Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform (46639 Views)

Donald Trump Raises £1bn For His New Social Media Platform To Rival Twitter / Donald Trump Launches His ‘office Of The Former President’ In Florida / Biden Inches Nearer To Victory As Trump Launches Lawsuit Blitz To Slow Him Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by emae009(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
Jeromejnr:

Lol..apart from the fact that what you posted had nothing to do with the argument at hand

I also want to point out that you don't even know what you posted even agreed with what I have said.

Haha! did you even read the article you linked? Why shoot yourself in the foot?

Read the exceprt below and digest.. also why didn't they mention why Trump left only 2500 troops..hmm

Smh... this just showed what I needed to know. What I posted had nothing to do with what we were talking about?? Oga what were we talking about if not the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan?? Jeez

From the extract you posted, did you even read it to understand?
Trump said the withdrawal was hinged on Talibans efforts against terrorist organization but the DOD reported severally that the Talibans were working with not against Al-Qaeda. Or did you not understand that.
- Did you read the part were the agreement was classified but you had your hands on the technicalities.
- Did you read were Trump negotiated with the Talibans to freed 5,000 of their prisoners without the Afghan government.
- Did you read the part were as of July the US cleared off their largest military base in Afghanistan which directly point 1 of your supposed technicalities
- Did you read the part where there were trained 300,000 (number might be inflated) Afghan forces for the security of Afghanistan while foreign forces left
- Did you read the part were the fall of Kabul wasn't predicted to be quick because of those forces??

you skipped all that to rush and post something that doesn't even agree with your stand and claimed I shot myself in the foot.
if you have problem with comprehension, it's ok but don't try to play a smart one on me

1 Like

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by kingcornel(m): 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2021
I love dis line" WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE THE TALIBAN HAS A HUGE PRESENCE ON TWITTER,YET YOUR FAVORITE AMERICAN PRESIDENT IS SILENCED"" they hate dis man for being bold nd blunt

1 Like

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by temielects(m): 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:
lol.. Is he going to create is own OS and mobile device? Where will it be launched on? iOS and Android right? remember what happened to Pan.... (whatever it was called).
You're standing up to Big Tech as claimed but you're hosting your supposed TRUTH on Big Tech.
You wail about the Talibans but it was you that signed the withdrawal agreement and pulled out half of the US forces from Afghanistan but sure it's always someone's else fault with narcissists
And they are close to witchcrafts

1 Like

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Christmasdon(m): 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
but Where is fazebook launched iOs or MsDOS or android.
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Jeromejnr(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:

Smh... this just showed what I needed to know. What I posted had nothing to do with what we were talking about?? Oga what were we talking about if not the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan?? Jeez

From the extract you posted, did you even read it to understand?
Trump said the withdrawal was hinged on Talibans efforts against terrorist organization but the DOD reported severally that the Talibans were working with not against Al-Qaeda. Or did you not understand that.
- Did you read the part were the agreement was classified but you had your hands on the technicalities.
- Did you read were Trump negotiated with the Talibans to freed 5,000 of their prisoners without the Afghan government.
- Did you read the part were as of July the US cleared off their largest military base in Afghanistan which directly point 1 of your supposed technicalities
- Did you read the part where there were trained 300,000 (number might be inflated) Afghan forces for the security of Afghanistan while foreign forces left
- Did you read the part were the fall of Kabul wasn't predicted to be quick because of those forces??

you skipped all that to rush and post something that doesn't even agree with your stand and claimed I shot myself in the foot.
if you have problem with comprehension, it's ok but don't try to play a smart one on me

Try and read and stop jumping to pose false narratives.

Did you see the date the agreement was termed classified? Feb 29, 2020. Does that mean the terms of agreement remained classified all through out the year apart from its initial signing?

Then how come by the end of the year slash early 2021 me and many others knew though press conferences why Trump left 2500 troops and his rebuttal to the Taliban? Or where we part of the classified meetings?

Of course that is the problem with pasting a link to a bias so called fact checking article that refuses to give you all the details.
Is that not why I asked why the article didn't mention why he left 2500 troops behind?

Omo, to brainwash people is easy these days sha.

Someone said he refused to withdraw all troops for now, Biden came and did all that plus worse and you're blaming Trump.

Is Trump also responsible for the inflation going on in America, is he also responsible for the Southern border crisis, is he responsible for the loss of jobs for those without a union because of the many executive orders signed by Joe, is he responsible for the scarcity and stranded ships at the sea?

Everything, Trump, Trump.

Go and read unbiased articles and get your facts right. There are even videos on YouTube where Trump is seen speaking to the press on some of the agreements made with the Taliban during his tenure.

Jeez.

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Bluntemperor: 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
kponkedenge:
Putting Trump and Truth in the same sentence is as laughable as putting Nigeria and 24 hours electricity together.

Beautiful you!
-Here is a man who came in make believed that American first only to discovered that it's actually Trump first project!
-He never believed in the Democratic Freedom,the Press - rule of Majority that brought him to Power but was just cruising because he has the Billions of Dollars to trade with him!
- He could not imagine that American People could change him through the Ballot and he was faxed,so he felt he could be manuvering the same people like an Emperor!
- He said ' insecticides' should be used for Covid-19 that destroyed over half a Million lives of American People! Here is American that believed in Science, even now we have Cars of Science,yet for an Artist like Trump,it's an illusion!
- He loved Russian autocratic rules than Democratic Country he is enjoying!
- to cover up his attrocities of Jan.6 mandate to his supporters,he is creating more divided attention through this kind of Media launch.
It's a matter of time to know who are the real enemies of the Americans!

1 Like

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:
lol.. Is he going to create is own OS and mobile device? Where will it be launched on? iOS and Android right? remember what happened to Pan.... (whatever it was called).
You're standing up to Big Tech as claimed but you're hosting your supposed TRUTH on Big Tech.
You wail about the Talibans but it was you that signed the withdrawal agreement and pulled out half of the US forces from Afghanistan but sure it's always someone's else fault with narcissists

The last time I checked, one can easily download third party apps from the internet, without it been hosted on any tech giant platform.... Or he has to do is create a website and drop the APK file there for his users to download.
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by joinnow: 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2021
Vabama:

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/20/trump-launches-his-own-social-media-platform-truth-social/

are you sure its not D trump that did send hackers to hack Facebook and co
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Kimjongun: 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2021
seyoops4u:

Different things to different folks.

This same NYSC is where some people restrategised and put their lives back on track.

The same NYSC is where some people build up their career. You can imagine you learning something for 12 months and collecting your stipends from the FG.

Some people have already strategize from the University, NYSC is a pain to the majority of people. SARS that caused the biggest protest in our time was useful to some people too.

Imagine the dreams, the lives and time that has been wasted by this programme. Some people might be lucky, the government should not be throwing dice with people's life.

Do you know the number of teachers that are unemployed, simply because they have been replaced with NYSC?
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by 8stargeneral: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nice one..I will join the platform
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Blackman101: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
GREAT
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by tianshie(m): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
MarveworldG:
Trump means Business grin

Same here, we mean business and ready to serve you. Contact us for your interior designs services. *Gypsum ceiling design, *lights/ghost shadow installation *False walls designs *TV wall design *Suspended ceiling *wall panels/wallpaper/Wall ornaments installation *Luxury finishing *Accent walls kitchen design *all kind of interior design services. Just a call/chat on whatsapp:+234 8119 89 6472 location: Lagos state and Rivers state (we render services anywhere in Nigeria)

If you mean business like tRump, then people should avoid doing business with you. tRump likes to stiff people who work for him. This means you're like him. Running an untrustworthy business.

1 Like

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by princewarri1985: 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
Vabama:

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/20/trump-launches-his-own-social-media-platform-truth-social/

Nice one trump, now you will be unstoppable and be free to make any coment or post you wish, i love this, make twitter facebook, instangram and youtube go hug transformer
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Chiefsir(m): 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
Johnnyessence:
It will survive. In 24 hours it will reach millions of people that have registered on it as members of the platform. I will go and register on it. I’ve missed Trump posts.

Do you have an iOS link to get the app on AppStore? Can’t find it
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by MarveworldG: 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2021
tianshie:

If you mean business like tRump, then people should avoid doing business with you. tRump likes to stiff people who work for him. This means you're like him. Running an untrustworthy business.

Well, we don't know about the "untrustworthy" term you used. All i am saying is that we keep to our word
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by stayclearofme: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
TruthSocial:

What insurrection, that's groupthink and bogus, google the meaning of insurrection and see if it's compared to what happened, if going by your preferred term you would agree that I'd democrats did the same it would be insurrection right, so why wasn't it insurrection when democrats breached the routunda in 2018, breached the office of the Senate president tempe.

Do you know none of the people arrested for going into the capitol that day has been charged for insurrection, why, because nothing like that happened. Most courts threw does case out because they were swing states where and threats of violence were issued if the case was taken up, the courts don't have the right to overturn the election, only congress does. The audit in Arizona is a restatement of Trump claims, there's audit going on Pennsylvania, Michigan soon come.

Trump was winning all these states on election day until all of them stopped counting at the same time, all of them, as at the time counting resumed, the rest they say is history, you fight for your beliefs and those that put there hopes on you, he fought for what was right
Lol what are you saying sir? So you are not even aware that some of them have already being jailed? Really? Is it when it blows into a full scale war that you will agree it was insurrection? Do you know more that American courts that threw out the baseless claim of electoral fraud? Or do you know more than his own Vice who was against him? Electoral fraud indeed..sore loser!
I don't know which part of the world you are but mind you I live very close to Trump!.... From your moniker I can see that you are a Trumpeter so nothing I say will make meaning to you.
But we don't need a racist or a lousy President in this country.

2 Likes

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by stayclearofme: 5:12pm On Oct 21, 2021
TruthSocial:

What insurrection, that's groupthink and bogus, google the meaning of insurrection and see if it's compared to what happened, if going by your preferred term you would agree that I'd democrats did the same it would be insurrection right, so why wasn't it insurrection when democrats breached the routunda in 2018, breached the office of the Senate president tempe.

Do you know none of the people arrested for going into the capitol that day has been charged for insurrection, why, because nothing like that happened. Most courts threw does case out because they were swing states where and threats of violence were issued if the case was taken up, the courts don't have the right to overturn the election, only congress does. The audit in Arizona is a restatement of Trump claims, there's audit going on Pennsylvania, Michigan soon come.

Trump was winning all these states on election day until all of them stopped counting at the same time, all of them, as at the time counting resumed, the rest they say is history, you fight for your beliefs and those that put there hopes on you, he fought for what was right
Check that to help your ignorance sir. Google is your friend.

2 Likes

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by emae009(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2021
Jeromejnr:

Try and read and stop jumping to pose false narratives.

Did you see the date the agreement was termed classified? Feb 29, 2020. Does that mean the terms of agreement remained classified all through out the year apart from its initial signing?

Then how come by the end of the year slash early 2021 me and many others knew though press conferences why Trump left 2500 troops and his rebuttal to the Taliban? Or where we part of the classified meetings?

Of course that is the problem with pasting a link to a bias so called fact checking article that refuses to give you all the details.
Is that not why I asked why the article didn't mention why he left 2500 troops behind?

Omo, to brainwash people is easy these days sha.

Someone said he refused to withdraw all troops for now, Biden came and did all that plus worse and you're blaming Trump.

Is Trump also responsible for the inflation going on in America, is he also responsible for the Southern border crisis, is he responsible for the loss of jobs for those without a union because of the many executive orders signed by Joe, is he responsible for the scarcity and stranded ships at the sea?

Everything, Trump, Trump.

Go and read unbiased articles and get your facts right. There are even videos on YouTube where Trump is seen speaking to the press on some of the agreements made with the Taliban during his tenure.

Jeez.

Smh... Dude I'm done...
only you will say an unbiased article is left wing media as I suspected (check the comment I pasted the link in).
When you dropped your first extract from the same article it wasn't bias right, because you thought they were in your favour but immediately you finally read and comprehend, it turned to a bias article.
If you bother to read the article with understanding you'd see they neither praise Trump or Biden, they gave an independent view and ask a question: who should take the blame?
But because it doesn't suit your interest, it's bias.

1 Like

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by emae009(m): 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
stayclearofme:

Check that to help your ignorance sir. Google is your friend.

they will never agree.. Watch as he will call Google Big Tech, Fake News, Left wing media etc.

2 Likes

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by stayclearofme: 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
TruthSocial:

That is another one... Sir always have your facts before you comment and stop being beclouded because of your support for a man that doesn't even like your race.

2 Likes

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by stayclearofme: 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:

they will never agree.. Watch as he will call Google Big Tech, Fake News, Left wing media etc.
Lol... cheesy cheesy you are absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by emae009(m): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
HenryDion:

The last time I checked, one can easily download third party apps from the internet, without it been hosted on any tech giant platform.... Or he has to do is create a website and drop the APK file there for his users to download.

your website is hosted somewhere. Small hosting firm have links to the big ones. Parley were hosting their on AWS, when it came down to it, Amazon pulled it down.
The next option was to host it with a Russian host server. You can see how the "Big Tech" media will have a field day against you if you do that.
I'm not saying you can't have a site and put the APK there, haven't you noticed that your Google Play now has Play Protect feature, any third party app will require additional permission to download. Then if the said app is flagged, the PP will keep reminding you that the app is harmful. if that happens, some will keep the app but some will immediately uninstall it

2 Likes

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:

your website is hosted somewhere. Small hosting firm have links to the big ones. Parley were hosting their on AWS, when it came down to it, Amazon pulled it down.
The next option was to host it with a Russian host server. You can see how the "Big Tech" media will have a field day against you if you do that.
I'm not saying you can't have a site and put the APK there, haven't you noticed that your Google Play now has Play Protect feature, any third party app will require additional permission to download. Then if the said app is flagged, the PP will keep reminding you that the app is harmful. if that happens, some will keep the app but some will immediately uninstall it

Not a big deal. We have been granting third part apps access since time immemorial. And besides, he can host it on Apple store or Google store as long as the app doesn't go against their terms and condition.
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Calitoscassius(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
Good! I missed Trump, i going to join Truth social.
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by Jeromejnr(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:

Smh... Dude I'm done...
only you will say an unbiased article is left wing media as I suspected (check the comment I pasted the link in).
When you dropped your first extract from the same article it wasn't bias right, because you thought they were in your favour but immediately you finally read and comprehend, it turned to a bias article.
If you bother to read the article with understanding you'd see they neither praise Trump or Biden, they gave an independent view and ask a question: who should take the blame?
But because it doesn't suit your interest, it's bias.

It's obvious you didn't read your article.

Bye now.
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by tctrills: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:

That the Talibans are on social media should already be a sign that anybody can be online.
If you're talking about Trump suspension then you have to go all the way back to when he first started using social media and not just use January incident to make a case.
Since November when it was likely Trump won't return, how many post did he make online claiming he won and all that. Did he get suspended? Did his posts get deleted? the only thing was a tag that informed other users that his opinions were verifiable facts.
His series of post led to a break in while Congress was in section.
Before I continue, do you realize what that means
The only reason he didn't get charged with treason was because none of is post was a direct order for that action...
Actions have consequences..
If you think I'm lying, form a group online and start discussing how to break into Aso Rock. Then let a break in happen if you won't be among the first to be kidnapped at night
That was not the first time people would protest in Congress. Trump told his supporters to protest peacefully so it would be unfair to hold him responsible for the violence. Like you stated, none of his posts was a direct order for action.
Now let's leave Trump for a while, most of last year, If anyone post that covid19 originated from a lab, that post would be taken down. Today, posts condemning the vaccines are taken down. Any post saying that the November election was stolen is taken down.
In Nigeria, Buhari rejected the results of 3 elections, Atiku rejected the result of the last election. This is an undeveloped country with no freedoms mind you.
If social media decides what we can say and who is right or wrong then we are in trouble. It means we must always be on the side of Mark Zuckerberg and the other big boys to get our voices heard.

Till today, Hilary Clinton claims the Russians rigged 2016 no one took down her account. Stacey Abrams claims she won the governorship election in Georgia no one is taking her accounts down.
More than half the Democrats in the house at one time or the other claimed that Hilary's election was stolen.
My point is we should have the freedom to say whatever we choose and we should never be held responsible for any violence unless it's a direct order for that action.
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by tctrills: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:

so who decided that you post your comment here in such a quick time from the billions of comment in the world right now??
At least when you want to take a stand, get all the facts right and make an independent stand that you can defend.
Since the creation of Social Media isn't the same people responsible for what we post?
Trump lost the election since November right, wasn't he still posting on social media? weren't those people around then or did they take a sabbatical and only came on in January.
Leaving all that aside, find a quiet location, build a large hall and host a lot of people every day and night planning how to break into Aso Rock. Tell me if you won't be dinning with the DSS in a such period of time.
If Trump had broken the law, he would be arrested by now so your Dss example holds no water. Your excuse was that they waited from November till January also does not make it right. Even if it took 10 years...

When Trump won in 2016, there were protests all across the US. The people were screaming, "Not my president"
George Floyd's death led to one of the deadliest riots across US yet not one took down Black lives matter or from the internet.
Property worth billions was lost. It was many times deadlier than the Capital riots. Who are we fooling? CNN supported the riots. The said "where is it written that protesters should be peaceful" CNN still has all their accounts up and running.
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by bepositive11: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2021
kponkedenge:
Putting Trump and Truth in the same sentence is as laughable as putting Nigeria and 24 hours electricity together.

Thank you. I can't believe that so many people support him on Nairaland. This why Africa struggles with bad leaders. These people can't even see through Trump. They are fooled by his charisma and lies

1 Like

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by emae009(m): 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
tctrills:

If Trump had broken the law, he would be arrested by now so your Dss example holds no water. Your excuse was that they waited from November till January also does not make it right. Even if it took 10 years...

When Trump won in 2016, there were protests all across the US. The people were screaming, "Not my president"
George Floyd's death led to one of the deadliest riots across US yet not one took down Black lives matter or from the internet.
Property worth billions was lost. It was many times deadlier than the Capital riots. Who are we fooling? CNN supported the riots. The said "where is it written that protesters should be peaceful" CNN still has all their accounts up and running.

none of what I said was an excuse. You insinuated that some group of people control what we post online using Trump as your defense. All I pointed out was that Trump was saying a whole lot since after the election but his accounts weren't suspended. only after the Jan 6 incident.
Who was the figure head of Black Lives Matter?
as of 2016 did Twitter have the "censor tag"?
At least judge was both sides before coming to a conclusion not choosing a side and then not open to hearing the other party
Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by SAFEENG: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
Urhobo Master class starts soon.

Re: TRUTH Social: Donald Trump Launches His Own Social Media Platform by suffering: 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2021
Yet his fans from 4chan will keep invading this useless platform.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Active Shooter At Smithsburg, Maryland. Multiple Persons Killed, Suspect Injured / 89-Year-Old Paul Biya Of Cameroon Didn’t Know Where He Was, Farted In Public / Trump Wins Florida, Locked In Other Tight Races With Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.