question, you are high on substance, and since you know my culture and traditions, you must know where I come from, so enlighten me.

3 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
matm:
Once dowry is paid and accepted,marriage has taken place.
And the women becomes property of the man. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Stfe(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What is traditional marriage? undecided
There are typically no oaths or agreements taken by either party on the issue of adultery, are there?, undecided
Oga,is welding our cultuer or the white-man's culture? Why doing tradition b4 wedding? It all depends on who is involve.A man can wed and still be committing adultery.
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Crochet: 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sleekfingers:
I am from the southwest.... traditional wedding favours the men the most.....the man can marry a second wife or impregnate any woman.....and there is nothing the Ist wife can do about it.....na only begging go end am........

That's why I strongly advice women to insist on court wedding......if the man do anyhow, he go see anyhow........
Thank you! undecided

Saintmary, here's another person telling you of southwestern tradition as it is even to this day. undecided
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Sterope(f): 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
The man never ready to marry more wives. How much do these women get in Nigeria?

Women in traditional marriages don't walk away completely empty handed as well in customary courts.

Kobojunkie:
You are terribly mistaken. With court marriage, polygamy is automatically not allowed. And in the case of a divorce, the risk of walking away empty-handed is greatly reduced. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Solatium(m): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:

So a foreign religion or tradition is what you need to validate your existence in life?
Who even told you anyone married in church or Court can not cheat with another woman/man?
Please go back and read books on Nigeria culture and society

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by samuelson06(m): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:

You are talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Sterope(f): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Advice that won't stop their men from adultery or polygamy and divorce that might not even put a house in their names.

Let them use that energy and time they plan on wasting in court to be proactive and plan for their future.

Sleekfingers:

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Stfe:
Oga,is welding our cultuer or the white-man's culture? Why doing tradition b4 wedding? It all depends on who is involve. A man can wed and still be committing adultery.
You are right that a man can do court and stil commit adultery but then the woman has a valid say in things. That is what the Op is attempting to say here. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Biglittlelois(f): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are clearly not processing any of this at all. Whenever you begin to, maybe we can continue from there. undecided

Lol the processing problem is actually from you, and no, we won't continue this conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by ClassicMan202(m): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
Saintmary:

Ekìtì dominant in Yorubaland?

Wetin we no go see from all these children.
Ekìtì dominant? Mogbó tun tun.
Very soon you people will start to call Olúwòó of Ìwóland A-class king because of his exuberance.

Your choice of words is just bad. You could have said popular or well-known.

Come here let me school you if you don't have enough knowledge.

Are you intentionally mixing this up or it's just genuine misunderstanding?

It say the dominant tribe in Ekiti is Yoruba not the other way round

3 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by InvertedHammer: 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:

/
Too many brainwashed zombies breathing our air.

So church and court wedding have curbed infidelity?

Marriage in all forms abhors infidelity. Some traditionalists try to make it official by embracing polygamy while some hypocritical Christians like you prefer sidechics and concubines. Lest I forget, the Oyibo that preach against polygamy are still practicing it legally in Utah. Go figure!

You are replacing morality with paper certificates.

/

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by goodsam23: 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
The Truth Might shock a lot of people but the OP is 100% correct.. In Traditional/Customary marriage, The bride price ties the bride to the groom, however it doesn't tie the groom to the bride... Kindly research this..
Also note that a woman is only allowed custody of the children in customary marriage until the kids are 8 years old, when they are actually considered old enough to leave their mother, most men simply allow the woman to continue suffering with the burden of the childrens upbringing until sometimes they have even graduated from UNI, then he will claim his children... Kindly go to any customary court near your place of residence & confirm..
Being woke, speaking good and fluent grammar and quoting social media influencers counts for nothing in real life marriage issues & child custody battles..
I am happily married & did both traditional and court wedding with my wife.. But is is important our people understand the Law. I have a sister & I have educated her on this same issue since she is single but ready to settle down. As far as Traditional Marriage is concerned, a man cannot cheat.. I am shocked that most ladies on this platform are attacking the OP. She is sharing information that can save them from future regrets.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sterope:
The man never ready to marry more wives. How much do these women get in Nigeria?

Women in traditional marriages don't walk away completely empty handed as well in customary courts.
Interesting! Can you please be more specific about any case in customary law of this sort? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Unfortunately I Am Not The Father Of My Fourth Child / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.