Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. (1283 Views)

The Most Precious Commodities I've Received Since I Was Born / Why Are Very Religious Countries More Corrupt Than Less Religious Countries? / Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Basalt(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hallo, it's me Basalt the hard rock.

I stepped in to Germany with student visa around October 2019 and things have been really amazing for me.
I must confess, not only that I am learning a lot, I'm also saving alot.

But there is one area I am lagging behind and that is my spiritual life.
As a staunch Anglican, I used to attend church every Sunday when I was in Nigeria and it's a taboo in my family not to go to church on Sundays.
Unfortunately, coming to Germany really affected my spiritual life.
Right now, I don't consider going to church as a must.
Honestly, I hardly go to church right now. It has been over one year I went to church. Sometimes I even work on Sundays.

What's the best way to be more spiritual in Germany?
God has really been so good to me, I want to be closer to Him always.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Davash222(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
Leaving Nigeria is the answer to all the prayers you've been praying. Have you seen a Politician campaigning after winning election?

All the holy ghost fire is a Nigerian mentality thing and it ends in Nigeria.

Enjoy your freedom, brethren.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
May God reignite your zeal and passion for him
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by seankafor(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lol,did those German achieve what they achieved by going to church?

My brother, you can pray anywhere if you must pray..
Whether u go church or not, e no really mean

4 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Righteousness2(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2021
Wherever you are on the Face of the Earth, Being Religious or not being religious is not really a Problem.

The Problem is if you have drifted from your Personal relationship with JESUS Christ.

It is great to see that you are Personally aware that you are going down Spiritually. You need to understand that Life is a Battle. The Battle for the soul of Humanity. The devil is out to use all Means that he can to get you from the path of Christ.

You need to Make a Sharp Concious turn from that Path. You need to Make Everyother thing Secondary (Be it Money, Job, Spouse, Business, etc). You need to Make the Matter of your Soul and your Relationship with JESUS, Primary! This should become the Most Important thing for you Everyday.

Connect with like minds whether online or off line.
Connect with Friends who could send you a daily devotional guide which you must attend to daily.
Dust your Bible up, and Ensure no day ends without you having some quality time with GOD( Reading His Word and in Prayers).

Remember, Everything we can see and feel here on Earth is Vanity. They have nothing to do with our Soul in Eternity.

Remember, these are the Last of the Last Moments! Anytime, Anyday now, it will be allover.

Remember, the Life in you is not in your Hands. After all Said and Done, you will be off to give account to GOD.
Heaven and Hell are Real! And No Matter where we are on the Face of the Earth, we must all be in one.

11 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by obonujoker(m): 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
Find yourself a fellowship over there Sir

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Candidlady: 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2021
Oh no! The devil got this one!
one soldier lost many more to go
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by NaijaSatanlst: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
Candidlady:

Yes the devil has gotten him and He will get you someday cool

4 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by sholay2011(m): 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2021
Davash222:
Leaving Nigeria is the answer to all the prayers you've been praying. Have you seen a Politician campaigning after winning election?

Lie from the pit of hell. I'm in Canada and the devil is raging here but with more subtlety. Jesus is always the answer.

@ OP...You'd better find yourself a fellowship...connect to fellow Naija Christians over there with the leading of the Holy Spirit. Strengthen your personal altar. Don't be deceived, there are remnants (no matter the land) that are truly serving God day and night. My spiritual life got seriously sharpened since I got to Canada in Sept 2015. Take heed to your personal altar (the Word, prayer, fasting). And don't be looking for Anglican church but where God wants you to go over there.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Image123(m): 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Basalt:

I stepped in to Germany with student visa around October 2019 and things have been really amazing for me.

As a staunch Anglican, I used to attend church every Sunday when I was in Nigeria and it's a taboo in my family not to go to church on Sundays.
Honestly, I hardly go to church right now. It has been over one year I went to church. Sometimes I even work on Sundays.

Combining school with worship or religion usually takes its toll even in Nigeria, not to mention a place where no one is pulling you or "evangelizing". You need to make up your mind. Remove the barriers like distance, join a living church close to you. If impossible, you can consider the online option. But still it's incomparable to physical fellowship.

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
Basalt:

I am in Nigeria myself, but I hardly step foot into church buildings, however when it comes to being spiritually fit, I'm as fit as one could ever be.

So it's not really about going to church but going to God, and God is everywhere so you don't have to be in a special somewhere to be able to reach Him.

Just sincerely pray and ask God to help you with your spiritual life and I am sure He would help you, since He wants it for you more than you want it for yourself.

That's one thing that has been of tremendous help in my spiritual life, knowing that God has the solution to every problem I have, so I just have to ask Him for it and He would provide.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2021
Basalt:

Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Only Jehovah's Witnesses are practicing what Jesus said that's why you find it difficult to continue what you're doing at home since you can't find people doing your religious stuff over there.
Why not ask for JWs and learn true Christianity from them, you will always feel like you're home anywhere you go on this planet if you're one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Peter began to say to him: “Look! We have left all things and followed you.”  Jesus said: “Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time—houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields, with persecutions—and in the coming system of things, everlasting life". Mark 10:28-30

As a JW you're home anywhere you go to because brothers and sisters in the faith will locate you, all you need is identify yourself as a JW! smiley
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Bluewitch(f): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

grin grin cheesy

How sure are you his majesty hasn't gotten her....

People criticize people publicly for things they do in secret.
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Basalt(m): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
sholay2011:

Lie from the pit of hell. I'm in Canada and the devil is raging here but with more subtlety. Jesus is always the answer.

@ OP...You'd better find yourself a fellowship...connect to fellow Naija Christians over there with the leading of the Holy Spirit. Strengthen your personal altar. Don't be deceived, there are remnants (no matter the land) that are truly serving God day and night. My spiritual life got seriously sharpened since I got to Canada in Sept 2015. Take heed to your personal altar (the Word, prayer, fasting). And don't be looking for Anglican church but where God wants you to go over there.

That's the issue bro.

Getting an Anglican church in Germany is very hard and I always feel at home whenever I attend Anglican church.

Secondly, most students in Germany hardly attend churches.
It's very hard to see anyone who attends church every Sunday in my city.
Most people here see Sundays as a day to rest and have fun after working hard during the week.
People think more about money, work, school and other worldly things.

My best friend in Nigeria who was always attending the same fellowship with me was angry when I told him about this and he told me to come back to Nigeria and build my spiritual life then go back, but I find it funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by suffering: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
There are many African churches in Germany. You are a Google search away from them.

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by sholay2011(m): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
Basalt:

That's the issue bro.

Getting an Anglican church in Germany is very hard and I always feel at home whenever I attend Anglican church.

Most people here see Sundays as a day to rest and have fun after working hard during the week.

My best friend in Nigeria who was always attending the same fellowship with me was angry when I told him about this and he told me to come back to Nigeria and build my spiritual life then go back, but I find it funny.
You seem to be more loyal to a denomination than to God. Or at least, that's how it's sounding to me. Are you first a member of the Anglican church before you're a member of the Body of Christ? Will you allow your spiritual life to continually suffer because you've not found "your" church? And don't listen to those that say you don't need to attend a church. Hebrews 10:25 enjoins us to not forsake the gathering of the brethren. Not attending a church for almost a year (as you stated) is strange already, you'd better attend the nearest Bible-believing church in that Germany and get serious with your personal altar or the desire for God is totally killed. Don't be more religious than spiritual.

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by sholay2011(m): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
suffering:
There are many African churches in Germany. You are a Google search away from them.
OP is looking for the Anglican church he attends at home I believe. tongue
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by suffering: 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
sholay2011:

OP is looking for the Anglican church he attends at home I believe. tongue
He should either find them on Google or come back.
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 21, 2021
Basalt:

That's the issue bro.

Most people here see Sundays as a day to rest and have fun after grin working hard during the week.

I also found it funny grin come back to Nigeria and build your spiritual life, then go back. I bet if you go back to Germany nothing will still change. You better remain there. Religious fanatics and their useless advice..

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Davash222:

[/b] All the holy ghost fire is a Nigerian mentality thing and it ends in Nigeria. [b]

Davash you be confirm wayray walai grin grin
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

But Why crazy people full this forum like this grin grin
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by dvkot(m): 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Basalt:

2 Timothy 3
Living Bible
3 you may as well know this too, Timothy, that in the last days it is going to be very difficult to be a Christian. 2 For people will love only themselves and their money; they will be proud and boastful, sneering at God, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful to them, and thoroughly bad. 3 They will be hardheaded and never give in to others; they will be constant liars and troublemakers and will think nothing of immorality. They will be rough and cruel, and sneer at those who try to be good. 4 They will betray their friends; they will be hotheaded, puffed up with pride, and prefer good times to worshiping God.
5 They will go to church,[a] yes, but they won’t really believe anything they hear. Don’t be taken in by people like that
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46am On Nov 22, 2021
Basalt:

I stepped in to Germany with student visa around October 2019 and things have been really amazing for me. I must confess, not only that I am learning a lot, I'm also saving alot.
But there is one area I am lagging behind and that is my spiritual life. As a staunch Anglican, I used to attend church every Sunday when I was in Nigeria and it's a taboo in my family not to go to church on Sundays. Unfortunately, coming to Germany really affected my spiritual life. Right now, I don't consider going to church as a must. Honestly, I hardly go to church right now. It has been over one year I went to church. Sometimes I even work on Sundays.
What's the best way to be more spiritual in Germany? God has really been so good to me, I want to be closer to Him always.

The problem has nothing to do with Germany but your religion!

According to Jesus Christ the founder of Christianity whatever makes you miss spiritual routine is a CURSE not blessing, but it's like the church you belong taught you that material gain means blessing so you keep exerting yourself to achieve that.
Really it's good to live good but it's worst when you're missing spiritual things due to pursuit of pleasure! Matthew 6:22-32
Our Christian brothers and sisters are in that country preaching and teaching people on line due to the outbreak of Covid19. Before 2019 Germany is a place where our brothers and sisters are doing great in the disciple making work Jesus commissioned as they're doing the work publicly in the streets and going from house to house but now even our Christian meetings we have on zoom.
If you want to know more about true Christianity i can link you up with one of my Christian brothers in Germany so that you can start a balance way of life that will not hinder spirituality.
Remember all those abandoning the meeting together of Christians are pagan in reality not Christians {Hebrews 10:24-25} God's wrath awaits all those who failed to present themselves before His throne on regular basis, that's why Satan is setting up lots of programs and other time consuming activities to distract people from considering their spiritual routine, but if you're a real Christian there is no weapon formed against your faith that will have any success {Isaiah 54:17} you will always be present in the house of God! Psalms 23:6; 65:4; 122:1
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Cloud007: 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
dont be religious.

Just be close to God. leave the rest to Holy Spirit.
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Basalt(m): 4:03pm On Jan 30
Davash222:

Hahahahaha
Re: I'm Becoming Less Religious Ever Since I Moved To Germany. by Basalt(m): 4:05pm On Jan 30
Candidlady:

grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Can Pastors Nationwide Ever Unite? / Why Don’t Jews Believe In Jesus? / God's Advice On Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.