Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? (299 Views)

Tower Of Babel (biblical Narration) / Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution / Was The Tower Of Babel A Literal Tower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? by SSIPON(m): 5:44am On Oct 19, 2021
I am yet to understand, why God struck done the Tower Of Babel builders and didn't strike down the Wright Brothers from piercing the skies. I am yet to understand why God struck down the Tower Of Babel builders, inflicted confusion among them, yet He didn't stop NASA from leaving the planet and landing on the freaking moon.

I can only think of one reason at the moment: The people that conjured the Tower of Babel story actually thought that God/Yahweh lived in the clouds. (This will explain why characters in the Bible/Qur'an/Torah were always obsessed with "Up" (the skies). Maybe the tower of Babel story is based on an actual event. Maybe the people of.the old, were curious about the clouds and really thought that God lived there. Maybe they set out to build a tower to reach the skies, but the project was unsuccessful, and the tower saw it as a sign of God trying to stop them from reaching him.

The times when the Bible was written were really superstitious times, so I am not surprised when I hear that people of the old believed that God lived in the clouds and that diseases, lack of rain, poor farm produce were caused by "sin".

Why build Tower of Babel when they’ve had the International Space Station in orbit since 1998. Next time you see a child eating nutritious formula, thank NASA for the research connected with sustaining astronauts in space.

Why build Tower of Babel when they have multiple satellites in orbit. Next time you use the GPS on your phone thank the scientists who did the calculations.

Why build Tower of Babel when they’ve traversed the “heavens” all the way to the moon?

Why build Tower of Babel when they’ve sent crafts to Mars?

Why build Tower of Babel when they’ve sent craft on a course for interstellar space?

Why build Tower of Babel when we’ve reached the heavens and found that your god has absconded?
-KnownUnknown
Re: Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? by NaijaSatanlst: 5:58am On Oct 19, 2021
SSIPON:
I am yet to understand, why God struck done the Tower Of Babel builders and didn't strike down the Wright Brothers from piercing the skies. I am yet to understand why God struck down the Tower Of Babel builders, inflicted confusion among them, yet He didn't stop NASA from leaving the planet and landing on the freaking moon.

I can only think of one reason at the moment: The people that conjured the Tower of Babel story actually thought that God/Yahweh lived in the clouds. (This will explain why characters in the Bible/Qur'an/Torah were always obsessed with "Up" (the skies). Maybe the tower of Babel story is based on an actual event. Maybe the people of.the old, were curious about the clouds and really thought that God lived there. Maybe they set out to build a tower to reach the skies, but the project was unsuccessful, and the tower saw it as a sign of God trying to stop them from reaching him.

The times when the Bible was written were really superstitious times, so I am not surprised when I hear that people of the old believed that God lived in the clouds and that diseases, lack of rain, poor farm produce were caused by "sin".

Why build Tower of Babel when they’ve had the International Space Station in orbit since 1998. Next time you see a child eating nutritious formula, thank NASA for the research connected with sustaining astronauts in space.

Why build Tower of Babel when they have multiple satellites in orbit. Next time you use the GPS on your phone thank the scientists who did the calculations.

Why build Tower of Babel when they’ve traversed the “heavens” all the way to the moon?

Why build Tower of Babel when they’ve sent crafts to Mars?

Why build Tower of Babel when they’ve sent craft on a course for interstellar space?

Why build Tower of Babel when we’ve reached the heavens and found that your god has absconded?
-KnownUnknown
It ain't got no purpose
Re: Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2021
SSIPON:
I am yet to understand, why God struck done the Tower Of Babel builders and didn't strike down the Wright Brothers from piercing the skies.

Evil souls never see Truth. Lies is your food, therefore you must scrounge for lies.

And when you do not find one, YOU WILL COOK ONE.

Even the Bible shows you that the times in 1871 was not the Same as the year 0001 to year 1000.

Times have been changing since.

You have said it, you have refused to accept God, so you have no right to take up His Book!
Re: Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08am On Oct 19, 2021
The tower was intended to save them from further destructive deluge!
The people felt they weren't prepared enough that's why the global deluge caught them unprepared. So they decided to build something that will save them perhaps God should get annoyed and try to kill them with rain again, they believe when they climb to the top of the tower the waters won't reach there! smiley
Re: Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? by SSIPON(m): 8:15am On Oct 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The tower was intended to save them from further destructive deluge!
The people felt they weren't prepared enough that's why the global deluge caught them unprepared. So they decided to build something that will save them perhaps God should get annoyed and try to kill them with rain again, they believe when they climb to the top of the tower the waters won't reach there! smiley
Ok
Re: Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? by SSIPON(m): 8:15am On Oct 19, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Evil souls never see Truth. Lies is your food, therefore you must scrounge for lies.

And when you do not find one, YOU WILL COOK ONE.

Even the Bible shows you that the times in 1871 was not the Same as the year 0001 to year 1000.

Times have been changing since.

You have said it, you have refused to accept God, so you have no right to take up His Book!

Avoid me boss, I'm not joking.
Re: Purpose Of The Tower Of Babel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:30am On Oct 19, 2021
Alright! smiley
SSIPON:

Ok

(1) (Reply)

Troubles Don't Last Always / Avoid Habits That Can Enslave You / Maureen Badejo Enters 2022 With Fresh Trouble As Mfm Austria Pastor Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.