Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. (2128 Views)

Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator / Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Clementoons: 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
Workch:
Which God are you talking about in particular.
We have more 4000 of them
THE ALMIGHTY GOD. THE ONE AND TRUE ONE. any other gods is a counterfeit. Accept him and his SON JESUS
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 9:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
Clementoons:
THE ALMIGHTY GOD. THE ONE AND TRUE ONE. any other gods is a counterfeit. Accept him and his SON JESUS
Lol, You should accept the flying spaghetti monster because he's the only true God. The Christian God is a counterfeit
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by vinceyinnovation: 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2021
Workch:
That discovery works, nothing works in Christianity.
Nothing, all noise cheesy

Anyway, at this point in time my target has achieve...

From the first page I thought you were very logical..

But I have discovered that just like other black man atheist...you are a big time quoter/preacher.

SCIENCE IS A RELIGION AND YOU ARE THEIR PREACHER

TELL ME WHEN THIS SERVICE WILL BE OVER...

BY THE WAY, I ENJOYED YOUR CHURCH SERMON.
grin
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2021
vinceyinnovation:

But I have discovered that just like other black man atheist...you are a big time quoter/preacher.

grin
Now you can go pay tithes to your pastors cheesy

Happy now, let brilliant people comment
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2021
vinceyinnovation:

grin
Go ask about me on this sections, if I have your time.

You go think say na trailer jam you this night. Walahi cheesy
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by vinceyinnovation: 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
Workch:
Now you can go pay tithes to your pastors cheesy

Happy now, let brilliant people comment

I will gladly pay it to you my science religion pastor.

By the way, you have an argument zeal of a year one philosophy student...(I come in peace)
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2021
vinceyinnovation:

I will gladly pay it to you my science religion pastor.

By the way, you have an argument zeal of a year one philosophy student...(I come in peace)
Well, at least I don't have an imaginary friend who doesn't exist cheesy
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by vinceyinnovation: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2021
Workch:
Well, at least I don't have an imaginary friend who doesn't exist cheesy

Also happy I did not make a fellow human being with brain as I have as my god and religion to defend passionately, Because he is white wink
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2021
vinceyinnovation:

Also happy I did not make a fellow human being with brain as I have as my god and religion to defend passionately. wink
You would have been taken seriously if you don't believe that a snake talked to woman made from calcium and phosphates in ribs cheesy
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2021
vinceyinnovation:

Also happy I did not make a fellow human being with brain as I have as my god and religion to defend passionately, Because he is white wink
An average Christian thinks snakes can talk to a woman.

I wonder why psychiatrists are not fully booked grin
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by nuttyprofessor(m): 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
Workch:
I have made a lot of arguments, some are trolls while some are kind of intellectaul. Today, I want to give you scientific reasons why a creator most likely doesn't exist.

I am going to explain this using the lawof conservation of energy, law of conservation of mass and theory of relativity. I will try and synchronize them to make my point clear.

The law of conservation of energy states that in close system, energy can neither be created nor destroyed - only converted from one form of energy to another. This means that a system always has the same amount of energy, unless it's added from the outside. ... The only way to use energy is to transform energy from one form to another.

The law of conservation of mass or principle of mass conservation states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy, the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as the system's mass cannot change, so quantity can neither be added nor be removed.

What this means is that, if the universe is a closed system, it means that mass and energy have always remained constant, since the universe is 100% energy and mass, it means that the universe has always existed, it was never created and cannot be destroyed. The keyword here is "closed system" it brings us to the question of whether the universe is a closed or open system. Before we discuss that, we have to chip in the mass/energy equation from the theory of relativity, which says energy is directly proportional to mass E=mc^2. So wherever you see matter, it means it's energy and vice versa.

Is the universe a closed system? If the universe is a closed system it means that the universe can always exist on its own without a creator. If the universe is an open system, it means that it gets energy input from outside which also implies that the law of conservation energy also applies from that source of energy. For the purposes of your question, the answer is probably "closed". You could have come to that answer just by asking yourself why it is that you care whether it's open or closed. The reason you care, I assume, is because you want to know whether the law of conservation of energy and similar laws apply. So then, why does whether it is open or closed affect that? Because an open system might have energy added to it or subtracted from it by an external source/sink of energy. So then, shouldn't it be obvious that if you think the universe isn't connected to anything else, or you define the word "universe" so that it includes everything that could possibly affect anything, then there's no reason (at this level of discourse) the laws of thermodynamics wouldn't apply?

So thermodynamically, the universe cannot be an open system, whatever causes the exchange of energy with the universe is automatically part of the universe and that realm clearly still operate within the confines of the law of thermodynamics.

So it doesn't make sense scientifically that the universe was created.

I would argue, the probability for the existence of a supernatural GOD . We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. 

Our existence poses a mystery that demands an answer.   It’s our most enduring question. For we all seek to know: why we are here?
It is a mystery that lies beyond science.      scientists hypotheses about the first moments of Creation aren’t much more than guesses ..  we need to explore the universe and its history a little more thoroughly before we can make such definitive assumptions and statements about its origins. 

“fundamental question of metaphysics.” -
( Why is there something rather than nothing?”
Why Anything? Why This?
why does the universe exist?  Why does it seem to follow mathematical laws, and are those laws inevitable?   Was the universe made for life  . Some say without an answer to this questions, we can’t know anything:
     The idea that something came out of nothing is contrary to reason.  whether existence emerging from nothingness is even logically possible   --   the rules of arithmetic must also hold to ensure that “0 = 0” rather than “0 = 1.
      To  think or assume that anything will exist  without any preceding cause is strange because everything we are familiar with can trace its existence to some earlier cause:
For example;  manufactured things are made by people , life comes from other life and etc . # It seems to defy reason for a thing to exist without a cause.

Science has revealed aspects of nature that seem supernatural .
How can physical atoms and molecules, for example, create something that exists in a separate domain that has no physical existence: human consciousness?
 Also scientists still ponder that
  the universe is its own cause, emerging as a random quantum fluctuation allowed by laws of physics.

Could it be that  we are trying to use science to answer a non-scientific question ~
What we are looking for is not a cause, but rather  a reason — an explanation.
 Well many sciences { evolutionary biology, mathematics, physics , astronomy,etc} all point towards  the "first cause" as a divine act of creation . Many questions about our universe and our existence defy any natural or rational  explanation. And  YES  science accepts  the possibility that  it takes the existence of some kind of a "GOD" to make the mathematical underpinnings of the universe comprehensible.
God is a necessary being which has its reason for existence in itself.
grin
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by peggywebbs(f): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
And you have presumed I'm not an intellect? How?

Just say this thread is for delusional atheists period.

Workch:
Move away, thread is meant for intellects. People who can actually discuss real topics
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2021
nuttyprofessor:

I would argue, the probability for the existence of a supernatural GOD . We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. 
The universe is not marvelous, wait until a blackhole comes close enough or take a trip to space without a space suit. The universe is harsh

Our existence poses a mystery that demands an answer.   It’s our most enduring question. For we all seek to know: why we are here?
It is a mystery that lies beyond science.      scientists hypotheses about the first moments of Creation aren’t much more than guesses ..  we need to explore the universe and its history a little more thoroughly before we can make such definitive assumptions and statements about its origins. 
The mystery are not beyond science, it's a comment formulated by religious people to insert God into the equation. Because science doesn't know it today doesn't mean we won't find tommorow. Filling the gaps with God doesn't answer the question, it creates an unquestionable answers.

[ quote]  “fundamental question of metaphysics.” -
Why Anything? Why This? [/quote] There's no evdiecne for metaphysics, it's a religious contraption.
why does the universe exist?  Why does it seem to follow mathematical laws, and are those laws inevitable?   Was the universe made for life  . Some say without an answer to this questions, we can’t know anything:
     The idea that something came out of nothing is contrary to reason.  whether existence emerging from nothingness is even logically possible   --   the rules of arithmetic must also hold to ensure that “0 = 0” rather than “0 = 1.
Logic is less reliable than evidence, that's why we fixed alot of mistakes made by even Aristotle with evidence from science

To  think or assume that anything will exist  without any preceding cause is strange because everything we are familiar with can trace its existence to some earlier cause:
For example;  manufactured things are made by people , life comes from other life and etc . # It seems to defy reason for a thing to exist without a cause.
Then who caused the creator? You want your logic to end there?

How can physical atoms and molecules, for example, create something that exists in a separate domain that has no physical existence: human consciousness?
  the universe is its own cause, emerging as a random quantum fluctuation allowed by laws of physics.
science has never reveled anything in the supernatural, it doesn't deal with the supernatural. Because scientist are still pondering is not evidence that it was created.

Could it be that  we are trying to use science to answer a non-scientific question ~
What we are looking for is not a cause, but rather  a reason — an explanation.
Then wait until we find the reason before inserting a god

Well many sciences { evolutionary biology, mathematics, physics , astronomy,etc} all point towards  the "first cause" as a divine act of creation . Many questions about our universe and our existence defy any natural or rational  explanation. And  YES  science accepts  the possibility that  it takes the existence of some kind of a "GOD" to make the mathematical underpinnings of the universe comprehensible.
grin
first cause is not a scientific topic but a philosophical argument which hasnt been backed by evidence. Show me any science textbook that talks about first cause?
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 11:17pm On Oct 21, 2021
peggywebbs:
And you have presumed I'm not an intellect? How?

Just say this thread is for delusional atheists period.

I have seen some brilliant theists make comments here as well, its a pity you don't fall into that category
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by nuttyprofessor(m): 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
Workch:
The universe is not marvelous, wait until a blackhole comes close enough or take a trip to space without a space suit. The universe is harsh

The mystery are not beyond science, it's a comment formulated by religious people to insert God into the equation. Because science doesn't know it today doesn't mean we won't find tommorow. Filling the gaps with God doesn't answer the question, it creates an unquestionable answers.

[ quote]  “fundamental question of metaphysics.” -
Why Anything? Why This? There's no evdiecne for metaphysics, it's a religious contraption.
     The idea that something came out of nothing is contrary to reason.  whether existence emerging from nothingness is even logically possible   --   the rules of arithmetic must also hold to ensure that “0 = 0” rather than “0 = 1. Logic is less reliable than evidence, that's why we fixed alot of mistakes made by even Aristotle with evidence from science
For example;  manufactured things are made by people , life comes from other life and etc . # It seems to defy reason for a thing to exist without a cause. Then who caused the creator? You want your logic to end there?

the universe is its own cause, emerging as a random quantum fluctuation allowed by laws of physics. science has never reveled anything in the supernatural, it doesn't deal with the supernatural. Because scientist are still pondering is not evidence that it was created.

What we are looking for is not a cause, but rather  a reason — an explanation. Then wait until we find the reason before inserting a god
;Dfirst cause is not a scientific topic but a philosophical argument which hasnt been backed by evidence. Show me any science textbook that talks about first cause?

Science must recognize its limits and its inability to reach the existence of God. It can neither affirm nor deny his existence. 
The proofs for the existence of God are many and convergent. the universe is the work of a creator ; It is manifested in the various marvels of nature.
Re: Scientific Facts As To Why A Creator Cannot Possibly Exist. by Workch: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
nuttyprofessor:

Science must recognize its limits and its inability to reach the existence of God. It can neither affirm nor deny his existence. 
The proofs for the existence of God are many and convergent. the universe is the work of a creator ; It is manifested in the various marvels of nature.
You are creating a limit that doesn’t exist just so your god can exist.

There’s no evidence that a creator exist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need Dream Casters To Help Me With My Expository Dream / Holy Spirit / How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.