Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,896 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" (1533 Views)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

You reject the belief that there is a God and therefore assert the belief that there is no God.

No I do not. I simply lack the belief that any god exists, I reserve my belief till one can be demonstrated to exist. However some concepts of god cannot be extant given the evidence we do have.

Also I don't think that beliefs are useful for me, I much prefer facts.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
LordReed:

No I do not. I simply lack the belief that any god exists, I reserve my belief till one can be demonstrated to exist. However some concepts of god cannot be extant given the evidence we do have.

What evidence
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

What evidence

You cannot ask your god to tell you something you don't know or otherwise cannot find out for yourself. If your god exists then he should be able to tell you my home address.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2021
LordReed:

You cannot ask your god to tell you something you don't know or otherwise cannot find out for yourself. If your god exists then he should be able to tell you my home address.

You didn't answer my question
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

You didn't answer my question

That is the evidence I just gave you. Ask your god to tell you my address, if your god is real he would be able to tell you, if he is not real you won't know that information just by prayer to the god alone.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by KnownUnknown: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

You reject the belief that the financial statements are accurately stated and you make inquiries, calculations, recalculations, research, control testing, and sampling. Thereafter, you assert that the financial statements are not accurately stated.

Then you conduct further research and testing to see if fraud or other misconduct is afoot.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Then you conduct further research and testing to see if fraud or other misconduct is afoot.

i'm confused
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
LordReed:

That is the evidence I just gave you. Ask your god to tell you my address, if your god is real he would be able to tell you, if he is not real you won't know that information just by prayer to the god alone.

why would i want to know your address?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

why would i want to know your address?

You don't need to want to know it.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:32am On Oct 28, 2021
LordReed:

You don't need to want to know it.

If i don't want to know it then why should i ask for it?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 7:35am On Oct 28, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

If i don't want to know it then why should i ask for it?

To prove that your god is real. Elijah didn't need a fire but he asked for one anyway to prove his god was real. So go ahead, prove your is real.

1 Like

Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

To prove that your god is real. Elijah didn't need a fire but he asked for one anyway to prove his god was real. So go ahead, prove your is real.

Lol.. you and i both know that's not going to happen
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 5:26am On Oct 31, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. you and i both know that's not going to happen

Well then there is no reason to accept that your god exists since it cannot perform a task you claim it has the ability to.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
LordReed:

Well then there is no reason to accept that your god exists since it cannot perform a task you claim it has the ability to.

Your request is weird. Why should i ask God to tell me your address and what motive would God have for revealing your address to me?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Your request is weird. Why should i ask God to tell me your address and what motive would God have for revealing your address to me?

To prove he is real and can do what you say he can.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:34am On Nov 06, 2021
LordReed:

To prove he is real and can do what you say he can.

God doesn't need to prove that He is real. That is already obvious
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 7:50am On Nov 06, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

God doesn't need to prove that He is real. That is already obvious

It is obvious he isn't real.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2021
LordReed:

It is obvious he isn't real.

So who is responsible for all that exists and was created?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

So who is responsible for all that exists and was created?

There is no who responsible.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:37am On Nov 12, 2021
LordReed:

There is no who responsible.

So how did all things come to be?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 11:41am On Nov 12, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

So how did all things come to be?

By natural physical processes as far as we can tell.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2021
LordReed:

By natural physical processes as far as we can tell.

And who started those natural physical processes?

What evidence is there for those things?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

And who started those natural physical processes?

What evidence is there for those things?

No who has been shown to have started any of it. What has been shown is possibly another natural process but the real answer is we don't know.

Start with the cosmic microwave background.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
LordReed:

No who has been shown to have started any of it. What has been shown is possibly another natural process but the real answer is we don't know.

Start with the cosmic microwave background.

But processes don't start themselves. have you ever seen anything that started itself in your life? so who started the process?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

But processes don't start themselves. have you ever seen anything that started itself in your life? so who started the process?

What do you mean by don't start themselves? No being is seen starting rain so clarify what you mean.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

What do you mean by don't start themselves? No being is seen starting rain so clarify what you mean.

If indeed natural processes started existence, then what began or gave rise to those natural processes?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

If indeed natural processes started existence, then what began or gave rise to those natural processes?

As far as we can tell other natural processes. Of course there's a limit our investigations have reached and at that limit we say we don't know.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:43am On Nov 20, 2021
LordReed:

As far as we can tell other natural processes. Of course there's a limit our investigations have reached and at that limit we say we don't know.

Have you ever seen anything start itself?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Have you ever seen anything start itself?

What do you mean start itself?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
LordReed:

What do you mean start itself?

You say the world as we know it is as a result of natural processes. I asked you who started the natural processes. I am asking you that if indeed that is true why have you never seen anything that started itself? Do cars build themselves? Do things create themselves?
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by LordReed(m): 8:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

You say the world as we know it is as a result of natural processes. I asked you who started the natural processes. I am asking you that if indeed that is true why have you never seen anything that started itself? Do cars build themselves? Do things create themselves?

No natural processes has been shown to be started by a being. The examples you have here are all artificial processes. Can you show me any natural processes that require a being, no you can't.
Re: Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
LordReed:

No natural processes has been shown to be started by a being. The examples you have here are all artificial processes. Can you show me any natural processes that require a being, no you can't.

Give me examples of natural processes asides the ones that you believe started this earth and all that is in it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smoking, Sin Or Not? / A Soulless Nation! / Are You Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.