Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,180 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" (1547 Views)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Give me examples of natural processes asides the ones that you believe started this earth and all that is in it.

Electromagnetic radiation from a pulsar.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Nothingserious: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
Waylex21:

What is the percentage of priests and nuns that sexually abused others? Negligible. Your logic of sexual abuse as a form of discrediting an entire religion is infantile logic. It's like saying cars are bad because sometimes they lead to deaths through accidents.

You do not use a part that is negligible to judge a whole. If there are Catholic priests and nuns that have sexually abused others, know this that, they do not in any way represent the faith and morality of the Church. To every sexual predator, there are several thousand others that are doing the right thing and impacting the lives of several thousands in massive ways.

My two cents

Lol!

Thanks for spotting some of the fallacies in that write-up.

There are so many still in there.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Nothingserious: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Lmao..
What is the dictionary meaning of atheism?
It's literally in the name!
Theism is the belief in God/gods
A•theism is the lack of belief.

Saying that Atheism is a belief is like saying that having no hobbies, is a hobby itself.

Science has nothing to do with Atheism, it's a pity you cannot understand that.
Science has nothing to do with Theism either.

Check your mental bro undecided It's people like you who wouldn't hesitate to call science a religion, lol.

Internet atheists: “I don’t believe in God for the same reason I don’t believe in Santa or imaginary friends.”

Also Internet atheists: “I’m not saying ‘There is no God’. I’m only saying I lack a belief in God.”

I will like to think that Atheists should first present van acceptable definition of atheism amongst themselves so we take it up from there.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Nothingserious: 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
Hello Hismasterpiece, I'm just going to keep this short.
If you need the fear/reward of eternal damnation/eternal life to keep you from doing bad, then you are not really a good person. If the reason why you are a good person is because, you are expecting a reward when you die, then you are not really good.

In your tiny shell of a mind, in order for someone to be "good", He has to believe in your God, or else He is not really good. You keep acting like your religion/deity is the center stage of all morality. Hsve you even read your own Bible? Why did your Bible encourage slavery in the first place?

Have you seen what is going on in the Catholic church? The way the priests rape young boys? And the Nuns rape young girls with crucifixes?

You act as if Christianity has always been widespread and people were not good without it. Atheists don't hate god, Atheists don't worship Satan - We don't even believe in such things. Judging someone based off of what He believes/not believes is really stupid.

This is how your mind works and it is really sad.

Christian/Theist == Good
Athiest/Agnostic == Bad

Ok, going by your logic, if someone has to be a religious person in order to be good, then why is Nigeria the way it is? After all majority of the inhabitants of this country are Christians/Muslims.

The world doesn't revolve around your God/religion. Morality evolves. That's why back then during the Biblical times, it was moral to keep slaves. Heck even your God saw nothing wrong with it. But today, slavery is not condoned.

No one should be judged based off of his stance on the concept of god. You sick fucck. Rather people should be based off their actions and the way they treat people around them. Nigeria is the way it is today because of people like you.

This is interesting!

Rushed response.

Plenty holes and fallacies.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2021
Nothingserious:

This is interesting!

Rushed response.

Plenty holes and fallacies.

My thoughts exactly
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

Electromagnetic radiation from a pulsar.

I have absolutely no idea what that is
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Nothingserious: 8:14am On Nov 25, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

My thoughts exactly

So you noticed it too. So many holes.
It was an intelligent write-up but he/she rushed through the rebuttals perhaps in a hurry and in anger and so muddled up issues.
I just haven’t had the time to sit and respond to it.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 11:10am On Nov 25, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I have absolutely no idea what that is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsar
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Nothingserious: 10:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

My thoughts exactly

“The worst moment for an atheist is when he is really thankful and has no one to thank.”

~G K Chesterton~
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 5:47am On Nov 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

“The worst moment for an atheist is when he is really thankful and has no one to thank.”

~G K Chesterton~

Why does an attitude of gratitude need a person as the focus?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2021
The goodness in believers is difficult to decipher by carnal minds that's why the one claiming atheists are not good people isn't equipped enough to analyze what God said about the wickedness of unbelievers!

Ordinarily everyone supposed to be good because without anxieties of life leading to desperation and in most cases depression no human will be evil. But since life itself is full of unforseen occurrences negatively affecting the lives of billions each person is striving to avoid such things by doing everything they can including getting what they want at all cost.

So how does goodness work out in the case of a believer?

God's Holy Spirit has nine qualities:
LOVE
JOY
PEACE
PATIENCE
GOODNESS
GENTLENESS
FAITH
MILDNESS
SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

Due to his/her unwavering trust in the promises of God, the believer can never be tempted into desperation, he/she will throw all his/her anxieties on God {Philippians 4:6-7} so at all times he/she will be peaceable with everyone! Romans 12:18
But as for the faithless, he/she will continue to feel bitter because all he/she can see is the life now, there's no hope of any better tomorrow in sight except what he/she could struggle to achieve now. So whenever things aren't working as planned he/she becomes desperate leading to wrong thoughts and actions! 1Timothy 6:9-10 smiley
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Nothingserious: 10:40am On Nov 26, 2021
LordReed:

Why does an attitude of gratitude need a person as the focus?

Why show gratitude for anything in the first place? Should an atheist be grateful at all? To what end?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 10:56am On Nov 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

Why show gratitude for anything in the first place? Should an atheist be grateful at all? To what end?

Because the atheist's brain develops a sensation of appreciation for some of the things it is experiencing.

Why does it need an end?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

~G K Chesterton~

Hmm.. deep..

1 Like

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Nothingserious: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
LordReed:

Because the atheist's brain develops a sensation of appreciation for some of the things it is experiencing.

Why does it need an end?

Aside from appreciating a human for their kind works, how does the atheist show gratitude for life, good health, sanity, peace of mind, clement weather, miraculous events ( what you call twists in nature or special moments) ?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Nothingserious: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
LordReed:

Why does it need an end?

Internet atheists: “I don’t believe in God for the same reason I don’t believe in Santa or imaginary friends.”

Also Internet atheists: “I’m not saying ‘There is no God’. I’m only saying I lack a belief in God.”
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

Aside from appreciating a human for their kind works, how does the atheist show gratitude for life, good health, sanity, peace of mind, clement weather, miraculous events ( what you call twists in nature or special moments) ?

Can you answer my own questions now?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2021
LordReed:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsar

Lol... don't expect me to understand all those scientific stuff... i don't have a brain for science o
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Nov 28, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol... don't expect me to understand all those scientific stuff... i don't have a brain for science o

Well you asked for processes that don't have to do with the earth. Pulsars emit electromagnetic radiation that manifests as periodic radio waves, it even seemed like it was an intelligence broadcasting at first till it was discovered to be completely natural.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:52am On Dec 02, 2021
LordReed:

Well you asked for processes that don't have to do with the earth. Pulsars emit electromagnetic radiation that manifests as periodic radio waves, it even seemed like it was an intelligence broadcasting at first till it was discovered to be completely natural.

alright then.. if you say so
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 9:21am On Dec 02, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

alright then.. if you say so

It's not a question of my saying so which is why I linked the relevant article.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
LordReed:

It's not a question of my saying so which is why I linked the relevant article.

OK oooo Mr Reed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Bible Believing Churches And Who Are They And Not? / No More Prophecy Outside The Holy Bible / RCCG Redemption Camp Turned To Eagle Square

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.