Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" (1521 Views)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 7:23am On Oct 21, 2021
Hello Hismasterpiece, I'm just going to keep this short.
If you need the fear/reward of eternal damnation/eternal life to keep you from doing bad, then you are not really a good person. If the reason why you are a good person is because, you are expecting a reward when you die, then you are not really good.

In your tiny shell of a mind, in order for someone to be "good", He has to believe in your God, or else He is not really good. You keep acting like your religion/deity is the center stage of all morality. Hsve you even read your own Bible? Why did your Bible encourage slavery in the first place?

Have you seen what is going on in the Catholic church? The way the priests rape young boys? And the Nuns rape young girls with crucifixes?

You act as if Christianity has always been widespread and people were not good without it. Atheists don't hate god, Atheists don't worship Satan - We don't even believe in such things. Judging someone based off of what He believes/not believes is really stupid.

This is how your mind works and it is really sad.

Christian/Theist == Good
Athiest/Agnostic == Bad

Ok, going by your logic, if someone has to be a religious person in order to be good, then why is Nigeria the way it is? After all majority of the inhabitants of this country are Christians/Muslims.

The world doesn't revolve around your God/religion. Morality evolves. That's why back then during the Biblical times, it was moral to keep slaves. Heck even your God saw nothing wrong with it. But today, slavery is not condoned.

No one should be judged based off of his stance on the concept of god. You sick fucck. Rather people should be based off their actions and the way they treat people around them. Nigeria is the way it is today because of people like you.

9 Likes

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Tomahawk99(m): 7:25am On Oct 21, 2021
Most people are religious because of the fear of hell fire.
Religion thrives on fear.

6 Likes

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 7:26am On Oct 21, 2021
Tomahawk99:

@Hismasterpiece

3 Likes

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Dtruthspeaker: 7:37am On Oct 21, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Everything thrives on fear!

You work because of the fear of starvation and death

You drive carefully because of the fear of grievous bodily harm and death.

You do not steal because of grievous bodily harm and death!

Fear, is The Law!

So, we are within reasonable limits!

1 Like

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Tomahawk99(m): 7:47am On Oct 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Fear, is The Law!

Everything does not thrive on fear. There are people who don't work but don't starve either.
Fear is the main reason for submission in the church.
Go and do a research, the idea of hell was first recorded by the Persians, there was a time when religion was practiced without hell fire coming into the picture.

5 Likes

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by SSIPON(m): 7:52am On Oct 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Fear, is The Law!

Lol
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Waylex21(m): 7:52am On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
If you need the fear/reward of eternal damnation/eternal life to keep you from doing bad, then you are not really a good person. If the reason why you are a good person is because, you are expecting a reward when you die, then you are not really good.

In your tiny shell of a mind, in order for someone to be "good", He has to believe in your God, or else He is not really good. You keep acting like your religion/deity is the center stage of all morality. Hsve you even read your own Bible? Why did your Bible encourage slavery in the first place?

Have you seen what is going on in the Catholic church? The way the priests rape young boys? And the Nuns rape young girls with crucifixes?

You act as if Christianity has always been widespread and people were not good without it. Atheists don't hate god, Atheists don't worship Satan - We don't even believe in such things. Judging someone based off of what He believes/not believes is really stupid.

Christian/Theist == Good
Athiest/Agnostic == Bad

Ok, going by your logic, if someone has to be a religious person in order to be good, then why is Nigeria the way it is? After all majority of the inhabitants of this country are Christians/Muslims.

The world doesn't revolve around your God/religion. Morality evolves. That's why back then during the Biblical times, it was moral to keep slaves. Heck even your God saw nothing wrong with it. But today, slavery is not condoned.

No one should be judged based off of his stance on the concept of god. You sick fucck. Rather people should be based off their actions and the way they treat people around them. Nigeria is the way it is today because of people like you.

What is the percentage of priests and nuns that sexually abused others? Negligible. Your logic of sexual abuse as a form of discrediting an entire religion is infantile logic. It's like saying cars are bad because sometimes they lead to deaths through accidents.

You do not use a part that is negligible to judge a whole. If there are Catholic priests and nuns that have sexually abused others, know this that, they do not in any way represent the faith and morality of the Church. To every sexual predator, there are several thousand others that are doing the right thing and impacting the lives of several thousands in massive ways.

My two cents

1 Like

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Dtruthspeaker: 7:54am On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
If you need the fear/reward of eternal damnation/eternal life to keep you from doing bad, then you are not really a good person.

If the reason why you are a good person is because, you are expecting a reward when you die, then you are not really good.

As I have answered your brother below, Fear is The Law!

Secondly Reward Too is The Law! You do not go to work for free, you expect your reward (Wages/Salary/Fees) in return!

At work you do not remain in the same position for ever, you strove for the reward of Promotions and Honour.

You are also still not in Nursery school today, because you strove for the rewards of promotion to greater heights and glory. Now you happily tell everyone "I'm a graduate"

You never saw anything wrong in doing these same things we do nor did you resist yourself from increasing your rewards.

Right now, you have taken steps so that can increase your rewards, so you do not speak well at all.

Thirdly, THIS IS NOT A REBUTTAL TO THE ALLEGATION Hismasterpiece leveled against you. THIS IS A CHANGE OF POST!

THE ISSUE IS ABOUT YOU PEOPLE'S BAD CONDUCT AND NOT ABOUT WHY YOU DO NOT LIKE GOD AND HIS LAWS.

SO YOU EITHER DEFEND YOURSELF AS TO YOUR BAD CONDUCT OR STAY SILENT AS YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE!

1 Like

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 7:57am On Oct 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thirdly, THIS IS NOT A REBUTTAL TO THE ALLEGATION Hismasterpiece leveled against you. THIS IS A CHANGE OF POST!

THE ISSUE IS ABOUT YOU PEOPLE'S BAD CONDUCT AND NOT ABOUT WHY YOU DO NOT LIKE GOD AND HIS LAWS.

SO YOU EITHER DEFEND YOURSELF AS TO YOUR BAD CONDUCT OR STAY SILENT AS YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE!

Fear being the law, doesn't mean that those who do not share the same fears as you are bad. Point me to where I said I did not like god cheesy You don start with the lies again ba?
I am not changing posts here, I am responding to his post. cheesy
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2021
Waylex21:

You do not use a part that is negligible to judge a whole.

Okay, so why didn't you comment this in Hismasterpiece's post?

After all, He claims that all atheists are bad people and I am responding to him using his own logic. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Waylex21(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Okay, so why didn't you comment this in Hismasterpiece's post?

After all, He claims that all atheists are bad people and I am responding to him using his own logic. cheesy

In trying to respond to his posts, you made your own errors. That's what I'm trying to correct you for. Your own post, bros.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Dtruthspeaker: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Everything does not thrive on fear. There are people who don't work but don't starve either.
Fear is the main reason for submission in the church.

Except in the case of persons with Unsound Minds and Abnormal People, EVERY NORMAL Reasonable person works to prevent starvation.

And I am talking about NORMAL living circumstances and not Abnormal Situations.

Tomahawk99:

Go and do a research, the idea of hell was first recorded by the Persians, there was a time when religion was practiced without hell fire coming into the picture.

Wrong! The idea of hell is in every peoples on the earth WHICH ENVELOPES THE CONCEPT OF JUSTICE AND PUNISHMENT FOR WRONG DOING.

There is no race in the world which did not punish Offenders. NOT ONE.

That is what we God Followers know! That Justice Will and Must Be Done, whether we want it or not!

We are not using it to scare you, but we are definitely amazed that you take every step here on earth to avoid Arrest and Conviction and Sentencing to Hell called "Prison", YET YOU ARE BEING CARELESS ABOUT THE BIGGER ONE!

It's your life anyway. And I know no God Lover has gone beyond this point, so you do not have any reasonable objection to raise.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Dtruthspeaker: 8:12am On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Fear being the law, doesn't mean that those who do not share the same fears as you are bad.

Hismasterpiece clearly showed you people the specific bad conducts you exhibit in his post and you got it.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 8:15am On Oct 21, 2021
Waylex21:

In trying to respond to his posts, you made your own errors. That's what I'm trying to correct you for. Your own post, bros.

His post claims that atheists are bad people simply because they do not believe in God. In my response, I brought up the case of priests raping boys and the Catholic church sweeping it under the rug. I am using his own logic against him and pointing out to him that you being good does not depend on your beliefs in any deity.

I am not generalising and calling every catholic priest evil, like He did with atheists. If you read the end of the post, I even added that no one should be judged based on his stance on the concept of god.

4 Likes

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Hismasterpiece clearly showed you people the specific bad conducts you exhibit in his post and you got it.

When I got a notification that someone has quoted me, I think say na better person grin Waste of time, effort and data.

2 Likes

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Dtruthspeaker: 8:41am On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

When I got a notification that someone has quoted me, I think say na better person grin Waste of time, effort and data.

Translation! grin I no get any reasonable thing to say, so make I insult am" grin
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Tomahawk99(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Except in the case of persons with Unsound Minds and Abnormal People, EVERY NORMAL Reasonable person works to prevent starvation.

And I am talking about NORMAL living circumstances and not Abnormal Situations.

Wrong! The idea of hell is in every peoples on the earth WHICH ENVELOPES THE CONCEPT OF JUSTICE AND PUNISHMENT FOR WRONG DOING.

There is no race in the world which did not punish Offenders. NOT ONE.

That is what we God Followers know! That Justice Will and Must Be Done, whether we want it or not!

We are not using it to scare you, but we are definitely amazed that you take every step here on earth to avoid Arrest and Conviction and Sentencing to Hell called "Prison", YET YOU ARE BEING CARELESS ABOUT THE BIGGER ONE!

It's your life anyway. And I know no God Lover has gone beyond this point, so you do not have any reasonable objection to raise.
Dude go and do your research, the idea of hell was first recorded by the Persians. People worshipped before those ideas originated.
You even know my way of life, you religious lot are really thick in the head. Who is a God lover? More like a hypocrite that hasn't been outted yet.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Dtruthspeaker: 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Dude go and do your research, the idea of hell was first recorded by the Persians. People worshipped before those ideas originated.
You even know my way of life, you religious lot are really thick in the head. Who is a God lover? More like a hypocrite that hasn't been outted yet.

Repeating what you said earlier, shows you can not counter!
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Translation! grin I no get any reasonable thing to say, so make I insult am" grin
Actual translation: I don't have time for this nigga, so lemme tell him that I don't have his time cheesy
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Christian/Theist == Good
Athiest/Agnostic == Bad

Guy what are you talking about? Where in my post did i say only Christians are good? Where did i say that atheists hate God? I think you didn't read my post properly so as to get it's context. I wasn't talking about doing good things like telling the truth in comparison to doing bad things like lying.

The point of my post was simply to point out to atheists that rather than insult us or mock us or shame us for what we believe they should correct us lovingly and respectfully, that's all.

Also, i intended to point out that if they really believe in what they claim they would be there would be a more aggressive effort on their part to get the message out like we Christians are. I have never heard of anyone comparable to Billy Graham or Mother Theresa or Oyedepo or Adeboye or Apostle Paul or Kenneth Hagin or John Wesley in atheist circles. There are no atheist radio stations or programs that i know of that are actively spreading the 'truth' of atheism and trying to get religious people out of the mental slavery that they claim we are in.

My point was to say that if they truly loved us and saw us as being insane and enslaved, they wouldn't mock us but they'd help us lovingly that's all.

Capisce?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Secondly Reward Too is The Law! You do not go to work for free, you expect your reward (Wages/Salary/Fees) in return!

At work you do not remain in the same position for ever, you strove for the reward of Promotions and Honour.

You are also still not in Nursery school today, because you strove for the rewards of promotion to greater heights and glory. Now you happily tell everyone "I'm a graduate"

You never saw anything wrong in doing these same things we do nor did you resist yourself from increasing your rewards.

Right now, you have taken steps so that can increase your rewards, so you do not speak well at all.

Abi o the guy just went off point
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 3:46am On Oct 22, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Guy what are you talking about? Where in my post did i say only Christians are good? Where did i say that atheists hate God? I think you didn't read my post properly so as to get it's context. I wasn't talking about doing good things like telling the truth in comparison to doing bad things like lying.

The point of my post was simply to point out to atheists that rather than insult us or mock us or shame us for what we believe they should correct us lovingly and respectfully, that's all.

Also, i intended to point out that if they really believe in what they claim they would be there would be a more aggressive effort on their part to get the message out like we Christians are. I have never heard of anyone comparable to Billy Graham or Mother Theresa or Oyedepo or Adeboye or Apostle Paul or Kenneth Hagin or John Wesley in atheist circles. There are no atheist radio stations or programs that i know of that are actively spreading the 'truth' of atheism and trying to get religious people out of the mental slavery that they claim we are in.

My point was to say that if they truly loved us and saw us as being insane and enslaved, they wouldn't mock us but they'd help us lovingly that's all.

Capisce?

Athiesm is not a belief system. There are Atheist debate out there, and Atheists podcasts. What are you talking about? undecided
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Kobojunkie: 4:08am On Oct 22, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Athiesm is not a belief system. There are Atheist debate out there, and Atheists podcasts. What are you talking about? undecided
Atheism is a belief in the non existence of God or gods, the basis of which is mostly scientific. undecided
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 5:09am On Oct 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Atheism is a belief in the non existence of God or gods, the basis of which is mostly scientific. undecided

Lmao..
What is the dictionary meaning of atheism?
It's literally in the name!
Theism is the belief in God/gods
A•theism is the lack of belief.

Saying that Atheism is a belief is like saying that having no hobbies, is a hobby itself.

Science has nothing to do with Atheism, it's a pity you cannot understand that.
Science has nothing to do with Theism either.

Check your mental bro undecided It's people like you who wouldn't hesitate to call science a religion, lol.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On Oct 22, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
Lmao..
What is the dictionary meaning of atheism?
It's literally in the name!
Theism is the belief in God/gods
A•theism is the lack of belief.
Well first, what is a belief?
A belief is an attitude that something is the case, or that some proposition about the world is true.[1] In epistemology, philosophers use the term "belief" to refer to attitudes about the world which can be either true or false.[2] To believe something is to take it to be true; for instance, to believe that snow is white is comparable to accepting the truth of the proposition "snow is white". However, holding a belief does not require active introspection. For example, few carefully consider whether or not the sun will rise tomorrow, simply assuming that it will. Moreover, beliefs need not be occurrent (e.g. a person actively thinking "snow is white"wink, but can instead be dispositional (e.g. a person who if asked about the color of snow would assert "snow is white"wink.[2]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief
undecided
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by NaijaSatanlst: 6:24am On Oct 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well first, what is a belief?
undecided

Oga, all this babbling is not getting anywhere.

The Letter "A" is added in front of the word, "Theism" as a prefix, to mean the opposite. The prefix a/an is used to denote "without", "lack of", "not". When you add "a" to Theism you have Atheism. When you add "a" to cellular, it become acellular. Jeez.

That's basic secondary school English. From my conversations with you, it seems like understanding basic English is a skill you lack. You just love pulling whatever "meaning" you can think off out of my responses and think it makes any sense. Atheists don't believe in god/gods, just like you don't believe in dragons. undecided

It's a pity that I have to break down basic English to a stranger on a platform like this. But if understanding English is something you just can't do, then I'm sorry there is no point in taking this conversation any further. Good day
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Lol.. atheism is not a belief system? You may define atheism as a lack of belief in God or a disbelief in God but it still is a belief system nonetheless. You guys BELIEVE there is no God, period.

The word atheist comes from the greek 'A Theos' which means 'No God'. An atheist says there is no God which means that they BELIEVE there is no God.

P.S You call yourself an atheist why then is your moniker NaijaSatanist? If you don't believe in God how then do you believe in satan?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 2:29am On Oct 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. atheism is not a belief system? You may define atheism as a lack of belief in God or a disbelief in God but it still is a belief system nonetheless. You guys BELIEVE there is no God, period.

The word atheist comes from the greek 'A Theos' which means 'No God'. An atheist says there is no God which means that they BELIEVE there is no God.

P.S You call yourself an atheist why then is your moniker NaijaSatanist? If you don't believe in God how then do you believe in satan?

Just like a TV that's off is a DSTV channel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
LordReed:

Just like a TV that's off is a DSTV channel.

I don't understand?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 12:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I don't understand?

The absence of a thing can not also be the thing, c'mon that should be simple enough to understand. How can the pot have water and not have water at the same time, that is an impossibility yet you are saying we lack belief and have belief at the same time.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by TenQ: 6:27am On Oct 25, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Christian/Theist == Good
Athiest/Agnostic == Bad

1. Can an animal be good?
2. A human can speak about a good dog: but who truly determine whether a dog is good or not? is it fellow dogs?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
LordReed:

The absence of a thing can not also be the thing, c'mon that should be simple enough to understand. How can the pot have water and not have water at the same time, that is an impossibility yet you are saying we lack belief and have belief at the same time.

You reject the belief that there is a God and therefore assert the belief that there is no God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven Reasons Against The PRETRIBULATION Rapture / William Lane Craig Admits That The 'trinity' Is Not Found In The Old Testament / Does God Gives Riches And Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.