Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table (78823 Views)

My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom / Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
DEMZEE:
It's biology. Women can't serve two masters. They can't serve two dicks, it's their innate biological makeup.

That's why women and men cheat differently
Obviously women can hence the reason they also cheat in much the same way that men can. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Fridaya30: 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
Nothing concern cheating with church or traditional marriage. Who go cheat go cheat las as
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kajaard: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2021
Yagami:
But common, instead of arguing over superiority of gender and adultery, why not take common sense from the info the OP point out especially for WOMEN
1. Traditional marriage though acceptable and approved is NOT LEGAL BINDING
2. Traditionally, women right are bought by the husband through bride price..
3. It is HIGHLY advised to NOT settle for only traditional marriage as a woman but go for a court wedding, so as to protect your rights

Like it or not, divorce favours the man in a traditional matrimony, while it tint towards the woman for a legal or court marriage..

Ladies LEARN!!!

This I can agree with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2021
DEMZEE:
Even with court marriage men can still marry many women

Polygamy is not a crime in Nigeria
With court marriage, he first needs to get a divorce before he can marry another woman. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Aganju849: 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:
Only women who are married monogamously under the marriage act (in court or in an approved church) have the right to say “My husband is cheating on me”! If you are only married traditionally, your husband never vowed to be faithful to you!

when you are married only under native law and custom your husband has the right to marry as many wives as he wants and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Also your children belong to him custody wise under native law and custom.

Constrictive criticism is allowed

is like you don't have job
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
Yagami:
But common, instead of arguing over superiority of gender and adultery, why not take common sense from the info the OP point out especially for WOMEN
1. Traditional marriage though acceptable and approved is NOT LEGAL BINDING
2. Traditionally, women right are bought by the husband through bride price..
3. It is HIGHLY advised to NOT settle for only traditional marriage as a woman but go for a court wedding, so as to protect your rights

Like it or not, divorce favours the man in a traditional matrimony, while it tint towards the woman for a legal or court marriage..
Ladies LEARN!!!
grin
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by OmoEpe(m): 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Marriage it not "sort of" an open contract, it is an open contract when terms and conditions have being tabled towards it, it is not when nothing has been said, same way, it can also be assumed that since polygamy is not specified, it is not allowed, by default.

Stop the blind arguments. Traditionally a woman is seen as the property of the man so also her seed and all her pocessions.
The traditional marriage is based on the African tradition which is patriarchal in it's ENTIRETY.

The woman being, by this traddition the absolute property of the man isn't by any stretch of imagination permitted to contemplate being with another man.

English law is what preaches monogamy. If you desire a monogamous marriage just ensure you do a court/church wedding. That is the OPs point.

There is absolutely no provision for monogamous relationship in African tradition marriage

Hope you understand it better now?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2021
Okhuadams:
So what's ur point cos I see no point is this pointless Post
The point is traditional marriage laws do not favor women at all. undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Sleekfingers: 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
DEMZEE:

So polygamy is illegal??

Legally speaking , it is illegal......but still widely practice in nigeria......thats why a woman who got married in a court , got more legal access to her husband properties...after the man dies ...the second wife na just another decoration in the eyes of the law......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
lottomkyes200:
Even if you are married in church you can add if you want ooo it's not a sin to marry more than two wives
You cannot marry more than one wife at a time,if you stick to court marriage. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by MolarT(m): 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Majority of our forefathers were not rich or wealthy in any way. I remember my own grandfather was not a particular rich man but he had two wives because he wanted more children. undecided

Traditional laws as far as marriage remain, in most cases, as handed down and in many of these laws, women are considered property of their husbands, so also their children. So it not really in a woman's interest to be married by those very laws as the risks are extremely high that she will be deprived a share in properties from the marriage is the case of dissolution, divorce or abandonment. undecided

It's like u re a Lawyer? I just realised it and knew am gonna loose so I don't need to argue... Let me just read the comments/arguments of others
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
xynerise:
You have to be specific on the culture and traditions of the couples. You cannot use your own tradition to generalized issues as this.
Pretty much all traditional laws in Nigeria are implicated here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
MolarT:
It's like u re a Lawyer? I just realised it and knew am gonna loose so I don't need to argue... Let me just read the comments/arguments of others
I am not a lawyer! undecided
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by tctrills: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:
Only women who are married monogamously under the marriage act (in court or in an approved church) have the right to say “My husband is cheating on me”! If you are only married traditionally, your husband never vowed to be faithful to you!

when you are married only under native law and custom your husband has the right to marry as many wives as he wants and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Also your children belong to him custody wise under native law and custom.

In some customs, the children belong to the woman so you have to be specific on the custom you are referring to. Next time, come up with a complete research
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by maureensylvia(f): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
DEMZEE:

ANY MAN WEY DEY DO COURT MARRIAGE NA MUMU

Hey God ooooo
This is not cool o
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Where is it explicitly stated that infidelity is allowed when exchanging vows?

The bottom line is since it wasn’t expressly stated, monogamy is a choice not an obligation (traditionally)

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by maureensylvia(f): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
Aganju849:

is like you don't have job

Shuu we tell him cheesy grin
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Joyceaile(f): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
My hubby will never tire,I make sure I over feed him with good joyful Bleep

3 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by maureensylvia(f): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
soullove1881:

Pray for grace, nothing is un cheatable.
Even Buhari and Osinbajo vowed with Quran and Bible. A cheater is always a cheater if you like swear with IFA.

This topic is too big for you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kajaard: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Legally speaking , it is illegal......but still widely practice in nigeria......thats why a woman who got married in a court , got more legal access to her husband properties...after the man dies ...the second wife na just another decoration in the eyes of the law......

In the north it's not illegal.

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Sleekfingers: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kajaard:

In the north it's not illegal.

Those ones na people?

2 Likes

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kajaard: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
Joyceaile:
My hubby will never tire,I make sure I over feed him with good joyful Bleep

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

Mad people everywhere cheesy
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kajaard: 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Those ones na people?

Haba, why na undecided
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
tctrills:

In some customs, the children belong to the woman so you have to be specific on the custom you are referring to. Next time, come up with a complete research
Can you be more specific with customs you reference here? undecided
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Ayo081(m): 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am not a lawyer! undecided
lol
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Biglittlelois(f): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
iLoveYouToo:

The bottom line is since it wasn’t expressly stated, monogamy is a choice not an obligation (traditionally)

Same with polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Sleekfingers: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kajaard:

Haba, why na undecided

No vex
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sleekfingers:
Those ones na people?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Sterope(f): 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
https://thenigerialawyer.com/divorce-your-wife-lose-your-house-to-her-oyo-court-rules/

You should check it out. I wasn't sure it was relevant.

Kobojunkie:
No! I learnt very early how brutal the traditional marriage laws can be to women in marriage. As fsr back as the 80s, I learnt of how easily women in such marriages could be abandoned with not even a penny ,this after many years of marriage - nothing they can do about it too. undecided
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by ShaqFu: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:

Why will I know you when you are irrelevant in the society... Anyway thank goodness you can never be me
Yet you assumed I never made it in life. grin

Who in their right mind want to be you?
Re: Don't complain that your husband is cheating on you if you are on this table by Rickmann: 10:24pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:

Chai..wonders have finally ended.
Wetin I no go read for nairaland.
How does getting wedded traditionally alone, justify infidelity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Unfortunately I Am Not The Father Of My Fourth Child / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.