Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,550 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest (42303 Views)

Andrew Nice, Driver Of The BRT Bus Bamise Ayanwole Boarded Speaks (Video) / Antigua And Barbuda Offers To Support #FreeLeahSharibu Movement / Photos Of Bukola Saraki Chilling With Offa Robbery Suspects Before Their Arrest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Maxymilliano(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
The Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda Gaston Browne has ordered the arrest of Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi, the couple who fled Nigeria after duping investors of over N22 billion.

I have already put systems in place to ensure that if he is not here yet, they could capture him on his way here because Antigua and Barbuda is not going to be a refuge for scamps,” Mr Browne said.

Mr Browne, who made his comments while in Parliament on Wednesday, said that though it is unverified if the couple are currently in the country, they will be apprehended upon entry.

Peoples Gazette had reported that the Ajetunmobis had obtained citizenship of the Caribbean islands of Antigua and Barbuda.

The passports of the couple and their minor children surfaced online overnight, hours after reports emerged that they had fled Nigeria, leaving its customer base of 90,000 investors stranded.

Mr Browne said that he heard that the Ajetunmobis “obtained Antiguan and Barbudan passports, citizenship under the CIP programme and now that person is now wanted for defrauding a number of Nigerians.”

Mr Browne added that the Citizenship by Investment Programme, used by the Ajetunmobis, is not meant to attract shady characters and his government will ensure repatriation of wanted individuals hiding in the country.

The initial report from The Gazette noted that the couple planned their disappearance months in advance to avoid the suspicion of investors. Data entries on their passports showed that the husband and one of their minor children procured their passports on April 29, 2021, while Mrs Ajetunmobi procured hers on May 4, 2021.

The Ajetunmobis led a micro lending business called Imagine Global, offering 22 per cent interest on loans and 10 percent returns to investors. The news of the fraudulent scheme broke when multiple victims took to social media, revealing the amounts invested.

A WhatsApp group as well as a Nairaland forum had been created for those affected by the fraudulent scheme to pool resources towards recovering their investments.

The Gazette had attempted to reach the company at its address in Lagos, but it was closed and all telephone numbers for the couple failed to connect.

A spokesman for Zuriel Consulting Limited — Imagine Global’s legal adviser — said the law firm could not comment on investors’ funds and the disappearance of the couple, adding that it can neither deny nor confirm claims that the amount stolen was up to N22 billion.

https://gazettengr.com/antigua-and-barbuda-prime-minister-orders-arrest-of-nigerian-couple-over-n22-billion-imagine-global-fraud/

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Charmingrascal(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2021
Yoruba and fraud
Igbo and drug

Y'all are painting hardworking Nigerians in bad light.

Before you begin foam for mouth I be Yoruba too.
I am only stating the obvious recurring fact.

Modified:

Chai this comment don really cause gobe oo.
Hausa pipu dem say make una sef stop being violent/religion extremism

Fulani dem Buhari pipu stop terrorism!!!!

E don balance now lydis grin

222 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Bola146(f): 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2021
Thank God shocked shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by slawormiir: 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2021
Damnnn niggar
The truth of the matter is .....the hood is no longer funny....more scammers everywhere.....fraudulent schemes and investment.....

Every body mount your guard.....don't loose guard....because if you loose guard them go maga you

Enlighten your loved ones or relatives and friends to be careful and Mount thier guard
Whether we like it or not...scammers are increasing exponentially

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by dasparrow: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
Some Nigerians eh! They are a disgrace. This couple has no conscience. I pray the investors get their money back.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by bolaayenimo: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
. That is a country where things work. But here in Nigeria,Abba Kyari is still enjoying presidential immunity here because he is Fulani

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by taiwotimitt: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
How can people be this wicked? Stole money that belongs to people and ran away.....

Also some lazy people don't want to work just sit at home waiting for ROI. Thieves in disguise.

It is what it is

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Striving: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
Devilish couple. I almost thought that they will get away with it. Stole billions of naira in investments and ruined peoples lives.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Dailymice: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
smiley
Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by ClassicMan202(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
Shoot dem sight..... After collecting every dime they stole

Women sha like to dey show dem selves

After dem go say men dey sexualize dem

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by julitoch: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Thinktwicemybro: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
Omoluabis have once again disgraced what is left of this shit hole country. Theses are the same people who were asking of obi cubana source of wealth.

In the meantime arewa republic bandits have open shop on the head of their emirs. Indeed you reap what you sow.

20 Likes

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Crossroad1(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
This couple get mind Sha.
Did they even imagine the numbers of homes that will be shattered with the situation of the country?

Most of their investors are not greedy, they just want a means to add up their savings to meet up with the hardship that idiot in aso rock has created

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by ebuk4real(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
cool

Nigeria don cast o

6 Likes

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Philipponzaghi: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
They should find them and shoot them at sight.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by free2ryhme: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
Maxymilliano:

https://gazettengr.com/antigua-and-barbuda-prime-minister-orders-arrest-of-nigerian-couple-over-n22-billion-imagine-global-fraud/
Good

Both of them wants to do like the Chuddy Ugorji, the initiator of the Nigerian faction of the Mavrodi Mondial Moneybox (MMM) ponzi scheme, that fled the country with his wife, Amaka to the Philippines

But they didnot know that times have changed and the country they ran away to might possibl have extradition treaty with Nigeria of some sort or something similar

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Albert0011(m): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
Once they are caught,they should deport them back to Nigeria ASAP.
Na from inside aeroplane them go start to dey collect better 2 by 2 for head grin

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Kharol1234: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hmm
Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by ivolt: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
Who declared them wanted?
Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by free2ryhme: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by BruncleZuma: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Nah where dem run go....hahahahaha lolololololol

[img]https://c./_UvRcZbOuhoAAAAd/gotcha.gif[/img]

I sure say Pastor Miebi of Baraza and Maxwell of MBA Trading nah their neighbours for there...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Way4orward: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hahaha
Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Commentor: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nice one.
Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by horpeyemmi66(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
Wow, this man deserves a standing Ovation!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Vinnie2000(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
Rushing to Check the Names as Usual.. shocked

Whether Afonja, Flat.heads or Abokiis...

Turns out to be say nah Afonja win am.. cheesy cheesy
Kai, Disgracing our Kwantree!

7 Likes

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by TheoBag: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
Water2wine
God will help you recover that money ma'am
Only if I can see 0.02% of that money,food don't set for the next 3 months
I can just imagine that much money for in the hand of someone,other's sweat.I swear e dey give me migraine, if I dey think am,300m. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Falseprofet2: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
grin

I see them returned in disgrace
I see the investors not getting all their money back

I see more Nigerians still fall for these types of investment due to greed

I see more collabo between pastors and conmen
I see guilible nigerians losing their money

I see more Michenos Michael Eke
Maxwell Odum MBA
Muyiwa Folurunsho Divergent et al

10 Likes

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by jrusky(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
Why d man come resemble Hiltler this much?
Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by Temi2468: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
Crossroad1:
Those couples get mind Sha

That's the real definition of "partners in crime"!

Others are just joking.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamise and Elizabeth Ajetunmobi: Antigua And Barbuda PM Orders Their Arrest by seunlayi(m): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2021
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Warns #RevolutionNow Protesters, Says "Stay Off Rivers State" / One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? / Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.